Perfect Questmaster NPC and horn spam - keep the discussion here!

Options

Comments

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    laloner wrote: »
    Whenever I use a horn to get it out of inventory I just type a period and nothing else. Each time someone PMs me with "ty, ty". These horns need to be blockable.

I hate when people do this personally. If you're going to use it, use it. Otherwise just npc it. To see it blasting my screen and knowing it contributed nothing to no one is annoying. At least when someone professes their love of faction/friend you can think to yourself, well good for whoever that is. If they rickroll you, you can think lol that was funny. At the very least you know they had fun. If you don't like them and don't want to use them, why not just npc them? This is still much better than the "i need inventory space" messages though.

Horns are slowing but I got quite a chuckle out of one today. Someone said in blue font "has left the faction" b:laugh I did a double and notice it said Horn next to the nameb:chuckle

I saw that too. It was pretty funny and I did the same thing.

TBH I don't think it's safe to blame the horn spam yet... There's been random server crashes before without horn spam, but there were server crashes. I know it wasn't my net because I was still connected to vent and everyone on vent had all said they dc'd and I talk on 2 different vents checked em both everyone on pwi had DC'd. So RT wasn't the only one that crashed.

I checked the server list. I had no ping for any of the east coast servers but could still sign into the west and european servers. There was also a long **** thread from people on all the east coast servers. So I'm fairly certain it was the east coast servers acting up again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    TBH I don't think it's safe to blame the horn spam yet... There's been random server crashes before without horn spam, but there were server crashes. I know it wasn't my net because I was still connected to vent and everyone on vent had all said they dc'd and I talk on 2 different vents checked em both everyone on pwi had DC'd. So RT wasn't the only one that crashed.

If Pwi can blame client instability on a orb sale, why not us? Of course, I'd just blame the horn spam just because. b:shutup
  • Mordenita - Dreamweaver
    Mordenita - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I hate when people do this personally. If you're going to use it, use it. Otherwise just npc it. To see it blasting my screen and knowing it contributed nothing to no one is annoying. If you don't like them and don't want to use them, why not just npc them? This is still much better than the "i need inventory space" messages though.

Personally I find it silly when people get mad about a period or blank horn... There's no NPC inside an instance and you're trying to get a drop that's rightfully yours, but can't because your inventory is full. I agree if you don't want the horn npc it, but I mostly aim that toward people that shout things like I HATE HORNS while using a horn.
    Don't like me? That's fine everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But Don't disrespect me I wont Disrespect you.b:mischievous
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I saw that too. It was pretty funny and I did the same thing.

Same. Wonder how many people just simultaneously open their guild menu at that moment.
    edited June 2012
    Options
    If Pwi can blame client instability on a orb sale, why not us? Of course, I'd just blame the horn spam just because. b:shutup
    Okay fine blame the horns have at it :x
    Don't like me? That's fine everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But Don't disrespect me I wont Disrespect you.b:mischievous
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Personally I find it silly when people get mad about a period or blank horn... There's no NPC inside an instance and you're trying to get a drop that's rightfully yours, but can't because your inventory is full. I agree if you don't want the horn npc it, but I mostly aim that toward people that should things like I HATE HORNS while using a horn.

Meh the second I talked to the questmaster and got the horn I'd of just NPCed it personally. And like I said in the earlier posts the "I hate horns" people are much more annoying. I guess I just find it annoying because you're making your problem the servers annoyance. I mean if you're gonna use em at least enjoy it. The ones who just go for it like the "just left faction" guy or the guy that rick rolled dreamweaver were at least fun and accomplished the same thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Meh the second I talked to the questmaster and got the horn I'd of just NPCed it personally. And like I said in the earlier posts the "I hate horns" people are much more annoying. I guess I just find it annoying because you're making your problem the servers annoyance. I mean if you're gonna use em at least enjoy it. The ones who just go for it like the "just left faction" guy or the guy that rick rolled dreamweaver were at least fun and accomplished the same thing.

No that rick roll wasn't nice I swear I wasn't looking up naughty thingsb:cry
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Outside of the nasty comments and continuous spam from the horns... The Perfect Quartermaster quests were a huge success. Most of the people I talked to enjoyed all of the rewards except for the Horn.

