New DQ System Suggestion Thread

Options

Comments

• BlackRapture - Raging Tide
    BlackRapture - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Lots of good ideas so far. Here's mine: More Customization. Wouldn't be an easy implement, but what about some items that allowed us to make small changes to the appearance of our gear? Even something so simple as dye. Make the gear more personal to the user, so we don't all go to battle in skimpy outfits at a frap party. Changing a weapon's glow color. Or pieces to add to armor that aren't class specific. Adding/subtracting parts to weapons that ARE weapon type specific, while not changing stats or losing the complete identity, instead of covering up the weapons with awkward fashion. And I'm not saying do away with fashion, but make the gear we worked even harder for worth showing off and being proud of. That way everyone can do it. Of course the downside is after you got your gear JUST the way you want it, you'd probably go back to ignoring the system until more options were added, or you got better gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...when things collapse around you...
    ...they are merely falling into place...
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Make nirvana drop event silver kk ty, so I'll have an excuse to gear my archer for aps
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Cantabrum - Archosaur
    Cantabrum - Archosaur Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I wish you would put endgame shards in there, I know it wont happen but that being said. Orbs, another one your not gonna do. MoGs/GSTs are prolly not gonna happen either.

Event gold is perfect for it, maybe increase things you can buy with it? Another thing I would love there is a new item, which allows you to transform pan gu tomes into Scroll of Tome tomes. Something expensive, along the lines of 15-30 event cards worth of points. Or throw it on boutique for 100g all I care, I`ll get one.

Right now there is loads of bound pan gus on servers from when nobody expected NW upgrade on tomes. Problem is said tomes are just so much better than pan gus you need one to be competent. This wouldnt be problem with sufficient supply of SoTs but right now you have to pay 600-700m for one on Archosaur, assuming you can find one, which is just completely ****. Meaning, least Archosaur, simply doesnt have enough of supply for said items. I am not asking to get cheap transform, just an option to somewhat fight the prices back to 400-500m/SoT.

Ps. While your at it, make mysterious merchant take 1k chip packs at once, thanks.

b:sad yes please wtb thing to transform bound pangu into sot b:cry
  • LadyAgrona - Archosaur
    LadyAgrona - Archosaur Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    MOG's used to be in the DQ reward system, they removed it. I would not assume they will bring that back.
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I cannot give an exact date as to when the new system will be launched
    We have not released a blog post
    We rather not post something
    we have decided to phase out the current DQ system

We rather not do something
  • XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear
    XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Things I would like to see stay:

Demon/Sage Event cards, 50k dq points wasn't the easiest thing in the world to get without an attack event or something along the lines of buying dq. I love Event gold soo much please don't get rid of it. D:

Random Pigments, free fashion dying for some farming of dq is good.

I'd like to see those event Dragon Orbs implemented up to 8 stars, don't make them have that stupid limitation like they do in the dreamchaser packs, thats just annoying.

I'd like to see GSTs or MoGs back in but that wont happen cuz thats money for your pockets.

Any further idea's I'll post later
  • mharrisherteicforum
    mharrisherteicforum Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Regarding the things you can redeem with dq rewards...the only thing people wanted where the demon/sage event card. It would be awesome if you guys added more useful items. But keep the makeover scrolls, those where handy.

What ever you tell them is what is wanted will no longer be able to earn but will become a cash shop item only, been on for over 5 years have seen it time and again.
  • Cristalwhite - Harshlands
    Cristalwhite - Harshlands Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    there is a lot, and i mean a lots ! of unused content in pwi which really need some support from you guys.

since nation wars, nirvana is dead.
    i was never a big fan of nirvana because the reward was so bad, but you cant mean it serious to leave a whole instance totally unused. so what you can do at least is. delete the need of nirvana keys and increase the reward. or make the nirvana keys tradeable for the next dq-system point thingly.

frostcovered city has thos frostcovered signs which some people buy but what i think which are useless. make them beeing some dq point thingly. (finally remove the damn forges in FC you cant make that stuff anyway)

the purple drops in lunar glade were barly picked up, cause you need to many of them and they fill the inventory up, its easier to exchange what you need for mysterious chips.
    give the pruple drop in lunar a dq-point meaning.

make a daily quest like the jolly quest, to get dq-point thingy each day under control of daily things.

remove the quest : buying dq points from the npc jolly jones.

remove a majority of npcs and bundle their quests to one npc.
    to many npcs are out there which almost no one need.

make it easier to get event gold with the new system in shorter steps.
    like 10 event gold.

or if you dont make it available for event gold, make the majority of event boutiqe avaiable in the new shop point system.

wind widges and pet speed increase items are to expensive.
    and the cash shoper rather just get a faster fly than buying thos.
    make them available in the new system

make the "old heaven tear" items, which drop in gods valley or in twilight temple 3-x
    worth some dq points. most of the time i just drop them after the instance cause i got no use for them.
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    BDoomed - Archosaur Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    well apparently, with DQ system in place, people werent so eager to buy plat charms for 3 gold - 4.5-6 mil, so basically u want to get something beneficial and profitable, and any suggestion we make here wont be of financial profit for you... so yeah i guess its gone, let it be so...
  • nechick
    nechick Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    how about more events like this wind event where we get coin but also have chance for event gold. most of us use our event gold for things we need we will need a way to get them with points being taken away. or i am afraid more people will be quitting pwi
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    nechick wrote: »
    how about more events like this wind event where we get coin but also have chance for event gold. most of us use our event gold for things we need we will need a way to get them with points being taken away. or i am afraid more people will be quitting pwi

Events where you primarily get coin need to only happen once a year at most. More of those events will just push inflation further.

That being said, more possibilities to get event gold in actual events beyond Tiger event/Jungle Ruins would be nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Events where you primarily get coin need to only happen once a year at most. More of those events will just push inflation further.

That being said, more possibilities to get event gold in actual events beyond Tiger event/Jungle Ruins would be nice.

And times when they happen need to be completely random, so every1 can participate more or less.
  • MyAzzItch - Dreamweaver
    MyAzzItch - Dreamweaver Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Greetings PWI community,

We here on the PWI team have indeed been reading the forum posts/threads on this subject, and have been collecting as much information as we can for what's to come. We hear your voice, and know we are taking heed. However, I cannot give an exact date as to when the new system will be launched, as details are still changing due to the new system still being worked on.

We have not released a blog post (as of yet) on what's to come due to this reason. We rather not post something that is constantly changing every week, thus confusing everyone until the release of the new system.

As such, I can only at this point give out the following information:

-There is a new system being worked on to replace the DQ system

The reason we have decided to phase out the current DQ system, is that it frankly wasn't living up to our standards in terms of reliability and consistency. Many problems with the DQ point update system and reward redemption flow would all too often have issues, giving both you and us many headaches. Thus it has been decided to create a brand new system that can be much more stable for the future.

I will be updating this thread as I gain concrete information that I can pass on to you, the community.

Until that point, we'd love for you to give us your thoughts on what you personally would like to see in the new DQ system, because as has been mentioned, it has not been finalized yet.

We still have time to make changes before its release.

Please, discuss and I am open to PMs. (not only Genotypist!)

Updates:

-Current points will not carry over to the new system.
    -That being said, we WILL give ample warning for when the current DQ system will be taken down. You will have plenty of time to use the points you have acquired up to that point.

Bring back the dragon points geez most of them are 1 gold now ??? this game is coming to a total joke, next your going to charge us money this to play the gameb:bye
  • ufamea1
    ufamea1 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Why not use something you already have in existence? The one-man-army/divine quests (repeatable of course) or you could use something similar but have the target be random mob types in a certain level range with a turn-in for a token/whatever for stuff (the event gold items.. whatever they will be) and mob count limited to 50-100 (or however many, but not too much); then the hassle of altering bots' functions frequently could be somewhat deterred. Hell, lets face it, botters will try to find a way somehow, as they currently have turned to botting herbs.

Not sure if it's a great idea, but it's one that uses things in existence and that might make it easier to implement.
  • LodeJunior - Archosaur
    LodeJunior - Archosaur Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Why don't just factor into BH rewards? Like 500 silver for every BH turn in, that will surely revive lower level BHs as well.
  • Cantabrum - Archosaur
    Cantabrum - Archosaur Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I wish you would put endgame shards in there, I know it wont happen but that being said. Orbs, another one your not gonna do. MoGs/GSTs are prolly not gonna happen either.

Event gold is perfect for it, maybe increase things you can buy with it? Another thing I would love there is a new item, which allows you to transform pan gu tomes into Scroll of Tome tomes. Something expensive, along the lines of 15-30 event cards worth of points. Or throw it on boutique for 100g all I care, I`ll get one.

Right now there is loads of bound pan gus on servers from when nobody expected NW upgrade on tomes. Problem is said tomes are just so much better than pan gus you need one to be competent. This wouldnt be problem with sufficient supply of SoTs but right now you have to pay 600-700m for one on Archosaur, assuming you can find one, which is just completely ****. Meaning, least Archosaur, simply doesnt have enough of supply for said items. I am not asking to get cheap transform, just an option to somewhat fight the prices back to 400-500m/SoT.

Ps. While your at it, make mysterious merchant take 1k chip packs at once, thanks.

best idea ever b:dirty WTB ABLE TO GET SOT OUT OF MY PANGU b:angry
  • Tetream - Lost City
    Tetream - Lost City Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

edited: in light blue: I agree, brown: disagree
    -Chest of Coins (already available)
    -Nirvana Keys
    -Reflective Shards
    -Fairy Keys
    -Mirages
    -Celestone of Heaven/Human/Earth
    -Celestone Fragment
    -Hypers (for those of us who are 105 and have like 500 ****ing bound hypers to our char that we can't even acc stash)
    -Blood of FB Bosses
    -Copper/Silver/Gold Dragon Orders

And please keep
    makeover scrolls, (we get already more than enough of them in-game for quest rewards or with tokens)
    random pigments,
    demon/sage event cards

/5char
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Here's an easy solution to the problem of the dq system:

Keep the rewards exactly like they are, but make the dq system in-game instead. Here is how it could work.

Take dq items to a vendor.

Convert dq items into a common medium that I'll call item 'X'. (all vendors could be capable of this)

Idea 1) have quests to convert 1, 10, or 100 of a given dq item into item X

Idea 2) have a system similar to when you break down green frostcovered gear souledges. A table would display all of the possible dq items, and you would click the icons for the dq items you have in your inventory, then click convert. Depending on the dq item, you get varying amounts of item X.

Take your item X the PW Boutique Agent (or a new npc entirely). There, you can exchange item X for a bunch of different rewards.

Done! The whole DQ points system can be recreated as an in-game system, and no changes to the rewards would need to be made. No interaction between website and game would be necessary either.

Simple is good.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • evelcia
    evelcia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    No. I did not read previous posts so i don't know if anyone had said that beore.

How about just leaving dq system as it is now but making items untradeable?

Giving back coins to dq items would be good too because if you are not lv100 and you don't have a decent character to farm TT there is not much you can do to earn coins. And people actually farm/used to farm dq items for themself! Back in the times when it was still giving coins by vendoring. Don't forget about low lv players! About whose who don't cash and have no 100+ mains. Don't take them away their ways for getting in-game money!
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    evelcia wrote: »
    No. I did not read previous posts so i don't know if anyone had said that beore.

How about just leaving dq system as it is now but making items untradeable?

Giving back coins to dq items would be good too because if you are not lv100 and you don't have a decent character to farm TT there is not much you can do to earn coins. And people actually farm/used to farm dq items for themself! Back in the times when it was still giving coins by vendoring. Don't forget about low lv players! About whose who don't cash and have no 100+ mains. Don't take them away their ways for getting in-game money!

The DQ items themselves, are not being removed. This has been stated time and time again. They will keep their monetary value, but just have their points removed. The system is being replaced. I'm hoping it keeps the demon/sage cards.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Bring back the dragon points geez most of them are 1 gold now ??? this game is coming to a total joke, next your going to charge us money this to play the gameb:bye

That was a nerf performed by China in response to China's bot army problem. it was not a decision made by PWE nor one they themselves took lightly.
  • Miss_menace - Raging Tide
    Miss_menace - Raging Tide Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    In my opinion, the original dragon quests are reasonably doable. The changes I would make:

1. Reduce the number of dragon orders that are required to about 10 copper, 10 silver (for example) instead of 50 each for the molds and keep the same number for the mounts.

2. Add rewards similar to the rewards you get from the DQ points. unstashable fashion, pstones, demon/sage card, etc.

3. Make it possible to trade a single dragon order for extra XP or rep or spirit. Of course, copper would give a nominal amount while gold would be higher -- in keeping with the level. For the more useful items like in point #2, make handing in 5, or 10 or 25 of these items an exchange for some clickable "pack" that gives a random gift in accordance with the level. The more orders you hand in at a time, the more valuable "pack" you receive. So like lucid, if someone hands in 25 dragon orders, put that awesome tome in there but make it like 0.005% chance! Keep in mind that to farm 25 dragon orders, it takes MONTHS to farm... so you gotta make that random prize really worth it like ecstasy cards (note the S at that the end of that word), or gear, or a mount.

I like the dragon quests. Even though people find it boring, it was only because it took a completely unreasonable amount of time to farm anything decent in terms of rewards. But having people collect dragon orders for coveted items means that a thriving economy with DQ's could arise! Someone desperately need 20 element spirits cuz they need to finish a quest? NP.. there's a catshop for that! xD

POSSIBLE PRIZE BREAKDOWN:
    (just guesstimating here and options of stuff that seem to be of interest to people... im sure PWI can use some calculation to determine what would be reasonable).

Copper Dragon Orders:
    Handing in 1 would give you a little bit of XP and or spirit.
    Handing in 5 would give you a chance at training esoterica, makeover scroll, random dyes, those buff pills like you get in dreamchaser packs, 5 random dyes
    Handing in 10 would give you a chance at select fashion, timed pro weapon (say 14 days)
    Handing in 25 would give you a chance at slow flyer, bear mount (like from dreamchaser)

Silver Dragon Orders:
    Handing in 1 would give you a nominal amount of XP and/or spirit.
    Handing in 5 would give you a chance at: mirages, hypers, buff pills, speed apocs, timed vendor license, 10 random dyes
    Handing in 10 would give you a chance at fashion (diff from copper fashion), timed pro weap, timed channeling and interval cape.
    Handing in 25 would give you a chance at a random boutique flyer (2.00 at most), random mount (9.0 at most)

Gold Dragon Orders:
    Handing in 1 would give you 500K XP and 750K spirit, or the option to trade for reputation badge(s).
    Handing in 5 would give you the chance at 10 hypers, 25 high level apocs (IG, dew... what AEU would give), 50 random dyes, timed end game weap (14 days with warding/slaying), incomparable shard, 3 ecstasy cards
    Handing in 10 would give you the chance at 5 chrono pages, sage/demon event card, canny or rap chest, excitement card
    Handing in 25 would give you the chance at: PQ ring (low chance), love up and down tome (even lower chance), fast boutique mount (10m), fast boutique flyer (3.00), 10m big note, Dot/DoD

Well just a sampling off the top of my head. PWI team can calculate the % chances of each.

Hope this helps!!! (man, what else would i love to get from these packs? my brain is spinning at the possibilities!!!!)
  • Miss_menace - Raging Tide
    Miss_menace - Raging Tide Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    shawnswife wrote: »
    I would love to see the items tradable, as you are the one earning the points, should be able to do whatever you want with the items.

If you dont pay real money for them, you shouldn't be able to trade them. That's how businesss works bud.
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The point of DQ point was to deal whit the DQ value reduction because they had problem whit gold digger in the original version. They said the same thing about mirage and material decomposition price going up. Yet they implement more and more ways to make mirage and money around the said system ... any way that's not the point I want to make.

The DQ system from a forum I remember reading is if I'm correct only part of PWI, and is not on the original version.

Since the system was implemented to give back the difference in lost point it should have IMO an option to get the DQ point in coins. Giving us the 20% or so back PW Apparentely need to drop in the original version because of farmers.

( yeah keep those Friday event on 2x coming baby cause no farming goes on there ... )

Then on a new note, ic a DQ system that could give acess to Dragon quest reward.
    Some mold in the DQuest are still somewhat acceptable, but the cost to get them and time compared to other item in the game is just simply ridicule now. You could simply trade DQ point for dragon coins.

To finish , here is my keep and wish list for the DQ store

Keep :
    sage/Demon card
    do-all
    random dye
    fashion

new items :
    Holy pills
    New set of fashion
    some weapon fashion
    Coins refund
    Socket stone
    Dragon sphere ( this would enable any DQ to be change in any other DQ needed for quest)
    R8 mat
    Celestial shard

remove
    pets
    mounts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Make DQ the original value that it was please.

Secondly: Bring back MoG's.
  • Ms_loveshot - Heavens Tear
    Ms_loveshot - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I do p lvl runs regularly and ive always asked all new players even lvl 90's have no idea wat DQ points were until I explained to them what it was.

To me DQ points was an encouragement to grind and enjoy the game rather than throw cash in all day yes I know it helps ur business strive but u should help influence the meaning of free play to get more players in the game.

A lot of people ive told grinded mobs for dq points a lot didn't cuz the value DQ had wasn't really worth it

If ur going to remove DQ add something stackable to replace DQ items I personally love DQ items points or not for repair. (maybe up the value)

Make it known that players can benefit by slowly enjoying what u take the time to create for them all the quests and adventures instead of speeding em through things

The new system should be about encouraging players to take it slow in the game not just with quests but with grinding and stuff not FFing all day I love to grind
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The point of DQ point was to deal whit the DQ value reduction because they had problem whit gold digger in the original version. They said the same thing about mirage and material decomposition price going up. Yet they implement more and more ways to make mirage and money around the said system ... any way that's not the point I want to make.

The DQ system from a forum I remember reading is if I'm correct only part of PWI, and is not on the original version.

Since the system was implemented to give back the difference in lost point it should have IMO an option to get the DQ point in coins. Giving us the 20% or so back PW Apparentely need to drop in the original version because of farmers.

( yeah keep those Friday event on 2x coming baby cause no farming goes on there ... )

Then on a new note, ic a DQ system that could give acess to Dragon quest reward.
    Some mold in the DQuest are still somewhat acceptable, but the cost to get them and time compared to other item in the game is just simply ridicule now. You could simply trade DQ point for dragon coins.

To finish , here is my keep and wish list for the DQ store

Keep :
    sage/Demon card
    do-all
    random dye
    fashion

new items :
    Holy pills
    New set of fashion
    some weapon fashion
    Coins refund
    Socket stone
    Dragon sphere ( this would enable any DQ to be change in any other DQ needed for quest)
    R8 mat
    Celestial shard

remove
    pets
    mounts

Would be nice if we could get buff pots from DQ as well
    keep make over scrolls

Since the token shop has been removed add Martial arts scrolls to the DQ page too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • xvokcx
    xvokcx Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Give DQ Drops Back the Coin Value that they had, JUST LEAVE THE GAME ALONE! and stop **** around with Creating idiotic **** that requires work and maintnence (2 things that you are clearly not good for). - Dont create problems where there arent any. / end of thread.
  • LifeAfterDth - Heavens Tear
    LifeAfterDth - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I find it ironic that the current dq system was working just fine until the mere mention that its going to be taken away because its too problematic. At most, the shop needed to update available items periodically maybe offer a "special" here and there but its functionality always seemed to work fine for me.
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Can anyone else access the dq rewards page atm? All I'm getting is a white page after it's finished loading.
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D