FULL guild how to pk as a mystic

Options
13»

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

The great thing about the Mystic char is it doesn't quite fit in any one single box. There's more than one way to build, gear and play it.

I do think that mystic is not a one-trick pony in the way they can play many roles, but the mystic need to use the good skills if he want to be good at playing different roles.

Mystic is versatile for the fact that they can be a main healer, a support DD or both in the same time, not in the way that he can use his skills in different way.

Using cragg in PVP is stupid nvm which role the mystic is playing.

Mystic can afford a different build than the classic pure magic AA cause it's a support class like cleric and veno. That's for PVP/TW ofc, cause LA and HA for a PVE mystic would be stupid unless the person have a bm/barb/sin/archer as main and use the same gears.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    klys wrote: »
    you don't think game mechanics are fact?

go use rapid growth, summon something and look at the stats- then repeat without rapid growth.

FACT.

So what? What about your fact? I still dont agree with it. Im DDing while I use my Craggy, or Mistress, or Devil. They draw their power from my magic attack. I do not believe that when my Magic Attack is higher, that my Summons is not.

You very well may be technically right in your interpretation of mechanics based on your prespective; but in either case, it still serves a purpose.

use absorb soul on somewith 10k pdef, then use it on someone with 30k pdef, compare damage.

FACT.

Again, so what? This is purely according to personal perspective. Which do you prefer - easy kills or a challenge? I had a lot of fun beating on that massive rock of a catabarb that is Tony in TW.

Have a barb, or anyone hold still. Summon cragg, attack, take note of damage/time. Repeat using nv or a combo move. Compare damage.

FACT.

Uh huh, if I am DDing, and Craggy, or Stormy, or Devil is DDing, how could OUR damage NOT be higher than mine alone? Especially if all Im allowed to do is spam NV...

ask your team if theyd rather have a couple hundred dmg added to a cat barb or a sealed/frozen/out of place cat barb.

FACT.

Situational at best here. The video clearly shows a kitty parked in a base. I'd agree with you if the situation was confronting a push down a lane.

edit

nice way to misquote me

Okay, whatever. Have they released any new TWs/NWs yet?
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Brillance wrote:
    So what? What about your fact? I still dont agree with it. Im DDing while I use my Craggy, or Mistress, or Devil. They draw their power from my magic attack. I do not believe that when my Magic Attack is higher, that my Summons is not.

You very well may be technically right in your interpretation of mechanics based on your prespective; but in either case, it still serves a purpose.

Brillance, please stop posting. You are a complete moron.

Game mechanics are not a matter of perspective. They follow the same rules no matter which player is using them.

This is easily verifiable. Go to the damage test dummy and summon your Cragglord to see its damage. Then Rapid Growth and summon again to see if there is a difference. I encourage any player reading this topic to do the same thing so that they know who to listen to in this conversation. (Hint: not Brillance)
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Brillance, please stop posting. You are a complete moron.

Game mechanics are not a matter of perspective. They follow the same rules no matter which player is using them.

This is easily verifiable. Go to the damage test dummy and summon your Cragglord to see its damage. Then Rapid Growth and summon again to see if there is a difference. I encourage any player reading this topic to do the same thing so that they know who to listen to in this conversation. (Hint: not Brillance)

I'm not going to log in just to use a test dummy, or test something that doesnt amount to much in regard to an important point. Dont listen to me. Dont use your summons and spells and learn how to play them. I'm a moron. Just spam NV and heal. Thats all any Mystic is good for. I think I got it down now.

I encourage any player using these forums to call people names, and do nothing but troll them. Its all anyone else does, unless you are one of the few people they call a 'friend'.

Its good advice though CapnK, Ill give ya that. Nothing to see here but a bunch of swollen heads anyway. b:chuckle

The Veno-Main Troll Forum - Welcome!
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Eh..klys was talking about game mechanics, not his personal opinion or perspective on the Mystic skills and whatnot. Game mechanics apply to every single person.

His point was that Absorb Soul deals physical damage so it's just stupid to use it against Heavy Armor classes when magic attacks clearly deal much more damage for the obvious reasons that Heavy Armor classes have lower magic defence. This is why people assign Wizards (and any other high magic DD) to kill catapult Barbarians in TW.

This isn't about "making a challenge" you use Absorb Soul on a HA class and they'll kill you because you didn't manage to kill them first.