The spam we endure everyday for event gold and pack rewards is enough to drive anyone insane or immune to any chat. I am guessing PWC still doesnt have a grasp on the differences between the player in China and the player in North America.
    edited June 2012
    Options
    No that rick roll wasn't nice I swear I wasn't looking up naughty thingsb:cry

I think we maybe talking about different rickrolls. o.o Anyway this guy was using his horn and then he was all like I'm never gonna give you up. I'm never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around on or desert you. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I think we maybe talking about different rickrolls. o.o Anyway this guy was using his horn and then he was all like I'm never gonna give you up. I'm never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around on or desert you. b:avoid

I know what you're talking about like 3 seperate people have done it that i've seen b:chuckle
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I know what you're talking about like 3 seperate people have done it that i've seen b:chuckle

I know right. It's like they're never gonna give it up. They're never gonna let it down. They're never gonna around or desert it. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Adilah - Dreamweaver
    Adilah - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I think I'm one of the few that actually like horns. I mean, come on, you get to change your font color to any color and add emotion to it. Not to mention the funny fishies. b:chuckle I don't think I'd mind if they came back into the boutique. Sure some people despise them with a passion, but how hard is it to move the box to somewhere out of the way? People just need to stop QQing every time they see a horn pop up. System spam is way more annoying anyway. Besides, you get a pretty hilarious one here and there, just like that "just left faction" horn venus mentioned lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Things are not always how they seem
    Will you be ready?
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I think I'm one of the few that actually like horns. I mean, come on, you get to change your font color to any color and add emotion to it. Not to mention the funny fishies. b:chuckle I don't think I'd mind if they came back into the boutique. Sure some people despise them with a passion, but how hard is it to move the box to somewhere out of the way? People just need to stop QQing every time they see a horn pop up. System spam is way more annoying anyway. Besides, you get a pretty hilarious one here and there, just like that "just left faction" horn venus mentioned lol.
    I would when I switch to whisper chat I do it for a reason =_= and people will take advantage of horns like CRAZY does nothing but scroll my chat... But hey if PWI made those fish smileys available to us in the boutique I wouldn't complain b:pleased
    edited June 2012
    Options

If they took away the pop up box that came with Horns, maybe I could tolerate them better. It just gets hard to click things when my tools become suddenly covered by a massive blinking chat box which could make me mess up something. b:shocked
  • Adilah - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I would when I switch to whisper chat I do it for a reason =_=

That's probably the only problem I have with horns. I always switch to whisper when i go afk. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Will you be ready?
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I know right. It's like their never gonna give it up. Their never gonna let it down. Their never gonna around or desert it. b:avoid

uses proper punctuation but can't use words in their correct context
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Me too I think someone has a thread already about it.
  • Adilah - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Anyway this guy was using his horn and then he was all like I'm never gonna give you up. I'm never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around on or desert you. b:avoid

Look at her post again. Fail troll? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Will you be ready?
    edited June 2012
    Options
    uses proper punctuation but can't use words in their correct context

b:quiet

Look at her post again. Fail troll? lol

Nah, I used their instead of they're the second time. I'm just trying to catch Mordenita in a rick roll because we were talking about it. So I not so subtlety put it in both posts. But I paid zero attention to what I was writing and thus made the fail mistake. It's fixed now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
    edited June 2012
    Options
    That's probably the only problem I have with horns. I always switch to whisper when i go afk. b:surrender

I do the same and I respond to any pm's I received when I return. But those first day those horns were out all I saw when I woke up to my catshop in PM's was horn horn horn System horn system system horn horn horn SHUT UP DUKE horn"
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Glad I have high tolerance for chats in this MMO.

Horns don't bug me.

It's a gift, I know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    b:quiet.

i see you changed your post

my job here is done
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • anakisutsta
    anakisutsta Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    All this QQing and still no sensible solutions offered from people...Horns don't need to be banned, they just need to be fixed and fixing them couldn't be more simple. Just get rid of the box that pops up and put a 10 minute cooldown to limit how often a person can use them. If you do this, you could even release them in the Cash Shop and I'm sure nobody would complain. I bet they still would though...
    edited June 2012
    Options
    All this QQing and still no sensible solutions offered from people...Horns don't need to be banned, they just need to be fixed and fixing them couldn't be more simple. Just get rid of the box that pops up and put a 10 minute cooldown to limit how often a person can use them. If you do this, you could even release them in the Cash Shop and I'm sure nobody would complain. I bet they still would though...

Question right now people are only getting 1 horn per character and people are getting mad about the spam meaning to many DIFFERENT people are talking in horn chat (well not anymore it's stopped now) but regardless what is putting a CD gonna do exactly? Still all kinds of different people will be talking. It's not like everyone talks at once.... especially something as small as a 10 minute CD put them in cash shop that CD will make minimal diffrence.
  • anakisutsta
    anakisutsta Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Question right now people are only getting 1 horn per character and people are getting mad about the spam meaning to many DIFFERENT people are talking in horn chat (well not anymore it's stopped now) but regardless what is putting a CD gonna do exactly? Still all kinds of different people will be talking. It's not like everyone talks at once.... especially something as small as a 10 minute CD put them in cash shop that CD will make minimal diffrence.

Well how often do system messages go off? I'm sure a lot more often than horns do, and people seem to tolerate them just fine. Putting some sort of restrictions on how often you can use horns would make sure it stays that way. Honestly, I'm starting to think you people are just moaning for the sake of moaning. If it wasn't horns, I'm sure you'd find something else to complain about.
  • Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear
    Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Honestly, the idea of being able to change the color and meaning of your chat, isn't that bad...

It's just the fact that everybody's forced to see it in every channel, even in whispers, that is sooooo damn annoying, and causing all this drama.

If you'd limit horns only to normal chat, or make it possible to disable horn chat, everybody would be happy, and maybe you could even start selling horns instead of teles to make money :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "sorry i hate post like this,im not trolling it,Im freakin gargoyaling it." - OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    "You can't quit untill you try, you can't live untill you die; You can't learn to tell the truth untill you learn to lie
    You can't breathe untill you choke; You gotta laugh when you're the joke
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel ALIVE" - Lyrics (not mine obviously coz I'm dumbb:chuckle)
    edited June 2012
    Options
    The entire point of horns is that they can't be disabled. To remove the entire point would be pretty stupid and they might as well just stop selling them if they did that. It would make more sense to either to allow them continue to have their text box but with a limited size and don't put the contents of that chat into the regular chat channels. OR make them like system chat so they aren't just popping in huge letters and blocking portions of your screen. I'd prefer the second option but the people who leave the channel on whisper might prefer the first. Either way the horn spam is pretty much over now on DW so it's not as big a deal anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    The entire point of horns is that they can't be disabled. To remove the entire point would be pretty stupid and they might as well just stop selling them if they did that. It would make more sense to either to allow them continue to have their text box but with a limited size and don't put the contents of that chat into the regular chat channels. OR make them like system chat so they aren't just popping in huge letters and blocking portions of your screen. I'd prefer the second option but the people who leave the channel on whisper might prefer the first. Either way the horn spam is pretty much over now on DW so it's not as big a deal anymore.

It is still a big deal on Dreamweaver and it should be disabled...can you not understand that we DO NOT want horns if we cannot turn them off! Can you not understand that we do not enjoy these and shouldn't be forced to see someone elses ignorance! The point is horns were stupid to begin with and we do not want them!
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Until something is done about the horns i will not playb:angry...had enough period!
    edited June 2012
    Options
    It is still a big deal on Dreamweaver and it should be disabled...can you not understand that we DO NOT want horns if we cannot turn them off! Can you not understand that we do not enjoy these and shouldn't be forced to see someone elses ignorance! The point is horns were stupid to begin with and we do not want them!

I understand you don't like them. I don't like them either. I agree that they were a stupid idea to begin with. But I can also understand that horns that can be turned off= teleacoustics. Since people work much harder for them than teles it's not fair to the people who do like them to change the entire point of getting them. I mean now that the weapon has a time limit it could be argued that the horns are the only good thing to come out of the level 50 supply stash. And some people pay real life money to get that. It's not fair to those people to take away their items just because someone else doesn't like them. So they've limited their availability. And I see far less horn spam on DW now than when the quest-master first appeared. Heck, there was so many people grabbing them when they first appeared that the server seemed to overload and crash. Compared to that it's nowhere near as bad. Anyway they can only get the horn one time per character so it should die down to the levels before the NPC was introduced pretty soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous: