[Maintenance + Sirens of War Expansion Discussion] 11-13-2012 [COMPLETE]

Comments

• y4kuzi
    y4kuzi Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Seriously, right? like... if I pay 10m minimum to bid on TW.... I don't want it land on monday 2pm when I'm at ****ing work. 8pm Friday was SMART. 2pm on monday??? just because GM'S don't work @ 2pm on monday like they should, doesn't mean the rest of us americans (and this is an american damn server, base in L.A. california, u.s.a.) don't have jobs. 8pm on Friday was doable.... but REALLY?!?! 2pm... that's even 5pm for east coast players..who do you know is home from work and ready to play RIGHT at 5pm? seriously?? AMERICAN server... keep it american u nub GM's.

Blah. International. Not only for Americans. More blah.

Good thing Europeans can attend to TW too :) One of the best things of this expansion.
    TW is not only for Americans. It's for everyone. They finally thought about the rest aswell.
  • xalyxx
    xalyxx Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    anyone got the reward from teaser site
  • IllumiZoldyk - Sanctuary
    IllumiZoldyk - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    y4kuzi wrote: »
    Blah. International. Not only for Americans. More blah.

Good thing Europeans can attend to TW too :) One of the best things of this expansion.
    TW is not only for Americans. It's for everyone. They finally thought about the rest aswell.

@ Forcas, I merely said that TW times would be more convenient for EU players lol.

@ y4kuzi, indeed... we have to keep in mind that Perfect World INTERNATIONAL has players all around the globe. Yes, most of the servers are indeed USA servers, but if there were only American players on those servers it would mean the server itself would be dead for a lot of time when they are either asleep or at work. My point is that we ALL make the server by playing on it. We can't just tell the European players to move to EU servers instead... what if we didn't have those EU servers yet ? Then PWI would be PWUSA lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

They call me Mr. Flintstone, I can make your bed rock.
  • Forcas - Lost City
    Forcas - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    @ Forcas, I merely said that TW times would be more convenient for EU players lol.

@ y4kuzi, indeed... we have to keep in mind that Perfect World INTERNATIONAL has players all around the globe. Yes, most of the servers are indeed USA servers, but if there were only American players on those servers it would mean the server itself would be dead for a lot of time when they are either asleep or at work. My point is that we ALL make the server by playing on it. We can't just tell the European players to move to EU servers instead... what if we didn't have those EU servers yet ? Then PWI would be PWUSA lol.

Perfect world INTERNATIONAL has EUROPEAN severs for you EURO players. West coast server is based on the WEST coast of America. And it's caller INTERNATIONAL because the first version was malaysian or chinese or w/e. The WEST COAST server is based of WEST COAST time zone. therefore should follow this. If you're concerned with euro time zone... play on the EURO server! lol. & what?? europeans don't have to work on Monday??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    Perfect world INTERNATIONAL has EUROPEAN severs for you EURO players. West coast server is based on the WEST coast of America. And it's caller INTERNATIONAL because the first version was malaysian or chinese or w/e. The WEST COAST server is based of WEST COAST time zone. therefore should follow this. If you're concerned with euro time zone... play on the EURO server! lol. & what?? europeans don't have to work on Monday??

It seems you have completely missed the point, or are you saying you don't want EU players on the server you play because it doesn't suit you ? Look buddy, both USA and EU players both have cons and pros regardless if they play on an American or European server. Yes, PWI did make 2 EU servers at a later stage but what about the people that spent both a lot of time and money in bringing their characters all the way up on say for example RT or Sanc server ? To me it sounds like you're saying 'Not my concern, let them move over to there'. Don't you think that is kinda selfish ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• daniellover
    daniellover Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Are you you realy that dumb or what. You never read any posts in here???? A lot of players started on International coz there were NO EUROPEAN servers.

Telling them to go play on European servers means you are telling them to start all over again. NO friends, NO characters that you spend time and money on. You would have to leave it all behind.

I think that if every non-American player would quit playing the game on the international servers they would have to close down the game by lack of enough players.

Geez... some ppl....b:beatupb:avoid
    edited November 2012
    Are you you realy that dumb or what. You never read any posts in here???? A lot of players started on International coz there were NO EUROPEAN servers.

Telling them to go play on European servers means you are telling them to start all over again. NO friends, NO characters that you spend time and money on. You would have to leave it all behind.

I think that if every non-American player would quit playing the game on the international servers they would have to close down the game by lack of enough players.

Geez... some ppl....b:beatupb:avoid

+1 lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Seriously, right? like... if I pay 10m minimum to bid on TW.... I don't want it land on monday 2pm when I'm at ****ing work. 8pm Friday was SMART. 2pm on monday??? just because GM'S don't work @ 2pm on monday like they should, doesn't mean the rest of us americans (and this is an american damn server, base in L.A. california, u.s.a.) don't have jobs. 8pm on Friday was doable.... but REALLY?!?! 2pm... that's even 5pm for east coast players..who do you know is home from work and ready to play RIGHT at 5pm? seriously?? AMERICAN server... keep it american u nub GM's.

I seen many stupid people but you are on my top 10 on 1 place lol. How about maybe China close all PWI and let just Chinese people play the game and you can go and play Mario. 80% of people on PWI are Europeans and all the American server will be empty. Dont be a racist boy!
  • ladyalmond
    ladyalmond Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Sorry if this seems like a stupid questions but, if I have to uninstall, then redownload and reinstall the whole game, do I lose my characters or are they embedded in the game?
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It seems you have completely missed the point, or are you saying you don't want EU players on the server you play because it doesn't suit you ? Look buddy, both USA and EU players both have cons and pros regardless if they play on an American or European server. Yes, PWI did make 2 EU servers at a later stage but what about the people that spent both a lot of time and money in bringing their characters all the way up on say for example RT or Sanc server ? To me it sounds like you're saying 'Not my concern, let them move over to there'. Don't you think that is kinda selfish ?

I sort of get what he's saying. Most people joined West, East or what ever server because it was based off their time. I'm pretty sure a lot of people won't be able to TW due these changes, since most West/East Coast students will be in school or at work. Not a good idea. Not saying that it should be Euro server or gtfo. Nope not saying that. Just saying that TW time should be based off the time that people are usually home in those timezones. That's mostly the point of wanting to join a server with your timezone :o

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Wow.. I'm out of words lol. Sorry but I ain't giving up 4 years of hard work and give up on my friends just to move on the new EU server and start from 0...only to be able to attend a few events.

EDIT: Just in case, I am not and was not complaining about the event times. I'm just commenting to this quote.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    international means between two or more countries, not among all countries. it is named international, because it an PWE owned expansion into the united states, not a liscensed distribution like PW-MY or PW-RU or PW-BR.

international = between china and the US

if it was international in the sense you all seem to be desiring it to be, it would be PWI-trans-Golbal, which it isnt.

International house of pancakes are only in the US and mexico. the world series of baseball is only between the US and Canada. Its just a name, and just because you arent location restricted from accessing PWI, does not mean that everything must be catered to you and against the favor of the majority, and target audience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    I sort of get what he's saying. Most people joined West, East or what ever server because it was based off their time. I'm pretty sure a lot of people won't be able to TW due these changes, since most West/East Coast students will be in school or at work. Not a good idea. Not saying that it should be Euro server or gtfo. Nope not saying that. Just saying that TW time should be based off the time that people are usually home in those timezones. That's mostly the point of wanting to join a server with your timezone :o

You have a point somewhat about the TW times and I do respect what you are saying, to be honest I'm neutral on the TW times, I live in Europe myself and TW were like 5 am for me. It does, however, make it a little more convenient for me but this is what I meant with the 'pros' and 'cons'; Normally it was Friday and Saturday, with sometimes a single TW on Sunday. Most Europeans in our faction had no issues with coming to the Fri and Sat one, however Sunday was a no-go due to work the next day. On the 'good' side for us TWs will be easier to attend on Saturday and Sunday... though on the 'bad' side, Monday will be very difficult for most of us due to, again, work the next day.

The fact to the matter is that, like mentioned before, most Europeans started on USA servers and yes, we all 'agreed' (not like we had a choice xD) to the TW times of that particulair server. It seems that PWI has now decided to try and make it more convenient for everyone, which again brings pros and cons with it. A game, company, tv show, play or whichever can't always satisfy everyone. Decisions are made for a reason, some of us are happy about it, some of us are not. In the end we always find our way around it and try to cope with it the best we can. To be honest I was just dissapointed at seeing his/her reaction and tried to make the player aware that his comments were disrespectful towards a lot of players you see ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nalcetla - Archosaur
    Nalcetla - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ladyalmond wrote: »
    Sorry if this seems like a stupid questions but, if I have to uninstall, then redownload and reinstall the whole game, do I lose my characters or are they embedded in the game?

