PWI: Rising Call - Questions and Answers! [2013-06-12]

Options

Comments

• Suserak - Dreamweaver
    Suserak - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    b:angry Who are these people who play this game for years and worry about not advancing past level 90............

WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU DOING IN THIS GAME and WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF STAYING PERMA LEVEL 80?!?!?!
    I can't speak for other perma-newb levels, but for me... it's mainly OCD. Allow me to explain.

I have 56 characters over the 7 accounts I made before the 2-account maximum rule. I started playing before Dreamweaver existed. I think 2 accounts back then. After that, I got hooked on the character creation system. I loved making new characters. Dreamweaver opened, so I started there to get a fresh start on everything. To start seriously playing. I created characters just to reserve names. Then I went on to customize them and create more, just to have because I thought they looked neat.

A good thing I didn't start creating them on other servers, as the next thing I started doing was getting the urge to play them all. And this was before my main reached level 30. I started trying different builds for each character in an attempt to have a different experience with each one of a single class. Because when you have 8 BMs, why not try out one BM each restricted to only one weapon? That still leaves 4 other BMs unrestricted. That was my mentality.

Closing on the Tideborn expansion, things got a little complicated for me. I took a couple months break, and got the motivation to actually get to level 50. But on my 50+ character, after an incident with FB59, I became a quest completionist. Yes, I started getting OCD to finish every single quest. On 56 characters. Currently with a main that is only level 70. Buuut to be honest, not every one of my 56 characters have seen this OCD leveling streak; Those characters are still level 1.

Recently, I had seen my characters in disarray, but have committed to two characters. One playing solo, and the other leveling with my best friend when we're both on. But my goal was to try just getting every character up to the current divisible-by-10 level(40, 50, 60, etc, but level 1s stay at 1 for now) and clear their quest backlog, as well as to get a stack of BHs done and ready to turn in whenever I got around to leveling that specific character. This goal still hasn't been met, so the two characters I've dedicated my play to haven't seen much actual dedication because of my determination to meet my last unreasonable goal. The recent announcement(well more like the discovery of PWC's system) that the pet leveling system would be updated for easier Veno pet leveling will help greatly, but my two mains will have to wait for a while longer to see the level 80s, Morai, and the other endgame content that awaits me.

I just got back from yet another break. I have over a dozen anniversary mounts including purple foxes and one red snake on this account. I have tons of at-level decent gear, including 20+ Dreamchaser pack gear sets. I have very reasonable endgame gear goals(being a PvE-only player apparently makes it that much easier). A good deal of my legion is ready to get going onward to level 105. If all goes as planned, I won't be stuck in the lowbie levels for long. =)

(I'm gonna have to copypasta this post for future reference)
    This is beginning to disturb the few brain cells I have left......The ENTIRE point of the game is to PLAY the game. You ADVANCE in levels. They need to add new content and raise the level cap for the MULTITUDES of players who are at or near the level cap and have had nothing to do for years now because they have been catering to you Forest Gump hybrid children who think they are supposed to enshrine the game at or near level 80 and never use any of the other content =.=
    No need to get mad about it. People have their reasons why they stagnate in level. Some insane reasons, some not. But it's only a game. It shouldn't be taken so seriously.
    Completely agree with this. The content for levels below 100 is just to get to 100. Even if we had a healthy amount of new players, we would still have most of our people in the levels 100+. That's why wan-mei makes content mostly for these players. And yeah, what's the point of being below 100????
    People enjoy stopping to smell the roses. Nothing wrong with that. It's a game, after all. It's meant to be enjoyed, however the individual sees fit outside of cheating.

New Quests

Venture out and tackle the new quests available at levels 50 through 80. Where will your next adventure take you? ER

why in the hell would you be adding new quests in for lvl 50 to 80
    has it is you can lvl from 1 to 70 in under 2 weeks with just quests alone and still skip alot of things out ( most ppl will just FFC there away pasted this anyways).

really it should be lvl 80+ getting newer quests
    I disagree. Powerleveling don't teach you how to use your class.

Granted questing(as it is now without squads) don't do more than teach you how to tediously spam one or two skills, but other things along the way you wouldn't get a chance to do like lowbie BHs would at least teach you how to be a part of a team. Assuming of course that you don't get a high level to run you through even that...
  • EmeraldFire - Lost City
    EmeraldFire - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    No, it's a rip off from Final Fantasy Chronicles

Well the meridian system is another blatant FF rip off...SPHERE GRID anyone????????

