Why does everyone hate hybrid builds?

Comments

• Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nonesense Thread. I'm a Max Str. APS barb with R9 Axe +11, 4 r9 Parts (full +10 overall) and +12 G16 Claws. I can do anything faster, easier and way more comortable then any other class or build ever could (charmless ofc).

I'm living proof that the APS-Barb build is by far superior to any other PvE Build of any other class. Even in PvP. I laugh at any full +10 G16 standard APS-Gear Sin or BM. I just snip them out like nothing.

Yeah that pretty much sounds hella arrogant and stuff and I'm sorry for that...but seriously....don't mess with APS-Barbs because the Advantages over compareable sins and BMs are so obvious. Just one tiny little thing that makes the biggest difference: Genie aka Solid Shield.

People that really make a fuzz about how fail APS-Barbs in special are, are complete morons. They lack basic understanding of the game mechanixs and the Pros and Cons of any class. If it would go by my word I would forbid anyone to write anything about another class if they didn't do research about that class beforehand. I know them all ofc (: What are you guys doing all day? I talk about PWIs classen and stuff all the time when I'm on a game related TS and stuffs. Considering the game-related knowledge of some ppl here they surely just talk about the weather all day long...so it seems at least.

Have fun playing the game the way you want it and stop telling that othersways are wrong or stupid or w/e because you might end up getting owned by such "fail"-builds.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nonesense Thread. I'm a Max Str. APS barb with R9 Axe +11, 4 r9 Parts (full +10 overall) and +12 G16 Claws. I can do anything faster, easier and way more comortable then any other class or build ever could (charmless ofc).

I'm living proof that the APS-Barb build is by far superior to any other PvE Build of any other class. Even in PvP. I laugh at any full +10 G16 standard APS-Gear Sin or BM. I just snip them out like nothing.

Yeah that pretty much sounds hella arrogant and stuff and I'm sorry for that...but seriously....don't mess with APS-Barbs because the Advantages over compareable sins and BMs are so obvious. Just one tiny little thing that makes the biggest difference: Genie aka Solid Shield.

People that really make a fuzz about how fail APS-Barbs in special are, are complete morons. They lack basic understanding of the game mechanixs and the Pros and Cons of any class. If it would go by my word I would forbid anyone to write anything about another class if they didn't do research about that class beforehand. I know them all ofc (: What are you guys doing all day? I talk about PWIs classen and stuff all the time when I'm on a game related TS and stuffs. Considering the game-related knowledge of some ppl here they surely just talk about the weather all day long...so it seems at least.

Have fun playing the game the way you want it and stop telling that othersways are wrong or stupid or w/e because you might end up getting owned by such "fail"-builds.
    Please, name 1 thing you can do that a comparable sin or bm can't do in PvE. You can't.

Superior in what way when it comes to PvE, what kind of sins run around on morai that a barb is supposedly the top notch pve aps class.
    Not to dismiss APS barbs, i'm all for playing a class the way it was meant to be designed, though i'm not going to dismiss someone for using an exotic build, not the way I used to anyway.

But this is just sheer arrogance without any evidence, and you're saying so yourself.
    So please, do tell what you can do that a bm or sin can't do, or name something you can do faster than a sin (or bm) with equal refine and APS set up in PvE.

Calling a build superior to another in PvE is pointless and moot in this game, nothing in PWI is challenging when it comes to PvE.
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    lol who is this "everyone" that hates hybrid builds?
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't think a barb can be built to out-dps a sin with equal refines and both 5 aps, imo aps sin is the highest dps class in the game with its skillset.

For pve maybe aps barb is better, especially for farming, but maybe not in pvp against equal gears. Even in pve, full str barb with extreme endgame gears could have higher dps than aps barb with also endgame aps gears (cmiiw), with gof crit, higher base weapon damage than aps weapon, weapon mastery, attack level, maybe the damage could catch up with aps built.
  • Tindie - Harshlands
    Tindie - Harshlands Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    most people are fail at playing the game..and can only see what is before their eyes.

with that being said.. the people who were running their pixles where probly nothing more then nabs who havent ever played outside basic game style.. or endgamers who run around with g16 or r9 gear and have never tried anything outside what eveyone else thinks is the ideal game style..

when in truth there is a lot of builds.. expensive they might be.. that are capable of doing alot of things that your genaric build cant do without the aid other's.
  • SarraLost - Sanctuary
    SarraLost - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I tried an APS barb, and quite honestly, it's not for me. The DPH is laughable, not to mention the DPS sucks. The HP is on the low end, even with high refined gear.

I could still do huge pulls in FCC, but it was a little scary at times.

Two factors effecting mine: I did a very low dex build that was heavy on Str and no vit. I figured that Str would offset the low HP and give more DPS. It didn't. Hitting 600 on a boss at 5.0 is kind of useless, especially when my Sin hits for 2k on the same boss (granted 4.0 vs 5.0, but what's a Sage Sin gonna do?) At that time, I had three choices for fists/claws: A GV that's 2 sockets with Garnet Gems +10, a Deicide 1 socket flawless garnet +10, or TT90G Zerk fist 2 socket garnet gems +6. I went with the GV due to lower dex requirement. The zerk fist was just silly, BP wouldn't cover quite half of the cost of zerking.

Now I have a G15 2 socket Garnet Gem +7 claw available, which if I were to do APS barb again, I'd probably use instead, to get decent DPS. But really, my Sin, BM, and Archer are all APS builds, so why? I can do more DPS on my Barb using a G16 axe, plus more HP, better def, and i can use G15/16 gear instead of being limited to TT99/G15.

now, RB process may **** up the angst against hybrid builds. Having more stat points to throw at str, dex, mag, or vit on hybrid builds will make them more affordable. I don't see them becoming popular like HA veno or LA veno used to be for TW before R9 facerolled everything else. That's kind of the reality of it, R9 third cast is so 'cheap' and attainable (hah, not really), that if you wanted to do an HA Veno build, R9 would give you more Pdef, and WAY more MDef, not to mention Attack and Def levels. So really, I forsee Hybrid builds kind of going more Niche, or completely away. I used to have an HA and LA veno, but those days are long gone. Both have been deleted.
    When the 11 and 12 star orbs were removed due to
    "Client Instability"...
    Was PWE referring to the Game Client?
    Or the players?
  • Metalpuritan - Sanctuary
    Metalpuritan - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    freygin wrote: »
    I don't think a barb can be built to out-dps a sin with equal refines and both 5 aps, imo aps sin is the highest dps class in the game with its skillset.

For pve maybe aps barb is better, especially for farming, but maybe not in pvp against equal gears. Even in pve, full str barb with extreme endgame gears could have higher dps than aps barb with also endgame aps gears (cmiiw), with gof crit, higher base weapon damage than aps weapon, weapon mastery, attack level, maybe the damage could catch up with aps built.

The only other class that will be able to match it is the archer. Critical strike rate is what makes the biggest difference of them all. And just when you think you might get close to the assassin's critical strike rate, they whip out Power Dash and destroy all your dreams of competing in just 8 seconds.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    You get some fail Vit barbs, that cant tank and die.
    Vit build is not fail

You get some str barbs that cant tank and die.
    Str build is not fail.

You get some aps barbs that cant tank and die.
    Aps build is not fail.

Dont matter what your set-up is on a barbarian, anything with 15k hp or more is just fine for anything PVM. it is the individuals lack of skill, not the build itself that is the reason they failed.

http://s21.postimg.org/rmd5ok2t3/2013_01_15_00_27_52.png

Screen shot of my barb 1 year ago running Solo TM:: 69 un charmed.
    Skill of the player > Build setup

Yup, I've always said that gear is far more important than build. Its just people should really acknowledge the inherent weaknesses of the build so people know what gear to focus on first. A pure build cleric for example, should definitely make sure to keep gear refined and up-to-date. Whereas a vit build cleric can and should focus on the weapon first to make up for their smaller magic attack. They may both end up in similar gear when they are finished with it, but by endgame you'll still beat most people and it's really then a matter of how competitive you want to be in PVP, and what PVP you want to engage in. And from there, that will help you determine what's a smart amount to stop at for gear and refines.

Also, the vast majority of players are not going to be decked out in endgame gear. So pretending that rank gear and high refines makes everything else irrelevant is silly. The people with that gear are the top % of the server, everyone else needs to know information on how now to be a burden with simply average gear. And that means learning the strengths and weaknesses of your build. Give people the information they need to make the builds work. The APS barb that I knew went out of his way to make sure his gear was good enough to successfully take the hits from pulls, instead of ignoring it for more and more weapon refines. He did have a +10 weapon eventually but he didn't neglect the rest of his gear. Let's face it a lot of sins were able to get away with lesser gear because they are able to dump far more stat points into damage, which means stronger heals from their BP. They also never have to worry about it running out. As well, nobody expects them to try to tank the pulls. The same is not true for barbs. So they should invest more in gear than an APS sin would. So that can do the roles that people expect them to be able to do.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ...also, the vast majority of players are not going to be decked out in endgame gear....The people with that gear are the top % of the server,

Thank you OTL it feels like people forget that so often when talking about pretty much anything
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Behold the legendary arcane barb b:cool

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/en/pwi/content/barb.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Behold the legendary arcane barb b:cool

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/en/pwi/content/barb.jpg

Arcane Panda is best everything.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • _fizard_ - Raging Tide
    _fizard_ - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Its not that your fail may players see non r9 and think fail to be honest I have seen r9 barb fail. It about rotation of skills knowing what the mobs are magic both or phy as well as cool downs and genies. To my surprise barb in aps gear tend to do better holding agro against my r9 wizard compaired to most r9 barbs. Yet barb skills are based off the gear ( not all but some ). Higher refines and good gems will make you as an aps barb hold agro much better then a barb specked for pvp rather then a barb specked for pve. Its their lose if they leave squad to be honest just shake it off and ignore ingorence.
  • enlil
    enlil Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is something i agree with. Im not saying im going to make a HA cleric then go to fws rocking some +12 t3 axes and not even have a magic weapon.

The guys who were making the comments, well to be fair its not just them, most of the server will call me fail before seeing me do anything, and the other half of the server says thanks for the help with my boss b:laugh

As a cleric, and Barb, that runs or Ran APS and HA builds i can say for a fact that rocking axes on a cleric is not optimal. But on the other hand in the days of r9rr and s3 if you need a cleric heal then put that toon away anyway, you must have screwed something up.

HA cleric is just HA enough to rock armor, at least my build. Goes both ways HA/AA will full s2 magic weapon, all s2 armor.. why, becuase its what i build on them so far.

I like cruising on teh HA when im farming stuff like those lvl 106 archers on the cleric. Any heal over 300 magic is way more than enough to breeze to there death.

pure magic, i ditched both my pure magic builds as end game everything wants to run up and pound you into the sand. of the builds puremagic, magic/vit , HA/AA i prefer the HA/AA and now with the rebirth it an even more viable build for those that want to spelunk about where others dare not go. beside HA/AA cleric can pwn the game.

if you can not get enough heal at s2 or r8 from a cleric with 300+ magic then you need to unplug the game cause you just sck . do us a favor and go back to level 1 and actually play the character.

HA 252 STR to wear armor, the rest in magic. hp from refines and you can do silly things like me and put all pdef in HA and all mdef in AA and have ubber defense. swap gear as you go. either all AA or all HA or 2 HA(chest / legs) 2AA(arms/boots) and you will have a LA that is way better than LA. HA/AA is for those that like to solo or want to bot farm a really tricky spot.

Claw barbs, well they need no defending. So many times i have tanked and had people saying how awesome the barb was. And then had them freak when i rip out the claws and shred the boss. it really is just how you play it.

claw barb is played different than vit barb and in fact playing teh claw barb made me a way better vit barb. Claw barb with hammer in panda form is way faster at farming than any r9 sin. mine is obscene and i love it. 260 dex 364 str 164 vit and i have not even rebirthed it or finished refining . average hit on a 101 lizard about 20+k a swing.. it also never misses and runs really fast. thats with hammers just splunking around. now if i want to stand up and spark and pick up my 65% crit rate and 5.0 aps with an average hit of 50k. so it really depends on what you want to do with it. me i just have fun.

in fact all my builds are only refined to +5 0r 6 , none of this ubber stuff, except my claws. those are +10.

but i have a lot of toons and i like to try all the different builds.

but again i stress.. NO ONE with anything more than R8 needs to be whinning about getting heals. If your toon can't handle it then maybe your not playing it right cause you should not need anyone to keep you alive.. that is up to you. not the cleric, not the barb, not the seeker . Its up to YOU to keep yourself alive.

