Are TT Items Worth DQ Points?

13»

Comments

• Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm not afraid of gold mats being lowered. I couldn't care less. I don't even play on DW anymore. I care about all the farmers, low levels and high levels both. I can see multiple issues being created to multiple markets by this suggestion, and see no real benefit since DQ points are NOT hard to get.

what issues? 1st its already established the TT market is saturated and not profitable w/o attaining the hard to come by dropps mostly been farmed by ppl who dont need em, 2nd if dq points are sooo very easy to get as your suggesting then all this does is give a little variety to were and how you farm them and why would you have a problem with the game been a little more varied for people?
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is a good idea, there are so many HH mats that have no practical use so many times you either don't even pick them up, or they become npc food. I think this would help a lot the economy.

What would help the economy and people in general in the game, is something else.

Like other people have brought up, this would hurt low levels. It would also primary benefit aps classes. A better solution to pwi's economic troubles would be first to get rid of aps. Its not really needed anyways and its overpowered. Especially, when it comes to pve and farming.

A better economic solution would be very very simple and require 3 steps.

1. cap aps at 2 <--- solves a lot of sin problems as well

2. Remove the Nerf that was put on DQ

3. Put more valuable things in the event boutique so that DQ is more valuable

However, a rift in time and space would be created from aps user QQ.

Giving GREEN TT MATS DQ VALUE is not the solution to anything. It would just create another niche for aps users and leave almost everyone else out of it. That's not how you fix an economy. f:worry
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If they put in DQ value on TT mats, you can most likely expect them to remove the Sage/Demon Card option then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • nixop
    nixop Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What would help the economy and people in general in the game, is something else.

Like other people have brought up, this would hurt low levels. It would also primary benefit aps classes. A better solution to pwi's economic troubles would be first to get rid of aps. Its not really needed anyways and its overpowered. Especially, when it comes to pve and farming.

A better economic solution would be very very simple and require 3 steps.

1. cap aps at 2 <--- solves a lot of sin problems as well

2. Remove the Nerf that was put on DQ

3. Put more valuable things in the event boutique so that DQ is more valuable

However, a rift in time and space would be created from aps user QQ.

Giving GREEN TT MATS DQ VALUE is not the solution to anything. It would just create another niche for aps users and leave almost everyone else out of it. That's not how you fix an economy. f:worry

my friend you really arent bright

farming is already hard even with aps due to terrible drop rates...if aps was nerfed there wouldnt be anything worth farming in pve

or people should do 6man tt/lunar caster squads and get 1m each in 6 hours??(during x2)
    it would just make bigger gap between cash players and non cash players and more people would quit the game

economy is not about aps or any instance materials....economy is about boutique sales and gold price
    edited June 2013
    nixop wrote: »
    my friend you really arent bright

farming is already hard even with aps due to terrible drop rates...if aps was nerfed there wouldnt be anything worth farming in pve

or people should do 6man tt/lunar caster squads and get 1m each in 6 hours??(during x2)
    it would just make bigger gap between cash players and non cash players and more people would quit the game

economy is not about aps or any instance materials....economy is about boutique sales and gold price

Do you understand supply demand economics?

If aps is nerfed, that means less matts in the economy. Less matts makes greater demand. More demand means higher price on matts.

However, this would be after a month or two of adjusting.

The reason you make so little in these runs is because there is so much supply. The economy is saturated by TT and Lunar mats.

This is another reason why making green mats have DQ value wouldn't work. Also, refrain from the insults.

You should also take time to read my full post.
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I checked out your character's gear Venus.

If DQ points are so easy to come by then why is your rank 8 bow still refined +6
    Warsoul helm +4
    Rank 8 Plate + 5
    TT 99 legs +4
    TT 99 boots +4
    FC ring +5
    TT 99 arms +4
    TT 99 belt +5
    TT 99 Neck +4

Wouldn't all of your gears be refined at least to +8 if DQ were so easy to farm?

You're a level 101 Archer,and the leader of a Faction.

[SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    I checked out your character's gear Venus.

If DQ points are so easy to come by then why is your rank 8 bow still refined +6
    Warsoul helm +4
    Rank 8 Plate + 5
    TT 99 legs +4
    TT 99 boots +4
    FC ring +5
    TT 99 arms +4
    TT 99 belt +5
    TT 99 Neck +4

Wouldn't all of your gears be refined at least to +8 if DQ were so easy to farm?

You're a level 101 Archer,and the leader of a Faction.

That is not my character. I don't know who you are referring to, but that's not me. Not everyone with the name "Venus" is me. In fact, the only character I have named Venus is this one. And she's a cleric I quit long, long, long ago in favor of a sin. Even when I was playing on DW. The only time I log DW now is to help a RL life family member with stuff when they go back to the DW server. They also mostly play HT. I give all my characters unique names, with some kind of significance to the class or myself depending on my mood at time of creation. I have quit the DW server. I'd thank you to not attempt to "shame me" in the future. The fact that you think my gear is relevant to this discussion is laughable by the way. What my gear is doesn't change facts.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Do you understand supply demand economics?

If aps is nerfed, that means less matts in the economy. Less matts makes greater demand. More demand means higher price on matts.

However, this would be after a month or two of adjusting.

The reason you make so little in these runs is because there is so much supply. The economy is saturated by TT and Lunar mats.

This is another reason why making green mats have DQ value wouldn't work. Also, refrain from the insults.

You should also take time to read my full post.

If APS was nerfed to 2.0, farmers would still farm TT mats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited June 2013

That is true.
  • nixop
    edited June 2013

no they wouldnt....they wouldnt be able to solo anymore which would make them go in more man squads

that means they would mostly end up with really low profit compared to time spent, also because of bad drop rate (talking about gold mats,since green are not problem and they drop even to much)

i can understand how you feel because barbs are most useless pve class but that doesnt mean any other class should be the same....you can always be aps barb...there are some that can solo 3-2 and 3-3
    edited June 2013
    nixop wrote: »
    no they wouldnt....they wouldnt be able to solo anymore which would make them go in more man squads

that means they would mostly end up with really low profit compared to time spent, also because of bad drop rate (talking about gold mats,since green are not problem and they drop even to much)

i can understand how you feel because barbs are most useless pve class but that doesnt mean any other class should be the same....you can always be aps barb...there are some that can solo 3-2 and 3-3

The whole point of aps at 2.0 IS to make it so people cant solo tt anymore.

The profit after the economy balanced out would end up probably being the same due to the lower supply created from TT and the higher demand. That higher demand would be created by lower supply.

It would also create old squad setups where barbs are useful again. Its a win win for everyone.

While at the same time, considering the topic. Just changing green mats to have DQ points would just favor aps users, instead of everyone.

Also playing in a squad is a lot more fun than just soloing everything.
  • nixop
    edited June 2013
    The whole point of aps at 2.0 IS to make it so people cant solo tt anymore.

The profit after the economy balanced out would end up probably being the same due to the lower supply created from TT and the higher demand. That higher demand would be created by lower supply.

It would also create old squad setups where barbs are useful again. Its a win win for everyone.

While at the same time, considering the topic. Just changing green mats to have DQ points would just favor aps users, instead of everyone.

Also playing in a squad is a lot more fun than just soloing everything.

it would be a win for cash players that would (and are now) 1shoting you and that barbarian in NW and pk

farming with aps at this rate its only thing that keep balance between cashplayers and farmers

i can tell cuz i made third recast josd because of my aps sin =)

this is free to play game (aka pay to win)

if you like game with better drops,better economy,full man squad dungeons you should try -removed-
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Those 5.0 APSers didn't do so hot in Nation Wars tonight. b:laugh

In regard sto DQ, I still think this helps the vast majority of players, and will bring in more social interaction between players to form squad and actually do TT.

Take for example fairy boxes. Some people don't mind letting others tag along just to pick up these fairy boxes. Even when I solo TT on my 5.0 G 16 full DoT assassin, I allow noobs to come along to pick up the DQ and green mats/OHT mats, because I have limited inventory and these things go to waste if someone doesn't pick up. It saves me a 75k opener fee, while I am helping that person gain some coins for their time.

• Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    General Stats:
    First Post: 06-03-2013
    Last Post: 06-08-2013
    Thread Lifetime: 5 days
    Total Posts: 74
    Average Posts Per Day: 14.8

Activity:
    chart?chf=bg,s,1E1713&chxs=0,EFEFEF,12,0,lt,EFEFEF&chbh=a&chs=440x110&cht=bvg&chco=76A4FB&chts=EFEFEF,13,l&chds=a&chd=t:21,5,7,11,6,11,12,0,0,1

Top 20 Frequent Posters (count):
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver (18)
    oVenusArmanio (16)
    Knownase - Heavens Tear (6)
    Crazybladema - Harshlands (4)
    nixop (3)
    Morridune - Raging Tide (3)
    Quilue - Sanctuary (2)
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver (2)
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary (2)
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver (2)
    Azura - Lost City (2)
    Joe - Morai (1)
    Atropah - Sanctuary (1)
    trands (1)
    Joshcja - Sanctuary (1)
    Nerexa - Morai (1)
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide (1)
    AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver (1)
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear (1)
    Toliman - Raging Tide (1)

Writing Stats:
    Total Words: 20443
    Total Sentences: 1259
    Average Words per Post: 276.3
    Average Words per Sentence: 16.2
    Average Sentences per Post: 17.0
    Average Syllables per Word: 1.4
    Average Letters per Word: 4.2

Most Used Words (count): (common words excluded)
    6coNErY.png
    levels (150)
    gear (148)
    level (139)
    players (132)
    game (131)
    farming (117)
    high (117)
    mats (113)
    farm (95)
    money (77)

Most Used 3-Word Phrases (count):
    "high end farmers (25)"
    "in the game (22)"
    "the low levels (22)"
    Most Used 4-Word Phrases (count):
    "learn to merchant perhaps (10)"
    "this game is already (8)"
    "if this is the (8)"
    Most Used 5-Word Phrases (count):
    "by lowering the supply unnaturally (8)"
    "if this is the case (8)"
    "of the most profitable instances (7)"

• _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Those 5.0 APSers didn't do so hot in Nation Wars tonight. b:laugh

In regard sto DQ, I still think this helps the vast majority of players, and will bring in more social interaction between players to form squad and actually do TT.

No, it won't and thinking it will is plain ignorant and stupid.
    It's simply not how the player base works. People who solo TT will just continue to solo TT.
    Forming a squad for TT to farm mats for DQ points? Oh, can you hear the WC cries about drop stealers already, I sure can.

For this to happen to mentality of players has to change, which won't happen. The only persons who would benefit from this fiasco idea would be the ones who solo TT already anyway.

Won't happen, this idea will never happen, if you can not see why then you're turning a blind eye on how the player base mentality is.
    edited June 2013
    It's simply not how the player base works. People who solo TT will just continue to solo TT.
    Forming a squad for TT to farm mats for DQ points? Oh, can you hear the WC cries about drop stealers already, I sure can.

For this to happen to mentality of players has to change, which won't happen. The only persons who would benefit from this fiasco idea would be the ones who solo TT already anyway.

Won't happen, this idea will never happen, if you can not see why then you're turning a blind eye on how the player base mentality is.

This pretty much leads to the root of why TT mats are worthless. Its because of aps and the content being so easy.

Because of that, TT mats are spammed into the market destroying their value. This includes green mats and more. The solution of giving these mats value is not giving them DQ value. The solution is solving the root cause of why they don't have value.

(APS, EASY CONTENT)

Imagine, how much longer content would last in this game if there wasn't aps and the content was a bit more challenging.

People would also be more free to choose what class they wanted to play. Because, people wouldn't have to roll aps classes to farm.

Unfortunately, this is something that will probably never be addressed. There was so much potential for this game. However, it is up to the people who own the game and the developers, to catch that potential.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't even think some of you play this game. How has APS lowered the price of

1-x, 2-x green mats? (Chientien's ****, Frenzy Lion ****, Feng's ****, etc)

It really hasn't. You have a point with 2-3 mats that make TT90, but really that's it.

Whether this would be broken or not all depends on how many DQ points they give.

@Above: People will do what they can do to make money. Plenty of casters have APS farmers, and before APS people rolled veno for money. There's no sense taking that away from people now. Endgame instances, the stuff that really get you the good gears, isn't all APS by any means. (WS, Lunar, NW especially)
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013

TT mats are tradeable, so I doubt there will be cries to people drop stealing.

The majority of the players I squad with don't scam one another...

The base of low levels in the game is high level's alt right now. Many high levels are afk in south Archosaur near the banker...Perhaps if there were more rewards than through events, were a player could make money any time at a regular basis ( such as putting DQ points into the TT green items) Thent he streets wouldn't be so flooded with high levels just standing around.

Do you solo TT 3-1+ On your assassin?

• _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    TT mats are tradeable, so I doubt there will be cries to people drop stealing.

The majority of the players I squad with don't scam one another...

The base of low levels in the game is high level's alt right now. Many high levels are afk in south Archosaur near the banker...Perhaps if there were more rewards than through events, were a player could make money any time at a regular basis ( such as putting DQ points into the TT green items) Thent he streets wouldn't be so flooded with high levels just standing around.

Do you solo TT 3-1+ On your assassin?

More than you can imagine, along with other instances.

The only time i'm at those streets in south is when I actually am AFK, else I'm busy.

And items being tradable doesn't mean people will actually trade them, there are plenty of people who won't trade or share a thing. Only way to prevent that is to squad on random, but that way 1 person may get more than the other.

There is no real way to make this fair and honest unless the players are playing honest.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That's ridiculous. Nobody that drop steals get accepted into the best squads for long. Word travels around fast, and what's more, to be a drop thief for a couple of DQ points would just be laughably sad.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    More than you can imagine, along with other instances.

The only time i'm at those streets in south is when I actually am AFK, else I'm busy.

And items being tradable doesn't mean people will actually trade them, there are plenty of people who won't trade or share a thing. Only way to prevent that is to squad on random, but that way 1 person may get more than the other.

There is no real way to make this fair and honest unless the players are playing honest.

It can be made fair by having one person who is fair to bank the drops and then distrubute at the end...communication. Players have the sense to do this.

• Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    The new update is supposed to increase TT max stack limit to 9999 anyways.

Will make it easier to horde if PWI gives no value.