Stereotypes of each class

Longknife - Harshlands
Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
How do you typically expect a class to act.

Elephant-in-the-room example of what I mean, you typically meant a sin and expect him to be a self-centered, ego-ridden, god complex ****wit who can't do teamwork for **** and rages hard when he dies about how he's gonna get revenge on you. That one's kind of a given.

But I wanna hear stereotypes for each class. Personally? For me and my guild:

Blademaster - Typically quiet and often hella BR. Lots of foreigners playing this class on Harshlands.

Wizard - ???? (Nothing comes to mind)

Barbarian - Bat**** insane. Elements of self-centered attitude and god complex, though not as apparent. My faction on Harshlands has a theory that every barb on the server has some form of mental illness or another, save for our oldest barb, who's mental illness is being relaxed enough that he'll go make a pot of coffee while on the crystal AKA his mental illness is being ridiculously relaxed on behalf of all the barbs we WISH would cool their jets.

Venomancer - Chicks with dicks, typically a good sense of humor

Archer - Although every class has it's idiots, this class also tends to attract a lot of intelligent players who can recognize gameplay beyond basic 1v1 and living or dying elements, seeing the big picture of teamplay and strategy in ways many other players don't even realize exist (sadly).

Cleric - Stuck-up girlfriends who only play their game because their boyfriend got them into it. Regularly talk smack and then expect their boyfriends to come play tough guy bodyguard for them so they don't have to lift a finger. Might often act as though attacking a cleric is heresy and then call a small group of white knight males desperate for some e-booty to come help them. Mind you, this stereotype is fairly dated and less common, but it's definitely the kind I remember (ALWAYS targeted these b****es )

Psychic - Badass, charming, suave mofos with a sense of humor who like to make everything explode. Oh wait that's JUST ME. b:cool

Idiots with too much cash on their hands who spent their mortgage money on their characters expecting easy mode and then were frustrated to discover Psys are squishy as balls and require some thought. Regularly embarass themselves with white voodoo camping and a PVP style that seems to scream "you scare me s***less" on a class that SHOULD be focused on trying to scare the other guy s***less.
Oh and also 90% of Psys are German. Dunno why.

Assassin - OH LAWD HERE WE GO...

The 1v1 class everyone with a god complex chooses so they can continue their delusions of grandeur as best as possible. Arrogant, short-tempered, full of themselves and rarely able to recognize the benefits of teamwork in a team-based game, believing they can solo anyone or anything with the pure badassedry of the aura of awesomeness they give off. This is the class most associated with harassment, revenge-obsession and rage.

Mystic - That one class that barely exists for some reason

Seeker - The new-age assassin class. Seeker often combines the worst traits of barb, psy and sin into one. It combines the tankiness of barb so people can feel godlike as they struggle to die, the cash shop benefits and reliance of psychics so you can just spend money and immediately feel important, and the 1v1 and killing ability of sin so you can once again feed your god complex, but in an offensive manner.
I <3 AGOREY
Post edited by Longknife - Harshlands on

Comments

• Anri_Rose - Archosaur
    Anri_Rose - Archosaur Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    LMAO>
    I like how wizzies dont even register a stereotype.

So rare we dont even count anymore
    Where have all the mages gone. Long time casting.
    Who altered my siggy im
    kinda scared b:shocked
  • Tindie - Harshlands
    Tindie - Harshlands Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    LMAO>
    I like how wizzies dont even register a stereotype.

So rare we dont even count anymore

Sadly that is becuase Wizzie's on Harshlands are a dieing breed .. we have some wizards dont get me wrong. but for the most part wizards arnt a sever fav for some reason.

Wizard's are almost as mythical as GM's almost.. except Wizard's usaly anounce them selves by blowing up half your team and dropping a sadness card. where as GM.s..well they dont even anounce themselves.
  • Sylki - Harshlands
    Sylki - Harshlands Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I take offense to that stereotype about clerics!! I die w/ pride tyvm!! f:angry ...and I get killed a lot by random pkers and in tws too. f:hush if I even bother to say something to the pker its usually..."ok, kill me some more...see if I even care." Then I go bck to doing what I was doing. I'm not even one of those clerics that asks for backup...so don't expect all of infamous to show up and have a pk party simply b/c u pk me f:hehe
  • Bunnybites - Harshlands
    Bunnybites - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Venomancer - Chicks with dicks, typically a good sense of humor

Woo hoo that's me! The only thing I am missing is the **** part lol. And I don't even actually "miss" having one of those. I divorced my **** many years ago! He didn't think I was much of a housekeeper....... I showed him, I kicked him out and "kept" the house lol.

