From the 10 class which one is the most OP (PVP)

Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
I'm curious to see which class people think is the most OP for PVP, often casters are compare to other casters, melees to other melees, but I wanna see from all class together.

Feel free to say why you think the class you voted for is better.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
Post edited by Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands on

Comments

• Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm going to have to go with seekers, due to their QPQ debuff stacking and zerk crits, they're quite literally Psychics/Wizards with zerk and debuff stacking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • beforesun
    beforesun Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    To be honnest I vote for sin, if it comes on 1vs1 ... In that kind of combat sins have to many skills to silence or stun + the huge dmg output they have...

If its in 1 vs many. Than Psych do the biggest damage and have a good chance to survive because noone reaches them in time or get killed by their buffs...
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Wizards (mostly because of Spark) and Seekers (Zerk (with the occasional +crit)Magic damage and their QPQ combo).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Joe - Momaganon
    Joe - Momaganon Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1on1 wise definitly Barbs and Wizards. In Mass PvP surely BMs, Psys and Archer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Got at least one alt of any class above level 100.
    All decently geared and skilled (: .
    And the most important thing is: They are all fun to play ^.^ .
    b:laugh
  • whyarcher88
    whyarcher88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    b:laugh someone voted bmb:shockedb:surrender
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    IMO Seeker takes the top place atm with their high defense and insane damage with magic/physical zerk crits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Equal geared archers destroy me, and are in my opinion the most difficult class to fight.
    Sure they're squishy, but NOBODY can sit there and tank an archer while having to deal with other opponents. Purge procs and then gg, your *** is toast
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    b:laugh someone voted bmb:shockedb:surrender

BMs aren't the most OP in every situation, but they are certainly one of the most OP in TW/NW where PvP happens on the ground. Of course in air fights they get steamrolled.

You'd be surprised how OP a Blade Tornado can get. I've personally wiped out an entire TW faction over 60 people decently geared (R9/G16) by myself in TW in a 40v80 when we were base locked and getting spawn killed with 1 Blade Tornado WITHOUT ironguard and made it back out alive with AD and 2 sparks to HF the cat barbs that were the only ones who were still standing (besides the people that were in the air) after I was done.

Call me arrogant if you must, but I consider BM one of the most OP classes if you reach +10-12 R999 thanks to Blade Tornado being able to 1-2 shot equal geared AA/LA R999 opponents without even trying is just ... OP.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    That story gets bigger every time you tell it. b:laugh. But it was attributed more to us being sloppy and grouping up than BMs being overpowered. If anything I'd say BM is one of the weakest classes in mass PVP due to being stuck like a pincushion from the numerous ranged classes before they can get in and do their job.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    That story gets bigger every time you tell it. b:laugh. But it was attributed more to us being sloppy and grouping up than BMs being overpowered. If anything I'd say BM is one of the weakest classes in mass PVP due to being stuck like a pincushion from the numerous ranged classes before they can get in and do their job.

This is the first time I've told it from what I recall and I was only using it as an example; I'm not trying to brag or gloat by any means, that really isn't my style. I'm just stating that the skill makes BMs really OP. The fact that it bypasses defense levels AND reducing damage taken by 50% AND immune to control effects so you don't even need to ironguard just made BMs pretty broken in my eyes. It literally only costs 1 spark and makes JOSD sharded LA/AA a 1-3 shot.

I'm not so sure I'm agreeing with your last statement as BMs are the melees best equipped with abilities to close in the distance to their long range targets (2 sprints, 2 16m leaps, reel in, reckless rush). The only other class arguably more able to close the distance are sins due to being able to get the first strike.

But yeah, I don't necessarily think BMs are the most OP in every situation, just one of the most OP when it comes to mass ground PvP. They're actually quite under-powered when it comes to 1v1.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • whyarcher88
    whyarcher88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is the first time I've told it from what I recall and I was only using it as an example; I'm not trying to brag or gloat by any means, that really isn't my style. I'm just stating that the skill makes BMs really OP. The fact that it bypasses defense levels AND reducing damage taken by 50% AND immune to control effects so you don't even need to ironguard just made BMs pretty broken in my eyes. It literally only costs 1 spark and makes JOSD sharded LA/AA a 1-3 shot.

I'm not so sure I'm agreeing with your last statement as BMs are the melees best equipped with abilities to close in the distance to their long range targets (2 sprints, 2 16m leaps, reel in, reckless rush). The only other class arguably more able to close the distance are sins due to being able to get the first strike.

