Why BM is Weak

1235»

Comments

• SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver
    SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    As an answer to Salari (Sorry my phone wint let me quote) I solo emperor up close in fox form. Using a magic sword and heavy armor. My HP is generally lower than that of a barb, 1.82 aps, so cant usually time sparks too well, and my p.def is about the same as a barb in tiger form. Or for that matter, a BM with mid-level physical marrow.

I hope thats enough info, or Ill be able to come back on comp to make the build I use for tt in pwcalc ^^(I got a build in a thread somewhere in veno section, but for tt I use some different pieces to increase damage)
    No I dont have a herc, I AM the herc! b:mischievous

Youtube channel for NW vids: /channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Please do drop by n tell me hints on how to improve c:
    Current build for pwcalc: /bd6d5c1459cf7d94
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    As an answer to Salari (Sorry my phone wint let me quote) I solo emperor up close in fox form. Using a magic sword and heavy armor. My HP is generally lower than that of a barb, 1.82 aps, so cant usually time sparks too well, and my p.def is about the same as a barb in tiger form. Or for that matter, a BM with mid-level physical marrow.

I hope thats enough info, or Ill be able to come back on comp to make the build I use for tt in pwcalc ^^(I got a build in a thread somewhere in veno section, but for tt I use some different pieces to increase damage)

oh yeah with that kind of pdef its quite easy to solo him. I did about 400k on him with my cata barb with r8r gear. he has around 25k pdef without bell (not sure off hand) with lvl 11 bell its around 32k. I got charm ticked to death but i finished him b:chuckle
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    At range? or Melee? A magic class can handle ranged mobs/bosses a lot better than a melee can handle them in melee range. A pure mag build has a ton of mag def and is far greater than most melee's can get out of pdef and plus melee's have the problem of taking both melee and mag damage. There was many times when I took my 95 cleric with me in tt to have her tank minister or emp if my sin died.

she was dsing bm lass and is why i wrote what i did with my AA bm.....

if u think caster mag deff is a lot you dont know how wrong you are a bm can get the most mag deff in game easy

so gain u dont knw what ur saying
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    so gain u dont knw what ur saying

At what price?

In our r9 3rd cast and potentially even more OP gear, g16 AA will get one shot by the melee classes.
    edited September 2013
    Again you are kinda underlining what Im trying to say here. You have moredefence than I do, most likely more HP than I do (about 16k) and access to better own buffs and BP actually works on you. The original question was wether its possible to solo emperor uncharmed. And considering I can do it on a slow hitting, unbuffed, non-BP toon by using a charm. Then it would seem more likely that someone with stat increasing buffs, access to BP and things like invoke or diamond sutra on top of a healing spark; shoukd be able to solo without one.

• DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Again you are kinda underlining what Im trying to say here. You have moredefence than I do, most likely more HP than I do (about 16k) and access to better own buffs and BP actually works on you. The original question was wether its possible to solo emperor uncharmed. And considering I can do it on a slow hitting, unbuffed, non-BP toon by using a charm. Then it would seem more likely that someone with stat increasing buffs, access to BP and things like invoke or diamond sutra on top of a healing spark; shoukd be able to solo without one.

To have about 16k hp, a sin needs to have +8 or high refines with g12 hp/vit gems in an aps set. Couple that with low defenses, no def lvs, little attack lvs, and there is the reason its very hard for sins to solo emp.

And aps barb/bm is going to need a lot of heavy refines as well. Even if BP works, remeber melee attack hit faster that ranged attack, and your mdef helps resist some of the hard hitting magic that aps user have to deal with. It may seem more likely, but even with those things, farming those bosses with melee aps is very hard unless you have super uber gears.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited September 2013

...You DO realize that you only tank magic while a melee class would be tanking both, right?
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    ...You DO realize that you only tank magic while a melee class would be tanking both, right?
    Er...
    As an answer to Salari (Sorry my phone wint let me quote) I solo emperor up close in fox form. Using a magic sword and heavy armor.

Just wondering how many seem to have missed that tiny detail. Granted the mag stat does help with the mdef argument but between marrows, mdef charms, and outright cancelling the spells it wouldn't be that big of a game changer in favor of a heavy veno.
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited September 2013
    Ty OPKossy :3

Yes magic stat do help m.def a bit, but uts not that amazing. Most of my m.def I still get from refined magical ornaments and the HA itself. And towards the magikarp here: Im talking towards BMs and barbs. I know theres a few sins with more HP than me out there, but in
    comparison theres plenty of barbs n bms.

• VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    just want to point out i am not doing build to farm or be effective in any way

just wanted to try something new and it very possible to reach 30k and maybe 40k mag deff

am building slow nd enjoying my build

what i did not like was how someone attacked bm for our normall mag deff wish again is not true if you make it AA

can become the most tankiest magic tank this game have stats wise

my 2 cent
    edited September 2013
    No one is actually dissing BM magical defence. But you got to see that this is a specific setting where an AA BM simply would go squish. You can have maybe 30-40k m.def. But when the boss hits you up close with his normal physical attack, you wish that was p.def instead. The reason you dont need as much m.def as p.def when being PvE BM, is cause bosses will attack you with p.atk up close(wich is where a BM if fighting), with just an occasional magic hit here n there. The arguement was that since venomancers would seem to more naturally do ranged magical attack, the boss would spam magical attacks instead. Making M.def more relevant than p.def. However, when the veno goes up close n personal like a BM should, the same rule applies to that class as any other: Up close, your p.def matter more than m.def