[Maintenance + Sirens of War Expansion Discussion] 11-13-2012 [COMPLETE]

Comments

• Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    genotypist wrote: »
    - True Form: Stun duration decreased from 3 to 2 seconds.

So, how do I stun with true form? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • JoeDirt - Raging Tide
    JoeDirt - Raging Tide Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    OMG!!!!!!!b:victoryb:victoryb:victory

Great news everyone, there are 2!!!!!! count them, 2!!!!!! bug fixes to go along with (at least) 1 known issue...b:surrender
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Soooooo Crazy Stone for lv 100+..... wtf happened i cant do anything >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • JoeDirt - Raging Tide
    JoeDirt - Raging Tide Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Soooooo Crazy Stone for lv 100+..... wtf happened i cant do anything >.>

leveling with crazy stone was beginning to be exploited by those over lvl 100 so we decided to remove it's ability to grant xp. Crazy stone will now grant a one time use 5% off zen coupon that does not stack day to day...

sorry i'm bored while waiting for the game to finish updating, 3 minutes to download and over 30 updating already
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    genotypist wrote: »

-roflxD I didn't even notice that.
    Meh based on the translations done before for these skills, I think it's meaning to say that demon's cooldown for true forme was changed to two seconds, since sage's cooldown is two seconds.
    Yeah..... not even close. xD *facedesk*

Also I'm pretty ticked off about the bramble description being changed to say it doesn't affect players in most cases >.>' They didn't have to rub it in. It being changed to not affect players was something done in like 2008 to balance before there were these other classes with reflection-like spells of theirs which do work on normal pvp things(psys rofl, and apparentily mystics have a reflect somewhere),but nooooo, the original reflection skill class can never have theirs >.>'
    /endrant about really old veno stuff, sorry.
    Lucky Scarab's level ten stun description still says two seconds but I think it's actually longer?

And I don't tw but.. I'm afraid to hear the upset-ness of some of my friends who do. 'x3
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sicle - Raging Tide
    Sicle - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Wait, so does skill rebalance actually mean "we mostly improved the sage/demon skills" or am I reading the second post wrong?
  • augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Can anyone please check if Warsong Belts are ALL binding or if it's only the ones made the new way, please? Cause I'll be really pissed if my G16+12 belt won't be tradeable for me to use it in both accounts. b:angry

Also, did the same happen to cube necklace?
    ____
    Worst part of update: TW time changes. Best part: new ways to get +9 to +12 orbs (if - doubtful - they're not too cost prohibitive).
  • YingFei - Dreamweaver
    YingFei - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm really concerned about TW.

Really. So what if I'm a EU player that could only do TW on Friday? Or average EU player that works Monday-Friday and thus can only do Saturday? Are you just gonna leave all these players (paying players!) out?

And please, dont tell me about EU servers. I started on DW, I have my friends there, my ok-geared toon - I'm not starting over on your half-empty EU server.

Some big factions have TW attendance rules like "twice a month or get out" - pretty fair. So PWI just made lots of players leave their loved factions (or be forced to leave - worst case), lose friends, lose game interest...

You destroyed TW for US people too - since Sunday/Monday TW gonna totally suck now too and now faction health is gonna depend on EU/US players ratio. "%factionname% recruiting only US people for TW!, 100+" - do not want, please. Now Territory map gonna be unfairly screwed up - "Oh we're lucky, we attack on Monday - all their cata-pullers, squad leaders and tacticians and main DDs are EU, we gonna pwn them hard!"

Now that ws bosses are harder - less chance to finish N3. Well, there's no point to gear up for some players now, since TW is dead

So now what?
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
  • Incansin - Archosaur
    Incansin - Archosaur Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Even sadder that most Americans do not even have a 2nd language. Rest of the world learns multiple languages.

its because other countries arent a huge land mass alot of us know spanish (mexico) and french (canada) sorry were to snotty to be connected to 5 other countries...
    when life gives you lemons...
    PAINT THAT S*** GOLD!!!!!
  • daniellover
    daniellover Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm really concerned about TW.

Really. So what if I'm a EU player that could only do TW on Friday? Or average EU player that works Monday-Friday and thus can only do Saturday? Are you just gonna leave all these players (paying players!) out?

And please, dont tell me about EU servers. I started on DW, I have my friends there, my ok-geared toon - I'm not starting over on your half-empty EU server.

Some big factions have TW attendance rules like "twice a month or get out" - pretty fair. So PWI just made lots of players leave their loved factions (or be forced to leave - worst case), lose friends, lose game interest...

You destroyed TW for US people too - since Sunday/Monday TW gonna totally suck now too and now faction health is gonna depend on EU/US players ratio. "%factionname% recruiting only US people for TW!, 100+" - do not want, please. Now Territory map gonna be unfairly screwed up - "Oh we're lucky, we attack on Monday - all their cata-pullers, squad leaders and tacticians and main DDs are EU, we gonna pwn them hard!"

Now that ws bosses are harder - less chance to finish N3. Well, there's no point to gear up for some players now, since TW is dead

So now what?

+1

PW International should be remamed PW US b:infuriated b:angry
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    +1

PW International should be remamed PW US b:infuriated b:angry

PW US for ppl with no families b:chuckle. Least I consider 2pm time slot pretty terrible for ppl who got kids/friends/close connections to their families.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Nalvaes - Raging Tide
    Nalvaes - Raging Tide Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I was dreading the rebalance, but I'm glad it doesn't effect PvE.

Love the chi cost reduction b:cute
    Chaos is an ally not something to avoid...After all, how can your foes stand up to you if they have no idea what your next move will be?

