Perfect Questmaster NPC and horn spam - keep the discussion here!

Options
AryLynna - Dreamweaver
AryLynna - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
Where did the npc Perfect Questmaster come from?!!?! b:cry
He's giving out horns + random etc if you've completed 200 quests +, so now everyone has horns ~ spam spam.. spam
+ random other stuff
http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/26079
Post edited by AryLynna - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• gobbledeegook
    gobbledeegook Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I love this game and have played for many years. I have spent my share of cash on this game and am now ready to never spend another penny. The horns are absolutely an annoyance. Here are several suggestions:

1. do away with the horns completely (my personal favorite)
    2. create a setting that allows you to turn off the chat horns so you do not have to view the general vulgarity, spamming and BS that is usually found in the messages
    3. create an item that can be bought to block horn displays. This would serve to generate more cash shop business for sure.

My experience tonight with the horns has not been pleasant and I do not want to play with an intrusion that interferes with game play the way these do. World chat you can turn off and ignore whenever you want. Why not horns?

pissed off gamer
  • gobbledeegook
    gobbledeegook Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I love this game and have played for many years. I have spent my share of cash on this game and am now ready to never spend another penny. The horns are absolutely an annoyance. Here are several suggestions:

1. do away with the horns completely (my personal favorite)
    2. create a setting that allows you to turn off the chat horns so you do not have to view the general vulgarity, spamming and BS that is usually found in the messages
    3. create an item that can be bought to block horn displays. This would serve to generate more cash shop business for sure.

My experience tonight with the horns has not been pleasant and I do not want to play with an intrusion that interferes with game play the way these do. World chat you can turn off and ignore whenever you want. Why not horns?

pissed off gamer
  • Ivienn - Lost City
    Ivienn - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    It's awesome!! Pretty fash <3
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    good question. i dont think it exists. a lot of things in pwdatabase are said to exist but they dont. i think this is simply one of many. but i do like the idea of an extra reward for doing quests. will make more people want to do them, maybe.
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • blackberry2929
    blackberry2929 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I think there nice b:pleased
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    good question. i dont think it exists. a lot of things in pwdatabase are said to exist but they dont. i think this is simply one of many. but i do like the idea of an extra reward for doing quests. will make more people want to do them, maybe.

He's activated right now actually. He's in the major cities. Look for Perfect Questmaster in your coordinate assistant. The timed fashion is to die for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Horns...horns everywhere.
    Aside from him giving those out, he's a pretty neat NPC. Never thought we would be able to claim rewards for doing X amount of quests. I wouldnt mind him showing up every now and then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I moved the horn window under my skillbars b:victory
  • phoenixwar
    phoenixwar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    like 300,400,500, 1000 quests.

as a form of honor for the real hardcore questers b:pleased
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    uhhh horns are not any where near as bad as the system message spam even tho I agree they are quite annoying
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    It's a temporary event giving these items out, and you can only get one per toon. Annoying as the horns are, they'll dwindle back into obscurity in a couple of days.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    People just get one on each char, people spam today but tomorrow almost no one will have horn left.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Does opening fc count :O
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    1. If they get rid of horns the game will be less fun for some players.

2. A setting that turns them off and on doesn't sound bad at all. b:victory

3. Create a iteam that can be bought? That really asinine it defeats the purpose of the setting suggestion.

Never let what someone say affect you ;) this game isn't real.
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    horns killed the server ....
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    XxZavxX - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Apparently horns bring about server instability. Mass dc on RT lol.
  • Nana_PL - Raging Tide
    Nana_PL - Raging Tide Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    World chat you can turn off and ignore whenever you want. Why not horns?

Unfortunately, thats the purpose of horns..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You know, they say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom. And the further you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you will become as a result."
  • ZodiarkE - Dreamweaver
    ZodiarkE - Dreamweaver Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Wow mass dc its actually thanks to that perfect questmaster add on, may I suggest actually remove the horns out, perhaps maybe that would be the reason why of the mass dc, you could tell me if its my computer, but honestly I know more computering then you so, do not even try that story, otherwise you will have a 100.04% of failing at trying that on me.

again as i said its better to remove and add better items to the entire thing, than to have mass dc from annoying perfect horns.
  • evil013
    evil013 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    GET A SENCE OF HUMOUR PEOPLE!!!!!!b:laugh Your life must be **** if a few ppl having fun with horns ruins your gameb:chuckle u are idiotsb:angry
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    evil013 wrote: »
    GET A SENCE OF HUMOUR PEOPLE!!!!!!b:laugh Your life must be **** if a few ppl having fun with horns ruins your gameb:chuckle u are idiotsb:angry

no some people are too childish. problably you included. the chat is flashy and ppl spamming lines of **** flashing, cant be true we have to look for ways to block it illegally. we can hope the npc is a 1 day only thing, so ppl only get 1 perfect horn, so its a 1 time only spam day...

but horns made me log off now, too ****** annoying nand cant blacklist enough people -.-
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• m1234567890
    m1234567890 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    HORNS, REALLY, i filter all the other chats except whisper faction and squad so i dont have to see the stupid **** that goes on in trade and world. now with horns ya can't seem to filter them out at all, no matter where u are ya gotta see them. why dont u regulate the horns and keep them out of the "private" chats so we (the people who don't need to be the center of attention) dont have to see the **** they spew in world. isnt that the reason for having so many different chats and the filter system, so people dont have to listen? ya need to do something, the block lists dont hold enough information to block all the stupid f's out there just spewing to spew.
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Horns can be entertaining in moderationb:pleased
    However, they become an annoyance when used en masse like our current situation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • jigisha
    jigisha Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I am playing PWI now for a very long time, allways arranged with better or worse add-ons, could accept a lot, even I wasnt allways pleased of all new contents. Even after years I enjoyed and nice things of this game prevailed for me, so I wasnt ready yet to leave game, allways found new ways to keep fun. But suddenly someone got a very very silly idea to add horns as award, OMG, everyone who is able to think a bit further, could have known what will happenb:angry horn-shouts every single second, spamming my screenb:angry after 10 mins gaming I was ready to log outb:faintTAKE AWAY THOSE HORNS PLEEEEEAAAAAASE blacklist isnt long enough to bl all who use, or at least stop the "big size shout" and reduce it to be shown only in chat and make it able to switch offb:faintb:faint
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Horns can be entertaining in moderationb:pleased
    However, they become an annoyance when used en masse like our current situation.

They're the perfect troll tool. All the rage about them becomes more amusing than the actual horns themselves. lol.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    {4 to 1} that (7 Months) after this night, they'll finally'Cancel Out!' All Hopes for 'Player Suspensions!' And claim that there was No Possible Way! For them to track the 1s Who Were Responsable for crashing your {Eastcoast} Servers!! (Even if People Supply them Screenshots! Showing them the 1s who did it! In the Chat Window!!!!!!!!!!b:laugh(b:pleased)b:laugh
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    jigisha wrote: »
    I am playing PWI now for a very long time, allways arranged with better or worse add-ons, could accept a lot, even I wasnt allways pleased of all new contents. Even after years I enjoyed and nice things of this game prevailed for me, so I wasnt ready yet to leave game, allways found new ways to keep fun. But suddenly someone got a very very silly idea to add horns as award, OMG, everyone who is able to think a bit further, could have known what will happenb:angry horn-shouts every single second, spamming my screenb:angry after 10 mins gaming I was ready to log outb:faintTAKE AWAY THOSE HORNS PLEEEEEAAAAAASE blacklist isnt long enough to bl all who use, or at least stop the "big size shout" and reduce it to be shown only in chat and make it able to switch offb:faintb:faint

1 night, people wont get that every 10 minutes, its probably one time, tomorrow all gonna already used their horn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    1 night, people wont get that every 10 minutes, its probably one time, tomorrow all gonna already used their horn.

Lol, no. I am saving mine for future usage.
    edited June 2012
    Options
    It was my idea.b:laugh
    The horn-spam should end once the new supply's been exhausted. I do worry about those who will have to put up with that during TWs however...(not to mention the instability in the East Cost servers)
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    It's possible to manipulate the interface a bit so the horn chat box never shows up. I originally tried that out at the request of a friend but it is now one of my most favorite uh... Interface Glamorfications. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • uncleblademaster
    uncleblademaster Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    lol i actually found it pretty funny, especially since so many people were complaining over world chat, and people using horns were trying harder to troll the hell out of everyone, lol