Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Comments

• sorinheal
    sorinheal Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hello Perfect World citizens!

We've finalized our compensation efforts for the past month of various issues that have affected many of you this holiday season.

-Redeem the following code to any character on any server for a collection of goodies including bound dragon orbs! The code is redeemable once per account.

6JMMAAB

Code ends on Sunday, November 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

We thank all of you who have stayed with us during these turbulent times, and please continue being awesome!

-PW Team

UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

i dont mind if PWI gets rolled back, but because of what you have done we might lose alot of people who are willing to play the game because you decided to post this code, everyone who did really important culti quests or anything like that might get mad and leave the game because of you. dont get me wrong PWI is in the wrong aswell, but you are the one who posted the code and because of this, you just might get banned. frankly i only redeemed it twice and the second time was a mistake because it said error please try again. I was not foolish enough to do it 10-20 times just to get anything and everything i wanted, people need to grow up. this game is here for you to have fun, not to get mad over the mistakes everyone makes.
  • sunzee
    sunzee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    metalmana wrote: »
    some Players Found A Way To Get Like 100 Dragon Ocean Orb Fast And Free!!!!!!!!!!!! While Some Players Got Only 3... The Games Lost His Balance And Will Die If There Is No Rollback

BUAHAHAHA only 3?

Some don't have even 1 you greedy ....
  • LodeJunior - Archosaur
    LodeJunior - Archosaur Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Punish the people who abused it. Not the people who lagged out and got lucky. Rollback's the dumbest idea for this.

How do you tell the difference?
  • Flash_man - Lost City
    Flash_man - Lost City Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    its ok, pw lost money from this because little to none will buy 10* orbs/charms when on sale and they won't do nothing like the other exploited glitches b:laugh
  • vitoryxxxx
    vitoryxxxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    More people AGREE with rollback. Do it. End of story.
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    Thrieya - Lost City Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited November 2013

You can't. And a roll back is still a **** idea. They should just hand out another code, but even then people would probably still QQ about not getting as much free stuff as they want.
  • bonersez
    bonersez Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Disclaimer: I only received 3 orbs as intended.

I suspect all the complainers in this thread did also.

Anyone who took advantage of the glitch isn't likely to complain.

Anyone who could have received more, would have. Don't preach principles to me either. I've seen nothing but greed here.

BUT: The fact that PWI is aware of the glitch and has done nothing is distressing. It underlines the fact that the game has serious problems. However, it is ultimately a business, and I suspect PWI will eventually make a decision that supports their business model.

And like any business, consumers can influence performance by shrewd decisions. After all, we have the money. Until you spend it.

Best of luck and see you in-game... perhaps.
  • MacTM - Raging Tide
    MacTM - Raging Tide Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    they could give the new helmet and robe for those who used the code only once.
    I accept to continue playing
    what about for thos who didnt got any ...b:surrender
    roll back
  • Glandire - Harshlands
    Glandire - Harshlands Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    People don't all read the forum, but by now everyone in game did heard about rollback, so if they don't come check the forum it mean they don't care other than that they would at least come check that thread.

Fair enough that now they are aware about issue. But if poll is not official people may not care enough to bother to come here as you said. Why would they if nothing official is going on. Not to mention all "We have rollback - now it's official" trollings on world chat. After checking few times to find out that's not true people may have enough lol. People can as well just check first post for gm responses to avoid reading 100+ pages of pure rage, stay informed and miss all the voting. All I am saying is if they want to rely on poll they need to make official one or at least inform about it in game. That would be only fair.
  • xcrosheart
    xcrosheart Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    guess if PWI want to do Roll back ..PWI must do it now..time cannot be stopped and as the time passed it will be more worse to do rollback ~_~ ..cmon PWI make a choice already QQb:cry
  • matthieudoncacci
    matthieudoncacci Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    read again... GREP OUT USERS WHOS USED CODE MULTIPLE TIMES!
    anyway i sent a ticket with message where i explained how to solve this problem, they probably not read itb:pleased

anyway which +10 orb is used, already can get from serverlog. just inform you all.. everything is logged in a pwserver except one thing, but i wont write right here

Sorry if i made a mistake with my bad english.
    I just wanted to say that you proposed is a great solution. I approve it a lot. More over, there are people who should be banned if the grep + count people (sort -n | uniq -c | grep) is more than 10-25 times (it should not have done a multi unintentionally process of the server but it should have done on purpose)
    OmbreChild - sage sin - Morai - 105-105-103
    mypers.pw/5/#276700
    OlyChryst - sage cleric - Morai - 101
    OgreCador - demon barb - Morai - 100
  • astaroth6113
    astaroth6113 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The only thing i see here is ppl complaining cos they werent fast enough to get his orbs and telling to gms to defend them... but i really wanna know (from someone i can trust, like and gm or administrator) whats going to happen now... i mean ok we know u are making investigations... but obviously there was a abuse situation... so whats gonna happen?... rollback, permabanned, or what?
    Pls aswer me asap.
    Thank you very much.
  • Kargoror - Lost City
    Kargoror - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    vitoryxxxx wrote: »
    More people AGREE with rollback. Do it. End of story.

And that is why the people don't run the government, because 9 time out of 10 the people are wrong.
    It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.
  • AiIeana - Raging Tide
    AiIeana - Raging Tide Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think the pwi staff gets up in about 2 hours and hopefully then we hear more about it.
    Malice Marshal and proud of it b:victory
  • Wendigo - Momaganon
    Wendigo - Momaganon Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You have no way in code of differentiating between people who spam clicked the button, and people who just clicked it once (or maybe twice because it wasn't loading) and had multiple requests sent to the server.

lmao... ppl who clicked it once, or reloaded the page shows in log like this (NOT EXACTLY):
    servername serverhost localhost time date delivery TASKS ID SUCCESS TYPE: 1 PLAYER ID
    from this part, tasks id shows the quest (coz orbs must be delivered by quest like blessing), then player id shows who have AND done this quest
    then which some filter (best way in excell) can discover who had this quest more then two times, then our ultra-mega-super-smart roots can write a script to ban em.
    easyb:cute

ffs rollback not works like "i wanna make 10 minute rollback"... its a bit complicated ^^ (without proper backup procedure [see archosaur rollback] )
  • ShaiFatali - Lost City
    ShaiFatali - Lost City Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'd be a LOT more angry if the d. orbs worked on g16 gear, because then I could have actually used them. But they really should do a roll back, and the sooner the better, this is ridiculous.
    A prima luce usque ad lucem

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vive, pugnare aut mori.
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    Thrieya - Lost City Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    bonersez wrote: »
    Anyone who could have received more, would have. Don't preach principles to me either. I've seen nothing but greed here.

This. Just this. No one with an ounce of logic or common sense in their brains would be asking for a roll back. Even after the whole mess on Arch, seeing how badly it messed up the entire server, you idiots STILL want a roll back? And for what? Just because some other guy has +10 and you don't? Quit QQing about imbalance and just admit you're jealous you couldn't get it too. If you'd been in that other guy's place, you'd have snatched as many packs as you could, and you wouldn't be here right now.
  • LuboBG - Morai
    LuboBG - Morai Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hello Perfect World citizens!

We've finalized our compensation efforts for the past month of various issues that have affected many of you this holiday season.

-Redeem the following code to any character on any server for a collection of goodies including bound dragon orbs! The code is redeemable once per account.

6JMMAAB

Code ends on Sunday, November 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

We thank all of you who have stayed with us during these turbulent times, and please continue being awesome!

-PW Team

UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

They dabled the code while they investigate the code abuse,really doubd they gona roll back and they sould add new code or make old live again
  • vitoryxxxx
    vitoryxxxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You can't. And a roll back is still a **** idea. They should just hand out another code, but even then people would probably still QQ about not getting as much free stuff as they want.

Yeah sure, more codes as if it's not bad enough now.
  • MrJohnDoe - Dreamweaver
    MrJohnDoe - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yep rollback seems the smartest option since they will lose millions and millions with this glitch that is not like dreamchaser that some made millions, now its them losing millions, I just think if they going to rollback it should be asap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    And that is why the people don't run the government, because 9 time out of 10 the people are wrong.

LOL this is just too funny. I cant say much to it cuz i agree but disagree at the same time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kikiwikilili
    kikiwikilili Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Rollback now, not wait after nw!!
  • CROVV - Raging Tide
    CROVV - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'd be a LOT more angry if the d. orbs worked on g16 gear, because then I could have actually used them. But they really should do a roll back, and the sooner the better, this is ridiculous.

They did work on bound G16 gear - that's part of the problem.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Set a treshold.

And just lol at the idea of rollbacks. Imagine the rage and work for them if every server gets rolled back to a certain date whenever it was last saved. I reallydoubt they're going to give themselves so much more ****. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • LodeJunior - Archosaur
    edited November 2013

They work on bounded G16.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Handing out another code to everyone is a **** idea as well.

it means those who abused the glitch will gain even more from it.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • Imperiousa - Sanctuary
    Imperiousa - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Well here's the kicker they did work on g16 just had to be bound also part of the glitch o,~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanx to ღ ∂ια∂∂єσ ღ ~ ◁ηιηα▷ for siggy!! f:grin

Imperiousa~Sage Venomancer lvl 103,
    Anjelara~Sage Cleric lvl 101,
    Raven_Loft~Demon Mystic lvl 101,
    PhageUntchbl~Demon Assassin lvl 101
  • ShadeParadox - Raging Tide
    ShadeParadox - Raging Tide Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Who do you think runs any government? Computers? Plants? Cragglord?

All governments are run by people. All people are flawed. I don't get what you're going for in your statement.
  • khaleesiqt
    khaleesiqt Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013

they did work on G16/r9...
  • LodeJunior - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Set a treshold.

And just lol at the idea of rollbacks. Imagine the rage and work for them if every server gets rolled back to a certain date whenever it was last saved. I reallydoubt they're going to give themselves so much more ****. lol

Actually its the easiest and least human effort for them, just restore from backup.
This discussion has been closed.