But yeah, I don't necessarily think BMs are the most OP in every situation, just one of the most OP when it comes to mass ground PvP. They're actually quite under-powered when it comes to 1v1.

I'm a casual player, I have/had/have (b:laughcuz i created it, quit, gave to someone, returned to pwi again) a full R9 bm but I sucked big time, in my second ever TW recently, died about 30 times and killed maybe 7-8b:surrender. Many of those who killed me are lower geared. BM has far too many skills, to be nearly as good as you, I'll probably need to spend 5 hours each day for 4 years in order to create all 10 classes and learn each of them by heart. Also need to have fast reflexes and use the right skill at the right time as if it's second nature.

"The fact that it bypasses defense levels AND reducing damage taken by 50% AND immune to control"

I don't understand your above statement. I think I'llstick to farmvilleb:sad
  • Unholly - Lothranis
    Unholly - Lothranis Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It literally only costs 1 spark and makes JOSD sharded LA/AA a 1-3 shot.

Thats all well and good, but im not sure you could say the class is OP just for that skill. Im not going to deny it deals a truck load of damage but... its pretty easy to avoid in my opinion, psy will, archer/wiz/assassin leaps, Holy path etc.

And my vote is going with cleric's, then seekers.

Edit: wops didnt give a reason, for saying clerics are OP:
    -They can stack almost a whole 2 charms worth of heals on them selves or a team member.
    -plume shell combined with AA armour and heals makes them stinkingly hard to kill for most classes with just dd.
    -purify proc on weap makes them harder to pin down stop from healing/dding whatever.
    -in 1v1 situations sleeps and seals allowing for a them to set up to hit really hard after.
    -ability to purify most debuffs you can think to drop on them.
    -they are able to deal both magical and physical damage consistently.
    All of these combined make a very versatile class for pvp
    How do i amuse myself?
    Sometimes i count to 1000 and back down again, usually i get stuck on 3

YouTube: youtube.com/user/unhollyPWI
  • _PuRe__EviL_ - Archosaur
    _PuRe__EviL_ - Archosaur Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm going to have to go with seekers, due to their QPQ debuff stacking and zerk crits, they're quite literally Psychics/Wizards with zerk and debuff stacking.

Tide-kun, what about Archers.. like b:sad they hurt in TW, specially us, Magic Classes ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I absolutely love BT, but it's far too easy to stop and unless you're packing Cloud Eruption (genie waste) or spark apo (apo waste) then you're most likely gonna burn through your chi before you can use it if you're trying to get into a position where you actually can. It's happened to me plenty of times, I go in at full chi, get kited or chain stunned/frozen. I'm forced to break the lock somehow or basically let myself die, which means my Blade Tornado goes out the window. It's a lovely skill if you can get into a group of people without being noticed or focused, but in terms of usability I find that it's not as good as I would have hoped.

It's effectively one spark, and BMs are chi monsters, I really wish it could have only taken two sparks and let you recover one, or even 50 chi, that way we could actually use it more often and not only when everything goes just perfectly and we get in with little to no chi-use. I love being able to scare R9R3s away with it at +5 R9, but the chances of me getting to use it are pretty slim, maybe that's just for me personally and every other BM gets to use it whenever they like, but in group PvP situations it's rare that I can bring it out unless for some reason the enemy team is focused on my team rather than me. Which isn't usually the case, because thanks to the people I pk with and the people we're usually up against I'm the one that tends to get focused, and NW is no different. I've sat right by R9R3s and instead of trying to lock them up the enemy teams will go for me 9/10 times. It's lead to some pretty lulzy moments, such as them getting one shot by an R9R3 Seeker, Psy, or Assassin on various occasions while I sit there and laugh at them for trying to take me down with a far deadlier threat not two feet away.

