Why BM is Weak

Options
cheddydank
cheddydank Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Blademaster
hello all, ive been a BM for over 5 yrs now and ive experienced all the changes to pwi around blademasters, and i must say bm has gotten weaker compared to the other classes, when sin and psy came out they both could thrash bm, same with seeker and mystic. and now all the other classes too, the only class bm is matched against is its own class, a BM!...
Right heres why. Attack level hits through defences, so BM's bell buff is made pointless along with the marrows which bm use to need to be even with AA users, and gain the edge it needs to be matched against other phys classes, attack lvl ruined bm, on topof that the 5 aps nerf has also made bm weak where it DID NOT NEED IT, we have less dex, (around 200) and sin has like near 500, so the acuracy nerf on 5 aps killed bm way more, also BM has to use cheap shabby gear to keep 5 aps(tt99). so that is worthless buffs pretty much, BM's good side nerfed, and u HAVE to use **** gears with low defense... how can pwi make BM any weaker?? or better yet how about giving them an edge again so they can be fair in NW. like a skill which temporailly raises acurracy, or something that reduces BOTH types of dmg taken for a short period(like a weaker version of the apo) or make BMs specific r9 gears have something they Need, like why give psy soulforce on belt? THEY ARE OP AS IT IS TY

main point, bm IS actually the weakest class at the moment, if u got r9rr all classes to fight a r9rr bm he'd lose, and thats pure axe, if the bm is aps then its a definate loss to all classes.
archers metal attack can 1 hit bm, psy=1hit, wiz=1hit, cleric=1 hit, sin stealths and comes out imapiring you and killing bm, mystic 1 hits, barb can destroy bm too while the bm does F ALL dmg. dont mention Veno bm has no chance. seeker is phys armour and hits magic, so it defends us very well, and hits us right in the weakspot. where is bM's strength? bm's strength is in taking down pple that r a lower lvl than the bm? how sad. oh theres alot more, like for instance the BM must run up to whoever they are fighting to do anything, but goodluck... u might get 1 hit trying that, also if a caster doees AD while your trying to get to them, u cant stun and they kill u. as bm stun lock is a dodgy way to win, but its like there ONLY HOPE
Post edited by cheddydank on

Comments

• CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    BM is still amazing at PVE, and good at 1v1 PVP (see TheDan's videos). I think they got the short end of the stick though on r999 gear compared to other classes which makes mass PVP on them... not much fun anymore.

So I rolled a caster. b:bye
  • cheddydank
    edited June 2013
    Options
    BM is still amazing at PVE, and good at 1v1 PVP (see TheDan's videos). I think they got the short end of the stick though on r999 gear compared to other classes which makes mass PVP on them... not much fun anymore.

yes, its now the age of casters, yes bm is good in pve, but sin is better.... bm lost that competition too. 1v1 pvp bm is good, but only while anti stun lasts lol, and if u dont get it in in time, ur done for. from all classes. my fav class is bm, i have 3 lol 1 aps/axe r9rr demon which is my main, one sage/fist/axe no r9 and one is sage axe bm for hard hits in aoe/def no r9 but still g16.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

This pretty much invalidates the fist part of the post

@ OP

The weakening of bm's on this version pf pwi is somewhat intentional. Though for absolutely none of the reasons you listed.

5% damage 10% acc debuff on pwi only at 4 aps +
    Cheap r9/r999 on pwi only (aka purify is non existent or insanely rare on other versions)
    CC removed on pwi only
    PWI has a different version of 3rd cast R9 from any other version and the bm set is significantly worse on pwi
    I could go on for a long damn time.

mix in the indirect nerfs that we share with other versions and yes the class is significantly worse than most others. Big deal, the class has been directly or indirectly screwed over in almost every patch the game has received going all the way back to geni's and even the OHT expansion. You love the class or you reroll.

Mystics are still a joke matchup for anyone though so no worries.

Edit: its worth noting that with proper gear swaps a BM can be essentially unkillable in many matchups while flat out kill murdering others. At full endgame and highly skilled play the only "bad" matchup is and will always be vs veno.

