Which one or two skills tipped sage/demon for you?

Options
13»

Comments

• Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Doesnt matter though. Neither one is going to save a squad from Pole in BH69.

If they gave us a reliable purify, Id imagine all the clerics would go on strike! :O
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    That.

I never saw them say it wasn't totally AOE, but random (tough I didn't read every single thread/post on mystic section).
    You didnt have to read every thread Bella. Just the second post on this one...

And you should learn to read, I never claimed read everything in the mystic section, I even said that I didn't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
    edited April 2013
    Options
    And you should learn to read, I never claimed read everything in the mystic section, I even said that I didn't.

1. Why you seem mad Bella? I read where you said you didn't.

2. I know how to read. That's how I previously read what you said.

3. My post was not meant to aggravate you.

Laters...

EDIT: #3 - So much so, that I deleted most of it. It was just my thoughts on when certain people still posted in this forum. I have fond memories of my past, even if I am still a newb when it comes to most of this game. :)

Sorry that I mixed the part directed at you into the center of it. I tend to write like I talk.
  • Xaner - Dreamweaver
    Xaner - Dreamweaver Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I tend to write like I talk.
    O god >_> That is all...
    Now, Im demon :) and i love it.. though i would love sage Break in the clouds and nature's vengeance! Demon verdant shell is <3 So awesome! And Falling petals :D I don't know what i would do if it only lasted 1 min XD... Those are really two skills that i just love and omg are awesome :) Though demon and sage like always for mystics are pretty balanced... I also like the color red :D
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Well grats on your culti. Although the purify reason is odd. Personally I like sage's purify more. Smaller chance but you'd be able to cast it 3 times while you cast 1 Comforting Mist. And sure CM has a chance on each person however that also adds the problem that if you're lucky enough for it to proc, it could proc on 2 random DDs when you needed that purify yourself or the tank maybe.

Speaking from personal experience CM is just one of those skills that never proc when you need it the most. But I wish you more luck with it.
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Doesnt matter though. Neither one is going to save a squad from Pole in BH69.

If they gave us a reliable purify, Id imagine all the clerics would go on strike! :O

The purify is marginal, but it does matter.

If you end up with one of those vit/pve clerics in BB with a not so strong tank on the new BH / SoT bosses; you may find yourself spam healing the tank when it gets bled. If you're like half the clerics on HT: you may think spamming your slow ch/casting aoe heal is the way to go. For me: BitC would be the ticket to get back to dd'ing faster while using a more effective heal.

Comforting Mist just has so little use that I go months w/o using it. Better to have the purify on something useful.

PS: I was one of those mystics that solo healed on pole and fragrance back in the day. The purify is more of a luxury than a necessity.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Honestly, I got to agree with tweakz here. I use comforting mist rarely. Because a) it takes ages to cast and b) vital herb is so much more effective.

Purify of BitC is godly. Sure, it's not 100% reliable but that's got to be one of the best effects on a lightning fast heal you can have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • zerozenra
    zerozenra Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    To be effective on a mystic it requires lots of chi, demon is really the only way to go. Half of sage skills added effects are useless because they save you mana in a game where you have mp charms and can spam food. End game will require you to use alot of chi if you want to be a good mystic and demon gives almost a infinite supply. End game with r999 will have purify on your weapon anyway so its silly to chose sage because of purify. If you dont have r999 you should prob quit anyway play another game. This game is not really meant for low gear people its sad but its true. Cleric purify has a 100 percent chance of purify and your not a cleric and shouldnt try to be one. In a life or death situation where your trying to save someone would have a 100 percent purify or a chance of it lol. Sage is a waste of money and skills and alot of mystics are switching from sage to demon because they dont have enough chi and most of there skills are with mana saving. Where demons skills chi gain. Chi is everything if you don't understand this quit the game.
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    demon- summoning, bitc

sage- master li, NV, bramble tornado

both- spam heal/pet heal

those are your chi saving/gaining skills - pls explain your logic on how spam summoning and spam healing for chi is an effective way to use your skills with r999

In other skills: verdant/mastery/leech/gale
    Sage has better base/consistent procs
    Demon has better chance procs

herpaderp derp- you're not the only r999 mystic on these forums
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Honestly, there's like three bosses I use Demon Comforting Mist for the purify on:

1. Second to last boss in Caster Nirvana (moot now since no one does Nirvana anymore)
    2. Obscure Reaper in Warsong (water pav boss)
    3. Incacerate when it summons the mini Obscure Reaper

Not to mention that you wouldn't use it in PVP for the same reason a cleric shouldn't be using Chromatic Healing Beam. It's really not something you should be going demon for.

Sage BitC, on the otherhand, is much much more useful in both PVE and PVP due to how fast you can cast it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • tweakz
    edited April 2013
    Options
    zerozenra wrote: »
    To be effective on a mystic it requires lots of chi, demon is really the only way to go.

Chi for demon is through healing. Healers don't need the chi as much as DD. -sage wins
    Half of sage skills added effects are useless because they save you mana in a game where you have mp charms and can spam food.

I used to buy ~$120+ in groceries on $20-$30 a week.
    End game will require you to use alot of chi if you want to be a good mystic and demon gives almost a infinite supply.

Only through heals. Sage provides through dd which benefits more from it.
    End game with r999 will have purify on your weapon anyway so its silly to chose sage because of purify.

You don't know the difference between purge and purify and you're advising us?
  • zerozenra
    edited April 2013
    Options
    klys wrote: »
    demon- summoning, bitc

sage- master li, NV, bramble tornado

both- spam heal/pet heal

those are your chi saving/gaining skills - pls explain your logic on how spam summoning and spam healing for chi is an effective way to use your skills with r999

In other skills: verdant/mastery/leech/gale
    Sage has better base/consistent procs
    Demon has better chance procs

herpaderp derp- you're not the only r999 mystic on these forums

lol don't get mad cause you wasted your coin mysticboob and your not full r999 and you dont pk so you really don't know what your talking about. For one your a clicker lol your not even skilled enough to use all your hot-keys get better pls. Im not even gonna argue with you people clearly you dont have common sense don't even know how to use your class and should just play sims.
  • zerozenra
    edited April 2013
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    Chi for demon is through healing. Healers don't need the chi as much as DD. -sage wins

I used to buy ~$120+ in groceries on $20-$30 a week.

Only through heals. Sage provides through dd which benefits more from it.

You don't know the difference between purge and purify and you're advising us?

Chi through demon is from healing and summoning which means you can keep someone stun locked and gain chi. LOL how are those mana saving skills working for you. Btw i don't know if your slow or trolling you should know about mp and hp food. r999 arcane have classes have purify, pls uninstall your game.
  • klys
    edited April 2013
    Options
    So you're saying a r999 mystic should spam heal and summon instead of attacking?

Seems like a legit strategy.
    edited April 2013
    Options
    For the intelligent people saying ''R9rr weap have purify you stupid sage''...

Did you know purify on a weapon don't purify other people???

I have a purify weapon and I can confirm you that don't purify other people.

Demon make chi by healing and sage by DDing, I prefer make chi while DDing then go in a corner heal myself to get chi. It's a personal choice, that doesn't mean cause you prefer get chi by healing that make chi by DDing is ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2013
    Options
    klys wrote: »
    So you're saying a r999 mystic should spam heal and summon instead of attacking?

Seems like a legit strategy.

Maybe he/she plays his/her Mystic like a Cleric/Veno? I've heard about that somewhere. >.<

Idk...maybe he/she doesnt even play a Mystic, and is just trolling? *shrugs*

Both cultis are good for everything! That is all...b:victory
  • tweakz
    edited April 2013
    Options
    For the intelligent people saying ''R9rr weap have purify you stupid sage''...

Did you know purify on a weapon don't purify other people???

I have a purify weapon and I can confirm you that don't purify other people.

Demon make chi by healing and sage by DDing, I prefer make chi while DDing then go in a corner heal myself to get chi. It's a personal choice, that doesn't mean cause you prefer get chi by healing that make chi by DDing is ****.

^^ one of the best posts in this thread.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options

And what keeps a sage from spamming BitC on themselves while using their chi skill when it's off cooldown? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited April 2013
    Options

And what keeps a sage from spamming BitC on themselves while using their chi skill when it's off cooldown? b:surrender

They can, but if they are on a boss and BitC to get chi beside DD it's kinda stupid (and I do see demon do that), same for NW, if I see a barb I'll use him to make chi with NW and by the same occasion make points, while the demon mystic healing in his corner get chi, but no points. (healing while not attacked do not give points)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• I_sage_i - Harshlands
    I_sage_i - Harshlands Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    im a pker so i went demon on my mystic for the fast chi build up (demon pets and break in clouds) the 2 skills that it came down to to make me go demon was break in clouds and thicket. and mane am i glad i went demon!! for caster characters i usally go sage but im very happy with demon mystic!! you know how fast i can get 3 sparks? lol. but yes i chose demon because it seemed more pro-pk than sage. but i really couldnt say no to the chi gain! its freaking amazing
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Kitty's mystic will go demon after a couple levels(85 atm), 'cause Demon Break in the Clouds. Full HP from Demon ress is also nicef:shy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I chose to be demon because of the BiTC and res buff. I could gain chi in between breaks such as before starting a pull in warsong or in between waves in delta. The mass res already saves the same amount of exp as sage i think so I might as well use that in one go. Also demon res buff bypasses charm tick when you res b:victory

Idk you demons make it sound like sages can't get chi. I rarely even need to BiTC between wave/pve pulls because a couple nukes fills up an entire bar of chi. But between waves I just use Li's + 2 rotations of BiTC/pet heal and I instantly get another spark, which takes all of 4 seconds to do.

Sage BiTC otoh, is one of the best skills to save someone from focus fire. Oftentimes someone will try to focus a target i'm healing, and they'll Stun + HF them, but then the debuffs dissappear instantly.

With a 25% proc rate, most debuffs have a ~46% chance of being purified within 2 seconds, which is something most clerics can't even do, due to lag and reaction times + cast times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • tweakz
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Demon - get chi by healing (don't need chi for healing) -makes sense huh?
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    Demon - get chi by healing (don't need chi for healing) -makes sense huh?

Yeah cause the chi you get by healing can only be used for other heal skills huh?

Anyways the two cultis are perfectly balanced chi-wise. Just the method differs. For PvE admittedly it's more useful to get the chi from attacks because you're not gonna stand there healing yourself for a spark when you're suppose to be DDing. For PvP though it's an even field where the only thing that makes one culti better for you is your playstyle and gear.
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
  • klys
    edited June 2013
    Options
    This thread was necro after page 8