But back on topic.. WTB more usable BT, it's so sexy and I want to use it more.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I get BT off pretty regularly, but i probably am better suited for that.
    Sage BM, my HF only costs 1.25 Sparks, I have sage chi skill, and i do have cloud eruption on my genie which generates 1.5 sparks plus Drakes Bash pretty regularly casts for free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I voted for Archers because that's the class I usually die from. R9/R999 Archers specifically (R8 and G16 Archers aren't as bad and usually drop fast).
    However, I have only TW and mass PvP experience as a Venomancer so that may be a little biased since different classes have different weaknesses and strengths.
    I've done very little (or none at all) PvP with my other toons so, yeah, my judgement is rather limited.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I, for the life of me, cannot figure out why anyone would refer to Seekers as being the most OP. Yes, they probably have better all-around stats than anyone else, but they're so easy to control it's ridiculous. Maybe in 1v1, hell if I know (Psy here, we still eat them for breakfast so I'm not a good one to ask), but in TW or mass PVP? Everyone and their mother knows how quick they go down to focus-fire, so that's literally all you gotta do.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This poll is so messed up if most people think seekers are OP lol

Yes, seekers are HA. Yes, they were made to tank. Yes, they are melee and caster combined. Ofc, they would be tanky and ofc they would be decent at magic and physical attacks. However, our lack of control skills is so ridiculous that you would have to play one to find out and see how frustrating that is. Also, there's no way a seeker can take down a r9r2 wizard +12 JOSD sharded if both are equally geared. While that same wizard can do 20k+ damage to the seeker. Once an archer purges a seeker, he's as good as dead.
    Other melee classes can't kill us at all but that's like comparing a fight of barb v bm. There's no clear winner when equally geared. It's a massive skill fest.

I do think people who think seekers are OP think we're OP cuz of our GOF on metal skills as well as physical skills but wizards do way about 2x more damage when they crit(which is equivalent to our GOF+crit).

If they removed GOF from our weapon I wouldn't be against it but they would have to make our physical attack as high as archers or wizards. AND THEN, they would be broken.
    It's not the GOF that makes the seeker OP. It's their occasional(1 in 100) GOF crits. Which is not much honestly.

But then again, I would have to hear from other classes how they do against seekers. DO NOT compare a fight of a r9r2 seeker v a r9. That's like comparing R9 v TT99 now. Only people who are equally geared know which class is OP when they fight.

b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Nobody will ever consider clerics OP, which works well for me I suppose, since I continually get underestimated.

Who kills me? Well, anybody can, but what in real PK does end of killing me...

When it comes down to it, I die in the following situations, many of which you can find by perusing my PWI youtube channel

1) archer quickshot > purge

2) veno purge + dps

3) triple sparked charm-bypassing-crits from a r9rr arcane (when my hp is floating just above half and I'm stunned)

4) massive swarms of people hitting me with everything in cd (which goes for just about anybody).

There are many other deadly skills classes can use, but I don't tend to die from them in 1vs1, or even small groups vs me. I'll run through them.

BM:
    -truthfully blade tornado is extremely deadly, but it is also easy to avoid. If the bm takes the time to stun first, then it gives people plenty of time to use ad or expel before the dmg hits; or break the stun and flee with holy path. If the bm is by himself, I can use sage vanguard spirit, and outheal it too.
    -heavens flame is only deadly when bm has backup; in a 1vs1 the bm has to expend a lot of chi to use it, and I can either purify it if not stunned, or use genie if I am

Wiz:
    -spark from genie is deadly to almost all classes, but in a 1vs1 a wizard won't tend to kill me with this. A wiz will have an extraordinarily difficult time setting up a situation in which they can keep me pinned down long enough for me to not purify off the debuffs. The spark debuff is only deadly when combined with the 79 debuff; if you imagine now that I'm sealed, they have to seal, 79, spark, then do an attack. A simple windshield on genie, and then I survive long enough to purify the debuff and then heal up again. If in doubt, I can use belief too (yay for being 105!)

Barb:
    -purge > armageddon is the killer combo on the ground, while triple spark > knock-you-from-the-air is the killer air combo. Again, their predictability is what makes them not so dangerous. When fighting a barb, plume shell blocks most of their normal dmg, and my 79 shells take care of the infrequent purges.

Veno:
    -veno purge is one of those things that, you know its coming but its still very hard to block. By itself a veno isn't all that dangerous to me, because if its just the veno him/herself, they can't keep me pinned down long enough by themsevles for me to not purify off all the debuffs, and rebuff myself. In combination with any other class, though, veno is the most dangerous support, bar none.

Cleric:
    -Possibly the second most dangerous support class out there since the morai updates; equally geared clerics will have difficulty killing each other as a rule, but are quite efficient at killing light armors and other arcane classes. The only classes which can easily clear the healing debuffs are clerics and mystics; other classes have to deal with getting their charm ticked and hp knocked down to half while still slept or sealed. Other clerics cannot keep my heal debuffed more than I can heal back however, which is why cleric vs cleric is gonna be a super long fight, equally geared. Seal of the Gods is what makes for the deadly support; in nation wars, a Seal of the Gods stops anybody, purify weapon or not, heals/purifies from enemy cleric or not. Great way to buy time for your allies to catch up and purge, debuff, and cream the stuffing out of a flag carrier, lol.

