Comments

• ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    ZooozOOo - Archosaur Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    wow all hate sins XD
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Interesting thread. Welp let's have a go shall we?

Blademaster: Most are arrogant, tend to be self centered, and to me seem like copycats. The only one I ever met that that had a great play style and an awesome guy, was a sage BM I ran a full FWS with once.

[arrogantBM] Was it me? Because I have great play style and am an awesome guy! [/arroganBM]

I'll have a go...but as a PvE server I'll split the PvE from the PvP

PvE

Blademaster: Uses claws on pulls, because **** axes, doesn't wait 2-3 seconds after spark for a sins powerdash or subsea, only HFs once every 90 seconds, doesn't know that glacial spike is a thing that does stuff. Pretty much dolts that "lift things up and put them down"

Wizard: I don't PvE, I have a sin for that.

Barbarian: Calm, down to earth, willing to learn people. Typically respectful and willing to push his limits, but sometimes rushes a bit on pulls.

Venomancer: This boss has no buff, but I'm going to purge it as soon as we charge in! I'll also amp way before anyone sparks or HFs.

Archers: Pull aggro from AoE groups with STA at complete max range, causing mobs to run away from the tank and to the archer, killing him and making him complain that he didn't get a heal despite the cleric being in BB. Complain that a BM used HF over BV even though it's been 45 secodns and HF will finish the boss.

Clerics: BB? BB here? And here too? BB EVERYWHERE but DD in delta.

Assassins: What's powerdash? Subsea isn't as good as extreme poison.

Psychics: Doesn't loop Earth Vector properly with other team stuns, doesn't immobilize mobs, and has never used white voodoo.

Seekers: Lol vortex. Boss? Lol vortex. Interrupting boss? Lol vortex.

PvP

Blademaster: Most cocky people, think they are the best of their class, each and every one of them. They are extremely mediocre and/or bad at their class, can't do support at all because they focus on trying to get kills, and HF every AA and LA because they can't kill without it despite having zerks and crits.

Wizard: KILL EVERYTHING WITH FIRE!

Barbarian: Arrogant drunks you sit there and talk about how nobody can kill them and how amazing they are.

Venomancer: Not really a stereotype here, each PvP veno seems to be different...

Archer: QQ So underpoweredbutkilleverythingwithautoattackbecauseimweak

Cleric: So full of themselves. They can heal themselves so they get cocky, they don't do much support other than a few, and then get oneshot despite all that IH stacking.

Assassin: Stealth stun spark no antistun get oneshot conplain. Stealth, detection pot, get oneshot, complain.

-special for r9 sins: I'M SO AMAZING I'M THE BEST NOBODY CAN BEAT ME I BEAT EVERYONE. (Well yeah, your a sin, 1v1 is your domain dumbass)

Psychic: Humble, only talk others down, not themselves up. Typically tell the truth and try to keep the balance, killing anyone that farms undergeared people.

Seeker: Brags about oneshotting everything, but what's happening is Sacrificial slash, apoth with HF on user, QPQ, Extreme Poison, crit zerk. Complete no skill combo at r9rr+12, brags about being amazing.

Mystic: Quiet and humble. Almost like sentinels. Compliments the winner after they get beat.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    -special for r9 sins: I'M SO AMAZING I'M THE BEST NOBODY CAN BEAT ME I BEAT EVERYONE. (Well yeah, your a sin, 1v1 is your domain dumbass)

b:sadThen they call you fail if you lose.
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wizards: Can one shot almost everything on PVP and everything is ok, but when a certain class gets an update, all hell breaks loose and this certain class is OP/Broken.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    BM: I can't time HF for ****, except for this random BM with +0 calamities I randomly run into that makes squads to 3x as fast as normal

Wizzie: ___

Barb: Not sure; I'll pass

Venos: standing up at max range is best way to fight archers

Archer: Hurr hurr I go sage-->Plays exactly like a demon

Cleric: I have G16+10 and can't solo fire. barb to duo please

Psys: ___

Sins: Either really nice people that help out a lot or asshats. Despite being the farming class most seem to be full poverty mode. Dies a lot, lol I DPH with +4 APS gear. Also what is this Tidal skill of which you speak

Mystic: why can't Devil Chihyu tank

Seeker: Quid Pro Quo-Blade Affinity-Soulshatter, Heartshatter, Mindshatter-BA wears off-Channel Gemini Slash BEST PVP COMBO
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • braidey
    braidey Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Venomancer - Chicks with dicks, typically a good sense of humor

Woo hoo that's me! The only thing I am missing is the **** part lol. And I don't even actually "miss" having one of those. I divorced my **** many years ago! He didn't think I was much of a housekeeper....... I showed him, I kicked him out and "kept" the house lol.

And whoopsie, veno is my main.

****** hilarious :O and idk seekers sterio type is nice and some times when u vort and solo pv and every mob is pulled on u or u aoe in massive groups killing every one around u idk it can give u the seance of being godly till a sin pops up and takes u out in 2 secs XD b:thanksb:pleasedb:cry
    BEHOLD THE GM WEAPON THATS NOT A GM WEAPON BUT IS A GM WEAPON CAUSE I SAID IT IS!!!!!! b:shutupb:shutup ( its in the one place that one one place theater of blood) b:sadb:sad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <
    op b:dirty
  • Medens - Harshlands
    Medens - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well I must say, this topic is rather amusing. :D

Anyway, from what I've learned:

Blademasters: people that like to give orders and tell the rest what to do, either know how to use HF properly or not.

Wizards: mostly powerful individuals and masters of tactics, they love TW and often come in full package of superiority complex.

Barbarians: a lot of them can't speak english very well, but those who can like to be in charge; confidence is their trait.

Venomancers: majority of the players who choose this class are relaxed and know how to have fun, they are likable by others and aren't mainstream; usually know how to play their class.

Archers: either professionals that have strong affinity for strategy and tactics or know nothing about their class and complain about how underpowered they are; somehow like to lead, hence a lot of faction leaders are archers.

Clerics: probably the only class with vast diversity of (sub)stereotypes. Female players often indulge in fashion and while (mostly) they know what they're doing, they often get angry if you even imply what the best course of action is in the specific circumstances; either kind and helpful or touchy and in bad mood. Male players are either silent, professional and intelligent individuals with impeccable skills or the mouthy and self-centered players that have a tendency towards being DDs instead of healers.

Assassins: infamous for their behavioural issues, inclination towards APS and solo play. A lot of them are childish, stubborn and immature. They love 1vs1 duels and won't hesitate to resort to stealth.

Psychics: as mentioned before, yes, a lot of them are Germans! o.O People with a lot of self-buffs, talent, charisma and high level of awareness. Often a class, associated with people that aren't reluctant to spend lots of money for overpowering gear. Likely to be anti-social.

Seekers: favoured by FC Exp room sellers and GV squad formers, level of cockiness is proportional to their gear (even more than with other classes), very diverse class with nice future.

Mystics: rare crowd, they are inclined to laugh at clerics for their casting time-wise inferior skills, need to be reminded to rez buff not just themselves, but other squad members as well. Usually not very talkative.
  • GIory - Momaganon
    GIory - Momaganon Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sage and Demon BMs should be different classes!!!

b:thanks Sage are usually not arrogant and cocky!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Born in Dream Weaver. Raised in Raging Tides. Vacation in Archosaur. Living in Momaganon.

People that don't know me think im quiet... people that do wish I was ^.^

A lil bm spirit! A lil sage heart! (cause the only thing bttr than a demon bm is a sage one!)
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited January 2014
    Sage and Demon BMs should be different classes!!!

b:thanks Sage are usually not arrogant and cocky!

On my server the two most arrogant and cocky and, to be honest, terrible BMs are sage. But r9rr+12 on a PvE server is pretty much unmatched other than a handful, so of course they can handle themselves...I mean, duh.

I'm also sage, but I can be very arrogant at times xD
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Cawcawwww - Archosaur
    Cawcawwww - Archosaur Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thers all types from every class but my mental highlights . . .

Sin - what's ur aps? (to anyone in squad not wearing robes) prone to aggroing large groups of mobs and aps'ing them one at a time then QQ when no heals

BM - constantly spamming marrows for chi then running into groups of the wrong types of mobs

Cleric - new cleric: heals sin that runs into group of mobs and starts aps'ing, dies / old cleric: watches sin die kills mobs rez's sin and if they QQ kicks them

Seeker - you guys have been tough on seekers >.< For the most part I see them as good natured folk that go out of their way to keep squad safe with all their aoe skills. Most of the cocky tough guy ones I see are wearing dresses b:beatup

Psy - quietly tossing nukes from behind the squad, good natured when they die, usually accepting blame even when it wasn't their fault.

Wizzy - like psy but more prone to getting in trouble and somewhat more gregarious.

Archer - waits till all spark and amp and hf are on the way, then pulls boss away from everyone.

Barb - happy go lucky rather not talk unless squad is fail. Or, under geared and afraid waiting quietly behind seeker hoping no one will talk to them.

Veno - was just yesterday I did fc w a veno and asked em to amp and they replied ?, other squad member said amplify damage and they had no response, didn't leave human form once the whole run. This veno was a herc owner. I speculated that they got the herc at an early lvl and it's pretty much been just the two of them every since. But yeh most venos seem very competent and even eager to push their chars (show how badass they are). Prolly my favorite class to have in squad.

Mystic - mystics not so rare on arch server, and I gotta say that in general I feel safer with a mystic in squad than a cleric. Blah blah blah exceptions exceptions ofc but generally I think squads I've been in get better more perceptive healing from mystics >.< Once a mystic accepts the role of healer **** gets healed, and fast.
  • Evalria - Sanctuary
    Evalria - Sanctuary Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    From my personal experiences in various squads;

Blademaster: Generally helpful but very silent, people of few words and more actions. Where they lack in charisma, they have plentiful in courage and willingness to try different squad set-ups. The downside is that most tend to not speak English very well.

Wizard: Powerful and sophisticated, slightly bossy sometimes, are usually the ones to take charge when things go chaotic and tell people what to do. They are fully aware many consider them OP but, they seem to relish in the thought and miss no opportunity to show off their skills.

Barbarian: Gentle giants and a dying class for the most part. They like to be a part of something big and important, usually displaying profound care for the welfare of others. They are easy going and relaxed. They are last to leave a squad, making sure people will get a fresh buff before departing. Easy to impress them if you offer to brush their fur!

Venomancer: Self-challenging and unique individuals. You will never meet two who are the same. Play style may seem all over the place to others but they know exactly what they are doing all the time. Their greatest wish is to have a strong Magic attack, stopping at nothing to achieve their definition of perfection. They can be condescending of others of their kin however, prone to dismiss their choice of pets (particularly if they have a Hercules and you don't, for example, in some situations) and disapprove of their techniques. Though they all secretly wish they had what the "other Veno next door" has. They want to be the first to make a statement in everything.

Archer: I haven't met enough Archers in-game to have any stereotype.

Cleric: Another dying class with much potential but few ones who understand it. They usually tend to be female, displaying an unapproachable grace. Most that are new to the class have no idea what they are doing. The veterans however are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. They tend to be sarcastic and slightly flirtatious. The guys are usually the inactive ones in the Faction, who quit or took a break for a undisclosed amount of time and everybody tends to miss them to bits.

Assassin: Proud and bold individuals who are not afraid to speak their own mind. They can be the first to start an argument and they tend to lack patience, Stealthing through an entire instance up to the boss and waiting there while everyone else clears up, occasionally rushing them to move faster. They challenge everyone to duels, eager to show off their abilities. They are also so numerous that, unless they are unique individuals to make them stand out from the crowd, you tend to see them all as the same and mistake them often. On the good side, they make some of the longest lasting friends in-game you could hope to meet, standing by you even when everyone else abandons you and the world seems to be falling apart.

Psychic: Again, not enough Psychics met to have any say in what they are usually like whatsoever.

Seeker: Vortex-Complex. Always wanted, always appreciated, always admired, always envied. While they do tend to be insufferable know-it-alls, they are aware they are the center of the Vortex and so they keep their perpetual spinning, usually absorbing others among the way. Their personalities are intoxicating. Most of the time they can be anti-social and don't respond well to friend requests, ignoring attempts at conversation made by others and just going on with their own thing. Females tend to have lots, lots, lots of Fashion which they won't hesitate to share with others, liking to "beautify" even what others consider the ugliest toon. They see the good side to everyone and are genuine about their feelings. Males tend to simply not care for the cosmetics and make some of the creepiest looking faces on their toons to wear around, seemingly up to no good.

Mystics: I haven't met any. f:stare
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brett - Morai
    Brett - Morai Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Great thread, really enjoyed reading it. As a male cleric for 5 years, I'm a little of most of the things posted here. I love to heal, especially when things get frantic, but if there is another cleric in squad I like to UV and nuke stuff. debuff+mark of weakness+triple spark+ex poison+frenzy+wield thunder=bliss :D
  • Yusiong - Lost City
    Yusiong - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So interesting reading all the posts and as a BM its seems like we have a such a bad rep. b:surrender I will admit when I am in a squad of randoms I do usually tend to be more silent. I do rush into mobs but I have been that since 2008 and that part of me won't change.b:laugh
    Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

~A naked BM is a happy BM~
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited January 2014
    So interesting reading all the posts and as a BM its seems like we have a such a bad rep. b:surrender I will admit when I am in a squad of randoms I do usually tend to be more silent. I do rush into mobs but I have been that since 2008 and that part of me won't change.b:laugh

All of PWI has pretty much decided BMs are either silent AoE monsters, or they're the cockiest of all classes. Kinda true when I think about it.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    BM: Somewhat rare, tend to be useless until you need HF.

