Undocumented Changes [3-20-2013]

Comments

• Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    v4liance wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll add this to the list, and we'll get this addressed ASAP.

- Val

Thank God. I was gonna say...

I get we have a Monday 8pm timeslot, but that's waaaay in the back. The top two priority timeslots of 8pm and 2pm on Saturday are great.

8pm Monday as a primary timeslot? Oh man, SOOOOOO many europeans on east coast servers would be livid. That's like 3am Tuesday....
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thank God. I was gonna say...

I get we have a Monday 8pm timeslot, but that's waaaay in the back. The top two priority timeslots of 8pm and 2pm on Saturday are great.

8pm Monday as a primary timeslot? Oh man, SOOOOOO many europeans on east coast servers would be livid. That's like 3am Tuesday....

This. Lets hope this doesn't happen. The faction my Barb is in, like 10 out of like 70 of them would be able to make it.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • darknessofmy
    darknessofmy Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    New Event add? anyone got a idea when this event start.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    And there's already a thread for that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Duels have actually behaved like that for at least a year or so and probably longer.
    I remember being able to block a veno's purge with Wings of Grace in TW but that doesn't work in duels. It is confusing but I don't think anything has changed.

Yeah, this is nothing new, immune has worked differently in duels than everywhere else for years. It has definitely been like that since at LEAST 2009 (when I first noticed it), but likely has always been like that in pwi. Mods, you can remove this item from undocumented changes.. as this was not a change lol
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    Nature_God - Sanctuary Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I hope all power levelers get error.
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The bottom line is that there are too many powerful people who don't know how to play their toon, beyond spamming an attack button or two. And a great many people who zoom past the intended gameplay lack an appreciation for protocol or etiquette.

Now don't get your undies in a bunch if you started the game yesterday and are a perfect 105-level player today. You are the exception. And yes, I mean you.

Of course there are good and polite noobs and bad, jerky veterans. But I've seen a big change in the quality of gamesmanship, starting about the time goons broke onto the scene. And it DOES detract from enjoyment of the game.

I apologize in advance to those who will take offense at this but that's my observation and opinion. I don't mean to hamper your billion-coin business of selling game-bypass-opportunity, but the game is breaking down because the more of the people at the top haven't paid their dues and don't understand protocol.

That's why I want to see restrictions on FC. There's nothing wrong with requiring people to actually play the game. There's no fairness issue. Nobody owes us anything. Why can't we just play, instead of looking for a handout to allow us to not play?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Noodlelicous - Dreamweaver
    Noodlelicous - Dreamweaver Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I just want to say thank you to Val and any others on the PWI team that are working as fast as they can to fix these problems and also keeping us pretty much updated.
  • acebeat012
    acebeat012 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    v4liance wrote: »
    -Barbarian's new intense Sage True Form now deals 100% damage (same as Demon). This renders Sage True Form being at a much higher advantage than Demon than before.

Why this change for sage? Demon True Form should get the +10% more hp like sage, or just take the 100% damage off of sage. Really isn't fair for the demon barbs out there with sage barb skills just getting more better.....
  • _NoMorePain - Dreamweaver
    _NoMorePain - Dreamweaver Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Has the TT drop rate being lowered been confirmed yet? And if it has been confirmed will that be fixed in the next maintenance?
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I might as well add log in issues to your list Hey You! Well, I hope this is an issue because of the update... otherwise my alt account got **** and im SOL on getting it back at all b:surrender

Send in a ticket.
  • Ilere - Sanctuary
    Ilere - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I realize this is not very important game-mechanic-wise, but since this is a bug thread im giving it a shot..
    Ive got the full saphire set, and the parakeet set among other fashion sets..
    After wearing either of the two, the effects of them stay. I tested this with another female guildie.
    Right now my cleric is in a Lovebird dress, but she's showing a parakeet on her shoulder and flickering effects on her back and heels, consistent with the sapphire and parakeet set. No matter how many times i change outfits, the effects stay.
  • _Sheyia_ - Raging Tide
    _Sheyia_ - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Has the TT drop rate being lowered been confirmed yet? And if it has been confirmed will that be fixed in the next maintenance?