Archer:
    -can kill me 1vs1 or especially in group fights. Only class that I can't predict when I'll be in mortal peril. Only gear and fast reaction times can save you from the randomness of an archer purge; in many situations purify on wep isn't enough to save, because an archers super long range means you get hit quiet a few times before escaping, something you can see a number of times in my last two nation wars videos. I might go as far as to say, without exactly counting, that an archer directly led to my death in up to half of my total deaths in last several nation wars.
    This being said, in 1vs1 I still tend to win; an archer's two main control skills are immobilize and a short stun. The stun is short so I wait it out. The immobilize I purify off. Thus archers can't keep me pinned down, and I'm not pinned down, *they* are, due to my seal of gods or sleep. Thus I owe it to my long control skills for my ability to dominate archer in 1vs1.

Seeker
    -lot of people complain about the qpq combo, but again, my plume shell and my purify make it difficult for a seeker to get enough hits while the debuffs are on on me to get the necessary zerk-crits needed to kill. Predictable = blockable.

Mystic
    -super-deadly when combined with cleric; a cleric and a mystic working together can kill most classes INSIDE of seal of the gods. How scary is that, lol. That being said a mystic in a 1vs1 is losing proposition for both sides. Both can kill each other but only at great difficulty. If not using -channel apoth, the Absorb soul is very slow, and its dmg can be reduced by using vanguard spirit to boost my physical def. If -channel apoth is used, an excellent counter is dew of star protection, trading apoth for apoth, and my apoth lasts lot longer, so excellent counter. Also 2 second cooldown between Absorb soul hits, so mystic is likely to get only 1 off before whatever stun/seal I have on is gone (though absorb soul doesn't wake up sleep, so thats what you do have to watch out for; again, very deadly when combined with cleric. But most importantly, absorb soul has to have nature's vengeance with it to be deadly. And a cleric can purify that, as many times as they want.

Assassin
    -their classic dps build is still deadly if you aren't r9rr. A r9rr sin can zerk-crit past my charm if they get me just at half hp. They control the fight more than an archer does, but I can't say they are as deadly, because they can't purge quite as easily. If a r9rr sin decides to try and purge me with a bow, if the bow does purge me, I get several seconds to rebuff before they can switch back to daggers and sleep/stun/seal me. As a 105, I can also remove their stealth advantage. It sounds odd to say this but a dps sin probably has a better chance of killing me still than a dph sin. A dph sin will survive much much longer in a 1vs1 fight, but a dps sin, properly played, can dps fast enough to kill me before I can escape, weapon proc or no, long as they have r9rr weapon ofc. Still the usual dps build is extremely squishy to me so they won't get many opportunities to do this.

Psychic
    -properly played a cleric should be able to cream a psychic. A psychic's greatest strength is their greatest weakness also. While in black voodoo a r9rr psychic can do nearly half my hp (or bit more) with a crit + extreme poison (keeping in mind that I usually have physical def ring equipped). Yes they have massive magic dmg, but its blockable magic dmg, in that its basically, exclusively, magic dmg. The bleed from that one skill is a joke, cleric = purify. In a 1vs1 against a psy, a cleric can put in pure magic def ornaments and a psy wont' be able to hurt the cleric, whereas the psy has to guess whether physical or magic dmg is coming. The psychic can't kill a cleric in white voodoo, so they are in black voodoo, and in black they are very killable. I've seen lots of one-shots from razor feathers crits. Yes a psychic can become immune to physical dmg, but unlike venos, mystic, clerics, and wizards, they don't have any increased physical def buff. Which means that when I sleep a psychic at half hp, debuff physical defense, and double spark a razor feathers, it usually doesn't even have to crit to kill them.

asdfqwerty

I don't believe in a most OP class. Archers have versatility to kill anything but need to rely on purge luck and dps and good kiting, seekers have massive one-shot ability and tankability but lack control skill, bms are tanky and versatile but rely on luck to get zerk crits and have problems with ranged classes, venos have speedy and have super debuffs but lack raw dmg, barbs have one-shot ability and speed and tankability but their normal dmg is low on average and they have problems with ranged classes, mystics are tanky and versatile but slow and can lack one-shot ability, clerics are tanky and versatile with great control skills but lack ability to one-shot easily.