We still suck in mass pvp outside of our squad buff and HF
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    This pretty much invalidates the fist part of the post

Not sure how it invalidates; I stopped having fun so I changed classes, simple as that. With the proliferation of r999 ranged weapons it's just not very enjoyable being a pincushion in mass pvp all the time.

I do miss running flags on BM though in NW. I was one of the best, if not the best flagrunners in the game. But the prep cost:reward ratio just doesn't justify playing BM in NW anymore.
  • cheddydank
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Surely u know bms bell buff increases physical defense, and we have marrows which we used to help match ourselves vs other classes, attack lvl hits through defense, u get a Jones and r9rr weap on any caster and that BM is doomed. no matter what, even vs seeker and archer or barb, bm's defensive skills are made obsolete with other classes attack lvls. 99att lvl is way to easy to get. why even have defense stats? does being LA,AA or HA even matter when your dealing with 99 att lvl? no it doesnt, not unless u got DoD's in every socket LOL-THATS where the game has changed and made bm weak, Attack lvl didnt effect any other classes buffs, maybe some dmn/sage skills added effects thats all, like demon bell buff, attack lvl makes that pointless too. 75% extra phys equipment defence, yay, oh wait... att lvl 99 makes thats pointless too lol
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Options
    cheddydank wrote: »
    Surely u know bms bell buff increases physical defense, and we have marrows which we used to help match ourselves vs other classes, attack lvl hits through defense, u get a Jones and r9rr weap on any caster and that BM is doomed. no matter what, even vs seeker and archer or barb, bm's defensive skills are made obsolete with other classes attack lvls. 99att lvl is way to easy to get. why even have defense stats? does being LA,AA or HA even matter when your dealing with 99 att lvl? no it doesnt, not unless u got DoD's in every socket LOL-THATS where the game has changed and made bm weak, Attack lvl didnt effect any other classes buffs, maybe some dmn/sage skills added effects thats all, like demon bell buff, attack lvl makes that pointless too. 75% extra phys equipment defence, yay, oh wait... att lvl 99 makes thats pointless too lol

Ok your either an idiot or this is a sad troll attempt

Saying attack level goes through def is like saying HF goes through def
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I call sad troll attempt here b:shutup.

If in 5 years you haven't learnt the pve, pvp side of bm, i am sorry to say, things suck for you.

Only sin that steals agro from my +10 is a g16+8 sin. At +12, +10 sins are equalish. So the end result is that bm farm just as fast,better compared to sins in my experience. Far easier to live with a bm compared to sin.

Mystics by far are the worst class to pvp against bm in 1vs1. A lvl 80+ mystic could kill you easy.
  • cheddydank
    edited June 2013
    Options
    huh lol? hf doubles dmg taken for 6 seconds.
    do you know what attack lvl does? i think not lol
    im no idiot, and im not trolling. im saying it how it is.
    if u had 30 attack lvl and opponent has 0 defense lvl does that mean your attack lvl does nothing? i believe it hits through the opponents defenses lol around 30 percent of it to be exact. so get yur 99 attack lvl and hit through defenses. yup.
  • cheddydank
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I call sad troll attempt here b:shutup.

If in 5 years you haven't learnt the pve, pvp side of bm, i am sorry to say, things suck for you.

Only sin that steals agro from my +10 is a g16+8 sin. At +12, +10 sins are equalish. So the end result is that bm farm just as fast,better compared to sins in my experience. Far easier to live with a bm compared to sin.

Mystics by far are the worst class to pvp against bm in 1vs1. A lvl 80+ mystic could kill you easy.

sin has way more damage than BM, and can use bp and crit dmg multiplying buffs, not to mention ribstrike and many other awesome sin moves such as stealth, and btw haha lvl 80 mytics, my bm's g16 axes can 1 hit them at 80 with smack... ive learned alot over 5 yrs, im no troller either, i dont troll, i also dont post unless i have to, see 11th post. if your trying to say that BM is equal toeveryclass atm then you sir are WRONG lol (102 r9rr bm, 101 sage bp sin +10 weps here, seen both worlds myself.)
    icould name all bm skills and what they do off the top of my head. and ive used bm everyday almost. if a human doesnt know a simple pwi class after that long then yes, would be sad for me, but fortunately, i know my bm. its my main and has been the whole time. i watched bm go through all the updates, i felt the changes. i know what im saying. only thing my bm could do with is more DoD/+10/11/12 things. (HP)
    also its like you guys arnt even listening just trying to get all up in my grill lol well keep trying, im strong on this. ive been raging about it since r9 first surfaced, so yeah... ive had along time to think on this.
  • SpearSpark - Heavens Tear
    SpearSpark - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    bm isnt so bad, its just the purify on casters kinda ended our stun lock glory, the only classes i struggle with sometimes is psy (i cant free up a genie slot for willsurge) it can be annoying and archers when theres a few of them all shotting at me, just self buff i get hit 15 to 18k from time to time when they are just auto attacking lol, r9rr bm +11 weapon orn , and +7 armors here, i dont have the best gear either, but we all played bm this long cuz we like the play style of bm and lets just hope in the future we get some better skill rebalance xD i always believe one day bm will get better skill balance.
    往事如烟
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Blademaster?

Yeah I suppose but I'm too stupid to do any math. I like blademaster cause...

I like to get touched in many ways through the elements of the earth or a veno's pataka shoved up in my ear. All I can really say is that Purify pooped on us but I think it's still effective in group fights just cause everyone hits you and not your DDs. Build Tanky, be a gardening hoe and get used and dirty. And play support-aggressive and die for your woman.

And it's fun, I played for like 4 years, not compared to your 5 years but I just can't seem to let it go. I have a personal problem playing other classes where I'm supposed to do things that I don't do and do other things that get me killed (Archer easy mode).

So... can we get sage/demon sprints finally?
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • frendlydaddy1
    frendlydaddy1 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    bm isnt so bad, its just the purify on casters kinda ended our stun lock glory, the only classes i struggle with sometimes is psy (i cant free up a genie slot for willsurge) it can be annoying and archers when theres a few of them all shotting at me, just self buff i get hit 15 to 18k from time to time when they are just auto attacking lol, r9rr bm +11 weapon orn , and +7 armors here, i dont have the best gear either, but we all played bm this long cuz we like the play style of bm and lets just hope in the future we get some better skill rebalance xD i always believe one day bm will get better skill balance.

yes like getting pole to do real damage... and maybe making pole a lil stronger or something.

at least sword have uses with seeker

pole so far nothing

but i dont care i play for fun

if you dont play for fun why play
  • DragoAhmad - Archosaur
    DragoAhmad - Archosaur Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Blademaster?

Yeah I suppose but I'm too stupid to do any math. I like blademaster cause...

I like to get touched in many ways through the elements of the earth or a veno's pataka shoved up in my ear. All I can really say is that Purify pooped on us but I think it's still effective in group fights just cause everyone hits you and not your DDs. Build Tanky, be a gardening hoe and get used and dirty. And play support-aggressive and die for your woman.

And it's fun, I played for like 4 years, not compared to your 5 years but I just can't seem to let it go. I have a personal problem playing other classes where I'm supposed to do things that I don't do and do other things that get me killed (Archer easy mode).

So... can we get sage/demon sprints finally?

What he said.

And yeah, with Sage/Demon Sprints, can we get Sage/Demon Leaps too?
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I decided not to reply, since further replies from me will spiral down into a flame war and get this thread closed b:surrender. The topic is valid and should be discussed.

Demon/sage leaps b:dirty, i wants nao b:pleased.
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    also BM has to use cheap shabby gear to keep 5 aps(tt99)

The 5aps argument is junk. Assassins in APS gear are in a worse position (defensively) than BMs.

I don't know much about BMs, but the "QQ BMs suck for APS" is ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Mg_Zr - Harshlands
    _Mg_Zr - Harshlands Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    The 5aps argument is junk. Assassins in APS gear are in a worse position (defensively) than BMs.

