New DQ System Suggestion Thread

Options

Comments

• Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Make a Sin+ a cleri buffbot... Get Sin geared ASAP (Aps gear+r9 weapon) And farm gold mats in TT 3-1,2,3 f:money

It's the most fast way to earn cash or make 3-4 alts and do cube runs with them.

Lolwut dont need r9 weapon to farm TT 3-x effectively, much cheaper to stick with T3 daggers.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Falinfy - Heavens Tear
    Falinfy - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    This thread is well over a year old. DQ will never come back its a pipe dream. If they were serious about DQ, rather then trying to play the crowds, they would have implemented it years ago.

They started talking about pulling DQ back in 2012 maybe even as far back as 2011 I do not remember off hand.

If they were serious about it they could have easily implemented a system already but they havent and will not. Remember its been almost 3 years since they started threatening to remove DQ.

It is far more profitable to take away the things that make it F2P and transition slowly (which they have been doing past 2 years) to a F2P but cash to level. They ca still maintian the F2P facade for advertising purposes yet realistically it will become impossible. Meaning if you choose to level a char and gear it with even some of the more inexpensive gear it will cost you real money.

Hence the truly addicted, and there are many out there, will end up buying cards or throw it on credit if at all humanly possible.

Yes, there are ways around it like the jolly jones quests or herbs persay but they are painstakingly slow in inefficent and the coin just isnt there. 300k a day may seem like heaven to a lev 30 but a lev 95 cleric will blow through that in mana and repairs easily with token prices as they are.

The golden days of making coin are over instead they wil replace it as they have been doing with hard items like non tradeable mounts and areo. Still keeping people going oooo shiney shiney and tempting them to stay in the game yet not giving them the ability.
  • toothy
    toothy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    How about an NPC that trades for all your unwanted DQ items, items could include as follows.

HP & MP potions, HP & MP of charms of various sizes, item buffs, atk & def charms.

I could go on but I'm sure you get the picture and people can add there thought to it, because lets face it, not everyone wants to DQ not everyone wants to pvp, this could be helpful no matter your play style...
  • buffsrus
    buffsrus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    this thread gives proof of how much PWE/PWI truly ignores what players want. it seems more of an insult that they pretended to care -over a year ago- and then ignored us completely. all we will ever get is the sorry excuse of "its because of China". which leads me to never want to play another game ran by PWE or in any way connected to PWE. other games have daily or weekly interactions with GM s finding out how to keep players happy and retain the current player base while bringing in new players. so while other games provide weekly feedback, PWE is over a year out on any sort of answer. great job and being completely useless and lying to us.
  • serpent1968
    serpent1968 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Please STOP the mobs from dropping DQ ITEMS them is worthless junk im i just want pick up coin NOT **** from pwi assb:laughb:cryMake mobs drop more more coin thxs.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    oh a good portion of items are 1 coin now.. the only thing you're going to get coin from is quest, if you're lucky. it's not just DQ that took a hit
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Sthenith - Dreamweaver
    Sthenith - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Players still seem to complain about the DQ items, while it's obvious to anyone that it will never come back.

Once botting is introduced into a game, they have to find a system to prevent auto-farmers from injecting too much money into the game.
    The way they have chosen is to make drops worth nearly nothing. It is one way to remedy a flawed system, although it might not be the best. Whoever decided it and the reason why they chose this way doesn't really matter anymore.

As for making cash in the game, and making your own gear without injecting RL money, it is still possible, although it's much harder then before IF you only play one single toon and play the game by yourself and not in a faction.

Let me explain :

1. any of the older classes can be made instant lvl 100+. They get free charms and gear with the dreamchaser packs and when they do their culti's. They get free orbs (granted, only for until lvl8 gear).

2. Once you have a char like that and did your basic low lvl culti's, you farm herbs and mats for a few days and sell those in the market. You keep doing the dailies you can and pick up every single coin you see. You do the quests that give you cash and save it up.

3. While doing that, you keep farming instances like low/mid lvl TT's and keep doing your culti's so you can finally play your toon to the fullest. If you join a decent faction, others will help you .

In the end, you will NOT have the endgame gear you so desire, but you WILL be able to play wihtout any influx of RL cash at a reasonnable level and with good gear.

You will NOT be exceptional and you will die a LOT in pvp. IF you want to be the best, you have to pay up, but it was like that before as well, so no big change there.

What irks me most about the whole DQ **** is that people STILL complain when its blatantly clear to anyone with half a brain that it will NOT come back to the way it was. So why keep argiung and why not find other ways to make cash and help others out by giving them suggestions on how to"cope" in the game.

Stop the dam QQing and whining and all that stuff and play the game in a different way. And if you didn't have others spending their hard earned cash in this game, then there wouldn't be a game at all in no time. Enjoy, have fun and stop the bsing.

My 2 cents.
  • Lillemy - Sanctuary
    Lillemy - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Just make them worth picking up again. I know you want to squeeze money out of people, but one coin is a joke. No one will pick them up unless its worth picking up
  • Sthenith - Dreamweaver
    Sthenith - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Oh, and before i forget :

Today i saw someone selling socket stones at a really low price. Bought them all up (with saved cash) and resold them all within 15 minutes at a bit higher price. That's around 1.5Mill i made in 15 minutes. You can keep your DQ's.
  • Lillemy - Sanctuary
    Lillemy - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

Stop the dam QQing and whining and all that stuff and play the game in a different way. And if you didn't have others spending their hard earned cash in this game, then there wouldn't be a game at all in no time. Enjoy, have fun and stop the bsing.

My 2 cents.

Most of it is daddys creditcard. not hard earned money. Loads of games have gone free to play from other companies and they still earn money, but most dont go over the top and make all ingame drops worthless like this one
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Loads of games have gone free to play from other companies and they still earn money, but most dont go over the top and make all ingame drops worthless like this one
    Well said
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Jessyph - Sanctuary
    Jessyph - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi, since now the DQ and the monster dropping stuff for selling also from to 1coins. if there any other alternate way to grind coins?
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi, since now the DQ and the monster dropping stuff for selling also from to 1coins. if there any other alternate way to grind coins?

Not really aside quests,bhs' dailies and jolly dood even though the quests give quite a bit more coins than before. It still does not make up for the loss of dq.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    So still not a single GM response about this....or anything from sparkie regarding this system. Wonder what happened. I mean sure this is a small issue compared to the large number of issues plaguing the game right now such as horrid ticket responses, in game bugs, and many other things but seriously? This was promised to us well over a year ago and still not a single response as of late.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I've basically given up on seeing any news concerning this long LONG ago.

Just waiting for it to finally get unstickied.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Kyanelle - Heavens Tear
    Kyanelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »

Can't you just unsticky it Kossy?

I have given up on PWI doing anything for its clients. They never follow through with anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Karma will get you when you least expect it. What goes around comes around.

It's called Karma and it's pronouced "haha f you"
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2015
    Options

Yeah, pretty much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Date it was posted: 10-23-2013

Today's Date: 01-07-2015

b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    PWE should take a GOOD look at this thread...an be ASHAMED. They have dragged it out to the point where even a mod who pretty much does more for them then probably all their ticket responders put together do has given up on the company. This is really sad. sparkiesoft, I have to say you and the GMs have become nothing but a huge disappointment. Sure I can't blame you for the **** ups with the server or the game...but it's YOUR job to keep us informed. Running around giving people false promises...or blatantly ignoring peoples consistent plea for information regarding something that was all but promised to us is really upsetting to see.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • paulius545
    paulius545 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    sweetiebot when we gonna have new DQ system?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    paulius545 wrote: »
    sweetiebot when we gonna have new DQ system?
    When was that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options

Can't you just unsticky it Kossy?

I have given up on PWI doing anything for its clients. They never follow through with anything.

While Kossy COULD, doing so would bring possible repercussions. It was originally stuck by an Admin, and without Admin permission, unsticking it could cause Kossy to lose her position. b:surrender

Also...

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • yiyuan69
    yiyuan69 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    if dq system never back, just please dont remove the price for sell in npc..back to mormal again dont price it just 1 coin b:cryb:cryb:surrender
    edited January 2015
    Options
    yiyuan69 wrote: »
    if dq system never back, just please dont remove the price for sell in npc..back to mormal again dont price it just 1 coin b:cryb:cryb:surrender

The price change came over from China, and has already been confirmed that it would never be reverted. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Rosie_Caster - Harshlands
    Rosie_Caster - Harshlands Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    atleast make it so the luminance sin skill is worth getting now
    i got it the day before the price went to 1 coin, and it honestly seems like a waste of time getting
    if there was a way to unlearn skills i would unlearn spoils of war because its pointless now
  • damir550
    damir550 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    So is the new DQ SYSTEM coming or not?

If not can you please get the DQ MATS to cost something and not 1 coin

Here are some items that could be for DQ POINTS ----

~Mirage Celestone b:cool
    ~ Warsong Emblem
    ~ Warsong Medal
    ~ Apocalypse Page
    ~ Big-head Pill
    ~ Molds
    ~ TT MATS
    ~ Hyper EXP Stone
    ~ Warsong Essence lvl 8/9 (The cube you level up the genie)
    ~ Ultimate Substance

Ty if you read this post b:bye

From **** to wizard from wizard to blademaster,from blademaster to archer,from archer to cleric,from cleric to venomancer,from venomancer to barbarian,from barbarian to seeker,from seeker to mystic,from mystic to psyhic,from psyhic to assassin,from assassin to duskblade,from duskblade to stormbringers

They grow up so fast b:cry b:cry b:surrender
  • zombienationz
    zombienationz Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Surprised this thread wasn't closed ages ago, i imagine it went down like this.

Random china man: DefenderofDreams find way give false hope to the swines.
    DefenderofDreams: kay (makes dq thread)
    Everyone who posted: Aw man they do care =D

Some time later...

Random asian man: Yeah imma need you to bump this DQ thread under a player alias, seems we decided they spend to much time abusing our perfect botting system which was designed for actual chinaman, so yeah...
    DefenderofDreams: Kay!
    Everyone who posted: I swear to god if he takes my stapler one more time i'll burn the building down!

2015 rolls around
    Everyone who posted: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!$#@^%#$@$^
    Random china man: http://i.imgur.com/TOxZYt4.gif

For real tho just remove dq and close this thread
  • mzlogo
    mzlogo Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    PWE should take a GOOD look at this thread...an be ASHAMED. They have dragged it out to the point where even a mod who pretty much does more for them then probably all their ticket responders put together do has given up on the company. This is really sad. sparkiesoft, I have to say you and the GMs have become nothing but a huge disappointment. Sure I can't blame you for the **** ups with the server or the game...but it's YOUR job to keep us informed. Running around giving people false promises...or blatantly ignoring peoples consistent plea for information regarding something that was all but promised to us is really upsetting to see.

Yes, what zoner said. Why even start this thread knowing there would never be a response to it? Just to give us some busy work?

Not enough coins to even pay for repairs, let alone costs to port to dungeons. Of course we can spend MORE time farming = LESS time to play and enjoy.

If bots were supposedly the problem - duh - just limit bot earning time to 2 hours a day or whatever and don't punish live players because of bots. And where is the hope if pwi can't even control/stop illegal botting?

Wonder how long it will take us to realize this is a losing proposition and just give up?
    edited January 2015
    Options
    mzlogo wrote: »
    Yes, what zoner said. Why even start this thread knowing there would never be a response to it? Just to give us some busy work?

Not enough coins to even pay for repairs, let alone costs to port to dungeons. Of course we can spend MORE time farming = LESS time to play and enjoy.

If bots were supposedly the problem - duh - just limit bot earning time to 2 hours a day or whatever and don't punish live players because of bots. And where is the hope if pwi can't even control/stop illegal botting?

Wonder how long it will take us to realize this is a losing proposition and just give up?

The thread was started a while ago, when PWE was still trying to bring back some sort of a DQ Rewards system. Since then, they've pretty much guaranteed it's never coming back, but have reassured us on multiple occasions that they're going to come up with another way of compensating players for the loss of DQ coins and the removal of the DQ Rewards.

As for why this particular thread hasn't died yet... who knows?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Greetings PWI community,

We here on the PWI team have indeed been reading the forum posts/threads on this subject, and have been collecting as much information as we can for what's to come. We hear your voice, and know we are taking heed. However, I cannot give an exact date as to when the new system will be launched, as details are still changing due to the new system still being worked on.

We have not released a blog post (as of yet) on what's to come due to this reason. We rather not post something that is constantly changing every week, thus confusing everyone until the release of the new system.

As such, I can only at this point give out the following information:

-There is a new system being worked on to replace the DQ system

The reason we have decided to phase out the current DQ system, is that it frankly wasn't living up to our standards in terms of reliability and consistency. Many problems with the DQ point update system and reward redemption flow would all too often have issues, giving both you and us many headaches. Thus it has been decided to create a brand new system that can be much more stable for the future.

I will be updating this thread as I gain concrete information that I can pass on to you, the community.

Until that point, we'd love for you to give us your thoughts on what you personally would like to see in the new DQ system, because as has been mentioned, it has not been finalized yet.

We still have time to make changes before its release.

Please, discuss and I am open to PMs. (not only Genotypist!)

Updates:

-Current points will not carry over to the new system.
    -That being said, we WILL give ample warning for when the current DQ system will be taken down. You will have plenty of time to use the points you have acquired up to that point.

Originally Posted by DefenderofDreams 10-23-2013, 07:05 PM

Last edited by DefenderofDreams; 10-25-2013 at 05:58 PM

today is : 01-12-2015

lel at this b:bye