Things that annoy you on the forum

Options

Comments

• Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I found another one:

-Misleading thread titles. They are like baits to lure, and then...IT'S A TRAP!

b:cry
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I found another one:

-Misleading thread titles. They are like baits to lure, and then...IT'S A TRAP!

b:cry

Poor Admiral Ackbar. D:
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I wonder if ponies and dragons are related?

I posit the following theory.

Centaurs, unicorns are pony related family. Centaurs, unicorns live where dragons exist. Since ponies are related to unicorns and centaurs, it reasons that they are connected to the same world, so in the chaos of posting a dragon picture, the order was still followed, but was muddled.

Yes? No? Should i quit now?

Just look at the KIRINs within this game itself, for your answer on the possibilities of it......b:thanks

b:pleasedNow theres a {Pony/Dragon} if there ever was one....b:victoryb:chuckle
  • danilco
    danilco Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I dislike the ppl that respond to threads but have not actually read the original Post.
    Dislike ppl who automatically say your QQ when your just posting a point, or opinion.
    Dislike ppl who respond by saying, "Don't post this on forums, write up a ticket." We all know faster action is taken from MOD's b:thanks
    Dislike ppl that respond to your problem with, "yes I have the same problem as you." Think they are just trying to rack up Post points.
    and last but hated the most....
    Ppl that make forum post that are way to big, and have no punctuation. Nothing worse then a run on sentence that is 5 pages long. b:shutup
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    danilco wrote: »
    Dislike ppl who respond by saying, "Don't post this on forums, write up a ticket." We all know faster action is taken from MOD's b:thanks

Mods are not GMs, so they can't do anything about a lot of the issues that people are posting about asking for their help. In addition a lot of people don't really post on the forums so don't necessarily know much about the ticketing system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Jaytrain - Lost City
    Jaytrain - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    1. Im quitting
    2.(same person 2 days later) Im back
    3. troll threads by yulk_owns
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ...yeah you girls should just stick with your Venos and go play somewhere else alone where no1 gotta bother about you. If you like to help others do NOT pick a Cleric because you WILL **** it up. Better stay away from serious squads. b:pleased

you do know you also need girls to spread your genes and have kids right how are you gonna get any girl to be around you. o um w8 ignore what i just said we dont need anymore of your kind around o and im a dude just so you dont pull any bull **** like a girl cant have any opinions.

i have found another thing i h8 on these forums people like this nit wit
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Lucrecia - Momaganon
    Lucrecia - Momaganon Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    anwynd wrote: »
    you do know you also need girls to spread your genes and have kids
    Not that i share his opinion, but really this is not an argument. Especially not in an overpopulated world and not related to the statement Girls cant play clerics b:laugh

I have to say that I played since PWI released years ago, on different servers and lots of different factions and i only met ONE real girl so far who actually knew how to play her class (Veno and Cleric). Every girl i met told me later that shes a male. (Or i got really surprised when we skyped first time and she had a male voice)

I do think some girls can play good, but while guys take this game way too seriously girls tend to use wrong words in absolutely wrong situations sometimes . And those b.itchfights ....( well i enjoy this.)
    Do you believe in life before death?
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    anwynd wrote: »
    you do know you also need girls to spread your genes and have kids right how are you gonna get any girl to be around you. o um w8 ignore what i just said we dont need anymore of your kind around o and im a dude just so you dont pull any bull **** like a girl cant have any opinions.

i have found another thing i h8 on these forums people like this nit wit

Don't know how to quote multiple sources when they're all spread out, so I'll
    just quote this one.

_Shui_'s post (which the quote is referring to) was certainly a joke, a bit of
    sarcasm in response to an earlier post that sounded sexist. At least, that's
    how it struck me on first (and second, and third) readings. I was surprised
    when I saw how ppl took him seriously.

But maybe I'm wrong and _Shui_ IS, in fact, a misogynistic pig.b:laugh

on-topic: I'm annoyed when I try to think of something to be on-topic, and I can't.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ponyduck wrote: »
    just quote this one.

Multi-quote works across various pages and topics. Just hit quote on whatever when you have everything you want to quote.
    edited November 2012
    Options
    just quote this one.

on-topic: I'm annoyed when I try to think of something to be on-topic, and I can't.

He was the one that made earlier sexist post too.

Anyway, I suppose sexist jokes are ones that more annoy me in-game than on the forums. Though when I see them here too, it does get a bit annoying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • truekossy
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Anyway, I suppose sexist jokes are ones that more annoy me in-game than on the forums. Though when I see them here too, it does get a bit annoying.