Was in a squad with a bm who had 22k hp buffed in aps gear granted he was only 2.86 base but thats still pretty good if you ask me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - 102 Demon Kitty Kat

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move."
    - Douglas Adams
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I might be wrong but doesn't the disarm skill (which lasts quite a bit) de-activate purify?
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

BMs two on demand force stealths, one regular stealth, and a high APS zerk weapon. Or long distance teleports.
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    BMs are weak because you are weak? f:laugh
    Sage barb in progress.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I've felt that BMs are weak for a while, but BM is the 7th class I've learned. I was really disappointed with the G15 Morai Axes' dmg in RB and such. I was going to get some G16 (n3), but read a BM say how much dmg they got from them there and changed my mind. Usually when someone reports their dmg they exaggerate, and theirs was a pathetic 4k or so.

Claw dmg is equally pathetic compared to a sin's melee dmg.

I dropped the aps and restated 100 points off dex today onto str. I think the whole sacrifice for aps mentality is what made BMs weak.

BMs do have ranged attacks. All the L100 Morai attacks are ranged, then you have Far Strike, and Drake's Ray.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

A bm's aps ability is far worse than that of a sins, especially when the bm debuff's the bosses, even if a sin subsea strikes, they still don't have to waste time to reequip their fists/claws for 5.0 sparking.

The builds play a huge role in the damage output of a sin/bm, a sin can focus a lot more points into dex to dish out as much damage as possible, and they can arguably get it far easier than bm's. (the r8 chest piece) Blademasters can't focus on their 'damage' multiplier as much as sins, since they have to poor so much dex into the build just to equip the fists/claws. (granted sins need 105 str to equip their light armor, that is still a significant amount less of what a bm would have to do to maximize their damage output while still being able to equip fists/claws.

---

As for the original topic, I do agree bm's are quite lackluster. I have noticed for quite some time how few bms are actually in mass pvp these days, not to mention I have seen more people wcing for bms specifically more than a barb/cleric for specific PVE instances.

It is quite sad/frustrating as all get out knowing how lackluster a bm is, even in true end game gear, I have heard/read about how much they suck for it. (Not to mention the fact that I have seen what the EXACT same gears I have does for my other 'ha/melee' chars, I feel that a sin has far more options for surviving/possibly getting to others than bm's, ergo I do believe they are hands down the class with the most disadvantages.)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    A bm's aps ability is far worse than that of a sins, especially when the bm debuff's the bosses, even if a sin subsea strikes, they still don't have to waste time to reequip their fists/claws for 5.0 sparking.

The builds play a huge role in the damage output of a sin/bm, a sin can focus a lot more points into dex to dish out as much damage as possible, and they can arguably get it far easier than bm's. (the r8 chest piece) Blademasters can't focus on their 'damage' multiplier as much as sins, since they have to poor so much dex into the build just to equip the fists/claws. (granted sins need 105 str to equip their light armor, that is still a significant amount less of what a bm would have to do to maximize their damage output while still being able to equip fists/claws.

---

As for the original topic, I do agree bm's are quite lackluster. I have noticed for quite some time how few bms are actually in mass pvp these days, not to mention I have seen more people wcing for bms specifically more than a barb/cleric for specific PVE instances.

It is quite sad/frustrating as all get out knowing how lackluster a bm is, even in true end game gear, I have heard/read about how much they suck for it. (Not to mention the fact that I have seen what the EXACT same gears I have does for my other 'ha/melee' chars, I feel that a sin has far more options for surviving/possibly getting to others than bm's, ergo I do believe they are hands down the class with the most disadvantages.)

Good luck getting anyone but a BM to admit it though. It takes a special kind of **** to play one.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Good luck getting anyone but a BM to admit it though. It takes a special kind of **** to play one.

Nah clerics are more masochistic, BM's trend towards sadism.

C'mon stunning somone then beating them to death with your bare hands while giggleing? That sir is the bm charm.