You should be fine I think. b:victory
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited November 2012

You'll be okay. :)

Looking forward to seeing and testing the revamped Seeker skills!
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2012

All information about your characters, progress, etc. is kept on their end, you cannot lose anything if you uninstall the game.
  • _Herp_Derp_ - Raging Tide
    _Herp_Derp_ - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    just derping around b:laugh
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    a other ting about EU players on US servers - wjen I started playing here I saw to EU servers, nice, if I spoke French or German, fluent or close to that, hence I choose a east coast server, crappy times sometimes, but at least I can use english to talk to other players.

Been on Moma for a very short time, 80% german in wc, i did understand a bit, but not enough to be able to "talk" to other players, and the french server, wouldn't understand a bit :lol:

maybe the reason for:

1. EU players on US servers
    2: some ppl crying for a English speaking EU server
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    everythign seems okay only thing that bugs me is TW
    im an euro-player lol and i actually prefered the TW times how they were before the change
    as you have noisy family around till midnight hard to TW quietly :p
    Also im pretty sure i wont be allowed to play sunday or monday either with college there& sleeping in time.
    So tht would mean id basically only have saturday to TW once....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • y4kuzi
    y4kuzi Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Exactly. Atleast now Europeans can enjoy TW aswell. ^^

So you want all Europeans to move to European servers? No thanks - I spent too many years on West Coast servers, put too much effort in my gears, made too many friends, to simply move to another server and start over.
  • Rightcard - Sanctuary
    Rightcard - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Seems like with every new expansion there are some ups and downs for everyone.
  • Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    - ● Heaven's Flame: Removed Fire damage over time component on target. Now restores 75 Chi to user after 1 second.

THANK YOU! My sage bm now has a reason to get it!
  • MystikalSly - Archosaur
    MystikalSly - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Is there a reason the patcher not only comes up as a trojan, but is also in german? Very different for me as its always been in english for me. Its also not doing anything... not updating at all even tho it says it is. been sitting there for like 20 mins and the status bar hasnt moved at all but it still says please.. yellow bar is jumping al over the place tho lol
  • Verdya - Harshlands
    Verdya - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Mine is doing the same thing, Mystikal, except it's been this way for 5 hours. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, I tried the manual patch thingy, and I've just sat here waiting it out to see if that would work, and so far, nothing. Several of my guildies are having the same issue. Wish someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It's not new, they've done it before. They just linked to the wrong news page. the rest of the patcher is still in English.

Also, since the beginning of PW, antivirus programs have flagged files as false positive for viruses. This is nothing new. Disable active scan when updating, and exclude the client directory from scans.

It's even mentioned on the Download page, and has been for some time.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • delicatee
    delicatee Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    @Mystical: The patch is almost 1.2GB big, thats gonna take a while, depending on your connection.

@Verdyra: Its hard to help you at all without knowing whats not working or what error you get. Check out Technical Support Zone also.
  • Verdya - Harshlands
    Verdya - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I used this manual patch http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1717 and it's finally going now. Do the one that says patch 658-676. It actually seems to work nicely. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XEffy - Dreamweaver
    XEffy - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So um I didn't really think this deserved a new thread made so I'm just gonna post it here.

Can you no longer get Brew of Morai? The option to has disappeared from the Morai Guide. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Things are not always how they seem
    Will you be ready?
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So um I didn't really think this deserved a new thread made so I'm just gonna post it here.

Can you no longer get Brew of Morai? The option to has disappeared from the Morai Guide. b:sad

There are new sort of wines u make with Supply Tokens at new forges. Ones for level 105 are too good wish i was level 105 -.-
  • augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There are new sort of wines u make with Supply Tokens at new forges. Ones for level 105 are too good wish i was level 105 -.-

That's what you get for not gooning. Me too.

But really, morai wines were good, cheap and absurdly easy to get. I doubt that will be possible with new pots.