Wizards might be the thing that approaches being most OP. I personally don't have problems with wizards but I know almost everybody does. They don't need to rely much on luck (their dmg is from the strength of their debuffs not a lucky purge), they are fairly tanky, they kite well, they have sleeps, seals, stuns (none of which last terribly long, but which can be chained together into rudimentary stun locks), and they ofc have great one-shot ability. Their weakness might be lack of fast heals and lack of a true anti-stun, and lack of ability to purge. Mind you, no arcanes can (efficiently) purge, and other arcane classes share the lack of anti-stun.

I still think that in general how OP a class is to you depends on gear differences and class. Class balance is fairly good still I think. Every class has a few very good strengths, and some obvious limitations.

Aeliah
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • taringa181
    taringa181 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Nobody will ever consider clerics OP, which works well for me I suppose, since I continually get underestimated.

Who kills me? Well, anybody can, but what in real PK does end of killing me...

When it comes down to it, I die in the following situations, many of which you can find by perusing my PWI youtube channel

1) archer quickshot > purge

2) veno purge + dps

3) triple sparked charm-bypassing-crits from a r9rr arcane (when my hp is floating just above half and I'm stunned)

4) massive swarms of people hitting me with everything in cd (which goes for just about anybody).

There are many other deadly skills classes can use, but I don't tend to die from them in 1vs1, or even small groups vs me. I'll run through them.

BM:
    -truthfully blade tornado is extremely deadly, but it is also easy to avoid. If the bm takes the time to stun first, then it gives people plenty of time to use ad or expel before the dmg hits; or break the stun and flee with holy path. If the bm is by himself, I can use sage vanguard spirit, and outheal it too.
    -heavens flame is only deadly when bm has backup; in a 1vs1 the bm has to expend a lot of chi to use it, and I can either purify it if not stunned, or use genie if I am

Wiz:
    -spark from genie is deadly to almost all classes, but in a 1vs1 a wizard won't tend to kill me with this. A wiz will have an extraordinarily difficult time setting up a situation in which they can keep me pinned down long enough for me to not purify off the debuffs. The spark debuff is only deadly when combined with the 79 debuff; if you imagine now that I'm sealed, they have to seal, 79, spark, then do an attack. A simple windshield on genie, and then I survive long enough to purify the debuff and then heal up again. If in doubt, I can use belief too (yay for being 105!)

Barb:
    -purge > armageddon is the killer combo on the ground, while triple spark > knock-you-from-the-air is the killer air combo. Again, their predictability is what makes them not so dangerous. When fighting a barb, plume shell blocks most of their normal dmg, and my 79 shells take care of the infrequent purges.

Veno:
    -veno purge is one of those things that, you know its coming but its still very hard to block. By itself a veno isn't all that dangerous to me, because if its just the veno him/herself, they can't keep me pinned down long enough by themsevles for me to not purify off all the debuffs, and rebuff myself. In combination with any other class, though, veno is the most dangerous support, bar none.

Cleric:
    -Possibly the second most dangerous support class out there since the morai updates; equally geared clerics will have difficulty killing each other as a rule, but are quite efficient at killing light armors and other arcane classes. The only classes which can easily clear the healing debuffs are clerics and mystics; other classes have to deal with getting their charm ticked and hp knocked down to half while still slept or sealed. Other clerics cannot keep my heal debuffed more than I can heal back however, which is why cleric vs cleric is gonna be a super long fight, equally geared. Seal of the Gods is what makes for the deadly support; in nation wars, a Seal of the Gods stops anybody, purify weapon or not, heals/purifies from enemy cleric or not. Great way to buy time for your allies to catch up and purge, debuff, and cream the stuffing out of a flag carrier, lol.

Archer:
    -can kill me 1vs1 or especially in group fights. Only class that I can't predict when I'll be in mortal peril. Only gear and fast reaction times can save you from the randomness of an archer purge; in many situations purify on wep isn't enough to save, because an archers super long range means you get hit quiet a few times before escaping, something you can see a number of times in my last two nation wars videos. I might go as far as to say, without exactly counting, that an archer directly led to my death in up to half of my total deaths in last several nation wars.
    This being said, in 1vs1 I still tend to win; an archer's two main control skills are immobilize and a short stun. The stun is short so I wait it out. The immobilize I purify off. Thus archers can't keep me pinned down, and I'm not pinned down, *they* are, due to my seal of gods or sleep. Thus I owe it to my long control skills for my ability to dominate archer in 1vs1.

