GM when will you fix BARBs agro skills

Options
1235»

Comments

• KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    barbs Have Never Been Able To Hold Aggro Against Any Of The High Dps/dph Classes Even Before Tb Expansion. Everyone Had To Hold Back Or Tank/die Back Then. Nothing Has Changed Since And It Never Will.

Qft .
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Just let barbs freely equip claws/fists in Tiger form and have full use of skills, then we'll have some mad scratching kitties.

i sooo want to see that D:
    you only purge once #yopo
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    This. Plain and simple. Tanks are meant to be tank.

+1 b:pleased
    edited May 2012
    Options
    This. Plain and simple. Tanks are meant to be tank.

well, now you only have to show that barbs are meant to be tanks :3

i say, we should increase thread generated by stream strike; tanks are meant to be tank o:
  • Hellzbells - Harshlands
    Hellzbells - Harshlands Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    well, now you only have to show that barbs are meant to be tanks :3

i say, we should increase thread generated by stream strike; tanks are meant to be tank o:

and decrease the aggro ability of iunnno daggers
    edited May 2012
    Options
    and decrease the aggro ability of iunnno daggers

at first i was like "wtf is an iunnno"
    but then i saw what you did there

btw, i doubt that even if barbs could hold aggro they would regain their tank status in bosses that can be tanked otherwise...
    edited May 2012
    Options
    at first i was like "wtf is an iunnno"
    but then i saw what you did there

btw, i doubt that even if barbs could hold aggro they would regain their tank status in bosses that can be tanked otherwise...

the second one looks high x.x
    edited May 2012
    Options
    the second one looks high x.x

the third one is even higher b:avoid
    edited May 2012
    Options
    the third one is even higher b:avoid

b:laugh
    morphine>all ijs
  • XLawBreakerX - Sanctuary
    XLawBreakerX - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    It's true that the biggest problem is to make the bosses harder to need a "tank" and "healer" without having r9 become the bare minimum for a barb. There are solutions for that. There is something called soulforce that can easily be used to make bosses be proportionally hard to someone's gear quality. Or maybe a super simple idea that just popped in my mind : put -20 warding lvls on all G12+ LA and AA parts (those go negative like defence lvls I think, could be wrong though).

There are plenty of possible solutions to disable LA and AA characters from tanking without disadvantaging those who aren't rich. It will just take a little more thinking then just put a multiplier on something like they did with their lame "aps nerf".

On the multiple tanking classes point : Personally I consider everyone wearing HA as potential tank or spare tank. For me, bms have always been a tanking class if the player chooses too. Now there are more "tankers" then the old days with the seeker class and easier acces to pets with defence buffs. However, I think a barbarian should be the best tank, meaning that with a bm, seeker and barb in squad, ppl would prefer the barb to tank even if the other 2 also could.

I didnt read all the posts or put too much brains into all of it, but if you think the warding levels would work then why not put it in suggestions threads?

No one would do anything but worth a try i guess?

If somehow they do look into ur suggestions and add a few tweaks and make barbs worthwhile again would be great..
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Barbs have never been able to hold aggro against any of the high dps/dph classes even before TB expansion. Everyone had to hold back or tank/die back then. Nothing has changed since and it never will.

Nice to see a voice of sensibility! Here's a thread from 2009!: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=539601 -it shows that the devs intentionally put in place aggro for wizards in DB. The game isn't broke just because some people say so.

This game is not so shallow as one tank fits all. Tired of seeing people say things like 'r game is broke' because they can't figure out how to make their class useful if they can't just spam a couple aggro skills.

I love playing barb. It's a much more robust and complex class than the complainers are making it out to be. I'm seeing more barbs around lately too, and I'm guessing like me; others have raised them for buffs and ended up enjoying what they THOUGHT was a simple Flesh Ream spammer.

I also don't see venos complaining that their pets no longer hold aggro.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.