And whoopsie, veno is my main.
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited January 2014
    You should like morai psychics. Here psychics don't even know what white voodoo is b:laugh
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think you nailed it but I'll just add...

Mystics - those that for some reason refuse to listen to what the squad is telling me, seems eo either not understand or ignore

It may not apply as much anymore but a lot of Mystics I run with in the past just kept doing their own thing even after I'd ask "hey can you heal?" (no cleric or cleric afkr or w/e) or "hey could you give my res buff?" and...nothing would happen.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Blademaster: Laid back people, hate venos.

Wizard: Alcoholics, mix their MP pots and charms with a lot of vodka.

Barbarian: Conan.

Venomancer: Trannies that dislike seeing other people having buffs, will surround you with a poof of purple cloud to make sure you don't have them anymore.

Cleric: The "don't tell me how to play my class" class. Don't like to be told what to do, when to do it and how to do it. Much like everyone else, although this might save a squad or let it die.

Archer: "We are not OP" people.

Psychic: People who want to watch the world burn, with water and earth. People choose this class to make sure melees dont have any fun, sealing and ****.

Assassin: Egocentric know-it-all that will still use APS even on bosses with the anti-aps buff, barely listens to the squad, does whatever it wants.

Mystic: Foreign people who stole landscaping jobs, are delusional to the point that they think they can heal just as well as a cleric.

Seekers: YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND BABY RIGHT ROUND.

Ofcourse, non of it applies to everyone who play the classes described, since not everyone is a rotten apple.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • XDeliciousx - Morai
    XDeliciousx - Morai Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    LOL I laughed hard reading that post Longknife! Good job! b:laugh

Lets give it a try:

Blademasters: Typical rambo class that always rushes ahead without thinking about their squad. As long as they have BP they are pretty much solo players.

Wizzard: Hm most of wizzards I know are just... weird... In a way...

Barbarian: If they have OP build they pretty much dont care for anyone except them self, if they dont have OP build they are nice and friendly and fluffy until they get OP gear >_<

Venomancer: I personally LOVE venos for their attitude but I hate to see them running towards me in PVP b:shocked

Cleric: Typical "female" class, proud with girly attitude.

Archer: They used to be tab-attack class but lately more of them are going sage and learning how to play their class (which is not good for clerics like me xD)

Psychic: Class which I really respect. They either know how to play so damn well and are unable to kill, or a one shots that raise my K/D ratio.

Assassin: Pretty much all QQers that I know are assassins... Pretty interesting

Mystic: Most annoying class in instances if they dont know how to play. Too much seals etc which drive ppl insane xD. I usually avoid them.

Seeker: OP class. They are usually ppl with big ego that spend a lot of cash on their chars to be able to roll everyone.

But thanks God.. Not all people are the same, and exceptions make the rule b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Deliylah ~ director of Revision (revision.shivtr.com)
    sage R9 cleric, lvl 105-104-103

YouTube: youtube.com/user/DeviIiciousAngel
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Recently had this conversation in guild chat lol.

Blademasters : Arrogant as f-ck, always running ahead and taking the lead.

Wizards : Will argue about anything and everything for no god damn reason.

Barbs : Stupid. All of them are mentally handicapped somehow.

Venomancers : The males are obnoxious trolls. The females are stuck up prissy bishez
    (except my wife who hopefully doesn't find this post >3> )

Archers : Can't speak proper English. Complain too much.

Clerics : Primarily played by women who have no idea what they're doing and misrepresent the class making it appear underpowered.

Sins : Napoleon Complex/Small Dog Syndrome/Tiny-d!ck-itis

Psychics : Strong Silent Type
    (Longknife talks enough to make up for every one of them, and probably should have rolled wiz)

Seekers : Logic does not apply to them.

Mystics : who? o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wizards : Will argue about anything and everything for no god damn reason.

omg no we dont! b:chuckle
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • Jelloid - Sanctuary
    Jelloid - Sanctuary Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think you nailed it but I'll just add...

Mystics - those that for some reason refuse to listen to what the squad is telling me, seems eo either not understand or ignore

It may not apply as much anymore but a lot of Mystics I run with in the past just kept doing their own thing even after I'd ask "hey can you heal?" (no cleric or cleric afkr or w/e) or "hey could you give my res buff?" and...nothing would happen.

Des talkin smack about her cub Q_Q b:cry

Blademasters: Sacrificial lambs; there are two groups - those who can time HF and those who can't

Wizards: Ulti bombers, like big numbers

Barbs: Think they are unkillable

Venos: Guys who can pull off the impression that they are a girl IRL (or are girls IRL)

Cleric: Mainly girls who play support role, or guys who play metal mage 24/7

Archer: Tab quickshot /class

Psychic: Either a 1 shot or annoying sealing toon DX

Assassin: Split between lolAPS and sage skill spammers

Mystic: Likes to cast invigorate/verdant blessing immediately after another mystic in squad (does this only happen to me? >.>)

Seeker: Well geared ones are more unkillable than barbs. Otherwise dead in couple of shots
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Des talkin smack about her cub Q_Q b:cry

You're not my cub. I'm the evil-step mother that you disrespected. Go back to the corner!
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Ilyania - Lost City
    Ilyania - Lost City Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Venomancers : The males are obnoxious trolls. The females are stuck up prissy bishez
    (except my wife who hopefully doesn't find this post >3> )

Yeah, you better put that...

Blademasters: Love their tornadoes and stuns. Love to show off their e-peens and get into word wars. My hubby is my favorite one though <3

Wizards: Painful. Predictable. Personality wise, a lot of them seem like average Joes or Plain Janes.

Barbs: Pretty decoration to mount on a wall or put in front of a fireplace. A lot are hard to understand, but the ones that are understandable are pretty coo'.

Venomancers: My fellow sisters <3 (...and brothers?...) Purge loving, amp giving, debuff throwing queens. But for some reason, we love to target each other...Let the bugs fly!!

Archers: Thunder thieves. Stealing my purges before I can cancel Q~Q They are also painful and hurt me very much. OP as hell

Clerics: Buff hoes. And heals. I like dem.

Sins: ....*** sins. They are almost always a-holes. I despise 95% of them. Attitude problems, 'I am god' train of thought. APS ones are yummy though, but the r9.3 ones hurt bad. Also, Knife Throw is hacks.

Psychics: More hacks. They are so hard to kill (unless r9.3). I try to avoid them.

Seekers: Weeeeeeeeee~ My personal second favorite class. The people who play them are really awesome too, and can be either really tanky, or really squish.

Mystics: Love child of a venomancer and cleric. They are rare to find on the LC server, but are pretty to look at.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kniraven is so f-cking sexy
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Barbs: Run around, clawing everything. Don't say a word.

Sins: Runaround, stabbing everything. Don't say a word.

BMs: Run around, punching everything. Don't say a word.

Archers: Run around, pewing everything. Don't say a word.

Autoculty... b:laugh
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Jelloid - Sanctuary
    Jelloid - Sanctuary Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You're not my cub. I'm the evil-step mother that you disrespected. Go back to the corner!

I'm telling Mommabear! b:cryb:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Blademaster: My fists still rulz! no matter what! I'll kamikaze if i don't get it my way, so i can have a reason to QQ about the teamplay and old times.

Wizard: U don't know who your dealing with punk! I have Spark!

Barbarian: If i know how to dd i don't know how to tank, if i know how to tank i don't know what to tank, and if i'm told what to tank i'll just go there and act pretty. Teamplay: all rally arround me!

Venomancer: I got purge! I can beat anyone, till someone actually targets me and i run like a psycho till my ig gets out of cd.

Cleric: IH Ftw! Teammates: hey you, cleric!, times have changed. Cleric: Doesn't matter IH Rulz! Usually less visible in pvp for their performance but quite visible for their loud mouth (less enjoyable in pvp for the endless self heal till someone else kills the target).

Archer: Tab Tab Tab Tab I can solo anything. Look at my shiny gear and admire.

Psychic: You just hit me and u'll never hear the end of it.

Assassin: APS, APS+IG,APS+IG+Force Stealth, ego maniacs that don't see the top of their nose.

Mystic: Surrounded by fog, u'll never know what hit u. Unknown even if OP.

Seekers: YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND BABY RIGHT ROUND.

general powercreep fanatic that doesn't know the word "kite" even if his life depended on it.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Somewhat dated, yet COMPLETELY relevant:
    Barbarian: i'm really big. i gots lots of red bar numbers. i tank stuff cuz im big.. how do i go full vit?

Blademaster: I can't decide on a weapon!!!111 I'm thinking sword in my right hand, fist in the other, axes attached to each foot and my spear you know where! lolstuns

Venomancer: 5%: WHY CANT I PVP I NEED A PHOENIX
    95%: LOL PVP IS EASY. I USE NO WEAPON AND GO FULL VIT.

Cleric: bunnies, rainbows, i save lifes. WHY DOES NO ONE THANK ME?

Wizard: light armor is gud/ robe is gud.. etc. big e-peen damage. how u like me now im 9x server?
    haizdoesatriplesparkbladetempest.jpg

Archer: devoted is a ****** and brainwashes everyone to go demon. lol math everywhere.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I can only say how I play specific classes:

Cleric - When I play a Cleric, I do my best to expect the unexpected. I quickly look at each person's gear to anticipate who might be in trouble if hit, I establish the Tanker and the co-tanker, in case they DC. And I watch out for the unexperienced - and keep a close eye out for any potential trouble that could possibly squad wipe us.

I am always at the ready, with rez stones, extra potions, and my skills are kept maxed with my gear always repaired and the best I can provide for. I also ensure I my charms are fine and not too close to a mid-burn (then I bring an extra with me).

I always call out if I am experiencing any lag.

Venomancer - I am a female irl and as a Venomancer I do my best to control squad wipe, even if this means taking aggro onto myself as I yell for others to leave the local map so if I do die, they won't get aggro and boss will reset.

I monitor the safety of the Cleric, and send my pet to defend or pull mobs off of them and I always - have my pets feed, leveled to my level and carry extra pots for clerics or wiz.

You hear me call out continually "Anyone need chi?". I keep specific pets for luring and always tell my group when I am pulling back a mob - so they don't misunderstand when I move forward to use Pet Tame or other luring methods.

I am substantially good at a Venomancer due to my years in game, and know the vunerabilities of most classes - to watch for them in instances and be ready to pull aggro off them when they get into trouble.

Always ready to tank if the Tanker DC's, know how to play as a fox or human and always appreciate the Cleric and other DD'ers in the group and respect the squad leader. I only bramble upon request.

As Assassin - I protect the healer at all costs, I know my job as a DD'er and ensure I keep those that ask - BP'ed and do not BP over the other Sins, unless requested.

I'm confident, agressive but not to where I endanger the entire group. I know the mobs, my limitations and will always sacrifice myself to save the squad from a wipe.

As far as the other classes -

Seekers - I see most seekers as confident, but most often they do tend to push past their limitations and seem to want to try to keep up with BM's. Most are very helpful.

BladeMasters - Most BM's have an aggressive nature, always with the stuns at ready, and push themselves past known limitations. They always seem to work well with Venos requesting chi as they move through the instance.

Barbs - The core class, who are underappreciated and take great skill to keep a hard instance together. They often work close with the BM and the Veno to control and take down a boss. They always appreciate a knowledgable Cleric.

Clerics - Have no idea how much we depend upon them to know what they are doing, and have perfect timing. We really do need them to be the best they can be.

Archers - A class that knows how poweful they are, yet is also underappreciated. Stategistics that must take care to not bite off more than they can chew.

Sins - Most often, they are the ones that are on sucide missions to kill something past their abilities but manage to pull out all the stops and kill the boss against the odds. Usually arrogant at their abilities but with a right to be so - if they are really that good.

Mystics - Most Mystics I meet are calm, laid back and very good with handling their spirits - both summoned ones and smaller aoe ones. A really good class but I think also underappreciated.

Venomancer - A Venomancer, depending upon skill can make moving through an instance more tedious then it needs to be - or smooth. Master of patience and knows how to methodicially move through - pulling and killing the right mobs, at the right time.

Wizards and Psychics - Underappreciated masters of magic. Most I have known are quiet but have no problem summoning every skill they have to quickly wreck you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    *enter lulzspeak mode*

Barb: Hai I r tank, must has aggro, gimme aggro, heal me cleric I tank and I r fluffeh b:cute

Veno: Look at those shiny buffs, MOINE muhahahah hehehehe run away

Assassin: I stealth I pro I sneaky qq why you stealth pot must tripol spark!! insta death qq

Psy: Silence! I kill you! ohnoes will surge must psy will rawr I untouchable now come @ me bro

Archer: whay no one want my buff, here look you run faster now, wts archer buff, no one, anyone b:sad pro evasion is pro?

