FULL guild how to pk as a mystic

Options
djrank
djrank Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Mystic

This is a full guide on how to pk as a mystic some really good combos in TW and normal 1 vs 1 , what skills should be on ur genie,what kinds of genies u should use, how to kill certain classes , what weapons should you use , what gears can u pk with , what good skills can be used in TW, what requirements you will need Devil Vs Storm :D Hope u enjoy

1-COMBOS

COMBOS FOR 1) TW:
When ur already gained 3 sparks (prepare storm mistress before u do this combo) 1st u energy lech storm mistress->Rapid growth->lucky break(lvl 100 skill that makes u crit the next hit )->go to a group of people and gale force if u have good refined wep u should be able to drop a rank9 s3 geared person( also remember this could be used in group pk)

this vid shows u a rank 8 mystic doing this combo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrmNhX5S4HM
you can see how the gale force can kill allot of people

Another good combo for really heavy hp cata barbs or seekers or bms (Works in both cases 1 vs 1 and tw) Get three sparks(Full chi)prepare storm mistress before u do this combo 1st) Energy leach storm mistress->cloud eruption->triple spark->rapid growth
-> Lucky break->Weeping Breeze Dance This should hit really hard even with nabish refined gear or rank 8 (i had rank 8 +3 i hit 18 k on a cata barb so enjoy :D) (the lucky break skill makes u hit 100 % crit next hit that's why i hit 18k :D) you can use also listliss blossom to sleep target or pet stuns or occult ice or seals from ur skills

this combo is not meant to be done alone
u can use pet stuns or even get occult ice on genie and use it

Ok so now really good combo as a 1 vs 1 its a simple combo but really hard hitting one so what u need to do
have at least 1 spark (minimum) don't for get to not let ur pet hit the target !! or the combo will fail !!
so u hit nature vengeance listless blossom immediately ->lysing ->rapid growth->absorb soul (u will hit 2 absorb souls)->do another rapid growth u hit another 2 hits get to stun ur opponent and do the same thing . ( the people who are thinking the absorb soul kicks the opponent out of sleep it doesn't so its really good and also if ur opponent AD don't worry because it doesn't affect absorb soul so continue)
remember natures vengeance lasts for 12 seconds )Also this combo is not meant to be done alone
u can use pet stuns or even get occult ice on genie and use it ( This works for sage but if your demon instead of the second rapid growth you can use Zooming Thunder Powder )
2-GENIE GUILD

SO I really recommend u getting 2 genies one that is vit/mage built.
one that is str/dex built

the one with high magic and vitality i recommend u for group pk TW Nation wars etc...
the one with hight dex and str is for more for fighting a certain class ..
( Btw i gave you 8 skills that are really good so if you have a lower LP genie i recommend you getting (Absolute domain,expel,fortify,holly path,cloud eruption)
The one with high mage and vit These skills are recommend for u

1-AD(absolute domain) Extremely helpful when u are getting ganked by loots of pees (both magic+ physical damage) U can add this up into and Iron guard

this skill makes you immune to all damage for 5 seconds, and immune to movement debuffs (sleeps, slows, stuns, immobilizes) for an additional 2 seconds
-costs 135 energy to use
-has a 3 minute cooldown
-requires genie to have 4 metal, 4 water, and 4 earth affinity points
-skill is not modified by either strength or dexterity points on genie.

2- expel this skill makes u immune to psychical damage damage however u can get stunned and mobilized (also gives u a silence )

One good way to use it when u are 1 vs 1 a sin or bm or any physical damage class
However this skill might sometimes kill u cos if u use it and the sin uses water damage this skill is pretty useless( also it gives a silence on u while immunity) so watch out for this skill .-this skill seals you for 9 seconds while also making you immune to all physical damage

-costs 125 energy to use
-has a 1 second cooldown
-every 40 dexterity points on genie extend the duration of the seal+immune to physical damage by 1 second

3-cloud eruption this skill gives u 1 spark ( i recommend to keep it at lvl 1 )

4-Will surge this makes u immune to silences ( good against mystics and psys)

5-fortify amazing skill vs stun classes such as sins bms (its only immune to stuns not all immobilization)

6- extreme poison ( basicly giving u more damage )

7-nullify poison well really why people ask me that ( because it makes u immune to purify from both archers and venos also parasitic nova wont work when u have this skill on)

8-holly path ( the only way to run or get close to ur enemy )[/COLOR]

http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html#skills=161e273036515354 u can see or try all these skills

For the str vit genie i recommend u

Badge of courage ( removes stun from u ) with high str and dex almost works all the time

2-Law breaker: removes immobilization of you

3-fortify (anti stun skill)

4-will surge( anti silence skill)

5-adrenaline surge ( anti sleep skill)

6-expel ( anti physical damage ) last 8 seconds

7-AD (absolute domain) anti every damage and debuffs last 5 seconds

8-holy path to run away and get to ur enemy .

9-occult ice : this could be used to start a combo such as the listless blossom one (u could occult ice target hit nature vengeance -> listless blossom immediately ->lysing ->rapid growth->absorb soul ) the reason u bubble the target so he doesn't kill the plant

http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html#skills=052730363d3f5153

How to kill some heavy hp classes : .
BM'S, Seeker, Barbs,

Let me start start with bms : easiest ways to kill them start of with nature's vengeance-> bramble tornado they will immiadtly turn into magic marrow so their physical deffence is low is low what u do is absorb soul let devil attack if they switch to physical marrow go full magic attacks so u got to trick the bms really .
barbs : this is what i do get them half hp -> Energy leach storm mistress->cloud eruption->triple spark->rapid growth
-> Lucky break->Weeping Breeze Dance this should Kill them them and i do the same vs seekers .

Weapons:
Ok so now talking about the weapon
i recommend you getting
rank9s3 wand :
which has good attack lvls (65 max) good damage good channeling and the best thin it has purify proc which helps you survive .

rank8r: good damage no attack lvls high def level (max 25) but needs allot of money to get the purify proc but it also give the purify proc
http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/32272

Radiant Wand : gives 2 def lvls medium magic attack also gives 350 hp and you get purify proc (This wand obtained from a faction base with lvl 7 weapon storage (the east wing). Costs 170 mil coins and 43750 contribution (obtained from doing faction base quests). Damage is OK, and if you are on a budget and are lucky enough to be in a faction with high level weapon storage, then this may be an option for you.

these are good wands but i recommend you getting the rank9s3 because it gives good attack and mage attack and purify proc

(if you don't know what does it do :it purifies you and gives u anti immobilization for 5 seconds and gives you 200% speed)

Gears

So one of the cheapest but good :http://www.pwcalc.com/9fd27aefaede195f
max refined +7 from gears +10 wep (btw on the link i put i put on buffs ) Citrine usage in this one
remember when u are in defensive mode put on a wep which has purify proc it could be r8r or Ceremonial Wand or Radiant Wand
this will maybe a good gear : http://www.pwcalc.com/cbacddd0bb17c881 garnet use in this one
this one is also good http://www.pwcalc.com/239adfd1345a4d17 mix between citrine and garnet useage

now a hevier one would be rank9s2 with nirvi http://www.pwcalc.com/7dc97dad3dfa03c8

then u could use full rank9 s3 if u got money refine all of them to +10+ and JoSDs them u will become almost unbeatable :D

Useful skills :

1) TW:
1- i really recommend you preparing Salvation while you go in TW because first when you see the group of people i recommend you energy leach Salvation so all you get the shield that absorbs 4000 damage . then you pull out storm mistress much better than devil in TW.

2-keep on casting Befuddling Creeper and Listless Blossom on towers so that allot of people will get aoe debuffs and slept near towers and ( can be put on catas also or on a group of people other than tower )for the sleep if you see allot of people coming down the lane u can cast it at the first one who comes near you and run basically) sometimes your enemy wont bother killing it so people on the lane might get slept and you are basically slowing the enemy faction on this lane
Befuddling Creeper

Perhaps the most useful plant in group pvp, Befuddling Creeper does an aoe pdef, mdef, attack speed, and channeling debuff. If no venomancer is present and the barb is not spamming Devour, then this is the plant of choice for increasing the squad's overall damage output. . The attack speed and channeling speed debuffs make it potentially useful if lysed in pvp. Level this one fairly quickly. For comparison, other class pdef debuff %s are:

Barb: 50% (Lv 10-11 devour), 30% (Lv10 Penetrate Armor); 35% (Lv 11 Penetrate Armor)

Venomancer: 30% (Lv 10 ironwood scarab); 40% (Sage Ironwood Scarab); 0% (Demon Ironwood Scarab, though 20% chance of 100%), 36% (Lv 5 Penetrate Armor pet skill)

Cleric: 36% (Lv 10 Dimensional Seal), 40% (Lv 11 Dimensional Seal)

Blademaster: 50% (Lv 10-11 Glacial Spike)

Listless Blossom

This plant has a chance to perform AoE sleep. The sleep debuff acts like a stun in that the target can do nothing except use defensive genie skills while under it, except that taking damage removes the effect from the character. However, the sleep effect when lysed at Lv 10 is 12 seconds, which is a significant amount of time in pvp, or in tw. Use carefully, however, and ensure when using that your summon does not attack and wake the target prematurely.

3-this works only works if you are demon : Comforting Mist if ur squad gets HF'd (heavens flame) you can purify it but this doesn't always work. so if you get debuffed you can use this skill but it has 35 % to purify so don't be confused if it didn't purify you

4-also this skill works if you are demon Thicket :useful against cata barbs it gives the target like an increase of the damage taken ( remember it doesn't always work it has 25 % chance to proc )

5-Break in the Clouds : however this works only on sage : it has a chance to purify ur squad mates or faction members .
( these skills also work in Group pvp )

6-Mystical Eye :If you are fighting against a Faction that has allot of sins or group pking and u know ur enemy has allot of sins this skill is amazing (or archers who stealth ) (what does it do ? Lists all stealthed units within 50 meters.
After 6 seconds, non-party members within 25 meters with an equal or lower player level will be forced out of stealth.