Gear and weapons may make strong opponents but even a strong foe can be felled by the right tactics...
  • BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

We'll be having server maintenance tonight from 11pm to 3am PST, during which time the PWI servers will not be available. Please plan accordingly!

Tonight's maintenance question:

What part of the new expansion are you most looking forward to?

Thanks!

- The PWI Team

None

Nothing applies to me with the new expansion really.

I hate TW's because i refuse to get up at 3am for a game that really, has no benefit to me whatsoever in reality
  • augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    PW US for ppl with no families b:chuckle. Least I consider 2pm time slot pretty terrible for ppl who got kids/friends/close connections to their families.

Or those who like to eat out on weekends - we do that pretty much every weekend, and usually an afternoon-long barbecue that ends after 5pm. QQ
  • bulgaria123
    bulgaria123 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Pfff another bul**** update(expansion) say how you wanna from pwi.I see will be get more and more people who quit(new player) and more andmore alts(from some of old players who still play).How is nice to see 1 person whit 4-5 char online and play just keep numbers on player in this game.Whit this temp soon this game need to be called "Perfect alts world"
  • Incansin - Archosaur
    Incansin - Archosaur Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    3300 litmodels in and the other bar finally makes progress
    when life gives you lemons...
    PAINT THAT S*** GOLD!!!!!
  • Wampirewoman - Harshlands
    Wampirewoman - Harshlands Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    it's normal not all to be pleased ... i don't agree with some things also and tw times are just crazy for me also ... but this is the game if u want u play it if not u just uninstall and move on.
    I don't get it why so much qq ... we gonna quit ... why this time is set? why this items is so expensive ? why people can have OP gears so fast with real money? why some are 105 and why some aren't? and list can continue
    b:chuckle Raging on forums won't help u too much , just will make u angry ... if u can't take it anymore just quit .
    For non-ragers have fun and enjoy
    edited November 2012

True form gives stun now?

Different
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Different

I think it was just a mistake b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • killermystic
    killermystic Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm not finding the new manual patch 670-676. Anyone can help me pls? It's not in Download Page b:cry
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2012
  • Nihiilia - Archosaur
    Nihiilia - Archosaur Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Different

Well, I do thinkthat turning into a mermaid in real life would stun the hell out of people ;)

(Postning from my phone)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Awesome sig made by Xainou

-Swedish, so my spelling and grammar is probably kind of worthless, sorry b:embarrass-
  • IllumiZoldyk - Sanctuary
    IllumiZoldyk - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    TW times do seem to have become more convenient for European players o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

They call me Mr. Flintstone, I can make your bed rock.
    edited November 2012
    Well, I do thinkthat turning into a mermaid in real life would stun the hell out of people ;)

(Postning from my phone)

That's true, especially if i turned whilst in a shopping mall and not in the sea
  • killermystic
    killermystic Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Thank You, i'm downloading the patch now. Idk why it's not in Download Page yet.
  • Sicle - Raging Tide
    Sicle - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The notes say nothing about reducing higher lvl DQ item npc price but mystical masks (dq 61) are now 1 when sold to npc. Is this something that was intended or something that came to us by mistake? Anyone can check higher lvl dq items?

As someone who dq farms, this may be the thing that makes me quit :/
  • Forcas - Lost City
    Forcas - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    people are like "YAY, rebalance!" no dudes... all they did was make SEEKERS way better, and add to the crappy skills of the other classes... do you know any sins who use those skills listed? no? sins are still OP? yes. Archers got increases, making them even buffer like sins... seekers (who already easily push 70+def lvl and 50+atk lvl) got a bunch of huge & tiny increases. Clerics..... ? who the hell uses thunderball? or any of those other skills? All they did was make it look like they attempted a rebalanace. lol. which I'm fine with, but I was hoping some of the pvp-underdog classes would get increases WORTH WILD. but no... those mostly went to seekers and archers and bm's. lol to Re-Balance... u have to add to the weak, and subtract from the OP. this was not done. IJS. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kalish - Lost City
    Kalish - Lost City Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    people are like "YAY, rebalance!" no dudes... all they did was make SEEKERS way better, and add to the crappy skills of the other classes... do you know any sins who use those skills listed? no? sins are still OP? yes. Archers got increases, making them even buffer like sins... seekers (who already easily push 70+def lvl and 50+atk lvl) got a bunch of huge & tiny increases. Clerics..... ? who the hell uses thunderball? or any of those other skills? All they did was make it look like they attempted a rebalanace. lol. which I'm fine with, but I was hoping some of the pvp-underdog classes would get increases WORTH WILD. but no... those mostly went to seekers and archers and bm's. lol to Re-Balance... u have to add to the weak, and subtract from the OP. this was not done. IJS. b:shocked

Many mmo's have proven that nerfing classes is not the way to balance. Small increments to the other classes to bring them up to par, not huge sweeping changes that push them over and above to be the new OP class. Looks to me like PWI have taken the right step, lets just hope future changes aren't 3+ years in the making.
  • Forcas - Lost City
    Forcas - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    TW times do seem to have become more convenient for European players o.o

Seriously, right? like... if I pay 10m minimum to bid on TW.... I don't want it land on monday 2pm when I'm at ****ing work. 8pm Friday was SMART. 2pm on monday??? just because GM'S don't work @ 2pm on monday like they should, doesn't mean the rest of us americans (and this is an american damn server, base in L.A. california, u.s.a.) don't have jobs. 8pm on Friday was doable.... but REALLY?!?! 2pm... that's even 5pm for east coast players..who do you know is home from work and ready to play RIGHT at 5pm? seriously?? AMERICAN server... keep it american u nub GM's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hoover69
    hoover69 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    how long is this update suppose to take? i started at 5 am and its still not finish wth