DON'T restat clerics to HA build until 100 [ make sure you can use full level 100 magic weapon. so you will need a lot of ornaments with either str or dex or magic mods to make up the difference ], or rebirth, or unless you plan on soloing the game, which is can do pretty good most bosses.

claw barbs, best to start at level 1 and learn how to be the best barb in the world. then your vit barb will be like running a tank through a hen house. gRanted you will only hit on average for 10k but that is ok.

I rebirthed my vit barb and not my claw as the vit take more effort and is slower than claw.

anyway that is a "i build the stupidest crazy builds" guys point of view.

BEST BUILD IN GAME.. HA/AA veno ftw.. but then i am biased, i like got two of them too and really AA veno is great i just got tired of pulling aggro from pet so went HA/AA and been really really happy with it. got full set of s2 AA and HA with s2 magic swords.

yes in the future i will upgrade but im in no hurry.

Pure magic anything really does not fit my play style.

My pure dex sin versus my HA sin.. my dex sin to damn squishy and could not tank pol in 69, my HA sin could. but now i run with 2 dex sins and rebuilding my HA sin as i build the first one as sage. it rocked along at 5.0 without sparks becuase of fists, but what i really want is 3.33 spark to 5.0 ha sin using daggers.. that is a demon build and after testing decided that was the way im am going with it.

anyway.. if you run with the pack .. the wolf will eventually get you. baaaaaaaaa
  • bangis2010
    bangis2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

correct if im wrong ,

Dude your R9 +11 and you comparing to what? at any full +10 G16 standard APS-Gear Sin or BM? you must be crazy...... why not it on equal gear?
  • FishyFret - Dreamweaver
    FishyFret - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm a weird mix of g15/16 LA/AA gear myself, & I can heal my squad just as damn good as I could when I was still fully tt90. f:angry

People don't look beyond the gear & see the player for their skills. If you can do your job in the squad as a hybrid then by all means please, if you cannot then maybe you should work to improve your skills or tweak the gear.

f:fan More hybrids \o/ Mold characters, personally, are boring.
    FishyFret ~ Once 102 now Rebirthanated AA/LA Demon Cleric
    Chayyliel ~ Once 101 now Rebirthanated Sage Seeker
    f:cool
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bangis2010 wrote: »
    correct if im wrong ,

Dude your R9 +11 and you comparing to what? at any full +10 G16 standard APS-Gear Sin or BM? you must be crazy...... why not it on equal gear?

Sorry if I was a little bit unclear. I compared this APS Build to the regular sin and BM Aps builds that are roaming around. I got absolutely no problem with other Full r9 ppl that are +12 weap and +10 gears with standard shards as well (in PvP) tho I have to admit that it could depend heavily on my skill. Playing this game for 5 years and practically studying it granted me some playability xDD

The only Build that can actually somewhat come close to me and out DDs me without a fuz is Sins r8r 5.0 Build with r9 dags PvE wise. It can rock in PvP too, but just if the sin got max refines and especially maxed out shards and that would me no equal gears anymore =P

You see, Barbs got the advantage in using r9 parts where there is APS on them. I got all the Set Boni cept for the 30 Attack Lvls while I'm still 5.0 sparked with claws. And 100 STR on Top really make a +12 Claw hit even way harder xD. Even if this r8r-Sin Build Out DDs me it can still not reach my Build in terms of survivability.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    r8r APS Sins don't typically out DD traditional APS Sins... in fact I suspect it would be the other way around due to random adds on r8r as I doubt most Sins who get -int on the necessary pieces would reroll again for the perfect stats adds.

Also, while the 4pc R93 APS bard does very good damage, an equally refined APS R93 sin will out DPS the APS barb unless they've made very weird choices in stats. The extra strength doesn't make up for the huge difference in base crit, wolf emblem bonuses, dagger devotion, and high accuracy that a sin has.
  • Deadly_Force - Raging Tide
    Deadly_Force - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Honestly, I have nothing against hybrid builds. That one just struck me as funny since its way more than just sparks he wouldn't have been able to use with another weapon. So I got this funny picture in my head of a psy twitching things to death smacking them with their ball b:chuckle

Sadly the orb has verry low aps you'd have to use claws.
    i am a LA Psy originally wore aps gear (sin had good gear) now t3 LA +11 DoT armors
    r9rr wep it works fairly well.
  • seperti
    seperti Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    coz they need someone to blame... b:laugh i dont mind tho.. its their char... one of pw good point for me is that we can choose wat we want to use based on stat.. some like dagger crosbow sure bound by class but not armor... it gave alot free space for build...
  • lythraos
    lythraos Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Please, name 1 thing you can do that a comparable sin or bm can't do in PvE. You can't.

Tank the Toad.b:laugh
  • domcio8
    domcio8 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The only other class that will be able to match it is the archer. Critical strike rate is what makes the biggest difference of them all. And just when you think you might get close to the assassin's critical strike rate, they whip out Power Dash and destroy all your dreams of competing in just 8 seconds.

Wrong. An APS veno. Go figure how.
  • enlil
    enlil Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I tried an APS barb, and quite honestly, it's not for me. The DPH is laughable, not to mention the DPS sucks. The HP is on the low end, even with high refined gear.

I could still do huge pulls in FCC, but it was a little scary at times.

Two factors effecting mine: I did a very low dex build that was heavy on Str and no vit. I figured that Str would offset the low HP and give more DPS. It didn't. Hitting 600 on a boss at 5.0 is kind of useless, especially when my Sin hits for 2k ....

ouch right there is where you went wrong. I agree trying to out dex a sin is pointless and a sin will grab aggro, but not always..

i have played both claw and vit barbs for years, as well of sins of different builds and im not talking r9 anything. .I figure if you can't pwn the game in r9 by yourself you should just quit now.

every hit with the barb is a crit hit. I have 260 dex, i went that high cause i got a bow, it really depends on the mods on your ornaments. I quoted my strength in some thread above.

FF was never an issue because invoke cures all. its all a matter of managing chi. To start you should have just run 3 str 2 dex all the way. you vit comes from refines and shards, i use vit stones at 50 mil a pop so its not cheap. don't skimp on the dex. Just out killing **** i will crit almost every other hit. kitty form gives crit increase too.

Right now my hammer is +7 and i still can run roughshode over any sin farming in an area because 1.) i move target to target way faster 2.) I crit the **** out of my target too like a sin. So i usually always get the drops. My favorite farmer.

you got two mods. .kitty and standing.. when you stand up and switch to fist you can pick your scale of damage.. top end for me is 65% crit, spark, 5aps , +10 claws, and whatever other modifier i use. the barbs got new damage increase skill with the expansion before last. And then you can toss in some genie damage modifiers. You can choose to spark or not and not worry. You can care less on most all AOE damage coming of a boss cause you got way more life than is needed.

Now, I do love my sins too. don't get me wrong. I can clear FF with both no problem, of course. my sin can't do a BR pull and aoe in 1 pull it would die. My claw barb does entire br in 1 pull. ALSO NOTE I DO NOT USE CLERICS FOR HEALS.

rule of thumbs.. if a sin can do then do it. if my sin can't do it, I bring in my veno. If it can't I bring the claw barb. if that can't then i bring in the good old meat wagon vit barb and cleric.

But now i have been playing with HA/AA clerics and they may kill slower, but with the rebirth and extra stats I think I will finally have 1 toon to rule them all.

sorry to ramble, but with the claw barb, just go 3 str 2 dex and you can't go wrong, all you modifiers on ornaments now a days allow for more robust builds. I don't want to out aggro a sin, i just want the bp.. sin can steal aggro from a regular barb so if sin wants the aggro he can have it.. just don't die. I got 2 lvl 100 + sins and building a 3rd or 4th, to many toons.

none of these builds are cheap. they are fun and challenging to play.. thats why i do it.

for instance a +10 aps sin can handle the boss at end of 2-3 with lvl s2, 99 mixed gear and s1 daggers, seen it done. my sin can't but have sin similar geared sin do it . its all about the weapon refine and life gained per hit. A +10 mold claw barb aps can handle the boss at end of 2-3 no problem too. A veno with a evolved herc can do it too.. and cheaper, way cheaper.. so you can guess no matter what im doing when i get to that boss.. i use the veno. Its all the matter of what you do in the game. Build and have fun. Don't get caught up.

NW i choose the VENO over every other toon and more so now that it is reborn. HA/AA lets me go toe to toe with most all classes except psy and its very cheap to earn the same amount of tokens as i would using either of my barbs. No nix, just like to run and stun and debuff you all.

So what i am saying is don't give up on any build just because of 1 instance. It may come to be of great use at another instance. I threw my VENO to the trash a few times, but eventually came back and restated to HA/AA and fell in love with it. I have now invested heavily in skills and brought the armor up to s2 all +5. I love it and if i can get a monkey king to take to NW i will be thrilled with it.

So don't think of this game as something you do today or tomorrow to win, its a hobby and these builds are hobby builds.

anyway that is the ramblings of a psycho who builds and tears up different builds. I gave up on the HA mystic, but have read in forums that others have actually done it and made it work. I did not delete it so maybe i will get back to that one day.

have fun and don't poo, its the player that scks not the build.
  • LuboBG - Morai
    LuboBG - Morai Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    everyone hates hybrid builds becouse the lack of attack power and gear.
    Like a cleric full AA build and magic is better then LA cleric and low healing becouse somesats are used on LA armor stats that effects the magic attack/healing power
  • peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm a sin and can tank the toad... It's hard... and mistakes are easy to make, but it's far from impossible. First run through in fact we had no barb and I was able to figure out how to deal with the one shot on the fly. Died once, squad wipe, boss reset and the 2nd attempt we killed it with everyone still alive. I give credit to an awesome EP though for the success of that run.
  • Abacadaba - Raging Tide
    Abacadaba - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So would I be a fail veno for going with t3 LA armor and r9 weapon. f:meh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm a Level 100 Sage Veno- I have no idea why it says I'm 89 f:sweat
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So would I be a fail veno for going with t3 LA armor and r9 weapon. f:meh

Yes.
    Then again a veno is a veno. And venos are KoS. b:avoid
    because it would get tiring to try to explain to people that no, the cleric doesn't actually heal, or no, the barb isn't going to pull tons of mobs or hold aggro on bosses, they weren't made that way.
    >Cleric
    >Not healing because they weren't made that way

People who play a cleric like this should either never join a squad. Really, never. Or get banned, permanently.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Most of the time it seems people only get cranky at hybrid/weird classes that have a designated function beyond DDing who can't fulfill their roll.

For most people it's about maximizing the output of the character class in their field (damage, heals, ability to absorb damage etc etc), and when they see a whacky build that in their mind (factual or not factual) doesn't use the class to its greatest potential, they don't see the point, and thus is a matter of criticism.

I don't really see a lot of aps barbs anymore, but when I do, I don't really care as long as they're doing what they need to do for the squad.

I used to play around with a lot of weird builds, but the barb and cleric ones are the only ones I wouldn't want to take to a squad that wasn't one with people who know me in it, because it would get tiring to try to explain to people that no, the cleric doesn't actually heal, or no, the barb isn't going to pull tons of mobs or hold aggro on bosses, they weren't made that way. And most people don't have the patience or the desire to indulge such flights of fancy when they just want to get their BH done as fast as possible.

It's kind of a shame that attitude and intention is pigeonholing players into cookie-cutter builds that make everyone look and feel the same.
  • _Grandpa - Raging Tide
    _Grandpa - Raging Tide Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It all depent on gameplay, some people will always hate others because the squad (not the hybrid dude) can't do anything. Personally I don't care. PWI is a game and it will always be a gamble if you want a random squad. Never had any problems with hybrid builds in mine. Also want to say it's not the hybrids we should 'dislike' but it's the people who just follow you in instances, doing absolutely nothing. Or how about the bots who following you around after some killing. Made it a sport now just to get them to a place where full charmraping will be done. b:laugh

Like i said, it's a game. Fun every day.
  • domcio8
    domcio8 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What I don't get is what kind of barbs have you people ran with that you complain so much about them?XD

I mean for reals...

With +5/7 on armors a r9rr 3vit 650 str fist barb has 20k HP in tiger and is more than enough to pull ANY instance and whilst standing (16k HP) still hold aggro against +10 T3 sins (Ream>Spark>Devour>stand up>APS).

Theoretically speaking it could lose aggro to a +12 Adversity sin but I have yet to see a boss that lives through a spark cycle in such squad. (And one would hope that +12 sin has something better than +1 armors)

Edit: As for other builds they are quite irresonable since barbs are the only class that share the damage multiplying stat for both their main weapon and APS gear
    (Contrary to claw archers, fist sins or any kind of APS mystic we could imagine :P)
  • Waldhard - Dreamweaver
    Waldhard - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I does not matter what the other player build, and most importantly he has mastered the class, or feel comfortable and to pay to communicate with the rest of the squad members.
    many just used to all the work to be carried out of a tank, unfortunately forgetting that success depends on all of the team members working together.