edited June 2013
  • Rubybeard - Archosaur
    Rubybeard - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wth triple post brokenass conection
  • Professor_X - Heavens Tear
    Professor_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    On the crystal map, do you get extra points for digging the crystals like you do when digging the flag?

Will the number of players per battle be increased in the new NW maps?

Where do you spawn if killed in the crystal map?
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    @Asterelle - I searched thread for posts by v4liance using the advanced search feature, nothing showed up about the forges not changing, its why I asked. Can you point me to his post please?
    NGTUy53.png

• Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    foley3k wrote: »
    @Asterelle - I searched thread for posts by v4liance using the advanced search feature, nothing showed up about the forges not changing, its why I asked. Can you point me to his post please?

Like I said before. China has always had a different exchange rate, which is the one people have been quoting. We since the beginning got a different exchange rate. So, if Val didn't say since the beginning that the exchange rate would change, and we have always had a diffrent exchange rate, what makes you think we are gonna get a new one now?

People are just panicking because they somehow found the exchange rate in China and thought that had been a change for the expansion, and then started to spread rumors right away.
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Don't you think it's hard for low levels finding squads because they're more interested in becoming frost babies and lvl'ing from 1 to 100 before they even learn basic skills?

I seem to recall a certain unintentional(?) change the devs made to frost a while back. Maybe you can recall when hypers were "accidentally" disabled in frost for a week. Do you recall what happened as a result of that? My, my...suddenly for a short time we all started seeing World Chat requests from low levels for their BHs. More low levels actually going out into the open map to quest, etc.

We know what the solution is to get more low levels engaged in aspects of the game designed for their level but for some odd reason people like you deny it even when we all saw it happen briefly for a week.

There is no need for more low level content. What is needed is to get rid of low levels hyper-leveling in frost. It's been proven that is the the best solution for your QQ.

You keep arguing me about frost, while I haven't mentioned it once. I do agree thare has to be something done about it, but it doesn't have much to do with what I was saying.

The unintentional change seem to have had better results on your servers. I only recall "wth is wrong with frost D: !" WC spams. I haven't noticed any BH increase, but maybe, if it would have been kept for longer or more people had no clue what was going on.

Low levels are not gonna get engaged, they are mostly alts or friends of high levels. Unless there's something really attractive about it. Which let's face it, there isn't. Especially for people who went trough it many times already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    On the crystal map, do you get extra points for digging the crystals like you do when digging the flag?

Probably. They should up the points for digging crystals/carrying flags... might stop people from literally ignoring these things the entire battle.

I would suspect 20vs20 still.

From the looks of the map, you will spawn at the farthest south/west or north/east points (the blue dot or orange dot), not in the internal circle. IJS if those areas are NOT safety zones, it's the perfect choke points to spawnkill to victory. I will be highly disappointed if the devs didn't think of this already.

Regarding NW token exchange rate, do you honestly think they could withstand the uuber rage that would come if the prices were altered to require MORE tokens to make cannies/raps? Ho ho even PW wouldn't be that stupid.
    This is why I don't pay any attention to the Chinese version. Sure it's nice to see things we 'might' get, but it's also prime territory to start panics.
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    He said to ask questions, so I asked. He answered people's questions that had asked after I did. I felt he over looked it, maybe for a reason?
    Just because he didn't say anything about the exchange rate changing, doesn't mean there won't be a change.
    It isn't a hard question to answer. Either yes, no, or not sure yet.
    NGTUy53.png

• Jallora - Sanctuary
    Jallora - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh my did you ever misunderstand. Venos are AMAZING, hence the insane amount of money we have pumped into them, but as far as our skill set goes, and the pets as they stand in game, the mystics got the better end of the deal. A mystic's pet level's up automatically with the mystic, venos have to spend hours leveling each pet. Mystic pet's are also dependent on their gear, which until this update goes in venos do not have that luxury. Basically, I paid $250 back in the day for an extra stun on my veno is what i am saying.

I've never found a mystic's summon, other than cragglord, to be half as powerful as a same level herc or other tank pet like a shikou valorian or glacial walker. Having the pet be based on the veno's gear may nerf their power and defense, I prefer the pets not based on gear.
  • lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Posts: 17
    edited June 2013

These are like the first real questions in 3 pages. This is not a QQ thread, it's for information. Val, can you please answer these?
  • v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    v4liance, Will there be any changes with the NW forges? (new items? different costs to manufacture raps or cannies?)

Not this time; the NW forges will be unchanged with this update.

Total supply tokens given out should still be based on the server size.

@Val
    Will the old SoT and Abaddon Tromphy Mode still be available? Or will the old medals be useless soon? If the old Trophy Modes will be still available I hope they fix the glitch when you start TM. Normally you have to waste 100 mirages (+ alot of time) and more till it works.
    Btw., starting SoT or Aba outside at entrance in Hell and Heaven is a bad idea on a pvp server. If you have to start new SoT and Aba there those spots will be camped soon . You better stay there 24h per day with an online GM for several weeks. Or make a safe zone around the NPC at entrances.

Trophy mode for SoT and Abaddon will definitely be in use, and are part of the update!

- Val
  • v4liance
    edited June 2013

1. Yep, you'll get extra points for activating crystals, but there'll be a max number of times that you can gain points for doing so.

2. I don't believe that the number of players per battle will be increased in the new maps; I'll update this if I learn differently. Sorry for not being able to give you a firm answer!

3. You can respawn at activated and owned crystal points, other than the central crystal location.

- Val
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Will we finally get some not US- exclusive NW times too...? b:cold
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Jailynn - Raging Tide
    Jailynn - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    v4liance,

can ya tell us if we will be able to farm badges in more than just warsong and lunar?
    its pretty boring that way and i like spamming all bhs would make sense if all bh100 dungeons had a Vile boss included(obv not delta that seems a lil stressful lol). and would stop ppl from rage quitting on sqds (mostly since no one cares about molds that are full t3+)
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Will we finally get some not US- exclusive NW times too...? b:cold

Val already answered this, the answer is he passed the request to the devs, nothing yet, not in this update certainly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    what would be interesting to know is, will we get the bigger map that is designed for cross server wars and will be super boring for us, or will we keep our current map, that is the most effective we can get atm?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    v4liance wrote: »
    2. I don't believe that the number of players per battle will be increased in the new maps; I'll update this if I learn differently. Sorry for not being able to give you a firm answer!

In PW-CN the map sizes are:

tower: 20v20
    flag: 30v30 (up from current 20v20)
    crystal: 40v40

those are the same sizes as they were when released on PW-JP too.

I doubt it would be any different for us since all the other NW rules are the same (we just have a different forge).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • v4liance
    edited June 2013

I doubt it would be any different for us since all the other NW rules are the same (we just have a different forge).

Thanks Asterelle!

Looks like I was mistaken, and my team also corrected me on that. These numbers should be accurate for the player limits for each map type.

- Val
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    I_sage_i - Harshlands Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    New equipment?
    The new equipment will not affect the full armor sets currently available, but will primarily appear in forms of new accessories.

does this mean there will be some balance between r9 3rd cast and full g16 or can a psy still hit someone for 76k? I'm guessing not since it's just accesories....tbh pwi till you fix the extream inbalance between cash shopers and non cash shoppers this game is just gonna continue to die off...nobody wants to get 1 shotted repeatedly by someone with either more money than brains or some kid with something to prove and daddy's credit card...over 3 years of playing and loved it up untill r9 came out the major unbalance began so pwi tries to correct it by making g16 but also improves r9...not just the attack levels but GoF and purify...like c'mon, I get that people spending tons of oney should get some advantages but giving them the right to do what ever they please to the average player knowing nothing can be done to stop them is just b.s there is no skill invovled in 1 shotting someone over and over, make them fight to or give us all god like powers b:angry

why should there be a balance between CSers and non-Csers..thats what i dont get about ppl. why should someone who pays for gear be on the same level as someone who doesnt pay? if PWI were to create a balance between CSers and non CSers then they would not make any profit. why because all of the CSers would stop paying to be on the same lvl as someone who didnt spend a dime.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    why should there be a balance between CSers and non-Csers..thats what i dont get about ppl. why should someone who pays for gear be on the same level as someone who doesnt pay? if PWI were to create a balance between CSers and non CSers then they would not make any profit. why because all of the CSers would stop paying to be on the same lvl as someone who didnt spend a dime.

People ask because it can be done. Not that has anything at all to do with this thread. If you would like to discuss CS balance, please create a new thread. Thanks.

@V4liance

Will the new pets require source of force or phoenix feathers in any way?

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Rubybeard - Archosaur
    Rubybeard - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited June 2013

wow PW japan has some good looking site b:laughb:laugh
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Will the weapon "Adversity" get a texture with this update?
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok, but what about the total number of territories in nation war? That's the only thing that concerns me. Will the number of territories be increased, Val?
  • v4liance
    edited June 2013
    @V4liance

The new pets won't require sources of force or phoenix feathers, but they will need to be acquired via other items.

More specific details of which items will be posted by 6/19.

- Val
  • eediot
    eediot Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mostly boring update except for veno pets. I have been able to steal aggro from my herc for a long time, both in human and fox form.

One thing I would like is to give back coin for DQ drops, and please increase the abysmal drop rate. 2X is just barely sufficient. Cash shop is about the only way to get good gear if you don't have 400 friends.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the new pets need an "updated SoF and PF" having checked out the cn server's items there are 4 new items I cannot identify, likely the 4 new pet items.

in other words, yes, more cash shop items that will need to be acquired
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    eediot wrote: »
    Mostly boring update except for veno pets. I have been able to steal aggro from my herc for a long time, both in human and fox form.

b:shocked Were veno pets ever supposed to out DD the veno itself? I don't get this notion that something that was designed to supplement and support the veno's DD was supposed to ever be considered the veno's primary DD output. I mean, a mob/boss is always supposed to aggro that which is dealing it the most damage regardless of source be it another class or a veno and her pet. I sure as hell wouldn't wan't my pets out DD'ing me with my 300K+ crits and all

With that said some pets have special skills available to steal aggro but it will not hold aggro unless it's dealing the most DD. So if you truly want your herc to keep aggro away from you then never upgrade to a weapon higher than a lvl 30 sword.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You keep arguing me about frost, while I haven't mentioned it once. I do agree thare has to be something done about it, but it doesn't have much to do with what I was saying.

Yes it does. It's the primary reason no low levels are doing BH or open world questing. As I said there is already plenty of quests for low levels. Don't expect low levels to get content updates such as Morai, AeU, NW, et al as the high levels have because low levels are going to outlevel them anyway. High levels get these types of content updates because there is no advancement beyond the 105 level cap and low levels will eventually get there anyway.

The unintentional change seem to have had better results on your servers. I only recall "wth is wrong with frost D: !" WC spams. I haven't noticed any BH increase, but maybe, if it would have been kept for longer or more people had no clue what was going on.

Apparently you didn't pay attention to the forums when there were entire threads from members of other servers discussing what I experienced in my server. LC was not unique regarding this.

Low levels are not gonna get engaged, they are mostly alts or friends of high levels. Unless there's something really attractive about it. Which let's face it, there isn't. Especially for people who went trough it many times already.

ROTFLMAO!!! And you thing more content is going to get these 'mostly alts or friends of high levels' engaged? Hardly so why would the devs waste time and money making content that alts and friends of high levels are never going to do because they're hell bent on hyper-noobing to 100+

The best way for any new PWI gamer to become a pro with their char is to make them go through the quests designed for their levels. I think it may be a problem if most of the low levels and even a good number of high levels are alts of other high levels anyway.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Badonkajonck - Archosaur
    Badonkajonck - Archosaur Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    He said to ask questions, so I asked. He answered people's questions that had asked after I did. I felt he over looked it, maybe for a reason?
    Just because he didn't say anything about the exchange rate changing, doesn't mean there won't be a change.
    It isn't a hard question to answer. Either yes, no, or not sure yet.

Make it staph please. D:

It has been answered before. Did you ever think he didn't answer because so many people have already said it?

It is a no. just a no. nothing less then a no. nothing more then a no.

Edit:Sorry I didn't read the next page with the responses. ._.
    I'm a Forest Eating Hippo.

Currently working in Secret Forrest Location on Arch.

Current Equipment:pwcalc.com/3290bcd3841dc936<-- Buffed
    (Tips/advice always welcomed)
This discussion has been closed.