Undocumented Changes [3-20-2013]

v4liance
v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion
Hey everyone,

I wanted to address some of the changes made in the latest content update.

1) Frostcovered City no longer supports hyper exp.

2) Weapon molds are missing from Warsong City.

If there are additional issues you wish addressed, please describe them in this thread.

These changes were not intended by the PWE team, and we will be speaking with the development team to determine how quickly we can revert these changes.

I want to be honest with you all here - these changes caught us by surprise, and I'm truly sorry that we weren't able to address them before they went live.

We'll be doing everything we can to fix these issues as soon as we can, and I'll be keeping you all posted here.

Note: Please keep this thread as a place for reporting issues. Any debate over the legitimacy of certain changes, such as the FCC update, should be kept in other threads.

[Updated items]

- Invisible walls in Seat of Torment and Warsong now prevent players from teleporting by jumping down. Working on getting this fixed right now.
- TW rewards changed back to Mirage Celestones only. Will be fixed with next patch.
- Twilight Temple drop rate has been substantially reduced. (Unconfirmed; need specific examples and we'll keep checking.)
- TW time slots changed. We'll have a fix with the next patch.
- People on your friends list are shown logging out as normal, but it does *not* show them logging in. (unconfirmed; will check on this.)
- Class names not appearing correctly in the drop-down menu of the "Skills" section of the Encyclopedia.

Regarding the FCC issue:
- I'm seeing a lot of support to keep this change, or at least to have a modified version. Since it's on the table, I'll see if we can start discussing possible alternatives, such as setting a level limit, or a hyper exp lvl requirement for FCC. I cannot promise that we'll be able to get this fixed, let alone to everyone's satisfaction, but we'll do our best.

- Val

Moderator Added Updates:

*reserved for updates to the list made by moderators*

(Skaitavia) Some things that have been noticed:
-Guards in Broken Ridge that are required to talk to for a quest will openly attack red-named characters.
-On the log-in screen, on weapons, and in faction rosters class names have been shortened ("bar 103" instead of "barbarian lvl 103")
-Server name does not show up on the client screen before logging in (it will say "Server: [EN-PvE]" or something like that)
-Barbarian's new intense Sage True Form now deals 100% damage (same as Demon). This renders Sage True Form being at a much higher advantage than Demon than before.
-It is impossible to look up skills in the encyclopedia now.

(Venus)
Perfect Flesh is not showing up in every server in Daily Bounty Hunter: Advanced Gribding Machine quest..
-Attendance and talisman trade window being bigger, little impact.
-The 2nd chat window (named general in the chat channel set-up, which at standard only display exp/sp), now everytime you minimize the game and re-maximise it, it goes back to it's default spot, be it full screen or window. Get annoying fast to anyone who used a different spot for it (used to not go back to default in the past when re-logging on the character, but that was live-able).
-when you pick up your BH2 reward, the window has increased substantially. There are now 5 spaces listed after the normal three items.
-The Mysterious Old Man's Nirvana Talisman turn in box when selecting Chips/Mirages/Subs has been made bigger.
-Rather insignificant but gear signature requires 5 inks regardless of how many letters, not one ink per letter as stated.
-There's also a new animation for the genie skill tangle mire.
-(Old) All classes can be STUNNED/SLEPT/DISABLED/AMP'D/DEBUFFED/PURGED through ironguard, absolute domain and feral concentration while in a duel, as long as the debuff does not carry damage (i.e. Cleric's SoG, sleep, BM's Roar stun, Assassin's and Seeker's telestun, Psychic's SoS, etc).
-Barb trainers allow barbarians who already have level 10/sage/demon true form to learn level 1 again.
Fashion Effects are staying behind after user switches fashion.

[UPDATE - 3-21-2013]

FCC issue
- Devs are going to reverse this change, thereby re-enabling hyper-exp in FCC, so hopefully we'll have this fixed with our next maintenance.
- Regarding alternative "solutions," such as a level cap - I think we need to continue discussing this over a longer period of time. But for now, we're going to try to revert this change ASAP and re-enable hyper exp in FCC.

