New DQ System Suggestion Thread

Options

Comments

• sonicrulze
    sonicrulze Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    GM i cant select Dreamwearer server under the DQ rewards to claim rewards before it dissapear D: pls fix this glitch first for me to claim the rewards ty
  • Hyelle - Sanctuary
    Hyelle - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Can anyone else access the dq rewards page atm? All I'm getting is a white page after it's finished loading.

Hey :) I read that they were going to be working on some pages on the website for the next few days. The dq rewards page has been available sort of sporadically for me (more off than on).

I don't have any idea what they are working on (I haven't read much on the forums today), but the original post in this thread said they will give us plenty of warning when dq reward system will be changing, so we'll have time to spend our points.

And since I am posting in this thread, I might as well include my opinion on what the new rewards will include~ I think demon/sage cards are an awesome thing to be able to earn in game. I have also saved a ton of dq points for random pigments, to dye all the fashions I collect, many of which I have spent real money on in the cash shop. And makeover scrolls :)

I think that in a game that is advertised as "free", it is quite wonderful to be able to earn some nice items by working hard, grinding/questing/etc. It's great to be able to buy from the cash shop and support the game when you can afford it, but sometimes you can't.
  • xxhealbillyxx
    xxhealbillyxx Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Bleh, DQ webpage still down. I wanted to cash in before total collapse or who knows what. Blows too, I was 46k almost to the demon/sage event card. The only thing worth having in there.
    Well, who knows what's in store. I loved grinding attack on Archo fridays. The initial idea of collecting dq drops was a huge waste of time and inventory hog. Only thing good about DQ drops was coin and points. C'mon PWI, throw us a bone here. There's enough to be irritated about already. In a time of dropping players and few new players, you may want to considering better rewards and stop gimping the game.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Regarding the things you can redeem with dq rewards...the only thing people wanted where the demon/sage event card. It would be awesome if you guys added more useful items. But keep the makeover scrolls, those where handy.

^ This

Although I would like to add one thing to that keep the chi stones as well, those were useful as well. :P
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • zia03
    zia03 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    i just did read the first few pages and only like to comment a little about two things

regarding the botting ppl dq to get coins since the bounty order give enough money none shall really care about the dq bots anymore they are just free food to the many random pker as everyone else can get money easy too there it will be better to just put back the money value on all dqs to give us all non botter atleast a small bonus by obtain dqs on mobs and instances

about the rest like adding tt and lunar mats and whatever more i highly disagree
    we shall not forget how sad ppl were about not anymore doing nirvana since nation war messed up all the raptures and yet imagine ppl stop doing tt and other instances too because lazy getting on dq system i wonder how can this even be suggested...then we can straight call the game frost city world since everything ppl are doing is nearly only bh 100 and fc fc fc and solo farmer sins doing tt which will be stopped too if they get all the mats via the new dq system

just my oppinion before the game get messed up more and only more boring than it already have become by all the addons

bad english i know is not my nature language :)
  • Labells - Dreamweaver
    Labells - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I think everyone agrees it's the Demon/Sage card we all went for in the DQ points, 50k points to obtain one also worked - it's not so ridiculously easy to obtain that it adversly impacts the main market place.

The nice thing about pwi is that there are 2 ways most things can be done - Real life money therefore thus using less real life time or in game grind which costs the person real life time & effort to achieve (but uses no real life coin).

The demon/sage card was a nice treat for the grinders in the game, the event boutique (whilst yes is a little outdated) has smileys, charms & teleport stones ... O and fashion.

Whilst I am aware that PWI does need to turn a profit - if we end up with servers of cash shoppers you'll end up with very quiet servers as it takes ppl less time to do anything, the grinders whilst not contributing as much to pwi's bottom line contribute to the games atmosphere & are the oracles of game knowledge in the PWI verse - we are the ppl that know all the quests and even know where most of the NPC's are - we answer the cash shopping power levelling nublets questions. We are also the ppl that let pwi know when something is broken or stop our faction members & friends from raising a ticket because the boss their quests says to kill isn't where the autopath took them or there's no dungeon in the dungeon because it was striped in the original level compression.

DQ farming is what grinders do on the servers when they are not busy or having "down time" if you turn every single item people want into an event all pwi will create is dead servers that only have life when an event is scheduled and eventually those people will begin to dwindle as other games become more interesting.

Clift notes for those who are scared by paragraphs :
    - Demon Sage cards rock don't lose them
    - Don't make new DQ system a specific time allotment in the weekly calendar
    - PWI stop annoying and taking things from the ppl that spend the most time exploring the world you have created
    - Update the event boutique - it's a great concept & under utilized (plus my toons need more fashion)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • justanotherbarb
    justanotherbarb Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    And I got some pretty good ideas of what u can put in rewards.
    Telecoustics ,Blinking Poultices , Mysterious chip packs, even packs which give just a random amount of points(kind of like Morai Crazy Stone)and maybe look into pick pets.

As for the system maybe a quest system points(like P.Q. style)...add certain new items and give each one a certain amount of contribution(kind of like base quests)(remember those purgatory books that dropped from mobs(the purple ones)). But you could put the items you get rewards for in the old instances that nobody does anymore such as: Trials, Nirvana and EU BH caves , TT(im sure theres more but idk atm) . Maybe just Maybe people will go enjoy them again. Just DONT put them in the NW forges.

just an idea!
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I'd like to suggest something.

After vendoring X number of DQ items, each player should get a big note.

For the lower tier DQ items, it should be like 10,000.

For the higher tier DQ items, should be more like 1k.

So if I got 1,000 DQ items and vendored them, a big note pops into my mailbox.

Of course, this will totally get trolled, and the big note will only be payable in Tuckahoes or whatever. But seriously, give us coin back for DQ stuff D: I used to make all my coin that way on lower level alts, but can't anymore D:
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Terrwyne - Sanctuary
    Terrwyne - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Event gold was probably the biggest thing about this DQ point system. The idea I liked the most by reading all posts is making the DQ items worth x amount of event silver. But only as long you dont have to npc a specific amount of items at once... Dont really wanna stack up my inventory with all the different kind of DQ items before npc'ing them >_>
    So making it all event boutique based... Just need a update how to gain the event gold as well with the items available (random pigments, makeover scroll, etc. Honestly not sure what's in it atm, atm only buying tisha/tienkang from there).. If they turn nirvana into a event gold farming instance, I think I would like it mostly like a weekly quest (mentioned in 1 post)... I'm not much up for spam farming this instance again, but going there a few times wont hurt.
  • jairoluis
    jairoluis Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I agree with everything you have said! TT items for dq points would be awesome. That rotation is also a great idea..maybe like 3 new items per week? but keep the random dyes, makeover scrolls, and sage cards as normal things.

i can see a set of assasins stealting all day farming chests and low levels bosses to npc those easy to get materials

also why not the administrator or any mod go one of this days to archosaur server and give a little walk around city of the lost, specially plain of farewells aka the "land of the bots"... you have to fight with these bots in order to gather materials you need
  • mayral
    mayral Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    we'd love for you to give us your thoughts on what you personally would like to see in the new DQ system,

Not the Arc for sure
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    DQ items should just be back the way it was and updating DQ would actually be more practical IMHO.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Neferhotep - Lost City
    Neferhotep - Lost City Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I would really like to those items being able to get by DQ points:
    - Expansion stones (normal ones, not the super)
    - regular crafting mats (those that drop from mobs only since the drop rate is horrible)
    - crab meat/pots
    - Teleport stones and smileys (not that important since you can get them by event gold as well)

Sure it would be nice if we get dq points by npcing other things, like reflective shards or normal amor so lower lvls can get the points as well. But MOST important to me is, that you DONT have to use ARC or FACEBOOK to get them b:angry
    Seriously im also for changing the blessings so everyone can get them or at least, to change it so you are able to get them for free on DQ site when you reach a certain amount of DQ points overall.
    I like potatoes <(O~O)>
  • Arsla - Dreamweaver
    Arsla - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Give everyone what they want fashion, extension stones etc but.. keep it all bound and keep them in random packs...
    each pack can be different like costume pack, mount pack, functional pack etc.

that would be the best way to control the economy and be fair to all players .

and with PWs long history with packs it wouldn't be hard for them to make packs .

keeping cosmetics and premium nonsense aside

i would like to see items that help players progress in the game ....
    Molds
    some TT mats
    hyper stones
    scarlet fruits
    eggs for venos

material bundles ( example coal in bundle of 5)

and much more

fact is i would rather spend my points in items that can help me progress than useless cosmetics that have no meaning what so ever .
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

i would like to see items that help players progress in the game ....
    hyper stones
    scarlet fruits

Above items are not necessary.

I had not used even 1 Hyper Stone yet.

Also exist items like Crystals for Realm of Reflection - you can use them.

My character can stay 5 days in those Realm (auto leveling) and then he can use 120 additional Crystals in his inventory. He had been in those realm not more than five hours during last few months.

Daily you can click Attendance button and get free portion of experience/spirit.
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    These have probably been already stated cause I'm late to the thread and don't feel like reading all 17 pages:

1) Green HH/TT mats should be npced for DQ pts.

Things that should be available from DQ rewards:

1) crafting mats; the ones that drop anyway, not the ones you can dig.
    2) colored dye not just random dye (Ok not blk/wt the most popular but the other colors)

Never gonna happen though... maybe green HH mats but not the other 2.
  • SinfulLia - Archosaur
    SinfulLia - Archosaur Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Greetings PWI community,

We here on the PWI team have indeed been reading the forum posts/threads on this subject, and have been collecting as much information as we can for what's to come. We hear your voice, and know we are taking heed. However, I cannot give an exact date as to when the new system will be launched, as details are still changing due to the new system still being worked on.

We have not released a blog post (as of yet) on what's to come due to this reason. We rather not post something that is constantly changing every week, thus confusing everyone until the release of the new system.

As such, I can only at this point give out the following information:

-There is a new system being worked on to replace the DQ system

The reason we have decided to phase out the current DQ system, is that it frankly wasn't living up to our standards in terms of reliability and consistency. Many problems with the DQ point update system and reward redemption flow would all too often have issues, giving both you and us many headaches. Thus it has been decided to create a brand new system that can be much more stable for the future.

I will be updating this thread as I gain concrete information that I can pass on to you, the community.

Until that point, we'd love for you to give us your thoughts on what you personally would like to see in the new DQ system, because as has been mentioned, it has not been finalized yet.

We still have time to make changes before its release.

Please, discuss and I am open to PMs. (not only Genotypist!)

Updates:

-Current points will not carry over to the new system.
    -That being said, we WILL give ample warning for when the current DQ system will be taken down. You will have plenty of time to use the points you have acquired up to that point.

I LoL'd
    Since when did PWI have standards about reliability and consistency?
  • brala89
    brala89 Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    Options
    i have 48k dq points now ... i`m farming for event points and now i can make that ... ty a lot...
  • Vasanta - Lost City
    Vasanta - Lost City Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Make fairy boxes worth of 500 dragon points b:surrender
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    brala89 wrote: »
    i have 48k dq points now ... i`m farming for event points and now i can make that ... ty a lot...

I assume you meant can't, since otherwise the post doesn't make sense?

In which case sure you can, you still have over a week and a half. 2k points wouldn't take long to grind, or you could just buy the DQs from a catshop. Would only cost like 400-450k which makes for cheap event gold.

Just make sure if you NPC that last few you need close to Dec, SS it because it might take a couple days to show up so if it never does you can submit a ticket showing that you should have had the points on time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Shivias - Archosaur
    Shivias - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    b:pleased i would like to see new fashion and wings in the dQ system would niceb:pleased
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I assume you meant can't, since otherwise the post doesn't make sense?

In which case sure you can, you still have over a week and a half. 2k points wouldn't take long to grind, or you could just buy the DQs from a catshop. Would only cost like 400-450k which makes for cheap event gold.

Just make sure if you NPC that last few you need close to Dec, SS it because it might take a couple days to show up so if it never does you can submit a ticket showing that you should have had the points on time.

2k event gold = 67 element lights from map 3 lol...max 1/2 of an hour to get even without 2x. b:laugh

I'm at 45K atm qq. 167 left to go. Pulling map 3 is incredibly tedious even when you're like me and pull all of the avalanche crushers in one pull
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Sylki - Harshlands
    Sylki - Harshlands Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    SO I'm gonna make this somewhat easy for the GMs/any1 who didn't wanna read all the pages and I'll kinda give a summery of what I've read about so far. b:victory (my thoughts on the items will b in grey or parenthesis)

general consensus I'm finding on the top 3 items that MUST be in the new system are:

#1 Demon/Sage Event Card (The players of pwi have spoken, "YES, MUST HAVE IT!!!")

#2 random pigments

#3 makeover Scrolls(which actually I don't care if we have since u can get them in the event boutique)

Other items that multiple people talked about that seem reasonable are:

1-5* Dragon orbs (I don't think this should be in the dq points...maybe have a random pack in the event boutique would be ok though)

absence notes (would be great since as far as I know we can only get them through the phoenix event)

Basic Badges (don't really think this is a good idea simply because u can farm them...even if ur toon is fail u still get at least 1 or 2 from doing bhs)

Chip Packs (would b nice to have, but I can see possible decline in chip pack economy if it goes in)

Do-Alls (it was one of the things I did spend my dq points on...but would b nice if it was more than just 1 do-all...maybe have it as a random pack of 10, 20, or 30)

extension stones (I'm assuming they were just talking about cupboard/wardrobe..but it wasn't specified so they may be talking about inventory, bank, and pet extensions too.)

Fashion (I'd suggest adding weapon fash instead of clothing fash..so its something we can only get w/ dq and not w/ event gold. Plus its a limited time fash)

holy pills (I'd love to have that...its not like we have any way of getting them now.)

hp/mp charms (not really needed since that's one of the reasons people get event gold for)

hyper exp stones (in my opinion this is not needed simply b/c u can get them super easy through events/ perfect token of luck)

Mirages (I get a boatload of these from events/bhs/exchange at mysterious old man so I really don't want these)

Perfect Stones (more than 1...something like a random pack where u have a chance of 10, 25, 50, or 100 would be a nice idea)

perfect tokens of luck (I'd actually like this..but at the same time it'd make the economy even worse than it is... In harshlands I'm pretty sure we're the most expensive when it comes to pretty much anything... so tokens are one way I'm able to make coin b/c I have the patience to run a catshop.)

r8 mats (not rly sure what exactly they meant but was mentioned. I'd be ok with just having wedding candy)

Smilies (would be ok and since there are some smilies already in the event boutique its not like it would really hurt anything..)

Supply Tokens (I don't think this is a good idea ..yea I understand not every1 can come to nw..but b/c not every1 can come to NW that creates an economy for those that CAN go to nw)

telecoustics (I don't really like this in the dq points...it'd be ok in the event boutique where they are unable to be traded)

TT green/gold mats (don't really like the idea mainly b/c u can farm it...and if u can't farm it u can buy it from other players. Its one of those things that HELPS economy in game)

Wings (not needed in my opinion simply b/c even if they put wings in dq they'd b like 2.5 spd which u can get wings like that in the event boutique)

Things that were mentioned, but I think are absolutely ridiculous to add into dq points

☆☆☆Crown of Madness

DoDs

☆☆Matchless Wings

Medal of Glory

My thoughts on the ridiculous gear/item request

The 4 above mentioned items were set up in a way so they'd be RARE/hard to get. It wasn't so everyone could get it in no time at all. People think for a moment...this game needs inflow of REAL money. What better way than to have something hard to get that u get from packs or need a lot of gold to attain. And while I'm talking about hard to get gear that would be a fantasy to ever see in the DQ point reward system then why not have ☆☆Golden Blast Coif, ☆☆Golden Blast Helm, or ☆☆Radiant Light Helm as something u can get w/ dq points... since u can only get it if ur fac base has a maxed out armory and u have a ton of contrib points and coin u can waste on it. As far as I know ...no fac in Harshlands has any armory even close to being maxed.

To be honest...if u want rare gear to be farmable...the only way I can see that happening is if pwi makes it a rare drop in nirvana (to revive the instance), makes it attainable through collecting gold dragon orders (like 50 or something outrageous), make it some of the possible gear u can get in EU (not AEU...EU ..u know that little relay race that ppl have forgotten about), or have it attainable through the maxed out fac base armory like those other gears.

Finally to close...here are the things in the current DQ rewards that no one wants or at least they didn't bother to mention.

Maiden-Kissed Chest

mounts

pets

Sorry was a long postb:surrender...but hey it was color coded!b:pleasedb:laugh
  • Ryuuarai - Lost City
    Ryuuarai - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    how about any mat you could want makeing the harder to get ones worth more pf the new points for those who have a hard time geting squads or the ones who have **** gear and want better
  • pulpit
    pulpit Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The game has been running for over 5 years now, some players like me have multiple accounts (21 chars) because you can't play 1 of each demon/sage toon on 1 account. This means I have 2 full max cupboards of DQ Items (yeah I never vendored em for the DQ points) I also have 2 full cupboards of Legendary Molds. Like I said been playing for 5 years. Why can't I trade these things based on whatever value you assign to aquire in game items that either benefit my individual toons or faction (i.e. the char/pet skill books available from bid/mob drop, any TT/NIRVY/LUNAR material I could get through playing solo/squad mode instances, rare veno pet eggs, rep stones, items needed to create a faction base [coin, warsong medals etc.], items gained from faction quests or TW rewards if you char doesn't do those, items that aid in R8 or R9 rerolls or yes even dragon orbs from +1 to +10). Most of these are things already available in the game that you can aquire through game play assuming the OP toons are bored and let you {i.e. pet eggs or Dragon temple chest for pet skill books b:avoid lvl 65 really}) Why not let people turn in drops for rewards that suit their characters like tradeable fashion [botique fashion that isn't available with event gold] though you may require event gold to be spent in additionto in game drops. or better yet trade them for tickets to enter unique solo/sqaud instances that have rare/unique drops like mounts, flyers, wpns, armor, or genie skills/items meant for specific character class. GL2u and why not give unique rewards (thank you gifts) to those person whose ideas you use.
  • Black_wolve - Sanctuary
    Black_wolve - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Please make it so no player can sell the items .
  • CyberAlex_RO - Sanctuary
    CyberAlex_RO - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ok so the remaining points will be removed how about the event gold if we have event gold and we don't use it will that be removed with the system update ?
    live to play
  • blondiewannabe
    blondiewannabe Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    You could do with the DQ like you do with other items. After we get a certain amount, we could manufacture the rewards from an NPC or just sell them for the money.
  • Cristalwhite - Harshlands
    Cristalwhite - Harshlands Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    i have a question.
    what will happen with the assasins skill to steal dq-items?
    wont it become pretty useless?
  • NescauBall - Archosaur
    NescauBall - Archosaur Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Uhmm, I dont think the top level gear suggestion is too overpowered if you make the ammount of mats required be very ****ing high as well.

Tbh I like DQ being worth something because that makes farming as someone badly geared/low level easy.

Would think the DQ system could work well with low-medium tier weapon molds and mats or custom made weapons just for it, Stuff with slaying/warding.

Would give people some incentive to farm I guess.