Game mechanics reveal that summons' stats are not affected by buffs of any kind. If you think Rapid Growth effects your summons then log on, test, report and show proof. If you want to convince someone of such things then you do need to test and come back with your findings.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Eh..klys was talking about game mechanics, not his personal opinion or perspective on the Mystic skills and whatnot. Game mechanics apply to every single person.

His point was that Absorb Soul deals physical damage so it's just stupid to use it against Heavy Armor classes when magic attacks clearly deal much more damage for the obvious reasons that Heavy Armor classes have lower magic defence. This is why people assign Wizards (and any other high magic DD) to kill catapult Barbarians in TW.

This isn't about "making a challenge" you use Absorb Soul on a HA class and they'll kill you because you didn't manage to kill them first.

Game mechanics reveal that summons' stats are not affected by buffs of any kind. If you think Rapid Growth effects your summons then log on, test, report and show proof. If you want to convince someone of such things then you do need to test and come back with your findings.

Thanks Desdi, but why should I try to convince anyone of anything? Im not being snotty here - Im serious.

I have fun playing any game. Sure, I want to be as good as I can. Who says I have to prove Im pro, especially since Im well under-geared?

Did I even say I was pro? Nope, never have. I show what I have done, and right away Im a moron.

I have enjoyed the Mystic very much. Could have walked away from the game over a year ago, IF it wasnt for this fine character.

I presented that I have a use for a summon that many discount - and, along with that I am discounted. I should use my level 10 thicket instead - or, just be happy to alt heal. It's all good. Just more proof that my time has come and gone.

Barbs, no matter how well geared still take damage from AS. Even Tony will come to about a third dead after a hit from little under-geared me. NV will not do that alone, but it will amp AS when AS is cast after NV, which Im sure you already know, but ijs for the point of discussion.

Anyway, nice to 'talk' to someone for once. Maybe the Mystic's time is done, and it has been nerfed into a single box, and I've just been blissfully unaware of that.

Happy PWIing!
  • tanksex
    tanksex Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    brill i just want to tell you that you can have a point by using absorb soul on heavy HP cata barbs if they invoke and have almast loooow hp why ??
    because AS dosen't get affected by invoke also

if your trying to kill a heavy HP cata barb you can use the combo the guy up in the post said "1st) Energy leach storm mistress->cloud eruption->triple spark->rapid growth
    -> Lucky break->Weeping Breeze Dance This should hit really hard"
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Ok about that combo NV->rapid growth->AS on a barb, in TW it's really stupid since usually in TW barbs are fully buffed and in tiger/panda form, but if you try it on a unbuffed barb in human form (no bm and cleric buff) AS actually do more damage than NV.

Go around duel bms, unbuffed, buffed, in p.marrow, m.marrow and no marrow, barb buffed, unbuffed, in tiger/panda form, in human form. You will be surprise that in some occasion AS do more damage even if barbs and bms are HA.

But yea in TW on a fully buffed cata barb in tiger/barb form AS is stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Ok about that combo NV->rapid growth->AS on a barb, in TW it's really stupid since usually in TW barbs are fully buffed and in tiger/panda form, but if you try it on a unbuffed barb in human form (no bm and cleric buff) AS actually do more damage than NV.

Go around duel bms, unbuffed, buffed, in p.marrow, m.marrow and no marrow, barb buffed, unbuffed, in tiger/panda form, in human form. You will be surprise that in some occasion AS do more damage even if barbs and bms are HA.

Wasn't that the case when AS ignored def lvls? If your HA opponent had some def lvls higher then the difference of his physical and magical defence in % then AS would've done more damage. But nowadays I didn't think that can still be a possibility except for magical marrowed BMs.
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
  • tanksex
    edited June 2013
    Options

yeah that what i meant to say if the barb gets purged and he invokes i would go for the AS
  • tanksex
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Wasn't that the case when AS ignored def lvls? If your HA opponent had some def lvls higher then the difference of his physical and magical defence in % then AS would've done more damage. But nowadays I didn't think that can still be a possibility except for magical marrowed BMs.

Umm most barb would go for vit stones .most barbs have vit stones but also would do more damage if you hit AS ( if the invoke )instead of vengeance or tornado or any magic skill...
    edited June 2013
    Options

As far as I know lvl 1-10 AS still ignore def lvl and not lvl 11.

I did tried it before, but I tried again today before make my post on 2 R9rr barb unbuffed and in human form AS was doing more damage than NV and in tiger/panda form without buffs that was a similar damage, but buffed (bm and cleric buffs) NV did more damage than AS.

