Options
    i was 300str and 300 dex and in bank i still have a 99 bow to prove it

b:laughb:laughb:laughb:laugh deexiieee barbieeeee
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    was loool but was fun pew pew with a 99 bowb:laugh

but anyways i am str and i love it but ppl keep telling me it wont be enought to keep agro from 5aps sin wish is why i think its about time barb agro got un update b:shocked
  • SteamyFish - Lost City
    SteamyFish - Lost City Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    was loool but was fun pew pew with a 99 bowb:laugh

but anyways i am str and i love it but ppl keep telling me it wont be enought to keep agro from 5aps sin wish is why i think its about time barb agro got un update b:shocked

thats why u drop squad n pk the sin :)

problem solved u have agro :D
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    i know its the mentallity of today but what do we tell new barb who stat vit yes your a tank to 99+ and then ur useless.

come on we can do better and even if they only help squeshy sin giving barb agro give barb its edentity back is all i ask.

I tell new barbs simply what I consider the current state of things, in 3 points :
    - Vit barb is pretty much obsolete unless you either plan on doing delta all day or plan on going full r9 +10 with jades/vit stones for tw then rely on you rareness factor for that specific "event" to get the other things done.
    - You can always consider going a fist/claw build. I always point this as a way to become more usefull after buffs when you don't need to tank/pull, because thinking claws will get a barb aggro over sins/bms with similar gear and braincells is just not true.
    - There are always ways to enjoy the game if you're not wanted or OP. Even 5 aps taken out, aggro skills are designed for when TT99 +5 with immacs was amazing. It's just not gonna hold aggro from r8 +7~8, let alone r9 +10~12. It won't even keep aggro off an "average" geared wizard these days. As long as you can accept that, you can have fun as a vit barb with just normal gear.

Funny part is, I was kinda dissapointed by my barb being so obsolete. Then I decided to restat for a fist build. I f*cking hated it so statted back with some gear improvements. Now I actually enjoy my barb more again then before the aps episode. And also, (dualling) a sin + vit barb is a real killer combo to do just about anything efficiently.
    ps or make every boss much more stronger making or forcing ppl to have tank tanking again tho i still would prefer soem new update on skill ream is so useless as its NOW

I'm against just making bosses stronger. What about that occasional player barb with tt90 ? This would only be a way to push ppl to r9. I think they have the tool to make a real fix in soulforce : the character is OP, so the boss will be OP. My sin shouldn't even be able to end up in fcc, he should directly portal in the old version of the instance.

Without bosses that need a barb (or at least HA tank'ish class), there is no use in fixing any aggro skills. It's not because a barb will be able to hold aggro in nirvana/bh that they will get invited. It's only when the highest DD cannot tank, that they will invite you.
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    thats why u drop squad n pk the sin :)

problem solved u have agro :D

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I tell new barbs simply what I consider the current state of things, in 3 points :
    - Vit barb is pretty much obsolete unless you either plan on doing delta all day or plan on going full r9 +10 with jades/vit stones for tw then rely on you rareness factor for that specific "event" to get the other things done.
    - You can always consider going a fist/claw build. I always point this as a way to become more usefull after buffs when you don't need to tank/pull, because thinking claws will get a barb aggro over sins/bms with similar gear and braincells is just not true.
    - There are always ways to enjoy the game if you're not wanted or OP. Even 5 aps taken out, aggro skills are designed for when TT99 +5 with immacs was amazing. It's just not gonna hold aggro from r8 +7~8, let alone r9 +10~12. It won't even keep aggro off an "average" geared wizard these days. As long as you can accept that, you can have fun as a vit barb with just normal gear.

Funny part is, I was kinda dissapointed by my barb being so obsolete. Then I decided to restat for a fist build. I f*cking hated it so statted back with some gear improvements. Now I actually enjoy my barb more again then before the aps episode. And also, (dualling) a sin + vit barb is a real killer combo to do just about anything efficiently.

I'm against just making bosses stronger. What about that occasional player barb with tt90 ? This would only be a way to push ppl to r9. I think they have the tool to make a real fix in soulforce : the character is OP, so the boss will be OP. My sin shouldn't even be able to end up in fcc, he should directly portal in the old version of the instance.