Cleric: Listen to me or you wont get heals, do as I say or you wont get res, OHMAGAWD an archer is hitting me kill itttt naooo b:shocked spam heal purify proc facefirst into a tree

BM: look at my shiny fists, i shake them like pom poms, all the ladies like me coz i are stunning hehehe qq dem casters and dem archer leaps

Wiz: i spank all big numbers teehee undine spark one shot all you nabs look at dat smexy pdef wait no qq purge nuuu my smexy pdef res pls wizzeh down b:surrender

Seeker: I <3 vortex, qq why my wep no zerk come on zerk dammit b:cry

Mystic: insta heal throw green bogeys insta heal throw more green bogeys i r pro i spam heal you no hurt me muhaha

:D
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Blademaster: Typically BRs or just silent in general, tend to HF at the worst possible time and stun when they shouldnt stun

Wizard: OMGWTFeverythingdied. They're usually quite moronic.

Barbarian: We all be mental one way or another!

Venomancer: GIRLs who try to act like chicks with attitude

Cleric: WE R PRETTY N U CAN NO TELL WAT WE DO. WE BEST HEALS. WE BEST METAL DD. BB FTW!

Archer: usually pretty smart guys OR then theyre complete morons

Assassin: triple spark aps ehua br me god me best dd me pro 1vs1 me kill u

Psychic: They're usually pretty laid back, a bit "mysterious" people. Most of them forget white voodoo exists.

Seeker: I R TANK, I HAZ VORTEX

Mystic: They seem to completely miss everything you try to tell them
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    BMs: Sees a group of mobs, then run at them, triple sparks and APS them down, one by one, because who needs Axes for aoes?

Sins: Spark -> auto attack. "I'm so pro at this."

Clerics: "Forming BH squad, need OP DDers, link ur weap plox"

Seekers: Sees a single boss, then sets up vortex because that's what pro seekers aways do.

Archers: I was made to provide support from afar, but the game let me equip fists, so **** that.

Barbs: I have a superiority complex, so nobody should have aggro but me! So that's why I wear claws to pathetically try to steal aggro from sins and fail at it.
  • MontRei - Dreamweaver
    MontRei - Dreamweaver Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Blademaster: Probably the most abundant class along with sins for what I see. Run ahead with speed skill, stun everything and if they get killed it's the healer's fault for not keeping up or getting there too late. Only clerics know how much exp they lost cause they had to release, go back and revive the whole party, due to a suicide Blademaster lol

Wizards: Not sure if laid back or non-existant

Barbarians: One of my greatest friends on this game is a barb and he's very different from the rest (taking to you Napa) but is it only me or barbs have an inferiority complex? I always see some running ahead on their 'I'm immortal and invincible, **** seekers' way, and disregarding completely the safety of the party.

Venos: IRONGUARD PURGE OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

Archers: Most of them pretty clever, like Longknife said, most of them know how to play their class and what to do properly in every case scenario. Legend has it that every hit of an archer is a critical hit.

"We are not OP"

Clerics: Powerful class but underused these days, most I see are chroma-spammers and BB lovers, or metal mages. Very few articulate clerics out there. The "Don't tell me how to play my class" folks.

Psychics: Whenever I think I outran an opponent in Nation Wars a huge yellow punch stuns me b:surrender More wizards than wizards, too bad that to be an actual wizard you gotta set things on fire b:avoid One of the favorite classes of the players with too much time and money in hands.

Assassins: O ****, how do I put this

Default action: Triple Spark on stealth, tele stun, auto attack. OMG U A NOOB HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEBRBRBR

Usually people with god complex, this may be dated now but at least this was the class that attracted idiots the most. BP ftw, they tend to think they can do almost anything just with that.

"Assassins are not an easy class to play"

Seekers: Probably the class that attracts the most idiots nowadays, just like all the hardcore players had a 5APS sin to solo FC and sell, now all of them have a G16 seeker to go to NW/PvP in general. Sadly most of the seekers I see have a god complex as well and think they're the best invention since peanut butter. b:shutup

Mystics: Most of the mystics I see don't know how to play their class properly (Is it that hard? b:surrender ), and some think they do even though they don't, cause they think it's ok to ress buff only the cleric, not heal when the cleric is in trouble, use devil to try and stun bosses (lol) or use Creeper when there's a barb spamming Devour and a sin spamming Ribstrike. I see a lot of mystics that go r9 and then get what I call the "Wizard syndrome", when they do nothing but DD, they stop helping the squad, stop healing sometimes even themselves, letting the charm do the job, and refuse to use pets on situations where one would come in very handy.

Sorry if I sound arrogant about any of the classes b:surrender the only class that I actually know what I'm talking about is mystics :P
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    haha loled at authors remarks agree like 95% :D few years ago i used to complain about barbs alot until i made my own so no more problems :) sins arrogant 1man army venos with dicks physics with no skill at all (except like 2%) 100% agree bms alot of indians play on our server and are quiet :> seekers are the worst some individuals some are ok :) mystics overestimate themselves often in pvp all u need is nullify poison :) wizards have alot of smart ones who know the game actually :) archers are prolly most universal class and have to know alot to survive agree on that regardless of me being archher :P altho they used to have a title of 'worst faction leaders possible' idk why after a number of them doing some crazy stuff but it was years ago in sanctuary :) current faction leader is an archer and is sweet b:laugh
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I must agree.

And that includes mostly myself and my BM friend. I still cant understand how a silent drawnback guy like him can put up with one like me and my illusions of grandeur b:pleased (while we both hate the even more arrogant sins)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Seekers - I see most seekers as confident, but most often they do tend to push past their limitations and seem to want to try to keep up with BM's. Most are very helpful.

Lul fail BMsb:laugh
  • TemptingFire - Dreamweaver
    TemptingFire - Dreamweaver Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Someone may have already said something about this but i'm going to throw it out there incase someone hasn't.

Mystic: can give everyone rez buff (below level 100, you get Mass Resurrection at level 100 which gives whole party rez) right away.

I have so many people that see i just casted rez on someone else (the skills has a 30 second cool down) and ask me to rez buff them. It has a cool down time just like every other skill, wait your turn, i'll get to you. It really annoys me when people say "rez buff please" and then someone else says "yes rez buff me too please". I rez buff everyone out of habit, if you run into a mystic that doesn't rez buff cleric in party or not, then they're slacking. But don't assume every mystic is lazy and doesn't do their job.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Archer - Boom chakalaka head shot! Take that! and that! andthatandthatandthatand wait, why is the boss chasing me now?

Assassin - I haz stealth! I haz bloodpaint! See you guys at the boss! Hope you get there before I kill it.

Barbarian - Which way is the boss? Which way is the boss? I'm a tigger! No, wait, I'm a roly poly panda!

Blademaster - I haz AOE! I haz stuns! But I haz fists, who needs AOE anyway? LEROY JENKINS!

Cleric - I'll just stand here with my arm raised while you guys kill that mean ol' boss.

Mystic - I haz plants and I iz not afraid to blow dem up.

Psychic - White voodoo? Never heard of it.

Seeker - I'ma just kill all those magic mobs from range.

Wizard - Seekers think they're all cool with their spinning skill. Well, watch this! Blue eyes white dragon! Er, I mean Black Ice Dragon Strike!

Venomancer - Foxform skills are all useless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited January 2014
    BM: ~75% chance to be fail or noob.(Timing HF ish effin hard. And APS-fisting does far more damage than AoEing when mass of mobs around...)
    Wizzie: ~15% chance to be fail or noob.(Nuking before anyone could get aggro and dying to having too bad gears to survive from that aggro...)
    Barb: ~80% chance to be fail or noob.(Pulling ish so hard. FR ish the only skill tiggies have. What's a Devour and a Frighten? And OMG throwing FR once every 15 secs isn't enough to keep aggro, but sage tiggie no haz chi for using it moar. And we barbs are so underpowered now so let's go one mob at a time, lure runners please!!!)
    Veno: ~30% chance to be fail or noob.(Sage veno using Ironwood with Devouring barb in squad, all CS-pet no skills-venos, "no need for any decent armor 'cause CS-pet" etc...)
    Cleric: ~55% chance to be fail or noob.(BB everywhere, CHB at single-targeting bosses, What's a purify? Don't try to tell this nugget what to do, this nugget so effin uber-metal mage-pro(while not in Violet Dance if DDing only), nugget haz no armors nugget effin squishy morai weapon for healing ftw!)
    Archer: ~30% chance to be fail or noob.(pewpew everywhere, BoA right away before barb has aggro "QQ fail barb y u no keep aggro? QQ QQ QQ")
    Psychic: ~10% chance to be fail or noob.(Fishie attacks too quickly, but well, psy's are bit glasscannons after all, at least did much damage before dying...)
    Assassin: ~95% chance to be fail or noob(APS APS APS herpderp What's a self-buff? No skills learned cuz R9rr+12 dags ftw! What's a CotD? Oh that skill, don't need it so never learnt, skills are waste of time anyway, Rib Strike ish less useful than APS APS APS herpderp..."
    Mystic: ~60% chance to be fail or noob.(Seriously, what's so hard about multitasking a bit, Kitty wonders?)
    Seeker: ~90% chance to be fail or noob.(What's a stance? *activates Soulsever Minuet-stance when told to and starts spinning before triggering it or throwing proper shatters* Oh yay melee squad, this pro seeker uses Shatters to boost your damage *throws Soulshatter but no Heartshatter* Look this ish how to be pro debuffer. And this HP...but can't pull, we truly need a barb!!! OMG Y NO ZERK!?!?!?!?)

Kitty tried to estimate rough percentages about how many of ppl she has squaded with have been fails or noobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Clerics: IH?? Wellspring?? What's that??? BB all the wayyyy babyyy!!!!!

Archers: F1, F1, F1, F1, F1..... etc....

Wizards: ...?

Blademasters: QQ want moar stun skills that never miss, that cannot be avoid with anti-stun pots or genie.

Assassins: I'M THE KING OF THE WORLD. *die*

Psychics: Gotta catch 'em all! POKEMON!!!

Venomancers: We are not just purge bot, we can do so muchhhhh moarrrrr!!!

Barbarians: *RAGEEEEEEE*

Seekers: *Vortex*

Mystics: I'm not a cleric, I'm not a venomancer, I'm not a wizz, what am I? I'm everything all at once.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    VenomancersTend to be really nice people with great sense of humor. A decent mix of girls and G.I.R.L.S play this class. Usually fashionable.

Barbarians: Usually either really quiet, really freaking weird, or really whiny

Wizards: Usually the most laid back class, bar none. They often don't speak unless spoken too but can be really chill. Just don't talk to them about class balance or what's OP or not unless you want to have a long winded conversation with someone who thinks everything should work in their favor. The couple of times I have gotten help from something extra after a BH, if there was a wizzy in the squad they always came to help. Usually without saying a word. Seriously patient players.

Blademaster: Usually either super competent or really bad, although I think I notice this more just because it's way easier to tell when a blademaster screws up. They are pretty loud and obnoxious and lot of the biggest whiners about the game in general come from the BM class. It's small wonder to me that a lot of the most negative posters in forums are also bms.

Archers: Usually really smart but can be a bit arrogant. Good archers don't autoattack because they are lazy like sins, they do it because they understand the game mechanics and how best to serve their squad. I rarely have problems caused by archers.

Clerics: This class seems to be full of the nicest but most fragile people in the game and I'm not just talking about how most of them are squishy. Criticism is often met with "don't tell me how to play my class," and so you gotta approach them carefully. When you aren't criticizing something they are doing though, it's the class most likely to go out of their way to help you.

Assassins: Very on the two personality extremes. Some of the most generous players I have ever met were assassins. IF the faction has a bank full of farmed mats, tends to be the assassins who donated them. They often powerlevel friends and factionmates for free. And are willing to help with pretty much any boss. A competent and kind assassin is one of the best friends in-game you can meet. It also tends to draw the biggest loudmouths, fails, self important jackasses out there.

Psychics: Fall into two main categories, the quiet types who just get stuff done and leave. And the oddballs.

Seekers: Quiet, usually pretty terrible at their class. Most of them don't know how to proc stances or properly debuff which is half their skills. They just don't get called on it often because even though they don't, vortex is enough to carry them through most situations.

Mystics: These guys brag an awful lot about how they are "better" than clerics but then refuse to heal. They brag an awful lot in general but almost none of them back it up. The number of good mystics out there is very small

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!