Yes the TT drop is still glitched. Today I made 6 runs again in TT 3-1 and got almost nothing. Just purple mats. b:shocked
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    During the last expansion with the NW, the NW map that was used for pwi did not have labels at first. How can we verify (what in game files do we check for) that with this mini expansion, the new and much expanded NW map has labels as well?
  • Oups_Dead - Harshlands
    Oups_Dead - Harshlands Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    During the last expansion with the NW, the NW map that was used for pwi did not have labels at first. How can we verify (what in game files do we check for) that with this mini expansion, the new and much expanded NW map has labels as well?

can't u wait till tomorrow dude? honestly... it's the least of our worries atm ;)
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    can't u wait till tomorrow dude? honestly... it's the least of our worries atm ;)

Sorry, just trying to solve something that can be solved with a quick fixed. The first time it happened, it threw off my entire squad, and the NW group experience was a mess.

I like to be prepared for things. If PWI thought ahead and had tried to expect the unexpected, all these glitches probably won't have been presented to us and this thread would not exist.
    edited March 2013
    Sorry, just trying to solve something that can be solved with a quick fixed. The first time it happened, it threw off my entire squad, and the NW group experience was a mess.

I like to be prepared for things. If PWI thought ahead and had tried to expect the unexpected, all these glitches probably won't have been presented to us and this thread would not exist.

I'd be prepared just in case it isn't and give everyone in your squad a copy of the labeled map that they can bring up. That's what we did before they labeled the last NW map and helped a lot.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Kind of more problematic elaboration about fox forme and true forme level one being put in the learnable skill window after learning the Imbued/Intense formes...
    Saku said that she went to learn the rest of her fox forme skills after learning the advanced formes, but couldn't because that *level one fox forme* was in the window o-o
    So for anyone who's taking these quests to get the new form, make sure to have your forme skill levels that are attached to the forme in the tree so that you're not stuck with a low level version of them until this is fixed and the tree recognizes the imbued skills as part of the fox forme tree.
    I think that means that once someone learns the advanced forme, they won't be able to sage/demon any skills in the fox tree, until then, either.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    I'd be prepared just in case it isn't and give everyone in your squad a copy of the labeled map that they can bring up. That's what we did before they labeled the last NW map and helped a lot.

Do you have a link to the new map? All my google searches shows the old small map and it's not on the news page either.
  • zionwarrior
    zionwarrior Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    For a funny undocumented change if you are sage veno with the old veno foxform still you can use li's technique an it sounds like the tiger form version hope you enjoy ^_^b:chuckle
    340e1f28-2806-453d-8005-5420e7eb9a6b.jpg
    Check my older posts by profile I am far older than 2010 I was from beta just got on forums in 2008 otc for the first time.
    edited March 2013
    Do you have a link to the new map? All my google searches shows the old small map and it's not on the news page either.

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/www/01/99/0199a64a7a2881e96be6867299572f8d1362702576.jpg
  • RedWoodred - Harshlands
    RedWoodred - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    One thing I did not see addressed is the glitching in Theater of Blood.
    Can't pick up, can't attack, can't log out, can't remove gear, but CAN be killed by the other players and bloods/sword drops.

If a person glitched in Theater can find a relatively calm place to hang out, for a few minutes, and keep trying to run around, they will rubberband back to where the issue began. I have players in squad and Ventrilo who tell me that they are running all over the instance, and yet on the rest of the squad's screens, that player has not moved.

Another issue, though not as detrimental, is dealing with fashion. I set up with my fashion rotation and any special effects attributed to a specific item or set will not switch out when the fashion changes. So, by the end of my rotation, no matter what I'm wearing at the time, I have a parakeet on my shoulder, the interesting flash of wings from the Sapphire set, the glow of gems from another set placed in odd places along my back and front, etc. I don't really mind it, but it is a glitch.
    Cash-shopper? That just means I have farmed REAL LIFE, and I want to spend my recreational funds in this game. +12 or GTFO!
    ---
    RedWoodred (Full 2nd Cast Nirvana AA Sage Veno); WiskrBisquit (Rank 9 2nd Cast Sage Archer); Puuka (Rank 8 Sage Psychic); Kanu_Unchou (Demon BM Nirvana Farmer); \Wasabi (Assassin); AerynSoon (Full G16+ Sage Seeker); DawnTreader (Mystic)
  • Peccable - Raging Tide
    Peccable - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The "COF Directorate Secret Letter" from "Luminance Tactician Mur" is no longer tradable.
  • Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    Vyvyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I can confirm that new players still don't receive the supply stash, I did created a bm to try it and didn't got it, so it's confirmed it didn't got fix.

Now I need 7 days to delete that bm. -.-

I made a new wizard today and got one just fine.
  • Danoria_ - Lost City
    Danoria_ - Lost City Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Derp Just scroll down slightly. It's right there. On the news thread.

Also, a couple things I noticed (whether they have been there and I'm just now noticing, or someone has already mentioned, I figure it's worth noting) the level guide when you lvl up is prettier again, with icons and such. Also, there is a new button in the action window, right after dance for weapon fashion. Probably just from this in the Chinese version. And I pray to god it stays only in the Chinese version, short of us getting better looking weapon fashion...

Just cosmetic details, but meh.

Also, what about characters who were created during the supply stash lapse? I made a seeker in that time, and put a lot of hard (non-powerleveled) time into her, despite my best efforts to wait until the stashes came back. (Ok, that effort died after maybe a week, due to the doubt that they'd ever come back in the first place.) I did get a dreamchaser pack for her, but I miss the stacks upon stacks of pots given from the supply stash. b:cry
  • zoube
    zoube Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    For the Astral Shard Quest: npc still not here, but quest can be trashed now.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Not sure if anyone mentioned this before but the TW times seem to be slightly messed up.

All the TWs that were supposedly going to be at Saturday 2PM server time are now moved to 8PM Monday instead.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • XARMAGEDDONx - Dreamweaver
    XARMAGEDDONx - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    These are the glitchest ive been finding with most of my characters ever since i update the new patch for pwi.

I'm experiencing alot of problems with this recent update patch. Ever since this new update the problems I've been having on my barb is that i'm not hitting as hard as i use to be i'm not able to take out any monsters or bosses fast enough with my barb being in either human/tiger or panda form, whenever i need to tank something for my guild members or a friend or try to solo something for one of my alts i'm taking 3 times the damage, usually i don't take that much of damage and it takes alot of hits to bring me down but now since this recent update came out I'm not able to survive alot of hits even on tiger form no matter what i try to do in the game.

Also after this update, I've been realizing that my physical attack and defense, magic resistance, and my soulforce is not the same at all as of lately like it use to be before, the update. It seems after the update my stats where cut in half, my physical attack and my defense, magic resistance and my soulforce is not all there at all and I'm having problems soloing, and keeping the squad alive at the same time.

Another thing, I've been realizing that ever since the patch came out for the g16 and the r93rr gears my skills aren't casting out fast enough to keep my squad members alive whatsoever especially for the barbs class and some other classes that keeps giving me the same exact problems i play different kind of classes and its giving me the same exact problems, i know there's nothing wrong with my internet because, i always have good connection whenever i try to do something in pwi. But mainly the problems i've been having is in WS on keeping the squad alive as much as possible with throwing out the caster gear, i know I'm not the only barb that's having this kind of problems because, i've been talking to other barbs on pwi and there all are having the same exact problems they can't throw out there skills fast enough just to save the squad from dying.

Another thing i just realized is that i did a SOT run for my bm and i did realize something my physical defense is not the same as before the update i usually have 23k with bell and cleric buffs now with demon bell and cleric buffs im standing at 16k phys def all of a sudden my bm's defense is not the same thing as it is normally at all

Another thing i did realize is that when u go to the jewlescraftsman in any town the and u click the crafting in one of the tabs the DOT's and the DoDs are missing as well.

I know u are trying to fix the warsong glitches and other glitches, but is there any possible way u can do to fix the character's stats so that way they won't be nerf that much.
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Duels have actually behaved like that for at least a year or so and probably longer.
    I remember being able to block a veno's purge with Wings of Grace in TW but that doesn't work in duels. It is confusing but I don't think anything has changed.

Ah I see. I never notice because I never duel anyone, and have never tried tele-stunning when they're in immunity, since that's a waste of a stun in "normal" situations, where it does block it.

A majority of people I were testing with, who were seasoned PWI players, thought this was a new bug as well. It's quite confusing because players who practice PvP via dueling will think it's possible to do certain things not in normal PvP.
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    Ah I see. I never notice because I never duel anyone, and have never tried tele-stunning when they're in immunity, since that's a waste of a stun in "normal" situations, where it does block it.

A majority of people I were testing with, who were seasoned PWI players, thought this was a new bug as well. It's quite confusing because players who practice PvP via dueling will think it's possible to do certain things not in normal PvP.

Ya. Dueling someone was always like this. I was shocked back when i first found out as well 1 year ago. Tho, that was the only time i ever dueled someone lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.