Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Options

Comments

• metalmana
    metalmana Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Rollback The Servers Now

THE PLAYERS NOTICED THAT EVERYONE +10 FOR FREE WASNT FAIR AND COULD RUIN THE GAME

WAITING TOO MUCH TIME TO ROLLBACK THE SERVERS IS NOT A GOOD IDEA!!

b:angryb:angryb:angry
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    People are not taking into consideration that the orbs are not the only thing people got out of the code. The abuse of the code is more than just the orbs. While the other items were probably significant in comparison it is still an issue. I mean 2 Demon sage event cards per code...Charms hypers Profundity scrolls....all this adds up It isnt just about the orbs guys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The next problem to the +10 orb is people did not stop there....with all the multiple +10 orbs they got plus having Tisha Stones on sale or with all the event gold people got, they are now using this to go +11 and they now have tons of +10 orbs to give a go!!!!

I think the best course of action is to temp ban and delete all the orbs they have just like they did with the Kiss Maiden chests when that too was a new promo item and the code could be spammed. Also give them a temp ban just like you have done in the past. Who wants cheaters on the servers anyway.

A roll back is crazy because what about all the people who only used the code once or did not even use it at all. You are going to cause more trouble that way cause then everything they did is gone, zhen purchases, items won in packs, quests, making of skill books......ROLLBACK is NOT the answer at all. I hope PWI realizes that this course of action would be 1000 times worse then the abuse of the code.
    Ban is not solution. Some players had not intention to get extra orbs.

Only possible option is rollback to revert all changes made by the extra "compensation" like +12 refined stuff and extra items from Event shop.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Option 1: Do nothing.
    Result: Cheater/abuser characters become immensely strong. Players who play fair or were unable to take advantage of this glitch will be the ones left out.
    Personal thought: Favors abusers and will cause fair playing folk to leave. Unacceptable.

Option 2: Rollback.
    Result: Everyone will lose any actions they did since last Wednesday. So basically, you had 2 days of fun in the game that didn't count - but can be redone. A new code can be applied after the glitch is fixed so that everyone can try to get a reward again. But only once.
    Personal thought: Acceptable. People who are whining about having done stuff for nothing need to be reminded that this is a game, and that the goal is to have fun...

Option 3: Massban the glitch abusers.
    Result: Would certainly clean up an excess of highrollers, but would cause quite a bit of ragequitting. I've seen faction banks of at least 2 wellknown factions among the accounts that have been abusing this glitch... That, and the glitch can be triggered accidentally from what I'm told.
    Personal thought: Unacceptable, because people who didn't intend to glitch would get hit in this.

Rollback is really the only option left.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • therioz
    therioz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    i cant believe ya GM still dont learn if u give a code for free things dont make this code can use just once, ya GM have no memorie idk also suxs cos now u disable code n doing nothing more about the ppl who get nothing n about the ppl abuse the code. i know ya cant be justice now but have to work hard about the issues in game n PAY MORE ATTENTION IN YOUR JOB!!!!! *
  • incubo21
    incubo21 Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ane111 wrote: »
    Please roll back. Then send every account the same rewards to their first listed account (except make the rewards all account stashable). Also send an account stash stone so regardless of which toon it goes to they can move them to the toon they want it on. I think this is the only way to balance out this issue. Be prepared for tons of tickets from people who won super great stuff like the helm, matchless wings, or super great rolls on their weapons etc.

If this isn't resolved semi effectively, I think I'll have to quit. I'll miss my friends, but this is plain rediculous.

rollback wil make people lose all they did for 1 week --' stop with that idiot idea... they need to get more competent people just that mistake made just end the dam code and let it keep like it
  • velasquez2
    velasquez2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Pretty lame of you to close the separate poll to this issue b:angry
  • Lix - Momaganon
    Lix - Momaganon Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Result: Cheater/abuser characters become immensely strong. Players who play fair or were unable to take advantage of this glitch will be the ones left out.
    Personal thought: Favors abusers and will cause fair playing folk to leave. Unacceptable.

Result: Everyone will lose any actions they did since last Wednesday. So basically, you had 2 days of fun in the game that didn't count - but can be redone. A new code can be applied after the glitch is fixed so that everyone can try to get a reward again. But only once.
    Personal thought: Acceptable. People who are whining about having done stuff for nothing need to be reminded that this is a game, and that the goal is to have fun...

Result: Would certainly clean up an excess of highrollers, but would cause quite a bit of ragequitting. I've seen faction banks of at least 2 wellknown factions among the accounts that have been abusing this glitch... That, and the glitch can be triggered accidentally from what I'm told.
    Personal thought: Unacceptable, because people who didn't intend to glitch would get hit in this.

+1. But don't count on sanity winning out.
  • Barbique - Lost City
    Barbique - Lost City Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Rollback server!!! b:angry
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It would be nice to get some update, cause a lot of people are scare to enjoy the 2x and farm in case of a rollback.
    Don't expect an update for a few hours yet.

- They need to come back to office (because this glitch was not important enough in their eyes to stay past working office hours to fix it in a timley manner).

- They need a meeting, or a phone call to China to maybe decide what to do.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • Brutalian - Lost City
    Brutalian - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I just wanna know if it's a waste of my time to do my dailies today or not...already skipped PV last night assuming that a rollback was pretty much inevitable at this point so I just wanna know what's up and when we might get some official information.
  • metalmana
    edited November 2013
    Options
    WHY PWI's GM WAITING SO MUCH TIME TO ROLLBACK THE SERVERS ??

THE PLAYERS AGREE WITH THE ROLLBACK!!!!!
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    incubo21 wrote: »
    rollback wil make people lose all they did for 1 week --' stop with that idiot idea... they need to get more competent people just that mistake made just end the dam code and let it keep like it

No. They can rollback around when maintenance took place or before giving out the compensation for all. Where does it say they can only roll back 1 week from now? Now if they wait a week then I can see where there can be a problem.

IMO they should just turn the code back on and let this die down. What they always do for being idiots.
  • karmelia
    edited November 2013
    Options

Option 2 or 3 would also have been the best solution when the goon glitch happened. But they choose to apply solution 1.

I bet you they will also apply solution 1 this time.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • malllliii
    malllliii Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    this is just pure idiocracy, no PTW game is balanced.

i was talking code wise, some didnt get the code while others didnt (hence situation we are in) so i was stating that for those who didnt get a chance to use the code may have the chance to do so or roll the hell out of the server
    RyJfkQI.png
    Youtube Channel
    "A demon's only path to joy is through suffering"
    BigBlackClock 105x3 Assassin
  • Imperiousa - Sanctuary
    Imperiousa - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I just wanna know if it's a waste of my time to do my dailies today or not...already skipped PV last night assuming that a rollback was pretty much inevitable at this point so I just wanna know what's up and when we might get some official information.

same got 3 % yesterday in dailies and what not if u rollback be mad but it can be gotten again be nice to know what's gonna happen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanx to ღ ∂ια∂∂єσ ღ ~ ◁ηιηα▷ for siggy!! f:grin

Imperiousa~Sage Venomancer lvl 103,
    Anjelara~Sage Cleric lvl 101,
    Raven_Loft~Demon Mystic lvl 101,
    PhageUntchbl~Demon Assassin lvl 101
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I also said forum community is smaller than in game one. And since it was not official poll that would be really upseting if it would happen to decide about stuff. I understand it could reflect opinions in some way but let's be honest, most people who showed up here in the first place (aka voters) did that to rage/complaint and demand roll.

I am not against leting us decide, but if they would really want to do that some official thing and in game information about voting would be nice.

People don't all read the forum, but by now everyone in game did heard about rollback, so if they don't come check the forum it mean they don't care other than that they would at least come check that thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Kargoror - Lost City
    Kargoror - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    therioz wrote: »
    i cant believe ya GM still dont learn if u give a code for free things dont make this code can use just once, ya GM have no memorie idk also suxs cos now u disable code n doing nothing more about the ppl who get nothing n about the ppl abuse the code. i know ya cant be justice now but have to work hard about the issues in game n PAY MORE ATTENTION IN YOUR JOB!!!!! *

you do realize that a GM is not necessarily a programer right? A Game Master is the in game customer services of online games
    It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    on morai server its 4pm and people is still redeeming\obtaining d orb oceans (by system messages)... (more than twelve hours after bug happened)

no naming and shaming 2 people just linked me full +11 by this glitch

dont disappoint me by not ROLLBACKING this mess
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • metalmana
    edited November 2013
    Options

THE PLAYERS AGREE WITH THE ROLLBACK!!!!!
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I also said forum community is smaller than in game one. And since it was not official poll that would be really upseting if it would happen to decide about stuff. I understand it could reflect opinions in some way but let's be honest, most people who showed up here in the first place (aka voters) did that to rage/complaint and demand roll.

I am not against leting us decide, but if they would really want to do that some official thing and in game information about voting would be nice.

Fair enough. Very valid point and hard to argue but there is the fact that although you are correct they did give us the option to make a poll on forums for a reason. So by closing that poll they basically are saying we gave you the option to make a poll but only if we are ok with it and it doesnt have to do with another thread already in existence. Seems kinda biased to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Then their actions indicate that they endorse (or at least condone) cheating in this game. In that case I'll not feel bad to do so myself... But I'll probably go find something else to spend my time on instead. If you need to cheat to win, the game isn't worth playing.

Unless the game is called "politics" of course, but that's another topic.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • WilliamTell - Raging Tide
    WilliamTell - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Posting a code was a bad move. They should have known the site would be flooded with requests. It should have been a simple 'email' to the mailbox of every PW account with the item, the way they did it with the anniversary rewards. Yes, that means every character on every account would have gotten the reward, but that would have been more balanced than what actually happened. Secondly, the directions were inconsistent. One page says once per account, and when you turn in the code, it says the code can only be used once per 10 minutes. Who are we supposed to believe, a forum post, or the official page where the code is redeemed?

If you're going to send out a reward for the patience of users for putting up with shenannigans, you need to have your ducks in a row when you send it out, otherwise it just gets worse. Are there not any professional programmers at PWI or did we miss a lt/gt symbol or a quotation mark?
    ...A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the heavens come crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear in this world, I bid you stand, warriors of Pellucidar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dinya - Sanctuary
    Dinya - Sanctuary Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    GMs, make it fair and reroll on sanctuary server, some guys got like 20 packs ( 20 x 3 = 60 +10 orbs....)
    i've got none was gonna get ONE today and.... i've noticed it not working..
    well DO SOMETHING AND MAKE THIS FAIR!!!
  • Wendigo - Momaganon
    Wendigo - Momaganon Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    cat world2.formatlog | grep "36356" > dragon_orb_ocean.log
    then move to proper date, grep out users whos used code multiple times and BAN em. thats so hard? cmon get a linux root not only lame windwos users
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • karmelia
    edited November 2013
    Options
    metalmana wrote: »
    Because this glitch was not important enough in their eyes to haeve to work overtime in order to shut down the server immediately, fix the glitch, do a rollback and restart the server.

Instead, they closed the redeem page, left everything continue to go its merry way and went home to rest.

• Kargoror - Lost City
    Kargoror - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    malllliii wrote: »
    i was talking code wise, some didnt get the code while others didnt (hence situation we are in) so i was stating that for those who didnt get a chance to use the code may have the chance to do so or roll the hell out of the server

so glad to hear your so ready to just roll away a week worth of work, and for the record i never got to use the code once.
    It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.
  • Krystabela - Harshlands
    Krystabela - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    shashahah wrote: »
    ofc every1 would lose the stuff of the last days, but thats the punishment we as a community have to accept as a whole;

but tbh no1 could rly cry about "losing" the orbs since it wasnt intended for them to have it in the first place; only for archo players to compensate for the rollback, so idk where the problem here is

Actually check the first post by the gm. This code was released for everyone to use not just Archo. It was just intended to be used once per account not multiple times.
  • Dartwave - Sanctuary
    Dartwave - Sanctuary Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ROLLBACK NOW ffs or be ready to lose millions of dollars :D
This discussion has been closed.