Or mabey thats just me
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    At least you got stuns out of every orfice, leaps, marrows, the best armor ingame, are kings of crowd control, HF (and lol, you can hotkey fists the moment HF's channeling ends-->very quickly), a long *** antistun, APS/axe option at your fingertips, are a PVE beast b:surrender

Us poor archers, on the other hand...our leaps have 35 ******n second cooldown lol.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Rubybeard - Archosaur
    Rubybeard - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    bm = most fun for solo pve, for pvp wise i am not sure, i kinda agree with the fact that bm is really weak for pvp.

really pissed when i tried to pk 1v 1 againts seeker in the same level, even if i have better refine they still hurt me, they have both pysichal and elemental damage (metal mostly).

we are really weak againts caster especially PSY. I think BM need to get buffed like make their normal attack damage same or close to a sin would be a good idea.

other thing i notice of being a bm, you have to spend lot of money because we dont use 1 weapon only. but being a bm is really fun, and i still think bm is the hardest class to play for PK wise, cause we have to use good combos like stun lock,crowd controlling, and debuffing.
  • MasterPerian - Lost City
    MasterPerian - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    hello all, ive been a BM for over 5 yrs now and ive experienced all the changes to pwi around blademasters, and i must say bm has gotten weaker compared to the other classes, when sin and psy came out they both could thrash bm, same with seeker and mystic. and now all the other classes too, the only class bm is matched against is its own class, a BM!...
    Right heres why. Attack level hits through defences, so BM's bell buff is made pointless along with the marrows which bm use to need to be even with AA users, and gain the edge it needs to be matched against other phys classes, attack lvl ruined bm, on topof that the 5 aps nerf has also made bm weak where it DID NOT NEED IT, we have less dex, (around 200) and sin has like near 500, so the acuracy nerf on 5 aps killed bm way more, also BM has to use cheap shabby gear to keep 5 aps(tt99). so that is worthless buffs pretty much, BM's good side nerfed, and u HAVE to use **** gears with low defense... how can pwi make BM any weaker?? or better yet how about giving them an edge again so they can be fair in NW. like a skill which temporailly raises acurracy, or something that reduces BOTH types of dmg taken for a short period(like a weaker version of the apo) or make BMs specific r9 gears have something they Need, like why give psy soulforce on belt? THEY ARE OP AS IT IS TY

main point, bm IS actually the weakest class at the moment, if u got r9rr all classes to fight a r9rr bm he'd lose, and thats pure axe, if the bm is aps then its a definate loss to all classes.
    archers metal attack can 1 hit bm, psy=1hit, wiz=1hit, cleric=1 hit, sin stealths and comes out imapiring you and killing bm, mystic 1 hits, barb can destroy bm too while the bm does F ALL dmg. dont mention Veno bm has no chance. seeker is phys armour and hits magic, so it defends us very well, and hits us right in the weakspot. where is bM's strength? bm's strength is in taking down pple that r a lower lvl than the bm? how sad. oh theres alot more, like for instance the BM must run up to whoever they are fighting to do anything, but goodluck... u might get 1 hit trying that, also if a caster doees AD while your trying to get to them, u cant stun and they kill u. as bm stun lock is a dodgy way to win, but its like there ONLY HOPE

apparently your 5 years of game play was pretty pointless. I see r9 3rd cast +12 BM's still destroying multiple people all the time. You been playing 5 years get with the program and then you will see BM is still amazing.

Ex : me 22k HP Wiz with flag gets hit by +12 Full r9rrr BM with dex build... OMG! I just magically got hit for 18k wtf!?

either way i just think your super under geared and this is a QQ thread.
    What can you expect from filthy little heathens? Their whole disgusting race is like a curse. Their skin's a hellish red they're only good when dead they're vermin, as I said and worse. They're Savages! Savages! Barely even human. Savages! Savages! Drive them from our shore! They're not like you and me
    which means they must be evil we must sound the drums of war! They're Savages! Savages! Dirty redskin devils! Now we sound the drums of war!
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Options
    apparently your 5 years of game play was pretty pointless. I see r9 3rd cast +12 BM's still destroying multiple people all the time. You been playing 5 years get with the program and then you will see BM is still amazing.

Ex : me 22k HP Wiz with flag gets hit by +12 Full r9rrr BM with dex build... OMG! I just magically got hit for 18k wtf!?

either way i just think your super under geared and this is a QQ thread.

Wow you let them set up a crapton of debuffs on you

that or your phys def/def level suck
  • MasterPerian - Lost City
    MasterPerian - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Wow you let them set up a crapton of debuffs on you

that or your phys def/def level suck

60 def lvls 20k pdef and BM zerk crits me for 18k. Its doable he didn't debuff me hes just thats strong.
    What can you expect from filthy little heathens? Their whole disgusting race is like a curse. Their skin's a hellish red they're only good when dead they're vermin, as I said and worse. They're Savages! Savages! Barely even human. Savages! Savages! Drive them from our shore! They're not like you and me
    which means they must be evil we must sound the drums of war! They're Savages! Savages! Dirty redskin devils! Now we sound the drums of war!
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    At least you got stuns out of every orfice, leaps, marrows, the best armor ingame, are kings of crowd control, HF (and lol, you can hotkey fists the moment HF's channeling ends-->very quickly), a long *** antistun, APS/axe option at your fingertips, are a PVE beast b:surrender

Us poor archers, on the other hand...our leaps have 35 ******n second cooldown lol.
    All of that costs a **** load of chi, (save marrows, and armors)

I dont see people running from bms who are earlyish end game, since they are such easy one shots for MANY people casters, and archers alike; however, I have seen numerous people getting alcapwned by many archers/casters before they get near. (Neither marrow is a good idea at all in mass pvp... too easy for someone else to make us pay for our choice of marrows. Stuns are a joke with how many ways there is to break out of it, and immoblize/sleep is an even bigger joke since the caster/archer can still attack. (casters/rangers have ranged/damage factors on their side, long before bm's even gets near them. Throw all that in with how easy it is to 'surprise a bm, and if they are early endgame, they wont live long at all, period.)

As for the "bm's being strong and badass endgame," of course they are so is every other class.

I have played every class, and I have seen what every other class is capable of earlyish endgame, and the one that has the most disadvantages by far is the bm. (barbs have their shields, and sins, have quite a few ways to sneak up to someone else and pwn them, all while having a kickass return on chi. Blademaster's on the other hand don't have much of a chance at all to get near anyone to even begin to try to stunlock... which is almost a non factor these days with genies/apo/purify proc.) At least with archers, casters, seekers, barbs, and even sins are quite plentiful in nws, not to mention an ability to attack others with quite a bit of ease thanks to their shields/hp, and sins tidal, deaden nerves, and stealth... but as for the bm... that is the only class I rarely see in nw battles, so few ways to truly survive even a little, (with their own built in skills.)

----

Meh if I didn't find the class enjoyable in pve... I so wouldn't care about this at all.

Really though if the gameplay on a char that is earlyish endgame is horrendous (no matter what skills are used... I don't see why they would expect anyone to enjoy it enough to make it endgame, there are far better options for spending money on this game/spending in game coin to get r9/r93r. (Seekers ftw!)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    bm = most fun for solo pve, for pvp wise i am not sure, i kinda agree with the fact that bm is really weak for pvp.

really pissed when i tried to pk 1v 1 againts seeker in the same level, even if i have better refine they still hurt me, they have both pysichal and elemental damage (metal mostly).

we are really weak againts caster especially PSY. I think BM need to get buffed like make their normal attack damage same or close to a sin would be a good idea.

other thing i notice of being a bm, you have to spend lot of money because we dont use 1 weapon only. but being a bm is really fun, and i still think bm is the hardest class to play for PK wise, cause we have to use good combos like stun lock,crowd controlling, and debuffing.

You're asking for a 3-2 stat spread class to compete with a 1-4

ok

Also G16 fist/claw is already near equivalent to G16 daggers.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive