Options

Comments

• RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    -- people that always use 'txt speak'

-- people that start a forum post by saying "ok"

-- people that don't use punctuation of any kind, making their entire post look like one big sentence
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Hmm, I just thought of a big one that I had forgotten to add to my previous list...
    - Class-specific posts in GD.
    - People complaining when they get admonished for not following the forum rules.
    - Superfluous posts when there is already a sticky or a multitude of posts on a topic.
    - People not reading threads before saying something stupid or that has already been mentioned.
    - People ignoring your entire post to point out to you that you cannot spell one word properly.
    - Yulk threads.
    - Any post by tweaks/thumbs.
    - Any post/thread taking yulk/tweaks/thumbs seriously.
    - Threads that get closed before I can acquire a quick post count.
    - Ponies.
    - Threads complaining about Lunar BH.
    - Multiple threads of the same topic.
    - Idiot new trolls.
    - That idiot mod that posts in the third person like a brain-dead preschooler
    - People who don't call Hey, you! by his name.
    - People who ask for others to do work for them instead of doing it themselves because they are too lazy to do so. i.e. "What sales are there currently?" instead of clicking the effing News link and looking or "About how much would this cost in gold?" instead of using a ****ing four-function calculator to add and multiply some numbers.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    - People who ask for others to do work for them instead of doing it themselves because they are too lazy to do so. i.e. "What sales are there currently?" instead of clicking the effing News link and looking or "About how much would this cost in gold?" instead of using a ****ing four-function calculator to add and multiply some numbers.

Oh yes! Forgot that one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Niriam - Dreamweaver
    Niriam - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Words
    Have you returned to Dreamweaver yet? ;_;
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Have you returned to Dreamweaver yet? ;_;

Not really, no. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    And besides that, I rather see Euthymius being helpful with her posts and funny at the same time, than some troll.

Why does it have to be that choice ? It's not like it's a crusade against Euthymius, who I agree is a very helpfull poster on these forums. I rather see Skai then Zanryu, if you see what I mean.
    Seriously, people hating so much on ponies need to grow up. b:surrender

It's more an excessive reaction to the excessive pony posting. Would be the same if it were any other theme. It's the excessiveness that bugs poeple, not the ponies themselves.
    It's just a posting style really. No different than colored text, 3rd person posts, or something of that nature. If you read the posts and ignore the links I think most of them are usually extremely on topic, polite, and helpful. They just contain a link to a reaction image to emphasize certain points. The same way I might bold or underline them. I think if you stopped thinking of it as just someone showing off their hobby and more like a posting style it's less annoying. I think of it as kind of the real life equivalent of someone who gestures a lot to emphasize their point. As opposed to the real life equivalent of someone who won't shutup about their hobby. Which is maybe why I don't understand the hatred of it.

I don't agree on the "most of them are usually extremely on topic, polite, and helpfull". To me, pony poster =/= brony. There are a few posting ponies just to bug others, while there are also bronies that don't put pony pictures in every post.

Even if you compare it to a posting style, I saw some state being annoyed by bad text formatting and/or collors. This didn't shock anyone or cause a major debate. It were even some of those "defending" the pony posting saying that.

So yeah, you can compare it, but it doesn't make it less annoying imo. I don't hate it, it just gives me the "*sigh* oh that again b:tired " - *skip post* effect. Just like I have with posts from seitori or fuzzy. That's a pitty, cause for example Euthymius does have good posts for those that I read.

N.B. I'm more posting to actually give the reason why ponies are annoying for some persons. Just going "I HATE PONIES b:angry" isn't of much use and really exagerated. I believe tollerance is a 2 way road. There are ways for bronies to express their pony-ness without pimping up every post. Look at Skai.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

Oh how I hate this as well. It applies in-game,too.

When the Descent expansion just came out I had a lot of people asking me about it, what is this writing above the names, which order to choose, what can you do in Morai, how can you enter etc. etc.

I even linked the forum thread about it and explained where to go and how to find the information. Some of them told me they are too lazy to do it b:lipcurl Well, in that case I stopped bothering to answer all their questions.

I was fine with the first few people but it got on my nerves after a while when I had like 10+ people asking me the exact same things...
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    This is why girls shoudnt play Clerics...

^That kind of post. It's just, geez. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »
    XD, Krissy thanks you for that comment :3

People who refer to themselves in such a manner may be my biggest annoyance.

Oh, also Decus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • soleida
    soleida Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I started to hate PWI

The most stupid think is to hear that venomancer is outdated and are not welcome in FF.

Sadly I have a cleric to and started to think: F...you I never help again
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Oh, also Decus.

I love you too, Ted b:sad
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    This thread's already covered a lot of my dislikes and I'm too hungry to think up more right now.

tl;dr version of it will be idiots in general. b:cute
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    People who refer to themselves in such a manner may be my biggest annoyance.

Oh, also Decus.

Glad I'm not writing in 3rd person. :3
    edited November 2012
    Options
    If you try to tell me that was your character saying thanks, I might have to shake you.

Oh, one thing that actually does annoy me is when I forget to log in before I start browsing threads, and the posts from people on my ignore list show up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    edited November 2012
    Options
    If you try to tell me that was your character saying thanks, I might have to shake you.

Oh, one thing that actually does annoy me is when I forget to log in before I start browsing threads, and the posts from people on my ignore list show up.

Kossy doesn't have a clue what you're talking about. I do believe you've managed to confuse her.

Now the question is, was I just writing in third person or did Kossy do it? b:chuckle
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Don't make me start posting ponies . . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    edited November 2012
    Options
    This is general discussion. I can ignore the links since you can't make images show up here anymore!

Also, people who post horrible information, then throw a fit when people correct them. That's always annoying.... though often times very amusing!
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Or those who ask for advice or an opinion, then freak out when the answer isn't what they want to hear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    edited November 2012
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Kossy doesn't have a clue what you're talking about. I do believe you've managed to confuse her.

Now the question is, was I just writing in third person or did Kossy do it? b:chuckle

Now see, you're confusing me and Kris, are you talking about me (who's a guy) or Kris? :3

Why is that? Is it because you think that there is a problem with referring to your in-game character as an actual person? (because it has some schizophrenic undertones in there?) Well, think about it this way, I don't have to be myself on here because in reality, being on the internet allows you to role-play however you want.

That being said, we can agree that it is weird to do that, but since it doesn't happen that often, it's not like it's overly annoying/hurting you is all I'm trying to say.

:3
  • truekossy
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Now see, you're confusing me and Kris, are you talking about me (who's a guy) or Kris? :3

Who knows? I may have been talking about Kossy, or Kris!

Not you, though... unless you transformed into yourself and became a girl in the process!
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Why is that? Is it because you think that there is a problem with referring to your in-game character as an actual person? (because it has some schizophrenic undertones in there?) Well, think about it this way, I don't have to be myself on here because in reality, being on the internet allows you to role-play however you want.

That being said, we can agree that it is weird to do that, but since it doesn't happen that often, it's not like it's overly annoying/hurting you is all I'm trying to say.

:3

^This. Tis harmless fun, is all. Artistic minded right brained folk understand this sort of thing. Left brainers tend to think it's strange. b:pleased

I tend to refer to my characters as separate folk only to separate them from my many other characters on this game. But often they have their own personalities that come through in my artwork.

And I may or may not do a little role-play as an axe wielding psychotic woman named after a deadly flower that's terrified of snakes while questing with the incarnation of Destruction himself.

- People that can't except things in good fun. (added to my list)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Or people who can't recognize when Ted is joking b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MikoTenshi - Sanctuary
    MikoTenshi - Sanctuary Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Guilty as charged. Luring for almost four years, and only 328 posts b:surrender

lmaoo... sounds like me.

---

As for annoying, people that keep suggesting new class, though pwi will never make a new class and we know it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy made by Silvychar <3
  • DeadRaven - Sanctuary
    DeadRaven - Sanctuary Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    lmaoo... sounds like me.

---

As for annoying, people that keep suggesting new class, though pwi will never make a new class and we know it.

I just realized a new annoyance, people that quote me.....because it is always after someone quotes me that I notice the spelling or grammar mistakes in my original post b:sweat

Lurking*

b:chuckle
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    When the ignore list gets picky and refuses to block someone.
  • Lucrecia - Momaganon
    Lucrecia - Momaganon Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    @ViciousMinx - Didnt even know something like this exists. Thank you!

Well after the TBs i did really believe they wont create new classes because i already thought Psychics are just wannabe-wizzies and i couldnt think of any new class/role PWI didnt already had. But PWE surprised me again ...

I wouldnt be too sure even if they say there wont be new classes now. Maybe when they really run out of money they make a new Superior-op-class which you have to buy via CS

But yeah, im pretty sure IF they plan to create a new class they wont look for ideas in our forum. And those suggestions really ARE annoying, and even more when they are posted on the wrong forum again and again >>

I can only hope you are right
    Do you believe in life before death?
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The PM limit. And the fact that PMs send to a character, not the account.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • krisnda
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Or people who can't recognize when Ted is joking b:chuckle

Fair enough. :3 Lol.

Edit: As a Forum Moderator, I hate being confused with/being blamed for being a GM "killing the game" or what not ><. Lol.
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Fair enough. :3 Lol.

Edit: As a Forum Moderator, I hate being confused with/being blamed for being a GM "killing the game" or what not ><. Lol.

QQ game is dead ^your fault >:(

gameisdead spams annoy me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    QQ game is dead ^your fault >:(

gameisdead spams annoy me

No one asked for your opinion, Nariin. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]