Options

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    i wonder what happens when you seal of god the targeted person :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Kijinka - Dreamweaver
    Kijinka - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Remove the requirement for the tank class of this game to tank? Naw fool
  • SilverMayhem - Archosaur
    SilverMayhem - Archosaur Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    at the current state of pve, barb is useless except for buffs, its harsh but its the truth. barb cant keep aggros from the dds now days. and everyone is so tanky now, with or without barbs wont affect the efficiency. and barb is a very expansive class to play r9rr barbs with 50k hp every charm tick is 25k....how long does a plat charm last? and barbs dont have the group fight capabilities like archers wiz and psy, so why would people deck out a barb spent the most charsm and pots, not even half the killing power in group fights as wiz archer or psy? this is why theres less and less pp playing barbs. and pwi set an instance that reqs a class that no one plays, there is simple not enough barbs to go around. not everyone is r9rr+12, and barb req for toad boss should be removed or at least set to all heavy armors can tank it. this saves a lot people time, it is not fair for one class to **** over the other 9 classes.

That's the whole quote so ill make sure not to take anything out of context.

Are you saying that the "requirement" for barbs in a squad should be taken out because you feel that they are useless? Idk how it is on Harshlands but on arch. There uselessness is sure needed in 90% of squads. I'm not r9+. I'm g16+ 5 with warsoul axes+10 demon. I'm useless except for my buffs?

Ive ran squads on alts without barbs and let me tell you. If there isn't a rrr9+5 or higher in these squads. It fails. Or at the very least, it takes longer. 9/10 I see "LF barb or r9+ tank". Useless doesn't get that. This isnt the first time ive seen this. Personally, Idc if the instance gets changed to only heavy armor classes or just gets eliminated all together.

What's up setting is this. With more and more people thinking like this its no wonder there are little to no barbs on servers. I saw keep the instance the same and let people QQ about no barbs. Learn to deal and get around it. It's one boss, not the whole instance. I for one go into FSP squads just to tank that boss and leave.

Lastly, tanking. Many of you fail to grasp the idea of it. One needs Aggro in order to tank. While you can be Tanky, if you can not get or maintain aggro, you are, there for, not a tank. Despite how much dmg you can take during pvp. In the world of pve if you cant hold Aggro, you are not tanking there for you are not a tank.

Just becuase you've had one fail barb doesnt mean all barbs are fail/useless. With that mind sit. I shiuld write off sins and psys that pull Aggro by sparking and dieing on one hit fails and a useless class because they can't survive a look from a boss. BMs are useless because you can't sry a boss and demon vemos have HF, demon Mystics have HF, Seekers have HF Pots, Archers have HF. And now, your huff can be found in pots farmed by killing hellfire, puppet boss in abba and so on. Not to forget base buffs. Yet we dont write off BMs as useless.
    Logic = Against ToS. It's the answer to all "Wtf..." Moments during normal gameplay with other players.
  • SilverMayhem - Archosaur
    SilverMayhem - Archosaur Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I see this topic as pointless. I'm much rather talk about how you need to be in pj mode in order to kill mobs on a pve server to get Exp and finish the quest which in turns grants rewards based on how greedy you are, not allowing anyone else to complete that quest. Many of you would say, just don't aoe. But I want Eco too. So maybe we should take turns? Sometimes the Convoy doesn't show up. Let's squad then. If I kill you don't get the kills.

But nah, let's forget about that because it doesn't matter. Aslong as you hit really hard. Either they will stay away or they will die too. But whats important is this barb only boss. Thats just down right sickening. b:surrender
    Logic = Against ToS. It's the answer to all "Wtf..." Moments during normal gameplay with other players.
  • Brett - Morai
    Brett - Morai Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I like the fact that I'm healing a big old fluffly for FSP. I like the fact that he can hold aggro, I like that barbs are needed for squads again. I would hate to see this instance farmed by dds alone. I often run in the same squad and it is super fast. Hot and Tico know their stuff (except for Tico taking lava baths now and again b:chuckle ), and they are the only squad I actually like running with, along with other crisis ppl (i'm not in a guild where ppl are high enough to run fsp yet). Get yourself a regular squad where everyone knows what they are doing. Get them on your friendlist, hell, get them some flowers and chocolates if you like. Make an effort to make connections and you won't have a problem. That's how this game used to be played. I for one would like to see that mindset from our players again.
  • mrgene
    mrgene Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    though I like the fact that barb is needed, and Ive never experienced desperately calling for barb, it really bugs me when I see some barb asking for coins or drops for joining, also when people are willing to pay for that.
  • Brett - Morai
    Brett - Morai Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    mrgene wrote: »
    though I like the fact that barb is needed, and Ive never experienced desperately calling for barb, it really bugs me when I see some barb asking for coins or drops for joining, also when people are willing to pay for that.

Never ever would I pay/agree to that. I just run with squads that aren't greedy.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I don't mind having a barb in squad at all, and most of the ones who play the class regularly on Sanctuary are pretty good.

I just don't like the devs arbitrarily saying "YOU MUST HAVE THIS CLASS IN SQUAD OR ELSE". It takes so much longer to make squads for the instance, you get 9 people instantly and take another 30-45 minutes looking for a barb.

Imagine if there was a boss that killed everyone except mystics. It would take hours to fill squad. Class-specific restrictions are just silly.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I think the game contains a wide variety of different types of boss and needs some to be class specific.

Why?
    When I first started this game, I started with a barb friend who never charged for help, and we still remain best of friends, but one of the best feelings I have gotten in this game came, when after watching and admiring his use of skills, tank many Physical Bosses for this once very squishy fishy, there came a day when I could repay that debt by tanking a magic boss for him and I truly understood why he did it. Go Barbs. b:thanks
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • lythraos
    lythraos Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    And since you are at it remove the anti-APS on bosses, the simultaneous digging at the beggining and the chi instakill from the last boss.

I FIND THE FACT THAT I CANT FACEROLL SPARKMACRO THAT INSTANCE OFFENSIVE.
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I find this boss rather simple to tank once I got the timing of its attack down pat.

The way I do it is to cycle between pious blessing and expel (which I tend to purify off myself, though in my channeling gear the timing can be tricky in laggy dungeon lol).

However, anybody at all capable of keeping aggro can tank this, and the squad can help them do so. If others in the squad know the timing, they click the tanker and hit expel. Then the cleric healing tank just purifies off the seal, allowing the tanker to continue to keep aggro with his/her attack. Two people dedicated to sending expel can allow the tanker to use his/her genie to full effect to keep aggro.

Yeah I'm totally cool with this boss, its a lot of fun. The bosses that give me more problems are the ones that require a purger to remove the ih buff!
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    You really don't need a barb to tank it. I've been in squads where it was tanked by an archer, and a sin (separate squad). And surprisingly, no one died during the boss. For archer, use WoG and leap when ever it yells in red "except for barbs...." and does that 1 shot hit. For sins, they can spark, and use all it's survival skills, and that new skill life hunter to keep aggro. All it is is timing, and acute awareness of its attack patterns.

I'll try and post a vid of it next time I run it with them.
  • Sien - Heavens Tear
    Sien - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    lythraos wrote: »
    And since you are at it remove the anti-APS on bosses, the simultaneous digging at the beggining and the chi instakill from the last boss.

I FIND THE FACT THAT I CANT FACEROLL SPARKMACRO THAT INSTANCE OFFENSIVE.
    I find this post making me laugh offensive.
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    You really don't need a barb to tank it. I've been in squads where it was tanked by an archer, and a sin (separate squad). And surprisingly, no one died during the boss. For archer, use WoG and leap when ever it yells in red "except for barbs...." and does that 1 shot hit. For sins, they can spark, and use all it's survival skills, and that new skill life hunter to keep aggro. All it is is timing, and acute awareness of its attack patterns.

I had a go at it a few days ago and was seeing different results. The one-shot attack was coming immediately as the red words popped up, I'd have my finger on the button waiting to AD and still wasn't fast enough to avoid the kill. Ended up beating him after taking a few lumps and trying to predict when he'd use the attack and having the immune already in place.