Wiz: Nobody makes new wizards anymore, the ones that are around act like "QQ I am squishy *drops a 30k nuke spark at level 60*"

Archer: Evasion is awful! Why do my shots even miss with 40,000,000 accuracy? I'm a team player, my class isn't designed for 1v1!

Cleric: 99.999% of the population are female (another .001% are tranny) Almost always the quiet little girly type.

Veno: *Immunity* *Purge* *Amplify* *Runs away laughing*. "How come you don't duel?" "Because I need a nix first".

Barb: Opposite of Clerics most of the time, including the gender demographic. The experienced and oldies are like You better do what I say and follow me to the letter or I'll skin you alive! Or they are on the other side of the scale and just simply LOVE saving their teammates from just the stupidest of things (YAY I'm useful!)b:laugh

Psy: Half and Half, girls and boys. Most of them are the definition of cannon fodder, the other few are good enough with their skills that they stay alive long enough to scare/kill the **** out of the HA.

Sin: Everyone has one of these f******, some even have 2 on the same account. "Because the other one is sage". They always get so focused on being APS that by the time they're 100 they have 4.5k hp base and die in 2 hits; 3 if they bothered to use deaden nerves.

Seek: "Lol whatarebarbs?"

Mystic: Makes the Wizard look like popculture.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Rickioo - Archosaur
    Rickioo - Archosaur Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i been playing barb for 9.5years i dont think my barb type is on here b:chuckle

i'm more of then lets do this protect everyone i can as much as i can keep all buffed and chied as much as i can.

but if someone runs off like a hero i'll rush in and try to save idc if i die trying

if there out right stupid about it and dont listen i'm like meh its your funeral
    Started Playing Early June Of 2005 Back In The Very First Beta In Perfect World History

The True Old School b:cool
  • Poulpe - Sanctuary
    Poulpe - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Blademaster/mistress?: Males of this class are fond of whiteknighting and easily irritated, females are true grrrrrrls who know how to work the thunder ponytail.

Wizard: Many of them are oddballs. Like classical composers, each one has their own little idiosyncrasy, and when they are skilled, they wield their magic with virtuoso.

Barbarians: The testosterone is strong in this one. Easiest way to find a barb for something is to say that you're looking for a big, strong man f:shy

Venos: Male venos are funny as h-e-double ski poles. I once had a male veno friend who was fond of tricking other dudes into thinking he was female and collecting the resulting cash flow. They tend to take mistakes of their squadmates well and are the first to offer advice; instead of raging they might give the individual a good-natured ribbing. Are very open-minded and will stick by you. Females on the other hand are prissy and think they should be the center of attention, especially when their significant other is around. Both male and female venos are very flirtatious with whatever gender they're into.

I've noticed different veno types have stereotypes I associate with them:
    Bats: Dudes
    Cats: PWI equivalent of mall rats. Puurrrrsnickety.
    Bunnies: Also dudes, trying to capitalize the playboy aesthetic
    Foxes: Kind, reliable, and competent
    Kirin/Deer thing: Dreamy and sweet.

Archer: Chess players and Lord of the Rings fanboys/Hunger Games fangirls. Super cute with that barrage thing they do. Archer was my first character *ever*, I have a soft spot for them even when they cause problems, which is rare.

Clerics: Leveled blessing of the purehearted because it is prettier than ironheart. Also, wtf is purify, someone killed me in NW make them stop sweetie!, and seals are always useless. Most likely to call their significant other "hubby." f:meh

Psychic: They are too busy reading your mind to talk..or switch voodoos.

Assassin: ♪I feel sneaky, oh so sneaky, I feel sneaky and cheeky and♪ *dead*
    #$&#$*@#&amp;@#!!!

Seeker: Are better at hypnosis than psys. Just keep watching the spinning vortex....b:faint

Mystics: Apparently affected by their own listless blossom. Bug?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PoetrySlam ♥ Maîtresse des lames
    Napgenius ♥ Archer
    Flocabulary ♥ Assassin
  • Evalria - Sanctuary
    Evalria - Sanctuary Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Assassin: ♪I feel sneaky, oh so sneaky, I feel sneaky and cheeky and♪ *dead*
    #$&#$*@#&amp;@#!!!
    You can't imagine how loud this made me laugh. f:laugh Think some of my co-workers will imagine I'm one of the loons more than ever now!

Your stereotype of fox Venos is nice too, I find it quite true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]