7-Bramble tornado Also good skill you may slow enemy ( knock back ) catas or fast bms coming towards you also good on sins!!

Requirements

4. Apothecary items: Keep your inventory well stocked with the ones you'll use most often.

-Ironguard Powder -> lvl 90 apoth often used with genie skill Fortify to get 12 seconds of stun-free immune to damage. Obviously excellent as a defensive move, or when launching a surprise offensive when the enemy thinks you are vulnerable.

-Pan Gu's Essence -> available only if you are in a faction with a lvl 6 apothecary wing: 8 seconds of immune-to-damage with no side effects like ironguard powder has

-Shadow Binder Powder -> lvl 90 apoth which is one of the best offensive AND defensive apoths available to any class, not to mention mystic. This apoth gives 15 seconds of 100% speed AND stun resist. Since being slow is one of a mystic's biggest drawbacks, this apoth is amazing, and much better than vacuity powder, which only gives 20 seconds of stun resist. Used properly this apoth not only prevents the stun, it turns a fight into your favor for 15 seconds, allowing you to keep up from a running enemy, or escape from a pursuer.

-Dew of Star Protection -> sometimes used when you want to fool the enemy into thinking you are going to be easy to kill; the problem with ironguard powder is that people run from you when you use it. However since dew of star, used on a cleric (you'll have your own physical and magic defense buffs in place), is much less noticeable (you have to spot the 'increased physical defense' buff) you can avoid this problem. As well, when combined with a purify weapon, the enemy will hit you a number of times before realizing you have an apoth in (if a dps-user), which increases the likelihood of getting a purify, and thus allowing you to quickly kite and then fire a few attacks off.

-Zooming Thunder Powder -> great for a surprise attack which you think will have a high likelihood of quickly killing enemy; gives 5s of zero channeling on skills like absorb soul , Thicket (long channeling skills that are often avoided in a pk fight by enemy because of how long they take to channel)

-White Tea -> regain 2 sparks; essential in TW (use one each time you rez back at base) and in pk can be used to triple spark a 2 spark skill like Thicket

-Fortification Draught -> a relatively new apothecary item which is very useful at preventing an assassin from killing you from stealth with normal attacks before you can react. This apothecary item puts a buff on you which lasts for 10 minutes (since apoths have 2 minute cooldown, you can put this on, wait for apoth cooldown, then enter the pk area with 8 minutes still left on the buff). If during the period that this buff is on, anything attacks you with a physical melee normal attack (NOT a skill), the buff gets 'triggered', and you get 15 seconds of 75% reduction to physical melee normal attacks (note: skill damage is NOT reduced). The icon doesn't change when this occurs. This means that even high damage assassins will likely not be able to kill you from stealth before you can react; and if they try to use skills, you'll gain more time to react, because of the cast times of these skills.

HP Charm: never enter pk without a hp charm equipped... at least not as a mystic About the only classes that might conceivably get away with no charm would be full jades +12 r9 barb, or lvl 105 assassins who never leave stealth! Needless to say, a Mystic has 40k hp nor stealth. Put the charm on.

Storm vs Devil

Storm Mistress

Energy leeching her can be a viable strategy versus arcane classes in pvp + TW, granting a bonus to magic defense as well as 200% magic attack at level ten, which not only has the initial antistun (to avoid cleric sleep and the like, but lasts for longer than even demon spark. Given this, it can be a viable dd strategy, but only if you are willing to give up the Storm Mistress's own dd, or resummon her and waste part of the time you have the buff from this skill. Note that, as it has a unique icon, it stacks with both Rapid Growth and sparking for the magic attack bonus, and cleric buff for mdef bonus. Lv 11 Storm Mistress gains a 3 second seal skill, which can be greatly useful in pvp and tw , especially since antistun skills such as Will of the Bodhisattva do not block seal effects. Lv 11 books are available via Mysterious and Old Book Pages.
This vid shows the seal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GJLqk2KQrU

Devil Chihyu

One of the best thing about it is that on lvl 10 it has a 5 seconds stun which might be very useful , although if you are trying to stun a running a fast one target don't try because
if u use the skill when the devil reaches the opponent he will try to cast it but the moving target will get out of range so beware of moving targets also sacrificing him you get a good more pdef and a 30% more crit useful when you have to take out a heavy hped player and you need some crits to do that or fighting vs a melee target .

JUST A SMALL TIP NEVER LET YOUR SUMMON GO NEAR A CATA BECAUSE CATAS KILL THEM ...

Any edits or comments would be helpful for me :D

Thanks to all who gave me advice for this guide and made me run it few times

This time i edited a bit i will edit more as soon as possible

this guide is complete yet so please don't hate

Special thanks to klys,Xx_BeLLa_xX,Alexis and PotatoHeadQR
Post edited by djrank on

Comments

• klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    >> Guide<< not guild

people don't say mystics are noob, they say bad mystics are-
    noob mystics are noobs, just like noob (insert class) are noobs.

AS doesn't go through AD or any immune- it does bypass dmg reduction though.

I don't know if you're done with your guide yet, so i wont comment anymore- but you are missing lots.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    If you make a guide (not guild as klys said) fix your typos and punctuation, don't use abbreviations like ''u'' ''leme'' etc..
    djrank wrote: »

6-expel ( anti psy attacks)

^ Expel give immunity against physical damage which have nothing to do with psy...

Your guide is not good sorry, as klys said a lot of stuff is missing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    This definitely needs to be checked over a few times for grammar, punctuation, spelling, and structure.

Without a good layout and structure of a guide, no one will bother to really read it because it is too difficult to read. Color scheme could also be more organized.

Looking at other guides on the forums, as well as writing a guide on a separate word program, such as Notepad++, Microsoft Word, OpenOffice Documents, and so on, would help for visualizing it. Proofreading it thoroughly before posting it is highly recommended as well.

When it comes to guides, regardless of what it is on, professionalism is pretty much a standard. There are too many elements in this guide that makes it unprofessional.

Those are just my thoughts.
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    You have the wrong definition of the word guild, but this isn't a guide either. It's just a series of tips to use. And not very thought out ones because no decent opponent is just gonna stand there and wait for you to cast all those buffs saying "Oh this guy looks busy I should probably stand here and wait for him to finish".

And I'm 100% sure those tips on "1v1 pk" are from your experience in duels. And that should be specified because duels are not 1v1 pk. Pk is worlds different from duels. And this is where that confusion on AS going through invincibility comes from.

Also I don't see any use on a str genie for a mystic.
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    rule of the thumb: a guide claiming to be full is less than uselessb:bye
    you only purge once #yopo
  • GoddessNoa - Sanctuary
    GoddessNoa - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

This is a full guide on how to pk as a mystic some really good combos in TW and normal 1 vs 1 , what skills should be on ur genie,what kinds of genies u should use, how to kill certain classes :D Hope u enjoy

1-COMBOS

COMBOS FOR 1) TW:
    When ur already gained 3 sparks (prepare storm mistress before u do this combo) 1st u energy lech storm mistress->Rapid growth->lucky break(lvl 100 skill that makes u crit the next hit )->go to a group of people and gale force if u have good refined wep u should be able to drop a rank9 s3 geared person( also remember this could be used in group pk)

Another good combo for really heavy hp cata barbs or seekers or bms (Works in both cases 1 vs 1 and tw) Get three sparks(Full chi)prepare storm mistress before u do this combo 1st) Energy leach storm mistress->cloud eruption->triple spark->rapid growth
    -> Lucky break->Weeping Breeze Dance This should hit really hard even with nabish refined gear or rank 8 (i had rank 8 +3 i hit 18 k on a cata barb so enjoy :D) (the lucky break skill makes u hit 100 % crit next hit that's why i hit 18k :D)

Ok so now really good combo AS a 1 vs 1 its a simple combo but really herd hitting one so what u need to do
    have at least 1 spark (minimum) don't for get to not let ur pet hit the target !! or the combo will fail b:cry
    so u hit nature vengeance listless blossom immediately ->lysing ->rapid growth->absorb soul (u will hit 2 absorb souls)->do another rapid growth u hit another 2 hits get to stun ur opponent and do the same thing . ( the people who are thinking the absorb soul kicks the opponent out of sleep it doesn't so its really good and also if ur opponent AD don't worry because it doesn't affect absorb soul so continue)(Also
    remember natures vengeance lasts for 12 seconds )

2-GENIE GUILD

SO I really recommend u getting 2 genies one that is vit/mage built.
    one that is str/dex built

the one with high magic and vitality i recommend u for group pk TW Nation wars etc...
    the one with hight dex and str is for more for fighting a certain class ..

The one with high mage and vit These skills are recommend for u

1-AD(absolute domain) Extremely helpful when u are getting ganked by loots of pees (both magic+ physical damage) U can add this up into and Iron guard

2- expel this skill makes u immune to psychical damage damage however u can get stunned and mobilized (also gives u a silence )

One good way to use it when u are 1 vs 1 a sin or bm or any psy damage class
    However this skill might sometimes kill u cos if u use it and the sin uses water damage this skill is pretty useless( also it gives a silence on u while immunity)

3-cloud eruption this skill gives u 1 spark ( i recommend to keep it at lvl 1 )

4-Will surge this makes u immune to silences ( good against mystics and psys)

5-fortify amazing skill vs stun classes such as sins bms (its only immune to stuns not all immobilization)

6- extreme poison ( basicly giving u more damage )

7-nullify poision well realy why people ask me that ( becuase it makes u immune to purify from both archers and venos also parasic nova wont work when u have this skill on)

8-holly path ( the only way to run or get close to ur enemy )

For the str vit genie i recommend u

Badge of courage ( removes stun from u ) with high str and dex almost works all the time

2-Law breaker: removes immobilization of you

3-fortify (anti stun skill)

4-will surge( anti silence skill)

5-adrenaline surge ( anti sleep skill)

6-expel ( anti physical damage ) last 8 seconds

7-AD (absolute domain) anti every damage and debuffs last 5 seconds

8-holy path to run away and get to ur enemy .

Ok so now ima give u details how to kill some b classes such as seekers barbs and bms .

Let me start start with bms : easiest ways to kill them start of with nature's vengeance-> bramble tornado they will immiadtly turn into magic marrow so their physical deffence is low is low what u do is absorb soul let devil attack if they switch to physical marrow go full magic attacks so u got to trick the bms really .
    barbs : this is what i do get them half hp -> Energy leach storm mistress->cloud eruption->triple spark->rapid growth
    -> Lucky break->Weeping Breeze Dance this should Kill them them and i do the same vs seekers or good refined high hp people

Any edits or comments would be helpful for me :D

Thanks to all who gave me advice for this guide and made me run it few times

hmmm i will say 1 thing if using clouderuption in pk for you combos only leave you wide open and without chi or genie if they simply holy path away no ones just going to sit there and watch you pull off these combos. I would make guides and give out advice but lol i like to look at how long it takes for people to progress overtime and learn the mystic as a class which is the best way for people to get better than someone giving advice.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    The English is strong with this one.

edit:

about AS on a mag marrow BM

any half decent demon BM will have demon bell up the whole time, except when stunned or something. GL doing phys dmg through that. Sage BM sure. Might work if their gear is average
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I like the part where he went Rapid Growth->Absorb Soul->Rapid Growth->Absorb Soul. I guess that's theoretically possible on Sage, but... yeah.
  • djrank
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I like the part where he went Rapid Growth->Absorb Soul->Rapid Growth->Absorb Soul. I guess that's theoretically possible on Sage, but... yeah.

U know this can work if you time it with devil stun or mistress seal if u have demon or sage
  • djrank
    edited June 2013
    Options
    hmmm i will say 1 thing if using clouderuption in pk for you combos only leave you wide open and without chi or genie if they simply holy path away no ones just going to sit there and watch you pull off these combos. I would make guides and give out advice but lol i like to look at how long it takes for people to progress overtime and learn the mystic as a class which is the best way for people to get better than someone giving advice.

Yeah i totally agree with that but i use it when i enter a tw or need chi in case of anything
  • djrank
    edited June 2013
    Options
    You have the wrong definition of the word guild, but this isn't a guide either. It's just a series of tips to use. And not very thought out ones because no decent opponent is just gonna stand there and wait for you to cast all those buffs saying "Oh this guy looks busy I should probably stand here and wait for him to finish".

And I'm 100% sure those tips on "1v1 pk" are from your experience in duels. And that should be specified because duels are not 1v1 pk. Pk is worlds different from duels. And this is where that confusion on AS going through invincibility comes from.

Also I don't see any use on a str genie for a mystic.

1st as i said u can time them with occult ice or devil stun or mistress seal

Str genies is for situationional issues like if you want to 1 vs 1 a bm or a sin that what i wanted to say
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    edited June 2013
    Options
    1st as i said u can time them with occult ice or devil stun or mistress seal

Str genies is for situationional issues like if you want to 1 vs 1 a bm or a sin that what i wanted to say

Nobody decent is gonna let you continuously stun/seal them either. And if u wanna 1v1, especially a bm or a sin then you'd DEFINITELY want a dex genie. Str genie and the skills you listed that depend on str are not useful for a mystic.
    this guide isn't complete yet so please don't hate

I'm not gonna comment on other things yet because of this, though there are a lot of things I don't agree with. Best piece of advice I can give you though: Don't do the mistake most ppl do and take posters that don't agree or contradict you as haters or flamers or trolls. Most of the time you can learn something from what they say, instead of thinking you have all the answers.
  • klys
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I noticed more was added, so i have more comments---

The gear links you posted are too random with mixes and refines?? and i don't agree with the cloud stir.

Ceremonial wand may have purify but you can heal or dd with it- it might be useful if you can predict when you're going to be locked but....

The devil IS the most useful summon in TW/NW, followed by the mistress. Abuse the shet outta that stun. However, don't let it auto attack r999 casters to give them free procs.

Healing/vit herbs in TW?? NO

You forgot bramble tornado- save people from sins- mess with cats in position- prevent a bms charge- interrupt Boa or wiz channel- stop flag runner with anti stun.

Charger orbs better than shadow binder, especially if you're in NW. Can always leech before you use- especially sage with the 9 sec antistun.

Revelation pots are useful

add phys and mag def charms

also, still lots of spelling mistakes
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I like your g16 gear suggestion, you might want to explaing that the +8 on hat is because you get more hp from hat and on robe cause you can keep it for the g16 bonus if/when you go r9
  • djrank
    edited June 2013
    Options
    klys wrote: »
    I noticed more was added, so i have more comments---

The gear links you posted are too random with mixes and refines?? and i don't agree with the cloud stir.

Ceremonial wand may have purify but you can heal or dd with it- it might be useful if you can predict when you're going to be locked but....

The devil IS the most useful summon in TW/NW, followed by the mistress. Abuse the shet outta that stun. However, don't let it auto attack r999 casters to give them free procs.

Healing/vit herbs in TW?? NO

You forgot bramble tornado- save people from sins- mess with cats in position- prevent a bms charge- interrupt Boa or wiz channel- stop flag runner with anti stun.

Charger orbs better than shadow binder, especially if you're in NW. Can always leech before you use- especially sage with the 9 sec antistun.

Revelation pots are useful

add phys and mag def charms

also, still lots of spelling mistakes

Ok thanks for info Il add them up

Btw i meant more on TW the vita healing herbs can be put near ur squad when an archer is barraging or dding near crystal and cleric dead so this could really help
    Still im not finished but thx anyways
    edited June 2013
    Options

Ceremonial Wand (reward weapon for tw season winners;): cannot be refined no sockets but gives you purify proc it is for players who have rep and who don't and much more cheaper than radiant wand

1) Ceremonial wand can have sockets, mine have 2.
    2) Players with rep? That weapon have nothing to do with rep.
    3) Cheaper? That weapon can only be obtain if someone is in the 1st faction on the TW map (and it's free), it's not like someone could chose to get that one.
    4)That weapon is a trophy more than anything, the proc is completely ****, I can stand 5 minutes getting hit without get it proc, the only utility of that weapon is if someone make a mystic on the same account and use it for a low lvl mystic that's all.

All weapon with purify doesn't have the same % of proc.

Purify weapons are good for people that have a good survivability, if someone is a 1-2 shots, purify weapons won't help them to survive. Someone that don't have a good survivability should check more for a R8r with defense lvl than purify.
    So one of the cheapest but good : http://www.pwcalc.com/b011b3b71fc44bf3

P.def>HP. A mystic should never shard only with citrine, a mystic that PVP should shard only in garnet and get HP with refine.
    1) TW:
    1- i really recommend you preparing Salvation while you go in TW because first when you see the group of people i recommend you energy leach Salvation so all you get the shield that absorbs 4000 damage . then you pull out storm mistress much better than devil in TW.

Mistress is useless in TW unless you use for chain stun/silence with devil (or for leech for a combo), other than that mystics should use devil leech for the p.def bonus and anti-stun and salvation for the shield.
    3-healing herb and Vital Herb can be life savors if you are fighting next to towers and ur squad is next to you ( main purpose to heal ur squad party)

1) Waste of chi.
    2) Towers will kill your herbs before you even have time to seem them.
    3) People move too much in TW to use herbs.
    7-Mystical Eye :If you are fighting against a Faction that has allot of sins or group pking and u know ur enemy has allot of sins this skill is amazing (what does it do ? Lists all stealthed units within 50 meters.
    After 6 seconds, non-party members within 25 meters with an equal or lower player level will be forced out of stealth.

Work on Archers too.

You should not mix TW stuff with PVP stuff.

There's stuff missing as there's useless stuff, you should not describe all genie skills, if people want to know genie skills they read a genies guide or go on ecatomb, that make your guide long for nothing. Also you link genies with 91 lp, which is extremely rare, you should use something more normal like a genie 71/100.

Same with pots, list them, but don't write a paragraph on each pots, people that PVP do know what each pots do, it's not needed to write a paragraph on each.

The ''explanation'' of the R8r weapon is not good, you make it sound like R8r get automatically defense lvl which is not the case as getting purify add on R8r doesn't necessary cost a lot of money it all depend on luck. Beside explain the weapon addons you should put the link, like : http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/32272, so people will see what adds the weapon can get.

I don't know your TW/PVP experience as mystic, but I think you need more than what you have right now.

Also, remove the rainbow of colors from the text, let the text in normal color, put only the titles in color. Too much colors like right now make it hard to read as it make it hard when someone want to quote a part cause there's too much colors code everywhere. It will make it more simple, more professional and more easy to read with only titles in colors.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• klys
    edited June 2013
    Options
    actually, what you shard with is dependent on your gear and refines. verdant allows mystics to get away with non garnet shards.
    ...but the build he linked is lacking in pdef cause of the helm/cape/1ring, so mixing in garnets would be wise
    edited June 2013
    Options
    actually, what you shard with is dependent on your gear and refines. verdant allows mystics to get away with non garnet shards.
    ...but the build he linked is lacking in pdef cause of the helm/cape/1ring, so mixing in garnets would be wise

In the build he linked the mystic have 3.8k p.def, which at that point of the game is low for PVP. 7.5k hp won't keep him alive with only 3.8k p.def.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• djrank
    edited June 2013
    Options
    1) Ceremonial wand can have sockets, mine have 2.
    2) Players with rep? That weapon have nothing to do with rep.
    3) Cheaper? That weapon can only be obtain if someone is in the 1st faction on the TW map (and it's free), it's not like someone could chose to get that one.
    4)That weapon is a trophy more than anything, the proc is completely ****, I can stand 5 minutes getting hit without get it proc, the only utility of that weapon is if someone make a mystic on the same account and use it for a low lvl mystic that's all.

All weapon with purify doesn't have the same % of proc.

Purify weapons are good for people that have a good survivability, if someone is a 1-2 shots, purify weapons won't help them to survive. Someone that don't have a good survivability should check more for a R8r with defense lvl than purify.

And also thanks i will take ur advice

P.def>HP. A mystic should never shard only with citrine, a mystic that PVP should shard only in garnet and get HP with refine.

Mistress is useless in TW unless you use for chain stun/silence with devil (or for leech for a combo), other than that mystics should use devil leech for the p.def bonus and anti-stun and salvation for the shield.

1) Waste of chi.
    2) Towers will kill your herbs before you even have time to seem them.
    3) People move too much in TW to use herbs.

Work on Archers too.

You should not mix TW stuff with PVP stuff.

There's stuff missing as there's useless stuff, you should not describe all genie skills, if people want to know genie skills they read a genies guide or go on ecatomb, that make your guide long for nothing. Also you link genies with 91 lp, which is extremely rare, you should use something more normal like a genie 71/100.

Same with pots, list them, but don't write a paragraph on each pots, people that PVP do know what each pots do, it's not needed to write a paragraph on each.

The ''explanation'' of the R8r weapon is not good, you make it sound like R8r get automatically defense lvl which is not the case as getting purify add on R8r doesn't necessary cost a lot of money it all depend on luck. Beside explain the weapon addons you should put the link, like : http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/32272, so people will see what adds the weapon can get.

I don't know your TW/PVP experience as mystic, but I think you need more than what you have right now.

Also, remove the rainbow of colors from the text, let the text in normal color, put only the titles in color. Too much colors like right now make it hard to read as it make it hard when someone want to quote a part cause there's too much colors code everywhere. It will make it more simple, more professional and more easy to read with only titles in colors.

First Thing the TW rewards is free as u said but i meant its much cheaper from getting r8r
    or radiant but its still better if you use it

And the gear calc i put citrines for more hp you can easily get higher p.def if u +10 your protection belts
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    edited June 2013
    Options
    First Thing the TW rewards is free as u said but i meant its much cheaper from getting r8r

And the gear calc i put citrines for more hp you can easily get higher p.def if u +10 your protection belts

The TW reward has already been handed out. For all we know it may not be the same reward for this season so it might be impossible to get. And mentioning it as an option is a joke.

You have neck and belt you can refine for pdef and potentially 2 rings. And then you have 6 pieces you can refine for hp. Think.
    edited June 2013
    Options
    You have neck and belt you can refine for pdef and potentially 2 rings. And then you have 6 pieces you can refine for hp. Think.

number of items that you can refine for something is not an argument. effective hp is an argument.
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    edited June 2013
    Options
    number of items that you can refine for something is not an argument. effective hp is an argument.

It's a simplified argument. I could do the math but it would be a waste of time for something that is so obvious just by looking at the gear and stats on the link. And how many would even understand it or what effective hp is anyway.
    edited June 2013
    Options

Do you have that weapon? I guess not cause you didn't even know the weapon can have sockets, what you know it's what you saw probably on the database. I have that weapon and trust me it's the worse weapon to use in PVP.

1) Pretty much no damage attack.
    2) Pretty much no heal.
    3) Really low chance of proc.

The only utility of that weapon is to show off or use on a low lvl mystic on the same account.

I have a G16, R8r with def lvl and ceremonial weap and from those 3 the ceremonial is the worse to use in PVP and as someone said and I said, a weapon that is not available for everyone should not be mention, there's probably max 5 mystics by server that have that weapon (on my server there's 3 mystics that have it, me include), it's a limited weapon that cannot be farm or bought.

Pdef>hp.

For mystics (and other AA) the p.def is more important than the hp, you could have 15k hp you won't survive with 4k p.def.

A) His build self buff shard in cit: http://www.pwcalc.com/a65b01e498a2cfd5

HP:7568
    P.def:6156

B) Same build self buff shard in garnet: http://www.pwcalc.com/cbacddd0bb17c881

HP:6676
    P.def:8519

So A have 892 HP more while B have 2363 p.def more, what do you think could save you more in PVP 892 HP or 2363 p.def?

That was self buff, now with bm, barb and cleric buff (lvl10), mystic A have 1147 HP more than B, B have 3709 p.def more than A, what would you chose for PVP 1147 hp or 3709 p.def?

With lvl11 barb buff mystic A have 1190 hp more than B, but with lvl11 bm and mystic self buff we reach over 4k p.def (unfortunately mystic buff lvl11 not on pwi calc).

The person that will chose the 1.1k HP over 4,4k p.def should definitely stop PVP and go back in PVE.

Mystic have the chance to have the second best p.def of caster and to shard only in citrine waste that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• klys
    edited June 2013
    Options

I'm pretty sure i covered all the bases in this post.

You can have a shet ton of pdef and sucky hp, and that won't be very effective- just like a shet ton of hp and sucky pdef doesnt help.

survivability > any specific shard -- it entirely depends on your build and refines.
  • djrank
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Do you have that weapon? I guess not cause you didn't even know the weapon can have sockets, what you know it's what you saw probably on the database. I have that weapon and trust me it's the worse weapon to use in PVP.

1) Pretty much no damage attack.
    2) Pretty much no heal.
    3) Really low chance of proc.

The only utility of that weapon is to show off or use on a low lvl mystic on the same account.

I have a G16, R8r with def lvl and ceremonial weap and from those 3 the ceremonial is the worse to use in PVP and as someone said and I said, a weapon that is not available for everyone should not be mention, there's probably max 5 mystics by server that have that weapon (on my server there's 3 mystics that have it, me include), it's a limited weapon that cannot be farm or bought.

Pdef>hp.

For mystics (and other AA) the p.def is more important than the hp, you could have 15k hp you won't survive with 4k p.def.

A) His build self buff shard in cit: http://www.pwcalc.com/a65b01e498a2cfd5

HP:7568
    P.def:6156

B) Same build self buff shard in garnet: http://www.pwcalc.com/cbacddd0bb17c881

HP:6676
    P.def:8519

So A have 892 HP more while B have 2363 p.def more, what do you think could save you more in PVP 892 HP or 2363 p.def?

That was self buff, now with bm, barb and cleric buff (lvl10), mystic A have 1147 HP more than B, B have 3709 p.def more than A, what would you chose for PVP 1147 hp or 3709 p.def?

With lvl11 barb buff mystic A have 1190 hp more than B, but with lvl11 bm and mystic self buff we reach over 4k p.def (unfortunately mystic buff lvl11 not on pwi calc).

The person that will chose the 1.1k HP over 4,4k p.def should definitely stop PVP and go back in PVE.

Mystic have the chance to have the second best p.def of caster and to shard only in citrine waste that.

yes i agree on the wep it is bad i meant it is better than nothing ( i know its extremely bad )

Il now delete it :/

Btw i am planning now to work for a garnet/citrine base so im looking into this more
    http://www.pwcalc.com/cbacddd0bb17c881 what u guys think ??
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    U know this can work if you time it with devil stun or mistress seal if u have demon or sage

Rapid Growth has a 35 second cooldown. You're not keeping someone stunned long enough to use it twice.
  • zeroxwingx
    zeroxwingx Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Rapid Growth has a 35 second cooldown. You're not keeping someone stunned long enough to use it twice.

Sage version has a chance to remove cooldown.
  • djrank
    edited June 2013
    Options

Zooming Thunder Powder -> great for a surprise attack which you think will have a high likelihood of quickly killing enemy; gives 6s of zero channeling on skills like absorb soul , Thicket (long channeling skills that are often avoided in a pk fight by enemy because of how long they take to channel) if u are demon yeah this would work if sage 2 rapid growths
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Zooming Thunder Powder -> great for a surprise attack which you think will have a high likelihood of quickly killing enemy; gives 6s of zero channeling on skills like absorb soul , Thicket (long channeling skills that are often avoided in a pk fight by enemy because of how long they take to channel) if u are demon yeah this would work if sage 2 rapid growths

Zooming thunder powder give 5 seconds not 6 seconds (you should fix that). It work on the channeling of every skills not just AS, have nothing to do with the cooldown of the skill. Plus Rapid Growth stay for 8 seconds, so it's a waste of time to do Rapid Growth -> AS -> Rapid Growth -> AS (for a sage that would get proc on reset cd), for someone using that pot the best combo would be NV -> Listless Blossom -> lyse -> Rapid Growth -> use the pot -> AS -> AS then thicket or w/e the person want to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• djrank
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Zooming thunder powder give 5 seconds not 6 seconds (you should fix that). It work on the channeling of every skills not just AS, have nothing to do with the cooldown of the skill. Plus Rapid Growth stay for 8 seconds, so it's a waste of time to do Rapid Growth -> AS -> Rapid Growth -> AS (for a sage that would get proc on reset cd), for someone using that pot the best combo would be NV -> Listless Blossom -> lyse -> Rapid Growth -> use the pot -> AS -> AS then thicket or w/e the person want to do.

Umm yeah i meant yo can hit absorb souls when you get rapid growth but if you use zooming powder it makes channeling very fast but u still need to wait for the cool down u can use devil stun and use absorb soul for the last time ( when ur opponent is stuned )
This discussion has been closed.