For the most part, I can ignore them or sometimes laugh at them since I'm actually fairly easygoing.

Sometimes, though, they're just too damn stupid for me not to facepalm at.
    edited November 2012
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    For the most part, I can ignore them or sometimes laugh at them since I'm actually fairly easygoing.

Sometimes, though, they're just too damn stupid for me not to facepalm at.

Oh, i'm not easily offended by them. But most of them lack any sort of originality whatsoever. Thinks like LOL girls can't play x, or LOL make me a sandwich/get in the kitchen. Just stupid/lame and annoying and made too often. :P And what's worse, most of them aren't even funny. ><
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • truekossy
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Yeah. It's exactly why I'm able to ignore them so easily most of the time. It's when people are actually trying but STILL lack any form of originality or humor that I somewhat get an urge to want to invent an app that allows me to punch people through the internet....

That, and the fact that putting up with it over and over can get aggravating. There's only so much of these things a person can take before wanting to make some of these people stick something in a mammogram machine that they wouldn't like having there. b:irritated
  • ponyduck
    edited November 2012
    Options
    He was the one that made earlier sexist post too.

I just went back & checked, and you're right, Venus--he DID make the original
    sexist post. LOL

I tend to always think people are kidding with such blatant prejudices, as I
    can't see how such a mind-set can exist in reality (even tho I know they dob:sad).

And thanks, Jaabg, for the tip about multi-quoting. I didn't know it would work like
    that.

on-topic: I'm annoyed when threads get pulled way off track.
    (thrashes self)
  • truekossy
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Multi-quote works across various pages and topics. Just hit quote on whatever when you have everything you want to quote.
    I just went back & checked, and you're right, Venus--he DID make the original
    sexist post. LOL

I tend to always think people are kidding with such blatant prejudices, as I
    can't see how such a mind-set can exist in reality (even tho I know they dob:sad).

And thanks, Jaabg, for the tip about multi-quoting. I didn't know it would work like
    that.

on-topic: I'm annoyed when threads get pulled way off track.
    (thrashes self)
    that.
    And thanks, Jaabg, for the tip about multi-quoting.
    And thanks, Jaabg,
    thanks, Jaabg,
    Jaabg,
    Jaabg
    Jaabg
    Had to do it, forgive me! lol
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU b:angry
  • ponyduck
    edited November 2012
    Options
    LOLOLOL.

I just now noticed that myself.

Sorry, kossy. I certainly don't want to attribute your genius-ness to
    someone else.

(I had Jaabg on my mind, as I was wondering if he would look up
    "misogynistic" like he did "curmudgeonly")
  • truekossy
    edited November 2012
    Options
    To be honest, I just wanted another chance to do that since I haven't had the chance to do so and have a laugh with it in a while. Yay for invisible text in my post! b:chuckle
    edited November 2012
    Options
    To be honest, I just wanted another chance to do that since I haven't had the chance to do so and have a laugh with it in a while. Yay for invisible text in my post! b:chuckle

b:chuckle
    No forgiveness for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • truekossy
    edited November 2012
    Options
    b:chuckle
    No forgiveness for you!

What if I give you a cookie? b:cute

Something new to consider, people who don't understand really obvious sarcasm/joking and make a huge rant in response to what everyone else realizes wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I can understand if it's something more subtle, but for if the post even points out that it's being sarcastic and someone STILL feels the need to make a rant about it... >_>;
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    STILL feels the need to make a rant about it... >_>;

Give them zombie muffin and ask them to figure out who gets the pk kill count b:victory.
    edited November 2012
    Options
    What if I give you a cookie? b:cute

It's a start! >< b:mischievous

This is one I do. I hate how all the smiles I use aren't scroll-able on the little menu to the right. I memorized the winky one and this one (b:sin) but I keep spelling mischievous wrong. It's like wednesday, I KNOW how to spell it. It just never comes out that way. ><
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I like some of you guys on here :3.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »

Guys = Males or Guys = male+female? It always seems like i am teasing you or picking on you, that is not the case b:sad b:avoid.
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    _Shui - Harshlands Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    just quote this one.

Yah it was more meant as joke. Im usually not a sexist or so...
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »

b:angry I hate you all. Especially kossy! b:angry b:angry

Lies, I secretly love kossy and keep trying to get her to date me. >.>
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    edited November 2012
    Options
    b:angry I hate you all. Especially kossy! b:angry b:angry

Lies, I secretly love kossy and keep trying to get her to date me. >.>

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1517821
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    edited November 2012
    Options
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

It was a joke... You should make a topic with a different title stating "Why do I take things so seriously on this forum?"