Options
13»

Comments

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    @Kossy
    Jewelscalen was first done with 2 5x clerics who knew what they were doing, not anything else, which was kind of cool.

Certain TT bosses were also range tank-able as well. (Minister for one)

As for the rest of you that's stupid. You want to go back to the days where barb and cleric had first and second pick of drops or demanded money lols.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Domethies - Raging Tide
    Domethies - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options

As for the rest of you that's stupid. You want to go back to the days where barb and cleric had first and second pick of drops or demanded money lols.

b:surrender yes please b:chuckleb:victory

But seriously, i like that it more or less needs a barb, more or less because others have pointed out that its not actually required. Its just a shame that people think us kittys are completely useless, people in rt will wc *lfm for -insert instance name here-* and ill message them and get turned down cause they dont need a barb for reasons xyz, or my favourite asking for a sin to glitch bubble boss, mobs reset at the entrance to that room so i can totaly just run there and the mobs will of been reset before ive even reached bubble. Or better yet, being turned down fc squads cause they already have a barb, i ran fc today with 3 barbs and it was the most fun ever, all 3 of us trying to pull at once :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    @Kossy
    Jewelscalen was first done with 2 5x clerics who knew what they were doing, not anything else, which was kind of cool.

>Implying that all clerics and barbs were like that.

I've meet a few noobs like that, but most weren't a bunch of jerks like those.

Also, anyone that was dumb enough to pay barbs for their repairs bills, or to give drops to them, when they're just there doing their part for the squad like everybody else, should jump off a cliff for being so stupid.
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    It was a while ago when I was about to reply in this thread and I decided not to; then several hours later I realized how inconsequential it would have been.

b:bored
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Oh no, we need a tank class to tank things! Oh the problems we have!

Suck it up, god forbid you need one particular class, which you don't. I have a seeker in faction that does it just fine without AD or sparking.

The instance is about knowing what your doing, not walking through it. This isn't Nirvana.

Want something you can walk through? Travel back in time and be an APS Sin or BM and do Nirvana.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Professor_X - Heavens Tear
    Professor_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Our squad doesn't use a barb and does just fine! It's harder, but way more fun.
  • SarraLost - Sanctuary
    SarraLost - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I have a 100 Barb. No plans to reincarnate. I barely play it anyway.
    When the 11 and 12 star orbs were removed due to
    "Client Instability"...
    Was PWE referring to the Game Client?
    Or the players?
  • Minuanooo - Archosaur
    Minuanooo - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    this business of being difficult to find barbarian, cleric, dd something.
    I do so with fsp 2 cleric, 1 veno and a good seeke
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    the days where barb and cleric had first and second pick of drops or demanded money lols.
    That system was always so awkward for me because it was barb->cleric->DDs in order of level for pick order and I was just there kind of raising my paw like, 'well what about me, I'm not really a 'DD', I'm a support and specifically playing to make the job for the tank and therefore cleric easier.....'
    I didn't like being blobbed with the DDs at all because it felt like it demeaned my role OTL "You have a cleric, and a tank, and then a bunch of USELESS SCUM I mean DDs" eummm....

I don't want to say much on the barb thing because it's rediculous... of course the barbs don't want it removed because, why would they, it means they get an easy ride into this specific instance... no one else wants it, though.
    If a party of people wants to specifically have a certain class, the auto-form function should probabily just have a 'do not form squad if ____ is not in the waiting list' function, not an automatic option that everyone, regardless of their playing style, has to use....
    Yeah if you're playing in a faction it tends to be super easy to find a barb, especially for me because one of my very good friends in game plays a barb as his main, but not all people like playing as, or with, barbs :x

What I want to know is why only the guy untameds don't get one shot 3:< first they get to keep the racial skill (swimming mastery) and venos don't and now this?! What is this absolute blasphemy!! /mostily joking
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Im_Not_Sure - Archosaur
    Im_Not_Sure - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Sadly there will always be things to complain about in this game... With that said Im a barb and it would be great to have it removed, make more people not so wary about doing it. Just finished a run and I never died everything went find, but I never even got the kill count for succubus, not like I need 8 coins b:surrender
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options

Sounds like broken mechanics, still forking over and no F2P way to pay for repairs. Wonder how this keeps going at the rate it's going.
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Honestly, I like the fact that barbs are more needed now. It makes some other people see their importance again, since a lot of people forget it, in favor of aps and bp. That said, a barb is not essentially REQUIRED to do this instance, however it is recommended. In my experience, I've seen a psychic do it, and I've also heard of archers and a certain cleric (Not Myself) doing it. Although I feel that this instance could have been designed a lot better, it does help to show the importance of squadplay, and it is designed in a way that it cannot be an aps only instance, a solo instance, a duo instance, or one that can be done without a true proper squad. That said, I'd say to leave it how it is. Though, there is something that I will say...

Asterelle does have a point in the mentioning of someone who has great gear not being able to take the blows that a +3 barb can, who also has less hp.

Also, in the regards of giving the barb the pages from the treasure room. FLAT OUT NO!! I'm not going to run a single instance where the barb gets sole rewards. I'm burning up MP pots healing said barb, and also debuffing the squad. I'm not asking for sole rewards, so that barb isn't getting it from me either. After all, if Toad boss debuffs said barb with its dot, and the cleric/psy/ whomever does not purify said barb...said barb will still be a dead barb, and a lot of good that does. Thus, that barb doesn't have sole importance in the run, and IS NOT entitled to the rewards of the squad as a whole. I'll attack it myself before I go through with that. The barb alone wouldn't get that far, since it requires others to open the door. The barb alone wouldn't get past the very next boss, since it summons mobs that freeze, it hits hard, and also does a water dot, and a massive water blast. Simply put, unless said barb is going to run this whole instance and no one in the squad is required to do anything but look pretty as the barb alone quickly clears it, then the barb is not getting the drops, as this is a squad instance.

Sorry if I rambled, but in conclusion, I will say that for now at least, though its not a perfect instance, its fine as is for now.

Did PWCN do the F2P thing with the charms, so that players could actually get charms and can Barbs finally repair with gold coin in the long run. It was abysmal when they cut the gold coin from Delta. Very disgusting. The overpowered kill where people would solo Delta at the start of the thing makes me disgusted in this game. PWCN was doing so much dodgy **** back in 2011 and 2012.

Absolutely disgusting that was half the reason, I don't really want to return cause I know what the INT Version is like. Very unbalanced, P2W Heal ****-fest with no repairs cause they can't control the bots (judging now by reading the forums -- unless they've put in an automatic function now.)

Good they are changing the mechanics. After 3 years? (2011) I mean seriously China must be taking a dump for 6 months just to get the stuff developed.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    bangis2010 wrote: »
    those who spam on wc for barb on FS should also think, maybe their reputation is low . yesterday my squad leader spamming on wc for about 10 minutes for barb and he didnot get any. and one of the member world chat for barb and boom he got pm in 1 tele.

This too. Most barbs dont want to go with low DD squads.
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    edited January 2014
    Options
    anyone else sick of spending 1hr+ a day tryin to find a barb just to do this? and wasting tons of tele's only to end up in squad disbanding cause of no barbs.

please make it atleast so any Heavy Armor class can tank the damage or something, this is just getting stupid...

Attacks Per Second was the bane when it got established. Glad to see it go.
    b:laugh

What?! You need Barb? Sorry can't pay for repairs. Oh, see ya.

@Kossy

Why not? At least the class synchronicity with the 6 classes was good back then. Before the damn fish assassin, 5 APS and speed running Nirvana. Not in my day (2006, 2007 and 2008) You earned your gear through farming and those who earned their gear really earned their gear. Not just buying your gear with R8.
    b i t . l y /
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Lol @ all the barbs that were shunned to one side when aps reigned supreme are now cautiously coming out of hibernation playing hard to get and pompously prancing around refusing to do runs unless demands are met (pages, repairs, fees, catnip, belly scratching etc)

When pretty soon the population will have mastered the tricks of resisting the non-barb one shot and will no longer need them again and they will be shunned once more!

No one wants to play with the fluffeh kitties b:laugh
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    +1 to removing this stupidity, once all the barbs have done FSP, they don't wanna go again so a LOT of people are stuck without barbs and don't get FSP done. I seen people on my server world chat FOR HOURS for a barb. It's pathetic really...so if a instance suddenly required a "psychich" class to be in...we'd NEVER get it done because psychichs seem to be the least in numbers of all the classes, while the most are sins.
    @Kossy

NEVER AGAIN. Random split or even split, and people are even paying barbs to tank FSP on my server...a barb who's done it and only coming for the pay should be fine with the pay, as well as a CHANCE of a page, because they volunteered to do so for the pay originally and everyone put equal work into killing the bosses despite not being a tank, being a tank doesn't make them above DDs automatically for reward drops.
  • Yuuniee - Dreamweaver
    Yuuniee - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I seen people on my server world chat FOR HOURS for a barb.

I've seen a squad wcing for barb that day for a hour. I offered to help but got deniedb:surrender... o well!
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    so if a instance suddenly required a "psychich" class to be in...we'd NEVER get it done because psychichs seem to be the least in numbers of all the classes, while the most are sins.

Lul what? DW is crawling with psys. I would say wizzys and mystics are the most rare classes ever.

But honestly, I would say maybe give it a little more time, once more people rebirth and level their barbs might make it a bit easier in finding one, or more people will step up to the plate and figure out how to tank it without a barb, since some already have done so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I hate fsp because of that barb requirement. Thats beyond stupid because we don't have enough barbs to fill every squad for fsp. Lots of them now demanding money for tanking it or pages just for doing 1 single boss... like the rest of us don't spend resources on him.
    Make it possible for any HA armor to tank it and it will be fine, to favors one class its just stupid and its just slap to a face for every other class.
    I'm sure that anyway people will get better in timing to resist his frontal attack (I know I'm close to get it right) and then finally wont need to waste an hour in search for barb when I can do something more efficient in game.
    Also that barbs attitude how they finally are needed for something is beyond stupid, because I never seen in my 5 years of playing that someone didn't toke barb in instance just cause he is barb. If you cant make yourself useful in squad thats personal problem and not class problem.
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I've seen a squad wcing for barb that day for a hour. I offered to help but got deniedb:surrender... o well!

Hi Yuunie