Does the timing of the one shot attack sometimes glitch like the timing on the axes sometimes does? I wasn't the only one having zero time to react to the attack on that run. I generally don't have much trouble timing a WoG to avoid a boss's special attack, though that night it just wasn't possible unless I started before the words appeared.
  • XxWilxX - Heavens Tear
    XxWilxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    No... <.<
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options

Sinclere can tank it just fine, timing is of the essence, but if you lag it`s really damn hard to pull off.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I had a go at it a few days ago and was seeing different results. The one-shot attack was coming immediately as the red words popped up, I'd have my finger on the button waiting to AD and still wasn't fast enough to avoid the kill. Ended up beating him after taking a few lumps and trying to predict when he'd use the attack and having the immune already in place.

Does the timing of the one shot attack sometimes glitch like the timing on the axes sometimes does? I wasn't the only one having zero time to react to the attack on that run. I generally don't have much trouble timing a WoG to avoid a boss's special attack, though that night it just wasn't possible unless I started before the words appeared.

I am not sure if the timing of that attack can glitch. You'll have to talk to Bobzl about the details. I've seen him tanked it many times flawlessly. The boss's one shot kill attack does coincide with the appearance of that red text message. So you will have to kite it using leap before you see the message if you are an archer. I believe there is a certain time interval the attack follows, so you can anticipate it. I never pay close attention to it (yet) since I am always doing the axes.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I've seen it happen immediately before the message also so yeah it's not going to consistently be avoidable unless you have avoid death skill.
  • bangis2010
    bangis2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    those who spam on wc for barb on FS should also think, maybe their reputation is low . yesterday my squad leader spamming on wc for about 10 minutes for barb and he didnot get any. and one of the member world chat for barb and boom he got pm in 1 tele.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Bring a smart sage Psychic with sage BoL and have some coordination.

A Psy can go a good ~2 mins before it can finally be attacked and damaged with very small windows in between (small enough that a charm or SoR eats the damage), the rest can be covered by a cleric or other class sharing Expel, at which point the Psy can still go 20 of every 30 seconds immune (more or less, depends on genie).

Anytime we can't find a barb, I do this. Sure it's not ideal and we may likely see 1-4 deaths, but it gets the job done.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    anyone else sick of spending 1hr+ a day tryin to find a barb just to do this? and wasting tons of tele's only to end up in squad disbanding cause of no barbs.

Join a faction. One that understands the benefits of class synergies.

People have themselves to blame for a barb shortage - R9 seekers and sins have been called for on the world chan to do melee in instances ("Need sin/seeker for duo FC" and that kind of bullcrap). Now we get a boss that those classes can't tank and what happens? Yep... barbs are called for, but since they've been shunned over the past years, there are only a few at that level.

You might need to coerce the few that are there by offering some coin. Tanks have high repair costs.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I think thats what those pages in the treasure room are for. WC for a barb and promise him the pages so they will come a second time even though they wont get coins anymore. b:pleased
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Foxyface - Dreamweaver
    Foxyface - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    i like it tbh it teaches people self control something that r9rr cashers never seem to have.
    now u have to work as a team instead of just 3 sparking and rolling the boss .
    like the old days win you pull agro from the barb u die .
    And i love that the bosses ih themselves so i can yell at archers to purge
    "mine is in cd what's your problem ?"b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    like the old days win you pull agro from the barb u die .

*looks at past in the old days where I had been able to tank on non-barb classes all the time because we all knew how to play and were willing to try new things*

Which past are you in? o_O
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Honestly, I like the fact that barbs are more needed now. It makes some other people see their importance again, since a lot of people forget it, in favor of aps and bp. That said, a barb is not essentially REQUIRED to do this instance, however it is recommended. In my experience, I've seen a psychic do it, and I've also heard of archers and a certain cleric (Not Myself) doing it. Although I feel that this instance could have been designed a lot better, it does help to show the importance of squadplay, and it is designed in a way that it cannot be an aps only instance, a solo instance, a duo instance, or one that can be done without a true proper squad. That said, I'd say to leave it how it is. Though, there is something that I will say...

Asterelle does have a point in the mentioning of someone who has great gear not being able to take the blows that a +3 barb can, who also has less hp.

Also, in the regards of giving the barb the pages from the treasure room. FLAT OUT NO!! I'm not going to run a single instance where the barb gets sole rewards. I'm burning up MP pots healing said barb, and also debuffing the squad. I'm not asking for sole rewards, so that barb isn't getting it from me either. After all, if Toad boss debuffs said barb with its dot, and the cleric/psy/ whomever does not purify said barb...said barb will still be a dead barb, and a lot of good that does. Thus, that barb doesn't have sole importance in the run, and IS NOT entitled to the rewards of the squad as a whole. I'll attack it myself before I go through with that. The barb alone wouldn't get that far, since it requires others to open the door. The barb alone wouldn't get past the very next boss, since it summons mobs that freeze, it hits hard, and also does a water dot, and a massive water blast. Simply put, unless said barb is going to run this whole instance and no one in the squad is required to do anything but look pretty as the barb alone quickly clears it, then the barb is not getting the drops, as this is a squad instance.

Sorry if I rambled, but in conclusion, I will say that for now at least, though its not a perfect instance, its fine as is for now.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Foxyface - Dreamweaver
    Foxyface - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    backin the day = win the game was new and u had to grind to lvl .
    maby im just old
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystieMoon - Dreamweaver
    MystieMoon - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    *looks at past in the old days where I had been able to tank on non-barb classes all the time because we all knew how to play and were willing to try new things*

Which past are you in? o_O

The far past when there was no aps, no herc, no bp and no one had high refines. You basically needed balanced squad of a barb, cleric, and DD to do any instance.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    backin the day = win the game was new and u had to grind to lvl .
    maby im just old
    The far past when there was no aps, no herc, no bp and no one had high refines. You basically needed balanced squad of a barb, cleric, and DD to do any instance.
    Really? Because at-level FB29 says hello where we didn't have blessings, only had 6 hotkeys for numbers, couldn't see mob HP, didn't have genies, legendary pets didn't exist, Chrono and everything related to it didn't exist, you could count the number of people on a server with TT60, and everyone who knew about the game mechanics already had realized that to do that instance you needed a wiz with stone barrier tanking Quingzi's attacks.

Same with FB39's trioc and calcid, where we realized range tanks were better due to magic damage/DoT spam respectively.

Oh and let's not forget Krixxix who did MASSIVE physical damage up close but a very reasonable water attack when range tanked, which made range tanking it a very reasonable plan.

Plus there's mantavip who no Barb was willing to tank unless they were super OP for that time or absolute beasts with an insane amount of skill. Casters, on the other hand? Great for the boss!

I could go on easily. I really could. However the old old farts should be well aware that Barbs, while undeniably great tanks, were never the always tank all the time class people try to say they were.

Then again, maybe I'm the one here that's too old and referencing a time many seem to have forgotten existed or completely missed.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Really? Because at-level FB29 says hello where we didn't have blessings, only had 6 hotkeys for numbers, couldn't see mob HP, didn't have genies, legendary pets didn't exist, Chrono and everything related to it didn't exist, you could count the number of people on a server with TT60, and everyone who knew about the game mechanics already had realized that to do that instance you needed a wiz with stone barrier tanking Quingzi's attacks.

Same with FB39's trioc and calcid, where we realized range tanks were better due to magic damage/DoT spam respectively.

Oh and let's not forget Krixxix who did MASSIVE physical damage up close but a very reasonable water attack when range tanked, which made range tanking it a very reasonable plan.

Plus there's mantavip who no Barb was willing to tank unless they were super OP for that time or absolute beasts with an insane amount of skill. Casters, on the other hand? Great for the boss!

I could go on easily. I really could. However the old old farts should be well aware that Barbs, while undeniably great tanks, were never the always tank all the time class people try to say they were.

Then again, maybe I'm the one here that's too old and referencing a time many seem to have forgotten existed or completely missed.

b:laughLOL!!!

Yep! The days when a TW faction could rule a good part of the map just because 3 people in faction actually wore full sets of +5 TT80 armors and TW Field bosses took 40 minutes to kill with full squads of guildees for the initial territory invasion battles...b:chuckleb:victory
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Anyone can tank the Toad, as long as they have enough dps to keep aggro.
    All you need is to time the one shot skill, which is very easy. Watch for the red text, when it comes up, spark, expel, apo, ad or deaden nerves. All these things will protect you from the one shot skill.

I actually had half a squad leave because they didn't think I was able to tank it, funny thing is we replaced a squad of noobs with a squad of pros and I went on to tank it without any troubles what so ever.

Barb isn't needed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos