Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Options

Comments

• Shanabee - Harshlands
    Shanabee - Harshlands Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    as long this thread not closed it seems there's still hope b:surrender
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Why is this thread even open? Is it now a place to place a rant that goes on unheard ears?

GMs are probably like, "We will leave the open so they have a place to cry."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Why is this thread even open? Is it now a place to place a rant that goes on unheard ears?

GMs are probably like, "We will leave the open so they have a place to cry."

The easy answer to that question is this.

How many GM's have ever moderated any subforum here? What is the purpose of a support forum when no one from support bothers with it except players themselves?

Oh yes every once and a while an employee will post something but for the most part any of these forums is just for appearance only.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    i heard a rumor today that this whole fiasco was just to get rid of non cash shoppers

People love spreading a lot of weird rumors about PWI.
    Cash shoppers were pissed off with this (I talk to a few of them) so highly unlikely it was intentional.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Kuroikami - Heavens Tear
    Kuroikami - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    lol im tired of all this shiit copilation of QQers!! why dont you all just fuuck off from the game and dont come back for 5 years later i will thanks you thatxD
    if pwi realy wanted to give a good final reward compensation they would gave it already.
    but pff dont wait for it. you hate the game and the game will hate you, if you hate the gms and administrators blablabla they will hate you too so means no one will get 1 shiit as reward.but anyways. i left the game already for live important situations so i probably come back like 2-5 years unless the game gets 100% crash by then lol
    for all the QQers and minor babes out there. lol b:laugh umm get mature and get a life b:victory , or stay qqer forever as QQer ill QQb:cry
    lol maybe im drunk rofl
    anyways, i hope someone put everything about the new expantion comming: new horizons in youtube so i can see what realy matter and what is bullshiit as alwaysXD.i wonder whats better for a sin like my main: stay full g16 +10 or pay the rrr9+10 since my aps set i only use for tt and fc/bh becouse is realy squishy and stupid!
    talking about it. who was the main dumbasses that made that stupid aps set for the sins? if you are out there and read this you can realy suuck my super diick and go to hell forever becouse theres nothing better than a full tank sin set. (for me of course)b:angry

please close the forum, and the game aswell thats the final fixmentb:laugh
    another thing:
    Your`welcome!
    you sound like one of the ***-lickers in game, anjoy licking theyr holes deep with more passion ^_^
    how many orb did you get btw? :D 20? 30? 50? or more? if you dont like QQers go and **** in the corner , good things happen and to those who ****! ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Suprprutty - Lost City
    Suprprutty - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Man this is still going...complaining here won't really change a thing honestly. They stopped caring about this thread ages ago.
  • marvinhuddleston
    marvinhuddleston Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    As I see it , the abusers are the only ones worried that this thread is still active . If you don't care like many of you claim , then why are you bothering to post ? Scared much ?
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I didn't get my ice cream b:cry

Little Susie got her three scoops, and little Jimmy got nine scoops, and I even saw little Billy got 40 scoops

I want my ice cream too. It's not fair. Boo ****ing hoo.

All I got was a popcicle.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • themelc
    themelc Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I didn't get my ice cream b:cry

Little Susie got her three scoops, and little Jimmy got nine scoops, and I even saw little Billy got 40 scoops

I want my ice cream too. It's not fair. Boo ****ing hoo.

All I got was a popcicle.

very mature, if u like abusers that much its just a wild guess u are one of them. i allready know the rest wont get anything and moved on, however i would like to see some bans on people who got more than they should
  • Suprprutty - Lost City
    edited December 2013
    Options
    themelc wrote: »
    very mature, if u like abusers that much its just a wild guess u are one of them. i allready know the rest wont get anything and moved on, however i would like to see some bans on people who got more than they should

People like wickedbrew just need to be ignored, don't bother too much. That person would probably be pointing fingers to people being killed for wrong reasons and laugh saying "lolol life's unfair" ;3
    edited December 2013
    Options
    themelc wrote: »

FYI there twinkle toes, I got ZERO orbs. When I tried when the code was working, it timed out, and I figured I would wait until the following day. They shut the code down. I lost out. But you know what? The game has no bearing on my life and regardless of who glitched or not, I don't give a bucket of spit. And for the record, all my +10 items I bought the orbs from the boutique. And Aww waaaaa, now everyone has +10. Boo hoo, cries, throws a tantrum, stomps feet, and yells its not fair mommy.

PWE said they would take care of the abusers and whether or not they do, is not my responsibility. Neither is it my job to post screenshots of abusers of the code like the PWI police. Besides that, its against the ToS to name and shame you moron.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dudeman121
    dudeman121 Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Loving the whole mentality of any complaint or want of justice = QQ'ing and we should just leave the game etc.

In a nutshell its been over a week now yet people are still abusing it as some of sanctuary members have posted. I wasn't bothered about it all that much until I saw how bad it actually is, for the last 4 hours that I have been online all I have seen is the names listed above flooding chat and the count has to be over 100 by now per name! The thing is the idea that they could get just a temp ban is absolutely crazy, such a breach of ToS which in turn is basically taking paid goods from PWE.. Think GM's this will surely affect your turnover for the month regardless of how small so in essence they're stealing from you! What is it.. 35 dollars a 10* orb which even today is still one of the highest sellers I can imagine.

Surely this is something that should result in a perma ban regardless of case to case basis/how regular they spend money on the game.

My question here is simple: Is PW really a company that lets people do such things and walk all over them or are they actually going to take a stand and enforce these rules for once with the punishment deserving of the breach commited? b:surrender
    edited December 2013
    Options
    People like wickedbrew just need to be ignored, don't bother too much. That person would probably be pointing fingers to people being killed for wrong reasons and laugh saying "lolol life's unfair" ;3

To equate someone who glitched the code to someone's death...you need to get your head examined

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toddloveleah - Harshlands
    Toddloveleah - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I am not going to rant. On my server everyone and their mom has +10 weps or everything. GJ pwi.

Also people QQing about QQ'er should just ****. Bunch of people get millions of free coins and other people get squat. Hmm seems like a perfectly fine reason to be upset. Maybe if this was over the hyper code or something id understand but really stop ur complaining.

Also its funny when people name off the abusers they are like OHHH THATS AGAINST TOS. Well ummm i think getting unlimited orbs is against tos as well? Or glitching?

Funny thing is one of those is stealing tons of money out of the pockets of PWI while the other is a simple infraction that doesnt take anything from you. b:bye
  • Suprprutty - Lost City
    edited December 2013
    Options
    To equate someone who glitched the code to someone's death...you need to get your head examined

Thought you don't care about what people say about you f:ponder but I guess you do since you actually responded to my comment and even took it seriously.

Keep QQing about QQers.
    dudeman121 wrote: »
    Loving the whole mentality of any complaint or want of justice = QQ'ing and we should just leave the game etc.

In a nutshell its been over a week now yet people are still abusing it as some of sanctuary members have posted. I wasn't bothered about it all that much until I saw how bad it actually is, for the last 4 hours that I have been online all I have seen is the names listed above flooding chat and the count has to be over 100 by now per name! The thing is the idea that they could get just a temp ban is absolutely crazy, such a breach of ToS which in turn is basically taking paid goods from PWE.. Think GM's this will surely affect your turnover for the month regardless of how small so in essence they're stealing from you! What is it.. 35 dollars a 10* orb which even today is still one of the highest sellers I can imagine.

Surely this is something that should result in a perma ban regardless of case to case basis/how regular they spend money on the game.

My question here is simple: Is PW really a company that lets people do such things and walk all over them or are they actually going to take a stand and enforce these rules for once with the punishment deserving of the breach commited? b:surrender

I agree with this post though commenting in this thread is pointless since they have shown to ignore it. I do check it though because it gets amusing at times.

Ticketing proved worthless too as they just deleted the tickets.
  • Frenrirs - Morai
    Frenrirs - Morai Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Update the damn post already b:byeb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This is how real playas level. f:laugh
    Proud Barb since 2009. b:dirty b:cool
  • fansouthcorea
    fansouthcorea Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Update today by DefenderOfaDeadGame
    1. in last weeks we got some serious problems ( had server down for 12+hrs ) is not our fault,we give +10 orbs for compensate but if u didnt got any ur bad luck(we know u guys didnt get bec we close code to fast but sh.et hapens in life)
    2.we had to do some roll backs on arch,dw and few other servers (all) ur chars belong to us ,so dont complain to much,u lost some quests,money u hardly made? and what we all lose somthing in life!
    3. Pls dont complain u put many $ on this game ,put more!
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    Nature_God - Sanctuary Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    As players leave for games that are fair , they will talk about why they left PWI . Soon word will spread that PWI is nothing but cheats and treat loyal honest players like sheet .. PWI needs to fix this or its over . R . I . P PWI

There is no game that is fair. There is no such thing as ''fair'' in business world. Learn that.
    But people still play this, to kill time. Games are for time killing anyway, so whats the point in crying. They chose to spend money so its their problem, not PWI's.
    edited December 2013
    Options
    dudeman121 wrote: »

I do agree that people that glitched and received 5+ compensations (the whole thing not just the orbs) should be permabanned, same for people botting, same for any glitching, even the second FC boss. But it is not for me to decide. That is left for PWE to decide upon

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FistBabe - Sanctuary
    FistBabe - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I do agree that people that glitched and received 5+ compensations (the whole thing not just the orbs) should be permabanned, same for people botting, same for any glitching, even the second FC boss. But it is not for me to decide. That is left for PWE to decide upon

For the orbs.. if they really wanted to do something about them, they would aready have removed the quest that gives the items.
    But they don't care.

And as long glitches exist, and pwi doesn't care.. you better abuse them as much as you can :D
    edited December 2013
    Options
    For the orbs.. if they really wanted to do something about them, they would aready have removed the quest that gives the items.
    But they don't care.

And as long glitches exist, and pwi doesn't care.. you better abuse them as much as you can :D

There is no quest that I'm aware of that gives the orbs. Only the mail from the code before PWE removed it. More than likely people that are red spamming the orbs is from a lot of unopened mail from when they glitches it originally and are now thinking rhwy can beat the system and not get some kind of ban.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FistBabe - Sanctuary
    FistBabe - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    There is no quest that I'm aware of that gives the orbs. Only the mail from the code before PWE removed it. More than likely people that are red spamming the orbs is from a lot of unopened mail from when they glitches it originally and are now thinking rhwy can beat the system and not get some kind of ban.

It's with all the items you get with the mail.
    As soon as it's in your inventory, it starts a quest and the items will appear in your inventory.

Shouldn't be that difficult to remove the quest.
    Or to change the reward into a Sadness Card or something.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    It's with all the items you get with the mail.
    As soon as it's in your inventory, it starts a quest and the items will appear in your inventory.

Shouldn't be that difficult to remove the quest.
    Or to change the reward into a Sadness Card or something.

Except that its the chinese devs that need to do these changes. And seeing how fast they acted with the goon glitch... yea. You see the picture.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • asheland1
    asheland1 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Personally I am just sick of it all, the constant red showing them getting orb after orb. Tired of no one telling us anything, and the automated replies to the tickets sent in. I just want them to man/woman up and tell us all to our faces what they intend to do (if anything), when it will be and what to expect. Information is cheap and would put a lot of this to rest. b:surrender
  • DoSz_Bow - Sanctuary
    DoSz_Bow - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I think its so messed up PWI would allow people to glitch these orbs, get free +12 gear using them, and not do ANYTHING other than a stupid 1-2 week bann, or try to compensate those of us that got nothing. I can tell you this, im done spending ANY money on this game until something is done to rectify this situation. Want to give the abusers a slap on the wrist and let them go about their game with +12 gear while the rest of us get nothing, then you dont want my money...
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    UPDATE (11.25.13)

Questions and Answers

What is the punishment for players who blatantly abused the compensation code?

They will be banned.

I heard from Customer Service tickets that you are only banning players who are from Archosaur. Is this true?

No, I was confused about this when I heard about it. The customer service representatives were mis-informed on the punishment issue, and we're making sure everyone is now on the same page. We're banning players who abused the code no matter the server they are from.

There is no shouting with this one...

-DoD

UPDATE (11.22.13):
    Here is what I was able to get:

- We will not be rolling back the servers.

- A highly focused and targeted Archosaur-specific compensation effort will be enacted.

- We will be punishing legitimate abusers of the compensation code who received far more than is possible from redemption page lag. We will be doing so in a detailed, focused manner which will make progress on punishments slower but more precise. So do not worry if you are one who got more orbs unintentionally. We do not want to penalize those who did not intend abuse of the system.

Regarding the level of abuse, from the data in front of us, it was not quite as widespread as many believe. It was mostly a few dozen or so who abused the code from means other than lag/timeouts. The perception of it being widespread is due to the unintentional in-game message spam distorting the situation, and nonfactual boasts in the forums or world chat.

This is the reason why there will not be a rollback.
    I think its so messed up PWI would allow people to glitch these orbs, get free +12 gear using them, and not do ANYTHING other than a stupid 1-2 week bann, or try to compensate those of us that got nothing. I can tell you this, im done spending ANY money on this game until something is done to rectify this situation. Want to give the abusers a slap on the wrist and let them go about their game with +12 gear while the rest of us get nothing, then you dont want my money...

I was nice/bored enough to quote you and a related OP post.

Good job Marines, get ready for the next round.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    F_M_Joshua - Archosaur Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    You know what... I would've believed you.

I really would have. Yet the same 3 toons have been spaming chat since the end of NW with orb openings. Yes. at this point that's almost an hour and 40 minutes. This is on Archosaur server, and a simple PM shows that they're not responding... so what does this tell me...

The abusers never got banned completely.
    If you don't like the way I talk, please, for everyone's sanity, keep in mind that I have ASPERGERS. I don't see a reason to not tell you like it is, or what I think of you. If you are being an idiot, or one minded, I tend to disregard you like trash.
  • dudeman121
    dudeman121 Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I don't blame PW for this mess as the idea of compensating those from RT was a nice thing to do and I applaud their efforts (nice job PW team b:victory) However after the **** up it needs to be fixed.. It may have been PW's error but it was a nice gesture on their part, sadly we're surrounded by greedy people who abuse things like this.

The aftermath is PW staff sifting through a lot of logs I can imagine, just to find those who abused this code. As they said this will be a lengthly process and in a way I do feel for them.. 1 good deed turns into massive amounts of work!! b:shocked

The thing that actually annoys me is not how long its taking to ban them as it is a LOT of work, its this "They will be banned. Whether permanently or temporarily will be determined on a case by case basis. I cannot give any further details than that at this time." Surely it should be just a case of deliberately abused = perm ban.. after all its not as wide spread as we think right? So that will only be a couple of people not dumping cash into game.. IF they did anyway!! b:thanks
  • Selendu - Lost City
    Selendu - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    kontol,....
    [SIGPIC]BORN[/SIGPIC]
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    UPDATE (11.27.13)

At this time, we have some things lined up for December which we are taking another look at how to adjust concerning the recent events. Will we be reopening the code again? I do not know as that has never been up to me, but I can say December will not be a boring. I will be updating the main compensation thread when I have details. I'm expecting new info next week following the holiday weekend.

So, entering the second week of December, we are STILL waiting for all those non-boring events that are scheduled. Any idea WHEN they will be scheduled.
This discussion has been closed.