Although I am not complaining because honestly, FF is one of my all time favorite games, so the addition of some of it's content works for me. At least we already somewhat know what to do with the content anyway.
  • Markhor - Dreamweaver
    Markhor - Dreamweaver Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Well the meridian system is another blatant FF rip off...SPHERE GRID anyone????????

Although I am not complaining because honestly, FF is one of my all time favorite games, so the addition of some of it's content works for me. At least we already somewhat know what to do with the content anyway.

Sphere grids would be awesome! ijs... wouldn't you want to put an archer in the Gunslinger dress sphere? b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I can't speak for other perma-newb levels, but for me... it's mainly OCD. Allow me to explain.

I have 56 characters over the 7 accounts I made before the 2-account maximum rule. I started playing before Dreamweaver existed. I think 2 accounts back then. After that, I got hooked on the character creation system. I loved making new characters. Dreamweaver opened, so I started there to get a fresh start on everything. To start seriously playing. I created characters just to reserve names. Then I went on to customize them and create more, just to have because I thought they looked neat.

A good thing I didn't start creating them on other servers, as the next thing I started doing was getting the urge to play them all. And this was before my main reached level 30. I started trying different builds for each character in an attempt to have a different experience with each one of a single class. Because when you have 8 BMs, why not try out one BM each restricted to only one weapon? That still leaves 4 other BMs unrestricted. That was my mentality.

Closing on the Tideborn expansion, things got a little complicated for me. I took a couple months break, and got the motivation to actually get to level 50. But on my 50+ character, after an incident with FB59, I became a quest completionist. Yes, I started getting OCD to finish every single quest. On 56 characters. Currently with a main that is only level 70. Buuut to be honest, not every one of my 56 characters have seen this OCD leveling streak.; Those characters are still level 1.

Recently, I had seen my characters in disarray, but have committed to two characters. One playing solo, and the other leveling with my best friend when we're both on. But my goal was to try just getting every character up to the current divisible-by-10 level(40, 50, 60, etc, but level 1s stay at 1 for now) and clear their quest backlog, as well as to get a stack of BHs done and ready to turn in whenever I got around to leveling that specific character. This goal still hasn't been met, so the two characters I've dedicated my play to haven't seen much actual dedication because of my determination to meet my last unreasonable goal. The recent announcement(well more like the discovery of PWC's system) that the pet leveling system would be updated for easier Veno pet leveling will help greatly, but my two mains will have to wait for a while longer to see the level 80s, Morai, and the other endgame content that awaits me.

I just got back from yet another break. I have over a dozen anniversary mounts including purple foxes and one red snake on this account. I have tons of at-level decent gear, including 20+ Dreamchaser pack gear sets. I have very reasonable endgame gear goals(being a PvE-only player apparently makes it that much easier). A good deal of my legion is ready to get going onward to level 105. If all goes as planned, I won't be stuck in the lowbie levels for long. =)

(I'm gonna have to copypasta this post for future reference)

No need to get mad about it. People have their reasons why they stagnate in level. Some insane reasons, some not. But it's only a game. It shouldn't be taken so seriously.

I had to LOL @ this......................You might want to seek professional help for that OCD, they make pills for that now =D
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Sphere grids would be awesome! ijs... wouldn't you want to put an archer in the Gunslinger dress sphere? b:laugh

^5 this
  • Suserak - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I had to LOL @ this......................You might want to seek professional help for that OCD, they make pills for that now =D
    b:laugh that might be a good idea!
  • Markhor - Dreamweaver
    Markhor - Dreamweaver Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    On a totally unrelated note... my avatar icon says I'm only lvl 19, but I'm really 82.... anyone know why that is?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • metalmana
    metalmana Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Will the bidding hall be updated with Seeker and Mystic mastery ?

I never saw any mystic or seeker mastery in the bidding hall
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited June 2013
    Options
    On a totally unrelated note... my avatar icon says I'm only lvl 19, but I'm really 82.... anyone know why that is?
    Sometimes it doesn't update properly, change your icon to a different toon and then change it back. if that fails, send in a ticket.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    Options
    b:angry Who are these people who play this game for years and worry about not advancing past level 90............

WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU DOING IN THIS GAME and WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF STAYING PERMA LEVEL 80?!?!?!

This is beginning to disturb the few brain cells I have left......The ENTIRE point of the game is to PLAY the game. You ADVANCE in levels. They need to add new content and raise the level cap for the MULTITUDES of players who are at or near the level cap and have had nothing to do for years now because they have been catering to you Forest Gump hybrid children who think they are supposed to enshrine the game at or near level 80 and never use any of the other content =.=
    Just wanted to point something out here.... (and I know I've said it before in this forum a few times.)
    The Short answer....
    There will be no raise to the level cap ever for existing servers.

Now for the long answer....

When Archosaur group was originally developing the game, it was designed with a level cap of 150.
    When Wanmei purchased it from Archosaur Group and were pushing the partially-developed game for release, they made some changes to make up for the lack of content past level 119.

Primarily, this was to compress the experience required for levels 100-150 into level 100-105. They then re-structured the quests and cultivation's into what we have now.
    The experience table has a maximum limit for the total amount of experience. This limit cannot be exceeded.
    So basically, instead of just setting a soft cap at 105 to allow for later expansion, they re-structured the table to completely remove the higher levels.
    This means it takes a lot longer to go from 100 to 105 that it would originally have because you are basically having to get the experience for 50 levels.

If Wanmei were to attempt to re-structure the tables, to expand the levels, it would corrupt the existing structure for all of the existing characters and make the majority of the accounts unplayable. By "unplayable", I mean that you would not even be able to log into the account, much less not be able to log into the characters.
    "How do I know this", you ask?
    Because I've done it.

The only way to increase the level cap is to create a new server with a different exp table structure. We aren't getting any new servers anytime soon. in fact, it would be a better idea to start merging some of the ones we have. (Personally, just merge em together, make em PvP servers, and change the level switchover from 30 to 100.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Serafemme - Lost City
    Serafemme - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    (Personally, just merge em together, make em PvP servers, and change the level switchover from 30 to 100.)

Seems like a great idea to me. In addition to the forcing at 100, maybe set it from 30-99 to allow you to switch it on and off like the PvE servers do? Or do you think that would be a bit too complicated to pull off?
  • Jailynn - Raging Tide
    Jailynn - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    v4liance,

can ya tell us if we will be able to farm badges in more than just warsong and lunar?
    its pretty boring that way and i like spamming all bhs would make sense if all bh100 dungeons had a Vile boss included(obv not delta that seems a lil stressful lol). and would stop ppl from rage quitting on sqds (mostly since no one cares about molds that are full t3+)

answer pls Val!
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Training mode (lvl 100) will allow you to evolve pets and change their personality types (30 types)
    Pets at level 100 will be based off their summoner like with EG pets; legendary pets (lvl 100) can traverse land/air/water just like EG pets

QUESTION:

Does this mean phoenix can now be used in caves and dungeons?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    QUESTION:

Does this mean phoenix can now be used in caves and dungeons?

All legendary pets, both new and old, will be able to go on land, air and water so yes, you can summon them anywhere.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Seems like a great idea to me. In addition to the forcing at 100, maybe set it from 30-99 to allow you to switch it on and off like the PvE servers do? Or do you think that would be a bit too complicated to pull off?
    I'd have to poke around the config for my server to see if it's possible. It might not be with the way the code works, but then again, it may just be because I haven't seen the proper hook to use. I might poke around with that while I'm working on my server this weekend.
    All legendary pets, both new and old, will be able to go on land, air and water so yes, you can summon them anywhere.
    A herc flying... That I have got to see.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Not sure if this was asked, but kinda lost track around page 30. What will drop books now if those bosses have been replaced in sot/abba.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Suserak - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Options
    If he's flapping his arms really hard to fly, that'll make the whole content update worth it.
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I have a question that comes from the purify thread that was closed

Will "purify" problem be addressed in this expansion? Its an important issue to many people and a lot of people including myself have quit over it. I waited until the next expansion to see if anything at all would be done.

Can this be answered please?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

I'm really curious about this too...and at the same time afraid of what I might see b:shocked
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

Looks like my 95 veno will have a reason to level again. I got tired of not being able to use Phoenix in caves, made it's price worthless.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I have a question that comes from the purify thread that was closed

Will "purify" problem be addressed in this expansion? Its an important issue to many people and a lot of people including myself have quit over it. I waited until the next expansion to see if anything at all would be done.

Can this be answered please?

Use your comprehension skills to find the answer b:chuckle
  • Serafemme - Lost City
    Serafemme - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I'd have to poke around the config for my server to see if it's possible. It might not be with the way the code works, but then again, it may just be because I haven't seen the proper hook to use. I might poke around with that while I'm working on my server this weekend.

That would be a pretty cool thing if it ends up being possible.
    If he's flapping his arms really hard to fly, that'll make the whole content update worth it.

I would be laughing too much to pay attention to anything else going on. Imagine the big fatty flying up to max altitude in NW behind his veno. b:laugh
  • $WetDream$ - Lost City
    $WetDream$ - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Every dont count your chickens until they hatch ..remember lst time (morai) and how completely stoopid that was maybe this time they have got it right and make my r93c gears and wep worth the money and put bigger badder mob/bosses to kill so yeah holding off the woots till i see it for real Please make me intrested in playing this game again PWI CNb:surrender
  • $WetDream$ - Lost City
    $WetDream$ - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Whats even funnier is all the people with there 2 cents to put in and thinking there a GM or sumfin because reading these forums a lot of you talk so much poo about whats getting released and whats not,,,why dont you let the gms tell people instead of makeing people think what you have typed is going to happen....maybe go and play on CN server and see for yourselfs again...HOPE THIS IS WORTH MY 10k I SPENT LAST YEAR ON THIS GAMEb:angry
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    For Val:

According to some youtube sources regarding the revamped fb 99 instances Abad and SoT, many of the bosses seems to be new. How will this affect the lvl 99 sage/demon cultivation boss kill quests required to learn the lvl 99 skills and beyond?
  • Fonderton - Archosaur
    Fonderton - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    according to the gms there will be a way to permanently increase stats but is this going to be limited to some degree? because if one was to increase their stats to godlike powers even a level 1 could be an over powered freak
    imagine a level 1 running around with 500 stamina....mama mia
    and is the stats going to be gained via items or something else because items would be so cheap and easy and make the game boring...i personally wouldn't reccomend that but thats just me(so that way peeps don't become so godlike that hell doesn't break out from pk issues in places like secret passage again...just in case they do allow that again...cause it was a really big issue unless those the gms want to confirm that pk in the passage will never be allowed again)

just some questions that came right off my head that i had to ask...not that i expect an answer as it is the gms own choice to respond to any1 afterall b:victory
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    according to the gms there will be a way to permanently increase stats but is this going to be limited to some degree? because if one was to increase their stats to godlike powers even a level 1 could be an over powered freak
    imagine a level 1 running around with 500 stamina....mama mia
    and is the stats going to be gained via items or something else because items would be so cheap and easy and make the game boring...i personally wouldn't reccomend that but thats just me(so that way peeps don't become so godlike that hell doesn't break out from pk issues in places like secret passage again...just in case they do allow that again...cause it was a really big issue unless those the gms want to confirm that pk in the passage will never be allowed again)

just some questions that came right off my head that i had to ask...not that i expect an answer as it is the gms own choice to respond to any1 afterall b:victory

That's the Meridian system, and it isn't even available until level 40, and there are definite limits on HP, defense and attack boosts, which are class specific.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Elosyadar - Sanctuary
    Elosyadar - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I may be the only one playing a non-pvp server who feels this way, but I chose to play this game years ago in a non-pvp server because that's the sort of game I like to play.

Now, it seems one of two things is happening:

1. Either the developers are PUSHING pvp on non-pvp servers, or
    2. PvM content (new dungeons, areas, etc.) is being seriously neglected.

I would really like a sincere answer to the question: are the PWI devs abandoning people who play this game for PvM on non-PvP servers? Or will there be future expansions that provide more content for people like me who joined PWI in non-PvP servers for a reason?
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I may be the only one playing a non-pvp server who feels this way, but I chose to play this game years ago in a non-pvp server because that's the sort of game I like to play.

Now, it seems one of two things is happening:

1. Either the developers are PUSHING pvp on non-pvp servers, or
    2. PvM content (new dungeons, areas, etc.) is being seriously neglected.

I would really like a sincere answer to the question: are the PWI devs abandoning people who play this game for PvM on non-PvP servers? Or will there be future expansions that provide more content for people like me who joined PWI in non-PvP servers for a reason?

pvp = constant charm, crab, herb, def/atk charm burn, high gear requirement, heavy apoth burn, heavy genie burn, heavy g scroll burn, essentially heavy everything burn that cost money

there's your answer
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Ok heres my question since I can't focus to read every little thing, and I'd like a response directly from Hey, You! and not someone who thinks they know it. Exactly how are the +2 atk level shards made?
This discussion has been closed.