Seeker
    -lot of people complain about the qpq combo, but again, my plume shell and my purify make it difficult for a seeker to get enough hits while the debuffs are on on me to get the necessary zerk-crits needed to kill. Predictable = blockable.

Mystic
    -super-deadly when combined with cleric; a cleric and a mystic working together can kill most classes INSIDE of seal of the gods. How scary is that, lol. That being said a mystic in a 1vs1 is losing proposition for both sides. Both can kill each other but only at great difficulty. If not using -channel apoth, the Absorb soul is very slow, and its dmg can be reduced by using vanguard spirit to boost my physical def. If -channel apoth is used, an excellent counter is dew of star protection, trading apoth for apoth, and my apoth lasts lot longer, so excellent counter. Also 2 second cooldown between Absorb soul hits, so mystic is likely to get only 1 off before whatever stun/seal I have on is gone (though absorb soul doesn't wake up sleep, so thats what you do have to watch out for; again, very deadly when combined with cleric. But most importantly, absorb soul has to have nature's vengeance with it to be deadly. And a cleric can purify that, as many times as they want.

Assassin
    -their classic dps build is still deadly if you aren't r9rr. A r9rr sin can zerk-crit past my charm if they get me just at half hp. They control the fight more than an archer does, but I can't say they are as deadly, because they can't purge quite as easily. If a r9rr sin decides to try and purge me with a bow, if the bow does purge me, I get several seconds to rebuff before they can switch back to daggers and sleep/stun/seal me. As a 105, I can also remove their stealth advantage. It sounds odd to say this but a dps sin probably has a better chance of killing me still than a dph sin. A dph sin will survive much much longer in a 1vs1 fight, but a dps sin, properly played, can dps fast enough to kill me before I can escape, weapon proc or no, long as they have r9rr weapon ofc. Still the usual dps build is extremely squishy to me so they won't get many opportunities to do this.

Psychic
    -properly played a cleric should be able to cream a psychic. A psychic's greatest strength is their greatest weakness also. While in black voodoo a r9rr psychic can do nearly half my hp (or bit more) with a crit + extreme poison (keeping in mind that I usually have physical def ring equipped). Yes they have massive magic dmg, but its blockable magic dmg, in that its basically, exclusively, magic dmg. The bleed from that one skill is a joke, cleric = purify. In a 1vs1 against a psy, a cleric can put in pure magic def ornaments and a psy wont' be able to hurt the cleric, whereas the psy has to guess whether physical or magic dmg is coming. The psychic can't kill a cleric in white voodoo, so they are in black voodoo, and in black they are very killable. I've seen lots of one-shots from razor feathers crits. Yes a psychic can become immune to physical dmg, but unlike venos, mystic, clerics, and wizards, they don't have any increased physical def buff. Which means that when I sleep a psychic at half hp, debuff physical defense, and double spark a razor feathers, it usually doesn't even have to crit to kill them.

asdfqwerty

I don't believe in a most OP class. Archers have versatility to kill anything but need to rely on purge luck and dps and good kiting, seekers have massive one-shot ability and tankability but lack control skill, bms are tanky and versatile but rely on luck to get zerk crits and have problems with ranged classes, venos have speedy and have super debuffs but lack raw dmg, barbs have one-shot ability and speed and tankability but their normal dmg is low on average and they have problems with ranged classes, mystics are tanky and versatile but slow and can lack one-shot ability, clerics are tanky and versatile with great control skills but lack ability to one-shot easily.

Wizards might be the thing that approaches being most OP. I personally don't have problems with wizards but I know almost everybody does. They don't need to rely much on luck (their dmg is from the strength of their debuffs not a lucky purge), they are fairly tanky, they kite well, they have sleeps, seals, stuns (none of which last terribly long, but which can be chained together into rudimentary stun locks), and they ofc have great one-shot ability. Their weakness might be lack of fast heals and lack of a true anti-stun, and lack of ability to purge. Mind you, no arcanes can (efficiently) purge, and other arcane classes share the lack of anti-stun.

I still think that in general how OP a class is to you depends on gear differences and class. Class balance is fairly good still I think. Every class has a few very good strengths, and some obvious limitations.

