Perfect Questmaster NPC and horn spam - keep the discussion here!

Options

Comments

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Npc'd all mine too.

What I could never get is why people who say they need the space in their inventory through the horn they're using just can't go to the closet npc and sell it.

It's simple. They're lying. They wanted to use the horn. Just aren't brave enough to admit. I'm sure there are some that are legitimately just spacing out and not thinking of it. But I'm betting that most just wanted to use it. There are just too many of em claiming that for me to believe all or even most of them can't figure out to NPC the item.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Katay - Archosaur
    Katay - Archosaur Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Its is funny how not even 1 GM posted about this issue... Anywho, i still remember when Horn were available trhough cash shop, that was nightmare, i say "let this settle down" ... Noobs will tired themselves ... so keep calm ppl.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I cant understand this decision from PWE. They know quite well how playerbase hates horns and flooding servers with a lot of em generated, the frack is wrong with em? Oh the joy of sorting trough logs to see if anybody has pmd me during my long afk. With horns, there is just so much scrolling to do and with a really long timeframe logs, the scrolling tends to lag a bit. With horns, it`s been a hell, every single afk period.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Has the horn spam stop'd?
  • MansVisa - Raging Tide
    MansVisa - Raging Tide Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Has the horn spam stop'd?

Have you become an OP Wizzie that can one shot people yet?b:cute
  • BuBysaur - Heavens Tear
    BuBysaur - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    for once i felt special doin quests on all toons
    trolled 2 horns and im saving third for trolling special occasion b:dirty
    proud goon glitcher
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Have you become an OP Wizzie that can one shot people yet?b:cute

I got my ring working on shoes and pants atm, just need DoT's and citrine shards.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Hide Horn chatbox behind skillbar + ? ? ? + Profit!

and eww citrines.... get garnets >_>
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • MansVisa - Raging Tide
    MansVisa - Raging Tide Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I got my ring working on shoes and pants atm, just need DoT's and citrine shards.

So, the answer is nob:cute

At least most people have used up there horns
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Barely read this thread, but am I the only one that isn't annoyed by horns...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    H0rns have been sl0wing d0wn 0n HT lately. S0 I am n0t really b0thered by them anym0re.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Yeah, sorry about the Horns guys. As the vets may remember, there was a time when Perfect Horns were in the cash shop, and it caused a near apocalypse. Due to the negative feedback, we went ahead and removed them from the shop, and they never made it back in.

However, the Horn has made a couple appearances in other parts of the game though -- first, at one level of the Supply Stash, and now as part of the reward for the newly-added Perfect Quest. Bear in mind, though, that this quest can only be completed once per character, and the Perfect Horn is the prize for only the highest tier of the quest, so Horn usage will at no point be anywhere near as prevalent as it once was.

Surprisingly, the Perfect Horn remains a popular item in the Chinese version of PW, which is why we see it pop up again on our version from time to time.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Yeah, sorry about the Horns guys. As the vets may remember, there was a time when Perfect Horns were in the cash shop, and it caused a near apocalypse. Due to the negative feedback, we went ahead and removed them from the shop, and they never made it back in.

However, the Horn has made a couple appearances in other parts of the game though -- first, at one level of the Supply Stash, and now as part of the reward for the newly-added Perfect Quest. Bear in mind, though, that this quest can only be completed once per character, and the Perfect Horn is the prize for only the highest tier of the quest, so Horn usage will at no point be anywhere near as prevalent as it once was.

Surprisingly, the Perfect Horn remains a popular item in the Chinese version of PW, which is why we see it pop up again on our version from time to time.

I get it, and I like being rewarded for actually playing the game. However, my level 30 characters are getting the horn for completing 200 quests. Even my buff alts, lol. It's not much of an achievement as it is a free handout.

PWI has made a few bonehead moves in the past few years. Horn's drove me nuts the first time and in one of PWI's smarter moves that showed they actually listen to their player base they removed horns from the boutique, despite horns being a hot selling in the cash shop. That actually did earn some respect from me, but here they are again, reintroduced, still with no option to block them. Perhaps next time PWI introduces these abominations, they should also introduce an option upgrade to block horns so people aren't ostracized from the game.

Then the rest of my complaints is about how there is rarely a prize worth having in your events. The exp is nice enough but most my characters are high enough the difference was .1%. All fashion is npc'd as long as timed wings so they don't take up space. At least the martial arts scrolls are account stashable and I'll find uses for those. As for non account stashable hypers each character has about 30 from events that I'm just not using up as rapidly as I'm getting tossed them on my higher levels since 100+ character rarely seek out grinding opportunities as much as coin making opportunities. Always hope to find something more usable to the practical players in the game than fashion or hypers to make FCC babies.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • bearyflair
    bearyflair Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

I don't mind about the majority of them, but the annoying block spam horns and the kiddies who spam "fap" are quite irritating. The problem isn't the horns, but the use that some stupid ppl make. Though it's quite funny to see ppl raging about a simple horn.. b:shutupb:chuckle
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

Nope, I admit watching the horn spam, then the endless infuriated wc's of people who hated them, followed by even more horn spam in response, followed by the people in wc going insane... was actually rather entertaining while I was stuck with the dull task of herb farming.

However, I doubt it's keeping people in the game, or encouraging any new players. I have no idea at all why horn chat has to be completely un-mutable, other than to allow spam or trolling.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

ROFLMAO!!!!!(b:pleased)b:laugh

NO Wonder! I Got SOoooo MANY Of THEM!! From MY List of {13 ChArAcTeRs!! !}b:chuckle

Oh Well, atleast it shows that I've Never! Glitched!! {ANY} Of My Character's!!! (Through the Levels.).........b:victory

Now what too do, with all those 'FREE Horns???' HMMMMmmmmm????????b:puzzled

If only they were Stashable too '1~Character'..... I Could Sing! A Song!! With All of them!!!!!!

(^o^)'!!! ! LOLOLZZzzzzzzzz
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    phoenixwar wrote: »
    like 300,400,500, 1000 quests.

as a form of honor for the real hardcore questers b:pleased

I lol'd when the quest master came out and saw the limit was 1,000 quests.

because i already did 1,000 unique quests.

b:mischievous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
    edited June 2012
    Options
    seitori wrote: »
    ROFLMAO!!!!!(b:pleased)b:laugh

NO Wonder! I Got SOoooo MANY Of THEM!! From MY List of {13 ChArAcTeRs!! !}b:chuckle

Oh Well, atleast it shows that I've Never! Glitched!! {ANY} Of My Character's!!! (Through the Levels.).........b:victory

Now what too do, with all those 'FREE Horns???' HMMMMmmmmm????????b:puzzled

If only they were Stashable too '1~Character'..... I Could Sing! A Song!! With All of them!!!!!!

(^o^)'!!! ! LOLOLZZzzzzzzzz

is it odd that im more ammused by the font and pretty colors than what you said?

*q*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    Options
    H0rns have been sl0wing d0wn 0n HT lately. S0 I am n0t really b0thered by them anym0re.

I heard that the RT sever had crashed from Horn spam. But it wasn't brought up by anyone except this one person who mentioned it to me... So maybe the server did not crash, it just disconnected a massive quantity of players.... LOL reminds me of when that would happen every now and again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

Horns are even more absurd than the system messages... Why does the horn have to have their own chat box?
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Whenever I use a horn to get it out of inventory I just type a period and nothing else. Each time someone PMs me with "ty, ty". These horns need to be blockable.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    is it odd that im more ammused by the font and pretty colors than what you said?

*q*

b:chuckle___Don't worry, even if they were Stashable; it'd take me {4EvEr!} to figure out a good song for them...........b:pleased

Other then that though, you have my word "I won't go and Waste them for Plain Old Boring EvErYdAy SPAM" so EvErYoNeS safe........b:thanks

b:dirty___?!!?4 NOW?!!?___b:sin
  • taratulip
    taratulip Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    What's with the horns? They're
    ruinng my gaming experience. I shut world chat off on purpose.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    nah they're funny
  • Mordenita - Dreamweaver
    Mordenita - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I heard that the RT sever had crashed from Horn spam. But it wasn't brought up by anyone except this one person who mentioned it to me... So maybe the server did not crash, it just disconnected a massive quantity of players.... LOL reminds me of when that would happen every now and again

TBH I don't think it's safe to blame the horn spam yet... There's been random server crashes before without horn spam, but there were server crashes. I know it wasn't my net because I was still connected to vent and everyone on vent had all said they dc'd and I talk on 2 different vents checked em both everyone on pwi had DC'd. So RT wasn't the only one that crashed.
    Don't like me? That's fine everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But Don't disrespect me I wont Disrespect you.b:mischievous
  • Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear
    Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    At the risk of sounding mean, pissy, whatever...

Shelly just stuck together a huge long thread that's just a few paces down on this page of the forum. It's about this same topic.

Don't even have to use the search function. I can appreciate lazy, but not this much lazy. b:surrender
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    There's nothing you can really do about that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Mordenita - Dreamweaver
    Mordenita - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Horns are slowing but I got quite a chuckle out of one today. Someone said in blue font "has left the faction" b:laugh I did a double and notice it said Horn next to the nameb:chuckle
    Don't like me? That's fine everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But Don't disrespect me I wont Disrespect you.b:mischievous
  • Yusiong - Lost City
    Yusiong - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I have about 10 in storage I am saving for about 2-3 months from now when they have calmed down so I can spam use them b:chuckle
    Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

~A naked BM is a happy BM~
  • V_m_ - Harshlands
    V_m_ - Harshlands Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    nah they're funny

i agree. we have some very comical peeps on HL server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"perfect world isnt perfect, but its better than this so called "reality""