TW rewards
- Devs are going to fix this, and hopefully we'll have it out with our next maintenance.
- That being said, there is a high chance that this week's rewards will be Mirage Celestones.
- the US PWI Team is on top of making sure each Faction leader will still be appropriately compensated with Ten Million Big Notes, and not just Mirage Celestones. I'll make a separate announcement about this, but I wanted to let everyone know here that we intend to manually address this until it's fixed in game.

Warsong City weapon molds
- we're still working on getting this fixed. I'll post here once I get more information on this. But please know that this is a very high priority for us, and we will absolutely fight to get this resolved ASAP.

[UPDATE - 3-22-2013]

- TW schedule and rewards will be fixed with the next maintenance. Unfortunately, this means this weekend's Territory Wars will remain on the mistaken schedule.

- The Advanced Grinding machine's Perfect Flesh drop rates will be fixed with the next maintenance.

- We're still working on getting the weapon mold drops of Warsong City sorted.

- Regarding Twilight Temple drop rates - does anyone have specific monsters they can point to? Please post PWDatabase links in your responses, if possible.

- Server Titles on the login screen will be fixed with the next maintenance.

[UPDATE - 3-25-2013]

- Warsong City weapon mold drops will be fixed in the next update.

- Val
Post edited by v4liance on

Comments

• krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    in b4 rage!!!

Also, aww! xD.

Guess you guys will get your precious hyper room back. -_-
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Can't wait to see this.
  • MoonXStarz - Archosaur
    MoonXStarz - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What about TT drop rate? was this a bug as well?
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Pretty nice that they are being upfront and honest with the players- Very nice change.
    Hopefully it gets fixed soon.
  • Xdmghyper - Lost City
    Xdmghyper - Lost City Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for the saving the day! b:pleased
  • Ladyblondeh - Raging Tide
    Ladyblondeh - Raging Tide Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    was it intented to not be able to jump down from sot or warsong "platform" b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY Silvy for Epic Sig <3
    - Sage BM 0.87aps and loving it <3
    youtube.com/channel/UCaZIAPCmpfzSc1ly3mbhjdg
    pwcalc.com/ec23068c36b42d0d somewhere close
  • Tulipia - Dreamweaver
    Tulipia - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    All that's left now is the Jone's Blessing b:cute
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    There are apparently walls in SoT and Warsong now preventing people from teleing by jumping down. :P

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This happens with pretty much every content update. You'd think people would have learned by now.

But really though whatever tools PWI is using to maintain different versions of the game should have been fixed long ago. We keep seeing these weird PWCN settings creeping there way into PWI like the SP pk settings.
    was it intented to not be able to jump down from sot or warsong "platform" b:surrender

Wait so I can't jump around the wall any more in SoT? Lame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The walls in SoT actually can prevent you from picking up drops. e__e This sucks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This happens with pretty much every content update. You'd think people would have learned by now.

But really though whatever tools PWI is using to maintain different versions of the game should have been fixed long ago. We keep seeing these weird PWCN settings creeping there way into PWI like the SP pk settings.

Wait so I can't jump around the wall any more in SoT? Lame.

No, you cant leap off the edges in SoT or Warsong anymore and teleport back to the start. Getting around a Door via any of the multiple methods is still, an exploit as far as I last heard.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • LolyLove - Raging Tide
    LolyLove - Raging Tide Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ty for been honest with us.. Keep informing us about it as soon you get a solution about it thanksb:victory
  • Levantica - Raging Tide
    Levantica - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The facebook blessing for new characters still dont work. Other bugs then no drop in Warsong and hyper in FC, i did not see yet. But thank you a lot for trying to fix the problems.
  • StabbyCakes - Heavens Tear
    StabbyCakes - Heavens Tear Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, thank you V4liance. I swear, you're the best thing to happen to this game in years. With all the problems and disappointments we could have been experiencing, your transparency and sheer determination to keep this game together may- in fact- be the glue that is keeping a lot of the older players still here.

I know I am incredibly stoked that we finally have a GM who thinks on his toes, keeps generating new ideas, and handles tough situations with a little clarity.

Just wanted to say you're appreciated.

(Dun hate. Appreciate.)
    [SIGPIC]Win.[/SIGPIC]
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It was mentioned that Sage Pandas deal full damage in Panda form. Is this intentional?
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have a serious question for v4liance.

Now that the subject has been brought up... would you consider posting a poll to garner public opinion on the Frost issue? A lot of people were hopeful that this change was intended and permenant, or at least that Frost entry would be capped at 75 or 80. I think it would be great if we could get a public poll with the question "should Frost entry be capped at Level 75" or something, with just yes and no answers, and let the results be passed on to wanmei.

I know they're mostly deaf to our pleas, but I feel like given the situation, we can raise a bit of noise for this. Please consider this, v4l.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited March 2013
    I have a serious question for v4liance.

Now that the subject has been brought up... would you consider posting a poll to garner public opinion on the Frost issue? A lot of people were hopeful that this change was intended and permenant, or at least that Frost entry would be capped at 75 or 80. I think it would be great if we could get a public poll with the question "should Frost entry be capped at Level 75" or something, with just yes and no answers, and let the results be passed on to wanmei.

I know they're mostly deaf to our pleas, but I feel like given the situation, we can raise a bit of noise for this. Please consider this, v4l.

Ask on facebook and twitter as well look at the result of Kris's poll. :3

• Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ask on facebook and twitter as well look at the result of Kris's poll. :3
    Yes, the timing was uncanny. Go go go, people. :)

I'm very hopeful that v4l will take a look at the results and encourage wanmei to act accordingly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    No, you cant leap off the edges in SoT or Warsong anymore and teleport back to the start. Getting around a Door via any of the multiple methods is still, an exploit as far as I last heard.

getting around a door? sounds funny :D
    "hey dude, come in"
    "nah, i rather get around the door"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    getting around a door? sounds funny :D
    "hey dude, come in"
    "nah, i rather get around the door"

Yea its not just the jump trick, there is quite a few methods.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • JessyWolf - Archosaur
    JessyWolf - Archosaur Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    OK So I have seen that the venomancer shape shifting skill has changed and is now a 9 tailed fox instead of the orange one that we all know, and that the barb is now some panda form instead of the white tiger we all know. Now I want to know how do you get them ? I am doing the update right now and when I saw this I was like omg ! I have to check that and go into my veno ! But is it there, like the little orange fox that we all have now looks like this one in the picture ? Because if thats so then that would be awesome !! But how do you get it ?? Any help appreciated ^.^ b:cute
    "Within Us all there lies a Wolf laying in wait until called upon" f:fan
    Its true f:shy ^_^
    "Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle" f:victory :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    v4liance wrote: »
    Regarding the FCC issue:
    - I'm seeing a lot of support to keep this change, or at least to have a modified version. Since it's on the table, I'll see if we can start discussing possible alternatives, such as setting a level limit, or a hyper exp lvl requirement for FCC. I cannot promise that we'll be able to get this fixed, let alone to everyone's satisfaction, but we'll do our best.

- Val

I would warn against doing this. Forum users are not representative of the people that benefit the most from FCC as newer players are underrepresented in the forums. Keep in mind forum users are a small minority of those who actually play the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would warn against doing this. Forum users are not representative of the people that benefit the most from FCC as newer players are underrepresented in the forums. Keep in mind forum users are a small minority of those who actually play the game.

Yeah, if you're going to survey players about this, I would suggest setting it up where players are notified about it by email.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lecus - Lost City
    Lecus - Lost City Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited March 2013

I think this can't be better said.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Anyone notice dem mirages as TW rewards?
    I <3 AGOREY
  • lordhanzo
    lordhanzo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Anyone notice dem mirages as TW rewards?

I actually checked the map immediately and laughed.. I don't know why..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm on Heavens Tear!
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    they got a lot o 'splainin to do
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited March 2013
    IMO any poll should also be conducted on facebook and twitter, and they should send people an email promoting the new content and directing people to the facebook page and/or forum page for votes. Still wouldn't get everybody, but you're never going to get everyone.

• Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    IMO any poll should also be conducted on facebook and twitter, and they should send people an email promoting the new content and directing people to the facebook page and/or forum page for votes. Still wouldn't get everybody, but you're never going to get everyone.

No gtfo! I hate facebook and twitter!
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2013

that is certainly better than relying on the opinions of probably less than 10% of the playerbase (even less if you sift out redundant accounts and ppl who quit but still post)
This discussion has been closed.