Aeliah

how about heart of steel b:chuckle
  • Tetream - Lost City
    Tetream - Lost City Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    the question should be
    "From the 10 classes which one has the most OP (PVP wise) add on R9 or R999 weapon?"

answer:
    R9/R999 archers --> spirit blackhole.
    And R999 casters --> purify + speed.

With max. refines on gear + weapon and full JoSD sharded psys are most op in mass pvp imo.
    When a full buffed veno meets an equal R999 geared + average refined/sharded opponent of any other class, most likely veno will win. Purge is op and should have at least a 5min cooldown (or just a 20% chance to proc like purge for barbs). Venos can even use purge in every form, very unfair.

And purge + purify/speed should have been never added on weapon. But that's the way P2W games are, they wanted to ensure that CSers will win even when they just roll their faces on the keyboards. Anyway, it's too late to complain, damage has been already taken and a roll-back is not possible. PWI was always like this, from the very start at beta, we just deal with it.

Solutions for players for nw should be:
    1. If you are not R999 with high refines, never hit R999 casters. Only exception: stun/amp them and run away, but only when other R999s are on your side which can kill them a second later. If not, just leave battleground and let others try to do their job, you wouldn't have fun anyway.

2. Clerics/BMs/Barbs have to buff everyone after every purge = everyone should team up on every battleground. Keep your clerics alive and kill the clerics on opposite side as fast as possible.

Ofc these solutions will never happen, it's nw and most ppl are selfish and will not listen.
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    edited March 2013
    I fear most of the ppl who voted on the poll are all lowbies who have been hit by seekers for an insane amount of damage or archers killing them fast with purge lol.

No one thinks psychics are OP? wtf lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It sounds odd to say this but a dps sin probably has a better chance of killing me still than a dph sin. A dph sin will survive much much longer in a 1vs1 fight, but a dps sin, properly played, can dps fast enough to kill me before I can escape, weapon proc or no, long as they have r9rr weapon ofc.

It's not really odd, tbh. A dph sin doesn't do enough damage in a short amount of time to deplete an MP charm-empowered plume shell usually. Combine it with chaining other cleric survival skills and purify proc, and it's really hard for them to take down a cleric assuming equal gear unless they pop when plume shell is down and straight up one-shot from stealth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    r999 era, mage is the most op and broken class out there atm. if you disagree and don't know what i'm talking about, then i suppose there are no good mages in your server -.- that are r999.
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I really think Seekers are being over estimated these days to be honest.
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    edited March 2013

yeah.
    There's too few seekers out there in every server and even fewer who are full r9r2.
    So, whoever doesn't play the class has no idea just how overestimated they are by the huge population out there. lol Seriously xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    yeah.
    There's too few seekers out there in every server and even fewer who are full r9r2.
    So, whoever doesn't play the class has no idea just how overestimated they are by the huge population out there. lol Seriously xD

In all honesty most of this 'Seeker is OP' stuff came out of the QPQing of Sacrificial Slash(or other debuffs), and as I pointed out before it's not 100% unavoidable. And if it is, that only means you are either stun locked(which wont really happen if you are 1v1ing a seeker) or your genie is in CD. Which is already a good indication you probably were going to die in the first place.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2013

I run a decently-geared squad in Nation War (decent, I mean all 3rd nirvana with good refines, r9s and 2-3 r9 3rds, one of which is a barb and not a DD), and we've faced all the well-refined and well-geared seekers our server has to offer.

We've had lone OP sins that focus-down singular squad members and create problems.
    We've had lone OP archers that focus-down singular squad members and create problems.
    We've had lone OP wizards that focus-down singular squad members and create problems.

We have NOT run into any problems with lone OP Psychics, but that's more due to the Psys on Harshlands being outrageous wussies who think white voodoo is best voodoo.
    We have NOT run into any problems with lone OP clerics, because clerics are built to be ok in 1v1, but **** in group fights as DDs.
    And we have NOT run into any problems with lone OP Seekers, mostly because we -literally- just need two DDs and we can stunlock that thing for days.

Don't get me wrong, Seeker is a viable class and can be effective. About a week ago I was in a PK fight where our strongest DD was one such 3rd cast +12 Seeker, and the enemy realized that and stunlocked him. I realized "hey, I got this nifty corona skill to take all damage on his behalf; I should probably use that and IG myself so he can faceroll," and it worked like a charm. I'd imagine a seeker with a personal cleric is also quite an annoyance, though for some reason I rarely see this, and tbh the Seeker can't do much to actually cover and defend his own cleric, so a lone seeker-cleric duo is STILL incredibly vulnerable.
    But the point is Seeker NEEDS support to shine. It needs a god damn escort 24/7, or anyone with a half-decent stun is gonna beat the snot out of it. And there's a difference between "hey, we should support our cleric so we get heals" and "hey, we should support this guy so we have his DD capability to rely on...though then again, this Psychic/Wiz/Archer doesn't need nearly as much support, has more control skills he can use to support US with and he still hits like a truck, too...Let's just let the Seeker die and cover the Psy/Seeker/Wiz instead."

Seeker fails in that for all their outstanding stats, they fail to specialize in anything while failing HORRENDOUSLY at avoiding control skills. The result is that a seeker is in NO WAY vital to the survival of a squad so no one has any incentive to go out of their way and cover it, and the MOMENT the Seeker is even remotely focus-fired, he's absolutely screwed.

You cover the BM because you want him alive to stun.
    You cover the cleric because you want him alive to heal.
    You cover the wiz because you want him alive to nuke.
    You cover the sin because he may be your ace in the hole for killing their cleric or heavy DD.
    You cover the Psy because he can stun, DD, and is the best-qualified to guard people from sins.
    You cover the barb ONLY because NW and TW give barb purpose.

You neglect the Seeker because he's in no way vital to the survival of the squad whatsoever, and he's also damned annoying and difficult to save.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    edited March 2013
    I run a decently-geared squad in Nation War (decent, I mean all 3rd nirvana with good refines, r9s and 2-3 r9 3rds, one of which is a barb and not a DD), and we've faced all the well-refined and well-geared seekers our server has to offer.

We've had lone OP sins that focus-down singular squad members and create problems.
    We've had lone OP archers that focus-down singular squad members and create problems.
    We've had lone OP wizards that focus-down singular squad members and create problems.

We have NOT run into any problems with lone OP Psychics, but that's more due to the Psys on Harshlands being outrageous wussies who think white voodoo is best voodoo.
    We have NOT run into any problems with lone OP clerics, because clerics are built to be ok in 1v1, but **** in group fights as DDs.
    And we have NOT run into any problems with lone OP Seekers, mostly because we -literally- just need two DDs and we can stunlock that thing for days.

Don't get me wrong, Seeker is a viable class and can be effective. About a week ago I was in a PK fight where our strongest DD was one such 3rd cast +12 Seeker, and the enemy realized that and stunlocked him. I realized "hey, I got this nifty corona skill to take all damage on his behalf; I should probably use that and IG myself so he can faceroll," and it worked like a charm. I'd imagine a seeker with a personal cleric is also quite an annoyance, though for some reason I rarely see this, and tbh the Seeker can't do much to actually cover and defend his own cleric, so a lone seeker-cleric duo is STILL incredibly vulnerable.
    But the point is Seeker NEEDS support to shine. It needs a god damn escort 24/7, or anyone with a half-decent stun is gonna beat the snot out of it. And there's a difference between "hey, we should support our cleric so we get heals" and "hey, we should support this guy so we have his DD capability to rely on...though then again, this Psychic/Wiz/Archer doesn't need nearly as much support, has more control skills he can use to support US with and he still hits like a truck, too...Let's just let the Seeker die and cover the Psy/Seeker/Wiz instead."

Seeker fails in that for all their outstanding stats, they fail to specialize in anything while failing HORRENDOUSLY at avoiding control skills. The result is that a seeker is in NO WAY vital to the survival of a squad so no one has any incentive to go out of their way and cover it, and the MOMENT the Seeker is even remotely focus-fired, he's absolutely screwed.

You cover the BM because you want him alive to stun.
    You cover the cleric because you want him alive to heal.
    You cover the wiz because you want him alive to nuke.
    You cover the sin because he may be your ace in the hole for killing their cleric or heavy DD.
    You cover the Psy because he can stun, DD, and is the best-qualified to guard people from sins.
    You cover the barb ONLY because NW and TW give barb purpose.

You neglect the Seeker because he's in no way vital to the survival of the squad whatsoever, and he's also damned annoying and difficult to save.

finally a non-seeker who understands seekers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Born_Again_ - Sanctuary
    Born_Again_ - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Venomancer b:avoid

/Thread
    b:heart C. G. C. b:heart
    - a guild/faction on many servers, where ethics and behaviour actually matters and makes a differense

b:pleased

facebook.com/group.php?gid=22920649068
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=348361