I did tried a while ago on a bm without marrow and AS was doing more damage than NV.

Don't forget that AS is powerful and do 2x damage with NV plus a chance of 1.3x. AS is physical and NV magical, but if you was using both on someone with the exact same p.def than m.def AS would do a lot more damage cause it's more powerful than NV.

Just test it you will see, but as I said in TW barbs are in tiger/panda form and buffed so yes in that case AS would be stupid on a cata barb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited June 2013
    Options
    tanksex wrote: »
    brill i just want to tell you that you can have a point by using absorb soul on heavy HP cata barbs if they invoke and have almast loooow hp why ??
    because AS dosen't get affected by invoke also

if your trying to kill a heavy HP cata barb you can use the combo the guy up in the post said "1st) Energy leach storm mistress->cloud eruption->triple spark->rapid growth
    -> Lucky break->Weeping Breeze Dance This should hit really hard"

Well, back in the day (as if Ive been playing this game forever lol), AS would ignore most Def levels, but thats really not the case anymore. There is a new mechanic that seemed to come along with recasting gears that makes that ability dependent on Attack and Defence levels as they relate to the individual Mystic and any given opponent(s) and their ratio with one another.

Take me for example...Im regular or under-geared. But, my AS is level 11 (and has been level 11 since before that change in the mechanic). It seems if I had kept my AS at level 10 all along, I might still be okay with going through most Def levels. But since I spent the cash to get level 11, Im actually nerfed in that regard now, depending on how well geared my opponent is (and, at this point, just about everyone of my level that still plays is better geared than me).

AS still does good damage for me. Idk, maybe I has a fairy god Veno in TW that keeps me secretly amped when I use AS, but its still one of my best spells. Honestly, I still had a lot of fun in TW because of the nature of the Mystic.

Run around respawning, randomly healing and buffing on my back to my opponents base. Sleeping, and stunning as much of a squad as I could with my plants.

I rarely have a summon out in TW unless I intend to use it. If your flying, it doesnt matter to have it out - your flyer will betray the fact a big bucket of squish is nearby; but on foot, the summon is like carrying a flag to relay that same message. I did what I felt the Mystic was meant to do - created chaos, and momentarily interrupted whatever the plan was.

On a lane, definately push the Cata back with BT. You just interrupted the plan for a second - if you manage to get him and some of his catasquad slept or stunned, you add a few more seconds of interruption to whatever the plan was.

Before the Tower Update, I used to be one of the first over the opponents wall. Now, Im forced to play second or back-line, and even then its more to heal and buff.

I dont mind healing, but if I knew the char would be relagated to an alt heal source intirely, and I actually wanted to primarily heal - I would have rolled a cleric.

Tried for over a month to get help on culti - couldnt, so I dont have the level 100 spells yet. I also dont have level 11 Verdant Shell or Thicket. About a year or so ago, I saw them on the AH regularly. Now, never...never ever.

Tried several times to solo Taoya, but couldnt do it. Lag or that 'mob interrupt update' made spamming myself with heals while still fighting impossible. The guy is fast, one-pointed, and can easily 1-shot me. Plants and summons dont get a chance to interrupt him hardly at all.

My Mystic grew up believing it had choices to make on how to play. It grew up believing it could DD, and go through most defense levels. It grew up believing my role in TW was to create chaos - interrupt the plan. Support with DD AND heals, and debuffs, and summons.
    It was an awesome char to play the first year it came out. It felt powerful and unstoppable, yet vulnerable. Like watching David beat on Goliath or something, and somehow little David wins. xD

None of that seems to be the case anymore.

The biggest disappointment of all can when I found out the Purify Proc for R8 recast was only half as good as the proc on R9rr. Ofc, it makes sense that it would NOT be as good - but not knowing that allowed a reguvinating spark of hope - which was squashed in a split second.

I know there are some Demon Mystics out there that feel Craglord is so useless, he's not worth taking beyond level 1.

I also know there are some Demon Mystics that DO use their Craglord, when the time is right. If a Mystic can't be bothered, and find it more advantageous to try to convince the world not to use it.

In the end, okay. If Im not playing, I shouldn't really care, afterall. Whatever those that do still play want should be just fine with me.

Anyway, the info is there. If people wanna be adventurous, and think they can benefit from, or pull any of it off, then it might be fun for them to try. If not, they don't have to try. Nothing stupid about it. It's pretty simple really.

:)

Oh P.S. I use Rapid Growth before AS to cut the channeling time. I have -36% channeling, but it still cut the cast time more. :D
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    edited June 2013
    Options
    As far as I know lvl 1-10 AS still ignore def lvl and not lvl 11.

I did tried it before, but I tried again today before make my post on 2 R9rr barb unbuffed and in human form AS was doing more damage than NV and in tiger/panda form without buffs that was a similar damage, but buffed (bm and cleric buffs) NV did more damage than AS.

I did tried a while ago on a bm without marrow and AS was doing more damage than NV.

Don't forget that AS is powerful and do 2x damage with NV plus a chance of 1.3x. AS is physical and NV magical, but if you was using both on someone with the exact same p.def than m.def AS would do a lot more damage cause it's more powerful than NV.

Just test it you will see, but as I said in TW barbs are in tiger/panda form and buffed so yes in that case AS would be stupid on a cata barb.

Riight lvl 11 AS xD. My mind just totally cast aside the other lvls for a sec.

And right I get your point now, comparing some numbers. I suppose the "crit" AS gets from using nv and the extra damage it does compared to the other skill compensates for the HA opponent's natural pdef over mdef (aka unbuffed). Interesting stuff.
    edited June 2013
    Options
    It's like....you're the most committed troll on the forum- but you're subtle about it.

Hey guys, i think im going to start a new thread: Full guide on how not to play a mystic

The entirety of the thread will be-

STEP 1- read all of Brilliance's posts
    STEP 2- implement her "advice"
    STEP 3- enjoy

Do the Three Step Program, cause klys says so, lol. Thanks for the support mate. xD

I guess you have your summons out all the time in TW, right? No one says, "Oh look, a squishy mage class that heals! We better kill that!"

Nope, no one kills healers in TW. There is an unwritten agreement between all TW factions -

"Do NOT kill healers!"

Same with pets/summons. "Leave 'em be!" b:chuckle

In reality, the summons drop like flies. If someone did TW with their summon out all the time, that was not R9rr, they wouldn't have time to do anything but keep resummoning - unless they are one of those players that likes to park their char somewhere obscure for the entire TW, and hopes no one ever notices. It will stay out nicely for you then klys. It will be nice and healthy too by the end of the TW. b:victory

Although Im sure healing and throwing an occasional thicket is a blast for some peeps, wont be enough to keep everyone entertained. Not everyone is as easy to please as you are. *winks*
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Keep the devil out always on defense mode with skull bash activated, unless you're fighting some1 with a purify weapon ( then keep it on manual)
    -Sin pops on you, free defensive stun
    -some1 attacks you without you being ready for it, devil stun gives you time to react.
    -want to engage a psy with soul of stunning up? let the devil attack first
    -want to engage an archer? send the devil at them as you kite their range
    -about to finish some1 off, but see another enemy coming to crash the party? send the devil at the newcomer to give you time to finish what you're doing.
    -have sucky dd in general? spam summon devil from the back lines to more or less chain lock a priority target, so your team can kill it.
    -fast cheap way to stop a flag, or someone digging a crystal so you can save your chi for the dd needed to kill them or for a continuous lock.
    -have sins/bms/barbs all over your face, genie in cd? leech the devil
    -stun whatever is attacking your healing target

these methods become almost ineffective if you have to stop and summon the devil

you're an extremely dense individual who knows little about playing a mystic.

You do nothing but throw out sob stories or flame other people whenever your BS is called out. It's impossible for you to respond with logic or reason because you have none. You need to gtfo these mystic forums and stop trolling the mystics coming here for actual advice.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Guys, feel free to disagree with each other but please do not flame. And please stay on topic.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Keep the devil out always on defense mode with skull bash activated, unless you're fighting some1 with a purify weapon ( then keep it on manual)
    -some1 attacks you without you being ready for it, devil stun gives you time to react.

This is all true, except you need to be alone and not DDing anything for it work. In a crowd, its a different story. Do you really find only one player trying to kill you? That's a rare thing in the TWs Ive been in. Most people on my server have a thing for killing healers.

Okay.

Does that work? Ive always heard the trick to fighting an Archer is getting right up in there. Close range. I dont know since a recent update, but Ive never had an issue engaging Archers.

-about to finish some1 off, but see another enemy coming to crash the party? send the devil at the newcomer to give you time to finish what you're doing.

Yeah, Ive chased a few sins off with my manual Mistress too.

-have sucky dd in general? spam summon devil from the back lines to more or less chain lock a priority target, so your team can kill it.

Why not sleep or stun it, so my team can kill it? In fact, why not sleep or stun it so I can kill it? Btw, if you sleep or stun it with a plant, and its team is near it, you might sleep and stun them too. lol.

-fast cheap way to stop a flag, or someone digging a crystal so you can save your chi for the dd needed to kill them or for a continuous lock.

Im Sage. Saving Chi is not a priority. There's usually more than 1 person going for the flag. Plants are good for that too.

BT doesnt only work on barbs, its great for popping sins too. If you can DD, it gives you enough time to kill them too.

Im not primarily a healing Mystic. I usually heal mass amounts of players on lanes when Im returning to the middle after a respawn. Click heal and buff on the run. You dont have to be in my squad to get healed.

Your tactics are probably not bad for you, but they arent the only things a Mystic can do.

<Insert appropriate childish personal insults here in retort>

Let's see how fairly the rest of this conversation goes. b:chuckle
  • klys
    edited June 2013
    Options

This is all true, except you need to be alone and not DDing anything for it work. In a crowd, its a different story. Do you really find only one player trying to kill you? That's a rare thing in the TWs Ive been in. Most people on my server have a thing for killing healers.

What does not dding have anything to do with usefulness of a summon? a crowd is the best place for using it because it is the place you're most likely not going to see some1 attacking you. when multiple try to kill you, and one is disabled by the devil, that is better than 0 people disabled. what does healing have to do with any of this?

Okay.

Does that work? Ive always heard the trick to fighting an Archer is getting right up in there. Close range. I dont know since a recent update, but Ive never had an issue engaging Archers.

how are you going to get right up in there? an archer out ranges you and will most likely open up with a stun or immobilization. you can blow fortify the holy path, and kill your genie. You can leech devil then holy path up there and waste 1 spark- which is somewhat better. or you can force the archer to kite your devil, focus your devil, or be stunned by your devil- all of which gives you time to get into range.

a mistress is not capable of killing a sin that is a threat to you. It's seal is slower and doesnt last as long as the devil's stun.

Why not sleep or stun it, so my team can kill it? In fact, why not sleep or stun it so I can kill it? Btw, if you sleep or stun it with a plant, and its team is near it, you might sleep and stun them too. lol.

u don't understand how sleep works do you? as soon as your teammates touch the target your sleep is void. you do not have any plants capable of stunning a target.

Im Sage. Saving Chi is not a priority. There's usually more than 1 person going for the flag. Plants are good for that too.

what does sage have to do with not using chi to stop someone- thicket still costs 2 sparks, spark leech combos still cost the same? i'm sage too. what does multiple people going for the flag/crystal have to do with anything? plants, besides thicket, cannot stop a moving target running the flag.

BT doesnt only work on barbs, its great for popping sins too. If you can DD, it gives you enough time to kill them too.

of course BT is good, but why does that make leeching the devil with multiple phys targets on you invalid? unless you get lucky with purify weapon you're going to be chain locked and destroyed by all those people. anutistun and increased phys def will help to prevent that.

Im not primarily a healing Mystic. I usually heal mass amounts of players on lanes when Im returning to the middle after a respawn. Click heal and buff on the run. You dont have to be in my squad to get healed.

how does this make the point invalid? you dont need to be a certain kind of anything to have the devil help you.

Your tactics are probably not bad for you, but they arent the only things a Mystic can do.

My tactics arent my tactics- theyre common sense tacticts, every good mystic uses. I don't know wtf you think you're reading, but this was a response to why you SHOULD keep a devil out in mass pvp. it is NOT a response to THIS IS THE ENTIRETY OF WHAT MYSTICS SHOULD DO.

There are many things a mystics can do, and few things a mystic should absolutely never do. YOU continuously name things that fall into the latter category.

Let's see how fairly the rest of this conversation goes. b:chuckle

You have added nothing to this conversation still.
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brillance - Raging Tide View Post

What does not dding have anything to do with usefulness of a summon? a crowd is the best place for using it because it is the place you're most likely not going to see some1 attacking you. when multiple try to kill you, and one is disabled by the devil, that is better than 0 people disabled. what does healing have to do with any of this?

I DD. I use plants in crowds. The convo seems to mixing 1v1 with crowded areas of mass PvP at your will. Ill say it again - MOST PEEPS THAT ARE FIGHTING IN TW GO FOR HEALERS (and other squishies) FIRST (especially if they entered TW in PK mode and are just looking for easy kill count). That's all healing has to do with it.

You know, like if Im keeping a catabarb alive, on a renegade mission where the bulk of the fighting is NOT, so the tower cant kill it? If an undegeared sin sneaks up on me, and kills that catabarbs healer - the catabarb is going down.

If its 2 catas on the renegade mission, along with cleric, the cleric can handle both catas health bars long enough for the Mystic to BT the sin, and kill him before he gets back to me. Then the two healers can get back to work on the towers, with the two healers staying out of tower range and healing the catas.

how are you going to get right up in there? an archer out ranges you and will most likely open up with a stun or immobilization. you can blow fortify the holy path, and kill your genie. You can leech devil then holy path up there and waste 1 spark- which is somewhat better. or you can force the archer to kite your devil, focus your devil, or be stunned by your devil- all of which gives you time to get into range.

You fly around a tree or something and come up behind the archer. Just because you are at his back, doesnt me you are not right up in there. He will be busy (being somewhat squishy hisself), and since you snuck up on him, you have plenty of time to sleep and stun him with a plant, before you attack. :D

a mistress is not capable of killing a sin that is a threat to you. It's seal is slower and doesnt last as long as the devil's stun.

A Mistress IS capable of allowing you to watch the sin run back down the lane and away from you and your party. You target & hit the attack button on your summon. Its quite fun really. I should have taken screenies of that. b:chuckle

He will run thinking everyone is after him, and you just regroup and wait for your summon to die. The sin will eventually get to a point he feels safe, and realize its just your summon, and kill it.

u don't understand how sleep works do you? as soon as your teammates touch the target your sleep is void. you do not have any plants capable of stunning a target.

No, I understand how it works. I also understand that if I sleep a squad with lysing that squad wont be doing anything for up to 13 seconds, Until an a opponent attacks it, or someone on their team comes to the squads rescue.

My focus is creating chaos. Kill count is not part of my playstyle. We would have to go back more than 2 years for me to be able to be so flamboyant as to worry about kill count.

what does sage have to do with not using chi to stop someone- thicket still costs 2 sparks, spark leech combos still cost the same? i'm sage too. what does multiple people going for the flag/crystal have to do with anything? plants, besides thicket, cannot stop a moving target running the flag.

You said I could save my chi - Im letting you know I dont need to save my Chi, lol. Much like mana, its nice to save it, but neither is something I fret over while in TW.

May I ask where we are digging crystals? Did I suddenly switch over to some weird part of RB?

of course BT is good, but why does that make leeching the devil with multiple phys targets on you invalid? unless you get lucky with purify weapon you're going to be chain locked and destroyed by all those people. anutistun and increased phys def will help to prevent that.

I didnt say it was invalid - for you. Or, for anyone else that plays like you do. I said what I do. I have a different play style.

how does this make the point invalid? you dont need to be a certain kind of anything to have the devil help you.

My tactics arent my tactics- theyre common sense tacticts, every good mystic uses. I don't know wtf you think you're reading, but this was a response to why you SHOULD keep a devil out in mass pvp. it is NOT a response to THIS IS THE ENTIRETY OF WHAT MYSTICS SHOULD DO.

There are many things a mystics can do, and few things a mystic should absolutely never do. YOU continuously name things that fall into the latter category.

Let's see how fairly the rest of this conversation goes.
    You have added nothing to this conversation still.

Sure I have. Your tactics are common sense for you. They are not common sense for me and my gears, or playstyle.

I play in the thick of things (unless Im running catas down an alt lane for a sneak attack). I am powerful enough to still have fun in TW, even being out-geared. I will never be powerful enough to stand down most R9s in 1v1, because my gears will never be R9.
    I'm in the midst of the chaos, creating chaos.

I love free-style, catakill, and flank squads. It may surprise you to know Ive lead squads in most every TW faction I have warred in, even Catabarb squads.

Pushing B is playing inside the box. Baby steps, but R9s seem to like it.
    Straggling to the side for 1v1s is playing selfishly.
    Taking a guerilla squad down an alt lane is outside of the box.

Outside the box is not prepared for. Pushing B is.

Outside the box can create a situation that helps your little faction win, even over insurmountable odds. What is not prepared for, forces people to stop and think - to maybe even need to change whatever the plan was.

That's pretty much all Ive got say at this point Klys. If you feel your playstyle is perfect for you - I can only agree with you.

If you feel your TW playstyle is perfect for me - I can never agree with you. I dont play like you do.

Nothing stupid, although it may not contribute anything to you personally, my end of the convo is done.
  • klys
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brillance - Raging Tide View Post

I DD. I use plants in crowds. The convo seems to mixing 1v1 with crowded areas of mass PvP at your will. Ill say it again - MOST PEEPS THAT ARE FIGHTING IN TW GO FOR HEALERS (and other squishies) FIRST (especially if they entered TW in PK mode and are just looking for easy kill count). That's all healing has to do with it.

You know, like if Im keeping a catabarb alive, on a renegade mission where the bulk of the fighting is NOT, so the tower cant kill it? If an undegeared sin sneaks up on me, and kills that catabarbs healer - the catabarb is going down.

If its 2 catas on the renegade mission, along with cleric, the cleric can handle both catas health bars long enough for the Mystic to BT the sin, and kill him before he gets back to me. Then the two healers can get back to work on the towers, with the two healers staying out of tower range and healing the catas.

WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT? having a devil out does not hinder your healing in any way, in fact it helps you in the situations described.

You fly around a tree or something and come up behind the archer. Just because you are at his back, doesnt me you are not right up in there. He will be busy (being somewhat squishy hisself), and since you snuck up on him, you have plenty of time to sleep and stun him with a plant, before you attack. :D

WHAT THE .... DO YOU EVEN PLAY? RUN AROUND A TREE? DO I HAVE TO RESPOND TO THIS?

A Mistress IS capable of allowing you to watch the sin run back down the lane and away from you and your party. You target & hit the attack button on your summon. Its quite fun really. I should have taken screenies of that. b:chuckle

He will run thinking everyone is after him, and you just regroup and wait for your summon to die. The sin will eventually get to a point he feels safe, and realize its just your summon, and kill it.

WHAT FANTASY WORLD DO YOU LIVE IN WHERE SINS SEE A MISTRESS AND SAY "WHELP I GUESS MY STUNLOCKS WONT WORK ON THAT MYSTIC, I BETTER RUN AWAY FROM THIS THING."

No, I understand how it works. I also understand that if I sleep a squad with lysing that squad wont be doing anything for up to 13 seconds, Until an a opponent attacks it, or someone on their team comes to the squads rescue.

My focus is creating chaos. Kill count is not part of my playstyle. We would have to go back more than 2 years for me to be able to be so flamboyant as to worry about kill count.

THIS DOES NOT VOID THE POINT OF HAVING A DEVIL OUT. my example for this point was locking a priority target while dds kill it. Sleep does not work for this.

You said I could save my chi - Im letting you know I dont need to save my Chi, lol. Much like mana, its nice to save it, but neither is something I fret over while in TW.

May I ask where we are digging crystals? Did I suddenly switch over to some weird part of RB?

you cannot comprehend that the less chi you use to lock an enemy = more chi available to kill it?
    you do not even play the game and yet you are still responding?

I didnt say it was invalid - for you. Or, for anyone else that plays like you do. I said what I do. I have a different play style.

Sure I have. Your tactics are common sense for you. They are not common sense for me and my gears, or playstyle.

I play in the thick of things (unless Im running catas down an alt lane for a sneak attack). I am powerful enough to still have fun in TW, even being out-geared. I will never be powerful enough to stand down most R9s in 1v1, because my gears will never be R9.
    I'm in the midst of the chaos, creating chaos.

I love free-style, catakill, and flank squads. It may surprise you to know Ive lead squads in most every TW faction I have warred in, even Catabarb squads.

Pushing B is playing inside the box. Baby steps, but R9s seem to like it.
    Straggling to the side for 1v1s is playing selfishly.
    Taking a guerilla squad down an alt lane is outside of the box.

Outside the box is not prepared for. Pushing B is.

Outside the box can create a situation that helps your little faction win, even over insurmountable odds. What is not prepared for, forces people to stop and think - to maybe even need to change whatever the plan was.

That's pretty much all Ive got say at this point Klys. If you feel your playstyle is perfect for you - I can only agree with you.

If you feel your TW playstyle is perfect for me - I can never agree with you. I dont play like you do.

Nothing stupid, although it may not contribute anything to you personally, my end of the convo is done.

YOU ARE DETRACTING FROM WHAT IS BEING DISCUSSED. YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND GAME MECHANICS. YOU DO NOT COMPREHEND BASIC MYSTIC STRATEGIES.

According to your logic i would have more "fun" in TW by smacking a cat barb with my wand.
    This is not a discussion for "how to have fun" playing a mystic. This is a guide on how to pk as a mystic.
    Goto the off topic forum if you want to discuss having fun and ignoring game mechanics.
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Okaaaay, now that we've passed that, I'm still waiting for the OP's answer to my post a few pages ago.
    So since when did we start copy-pasting stuff word-by-word from guides that we already have and assume it as our own? f:despise
  • klys
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Don't listen to them. Craggy can be used effectively in TW and mass PvP. Its a timed summons however, and you have to put a whole lot of stock into your teammate's awareness of people besides themselves in those venues.

Mystics tend to be a rather easy kill (this does not apply to the over-geared Mystic), so to get him out, get him healed, and get him to work on your opponents before they get smart and kill you is not an easy thing to pull off. Rest assured, you CAN pull something great off with Craggy. He is a difficult summon for anyone to ignore, once you have him in motion.

You cant depend on him, not like you can depend on your Devil and Mistress which will last for hours, whether you bother to actually use them or not.

This is how you joined the conversation. Trying to discredit legit advice with some that is fundamentally flawed. When you try to counter me for calling you out for posting that BS, you reveal even more ridiculous "strategies." I have explained many times, very clearly, how what you say contradicts HOW THE GAME FUNCTIONS. You continue to dodge the facts or send the thread off in some direction, like you're doing now.
    edited June 2013
    Options
    This is how you joined the conversation. Trying to discredit legit advice with some that is fundamentally flawed. When you try to counter me for calling you out for posting that BS, you reveal even more ridiculous "strategies." I have explained many times, very clearly, how what you say contradicts HOW THE GAME FUNCTIONS. You continue to dodge the facts or send the thread off in some direction, like you're doing now.

What are you trying to prove Klys, that you dont read what is written? The very first sentence of that quote speaks about TW and mass PvP.

READ - you are the only one trying to discredit anything. I am explaining to you how being predictable is NOT advantageous to me, and I am not one to be happy just to stand back and heal, while sic'ing my Devil on someone else.

If you were paying attention - MY GEAR is enough to have one player 1 to 2 shot me. Im NOT going to ever play like someone who is much better off gear wise than I am. You will never see me take on more than 1 other player directly, unless I'm surrounded, gonna die any second anyway - so let a GF fly before releasing to respawn.

Its true and simple GAME MECHANICS in its purest and most basic form, lol. THE GEAR, coupled with my ability/desire to get into the fray anyway, does not allow me to play like you do.

You need to get over it, and just tell what you do, with out dragging others into it.

Others that are on your level gear-wise can then critique you. If they do it like you do, you will get rave reviews.

You wont get anything from comparing yourself to me. You aren't on my level.

P.S. The spell checker is pretty awesome! :D
  • klys
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Don't listen to them.

Don't listen to them.

Don't listen to them.

I can't read?

Surprising your enemy with a shetty skill or set of skills won't do jack. Yes, they'll be surprised, but theyll survive, then destroy you.

You cannot change the way the game works. YOU CANNOT. No matter how much believe, or special you think you are, you cannot change summon stats by amping your stats via skills.

no one will ever be on your level, that would be impossible.
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I can't read?

Surprising your enemy with a shetty skill or set of skills won't do jack. Yes, they'll be surprised, but theyll survive, then destroy you.

You cannot change the way the game works. YOU CANNOT. No matter how much believe, or special you think you are, you cannot change summon stats by amping your stats via skills.

no one will ever be on your level, that would be impossible.

Arent you the one constantly screaming that others are changing the subject?

You worry about death in TW Klys?

Lmao, carry on my wayward son, there'll be peace when you are done. Lay your weary head to rest. Don't ya cry no more...
  • klys
    edited June 2013
    Options
    All you're doing is dodging.
    Explain how you manage to change your summon stats with leech please.
    Explain how absorb soul is more useful than magic on a cat barb please.
    Explain how flying around a tree will let you sneak up on an archer please.

Answer those 3 directly and we can move on to some of your other awesome points.

Comon, it's simple.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Options
    closed for flaming/derailment.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.