Without bosses that need a barb (or at least HA tank'ish class), there is no use in fixing any aggro skills. It's not because a barb will be able to hold aggro in nirvana/bh that they will get invited. It's only when the highest DD cannot tank, that they will invite you.

funy your against making bosses harder cos you think of lowlies but dare you lose ur god status with INt i dont think so.

you dont think agro should be 100% on barb agro becouse barb have low damage as you say and sin can tank without any need of barb.

do you know ur fameus ff was nurfed to comendate ur fish status opness

they was 6x harder and a few if i remember corectly did 10.000-17000 damage

look what they or how lil damage they do.

a mmo need hard killing bosses this is not singel play with assasin easy mode

you got ur easy mode with int then i would with same value wish to have more power on my skill from some kinda pack.

not impossible especially cos barb skill dont have a 300% booost + base damage

yo say claw pff str build does way better and one can keep there own weapon of choice

if i wanted claw i play bm

i am looking for answer from our franky as he alredy took the issue with goon glitch

maybe he can look at old classes skill and give them a boost is worth a miljion tries.

dont think just becouse you quit ur barb for OP fish i will do the same
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    Geshwur - Raging Tide Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    You mean to tell me our kitties are being NEGLECTED?
    Current Gears
    pwcalc.com/90f636550cbd5beb
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    Options
    what kitties lol and your not really anybody i care for you left the kittie side and joined the sins good for you now sho go away
  • SteamyFish - Lost City
    SteamyFish - Lost City Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    what kitties lol and your not really anybody i care for you left the kittie side and joined the sins good for you now sho go away

lololololol
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    Options
    i am loooking for improvemnts not this is how the game work or reroll we have enough fishies as it is

and for me it would we easy to get a fish 5aps

but that is not the issue
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    you are looking for improvements/power up of your class

oh well...
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I really dunno about the fixing.

If a barb was able to keep aggro from anything, then it'd just result in three things. Firstly, barbarians would get cocky again and start assuming they get free charms because they're designated tanks. Secondly, the DDs would mostly ignore their armors and ornaments, as they would only have to worry about AoE hits. Thirdly, squads would get even more insistent on having a barb, which would lead to sitting around 1 hour waiting to get a barb.

Barbs are far from useless at endgame. Granted, they don't serve much purpose in Nirvana, but that's not a valid argument. Nirvana isn't even good money: Soloing TM69 gives you more coin/time. Barbs are also one of the most important TW classes, while in comparisons sins are regarded as cannon fodder in TW. Similarly, barbs are the best pullers in the game, which matters plenty for instances like FCC, delta and Warsong. Also, an R9 barb is pretty much the most durable thing in PK.

Personally I'm tired of barbs complaining that they are useless, all while the following, contrary things are occurring:
    a) Barbs are getting free heads because they're good pullers
    b) Tons of WCs for barbs for BH Warsong
    c) Tons of WCs for barbs for Delta
    d) Squads wanting barbs for Abaddon/Seat for the buffs
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    funy your against making bosses harder cos you think of lowlies but dare you lose ur god status with INt i dont think so.

Plz at least try to read what someone write instead of just jumping on conclusions over someones avatar b:bye

What I said is that bosses should be harder for better geared ppl (i.e. higher soulforce). Just making all bosses hit 2x, 3x or even 10x harder will just lead to even more elitist snobism then there already is atm. It will result in the same thing : tanking would become the job of barbs, and in some cases herc/bm/seeker, again. However, this won't turn bh in a "r9 +12 or gtfo", nor will you get to justify why a cleric with 5billion costing gear will be squishier then a barbarian in 5k costing gear.

Maybe if I would post from my barb you would take me more seriously ? Anyway, I'm in god status anyway : I still got my barb at lvl100 and have good gear on him. What do I have to loose?
    you dont think agro should be 100% on barb agro becouse barb have low damage as you say and sin can tank without any need of barb.

Nope I don't agree with you, aggro never was 100% on barb anyway. For me the reason barb isn't the "tank" anymore doesn't reside in the fact that the skills generate to little aggro. Yes, the skills lack aggro effect big time, but that is not the reason sins/bms are tanking. The reason is that THEY CAN and they will do more damage (so speed up) when they do.

To stop this, you simply have to make that they can't tank anymore. That we agree on, but we don't agree on how to do that. Probably just because my avatar triggers a serie of prejudices before reading.

I also like to point out that for me barb never was the only tank. However, I think they should be the best tank. Herc and bm could always tank a large majority of the bosses. But with a barb in squad, the barb should be the one prefered to tank. The nuance might be subtile, but essential imo.
    do you know ur fameus ff was nurfed to comendate ur fish status opness

they was 6x harder and a few if i remember corectly did 10.000-17000 damage

look what they or how lil damage they do.

a mmo need hard killing bosses this is not singel play with assasin easy mode

Yes sins need a big nerf and most ppl know I'm in favor of that dispite being a sin. However, they are not the only class that can solo stuff. There are for me 4 seperate issues that are way to often mold togather :
    - sin and psy have been disigned to strong to get ppl to play the new race.
    - the ability to be sparked permanently, which imo is a decreasing problem since most bosses are to short for this to still matter. It does affect soloing a little in the earlier stages.
    - the -interval system that grows exponantially while having no inverse adjustment on gems/refines, and thus highly favoring higher aps.
    - the gear lvl and pve content are just out of balance, hence why anyone can tank anything. this also results in clerics soloing bh metal (look it up).

The big problem starts when soloing becomes more efficient then being in squad...
    you got ur easy mode with int then i would with same value wish to have more power on my skill from some kinda pack.

I'm actually a 2.86 (or 2.5 in defense mode) aps sin. Again a form of discrimination based on the class I post from ?
    yo say claw pff str build does way better and one can keep there own weapon of choice

if i wanted claw i play bm.

I think that too, I really hated the play of my barb when I tried the fist build. However, if another person does like it, I won't stop him. Why would I judge someone on the weapon choice of his toon ? Clawbarb or axe cleric, I couldn't care less as long as they tell me in forhand if they can't do their traditional role.
    dont think just becouse you quit ur barb for OP fish i will do the same

Did I ever say/suggest you should ? Like said before, I think the most important part of playing a vit build barb is to be aware of the current state of game. Sure, you can want it to improve. I agree with you. But playing a class while constantly being frustrated by how it has been made obsolete won't get you anywhere.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

o.o never heard of it on DW. very low lvl pulls i guess?
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I really dunno about the fixing.

If a barb was able to keep aggro from anything, then it'd just result in three things. Firstly, barbarians would get cocky again and start assuming they get free charms because they're designated tanks. Secondly, the DDs would mostly ignore their armors and ornaments, as they would only have to worry about AoE hits. Thirdly, squads would get even more insistent on having a barb, which would lead to sitting around 1 hour waiting to get a barb.

You *really* need to stick with the 'sin forums - something you actually know about. Whining about barbs doesn't suit you. I don't know which barb treated you badly as a tot, but we're not all mean to you. At least, not at first.
    Barbs are far from useless at endgame. Granted, they don't serve much purpose in Nirvana, but that's not a valid argument.

Especially since it isn't true, assuming you buy into the premise that Nirvana isn't the sole property of sins soloing the instance. Barbs debuff is as good/better that the cleric phys debuff, and frees up the cleric to DD.

Oh, right - with BP who needs a cleric...
    Nirvana isn't even good money: Soloing TM69 gives you more coin/time. Barbs are also one of the most important TW classes, while in comparisons sins are regarded as cannon fodder in TW.

"One of the most important?" In comparable gear, a barb will *always* stay alive longer in TW than any other class (assuming you haven't gone ClawBarian and then think you can pull cata standing up). If you're serious about TW, you *always* have barbs pulling cata. You want to play around, or have a metric crapload of money to waste, then you pull with your BM/archer/cleric/whatever. Sins aren't cannon fodder in TW - they just aren't there to *tank*. Sins are there to facestab, run, and comeback to facestab again. I thought you at least knew *this*.
    Similarly, barbs are the best pullers in the game, which matters plenty for instances like FCC, delta and Warsong. Also, an R9 barb is pretty much the most durable thing in PK.

Personally I'm tired of barbs complaining that they are useless, all while the following, contrary things are occurring:
    b) Tons of WCs for barbs for BH Warsong
    c) Tons of WCs for barbs for Delta
    d) Squads wanting barbs for Abaddon/Seat for the buffs

Don't know how bad things are over on Sanc, but I've never seen warsong held up waiting for a barb. I've never seen abba/SoT held up for barbs either. Hell, I can tank half of those bosses *on my sin*. Why are *you* having trouble? My gear's not *that* good!

Beyond the fac that OP is a whiner, while being a condescending &^$& at the same time, barb aggro improvement just helps everyone KILL THE THING FASTER.

What's the problem with that?
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Plz at least try to read what someone write instead of just jumping on conclusions over someones avatar b:bye

What I said is that bosses should be harder for better geared ppl (i.e. higher soulforce). Just making all bosses hit 2x, 3x or even 10x harder will just lead to even more elitist snobism then there already is atm. It will result in the same thing : tanking would become the job of barbs, and in some cases herc/bm/seeker, again. However, this won't turn bh in a "r9 +12 or gtfo", nor will you get to justify why a cleric with 5billion costing gear will be squishier then a barbarian in 5k costing gear.

Maybe if I would post from my barb you would take me more seriously ? Anyway, I'm in god status anyway : I still got my barb at lvl100 and have good gear on him. What do I have to loose?

Nope I don't agree with you, aggro never was 100% on barb anyway. For me the reason barb isn't the "tank" anymore doesn't reside in the fact that the skills generate to little aggro. Yes, the skills lack aggro effect big time, but that is not the reason sins/bms are tanking. The reason is that THEY CAN and they will do more damage (so speed up) when they do.

To stop this, you simply have to make that they can't tank anymore. That we agree on, but we don't agree on how to do that. Probably just because my avatar triggers a serie of prejudices before reading.

I also like to point out that for me barb never was the only tank. However, I think they should be the best tank. Herc and bm could always tank a large majority of the bosses. But with a barb in squad, the barb should be the one prefered to tank. The nuance might be subtile, but essential imo.

Yes sins need a big nerf and most ppl know I'm in favor of that dispite being a sin. However, they are not the only class that can solo stuff. There are for me 4 seperate issues that are way to often mold togather :
    - sin and psy have been disigned to strong to get ppl to play the new race.
    - the ability to be sparked permanently, which imo is a decreasing problem since most bosses are to short for this to still matter. It does affect soloing a little in the earlier stages.
    - the -interval system that grows exponantially while having no inverse adjustment on gems/refines, and thus highly favoring higher aps.
    - the gear lvl and pve content are just out of balance, hence why anyone can tank anything. this also results in clerics soloing bh metal (look it up).

The big problem starts when soloing becomes more efficient then being in squad...

I'm actually a 2.86 (or 2.5 in defense mode) aps sin. Again a form of discrimination based on the class I post from ?

I think that too, I really hated the play of my barb when I tried the fist build. However, if another person does like it, I won't stop him. Why would I judge someone on the weapon choice of his toon ? Clawbarb or axe cleric, I couldn't care less as long as they tell me in forhand if they can't do their traditional role.

Did I ever say/suggest you should ? Like said before, I think the most important part of playing a vit build barb is to be aware of the current state of game. Sure, you can want it to improve. I agree with you. But playing a class while constantly being frustrated by how it has been made obsolete won't get you anywhere.

Don't waste your typing calories on this one.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Options
    You *really* need to stick with the 'sin forums - something you actually know about. Whining about barbs doesn't suit you. I don't know which barb treated you badly as a tot, but we're not all mean to you. At least, not at first.

But there's an on-going pony invasion and that makes me feel awkward since I haven't seen the show.
    Especially since it isn't true, assuming you buy into the premise that Nirvana isn't the sole property of sins soloing the instance. Barbs debuff is as good/better that the cleric phys debuff, and frees up the cleric to DD.

Friend of mine rolled a clawbarb. I think he's awesome. Also I'm pretty much guaranteed to be sushi in Metal without a barb. Being 3.33 +6 means I have aggro unless there's a 5 aps BM with +7 or so on their weapon, which isn't that common.
    Oh, right - with BP who needs a cleric...

To get on that topic, I have three things to say:
    1. I'm a Sage sin for a purpose.
    2. I leveled my cleric shop alt for a purpose
    3. BB makes me QQ as a sage sin
    "One of the most important?" In comparable gear, a barb will *always* stay alive longer in TW than any other class (assuming you haven't gone ClawBarian and then think you can pull cata standing up). If you're serious about TW, you *always* have barbs pulling cata. You want to play around, or have a metric crapload of money to waste, then you pull with your BM/archer/cleric/whatever. Sins aren't cannon fodder in TW - they just aren't there to *tank*. Sins are there to facestab, run, and comeback to facestab again. I thought you at least knew *this*.

Boohoo. I don't get to TW due to various issues, but from what I gather wizards are also complaining about being useless outside of TW.
    Don't know how bad things are over on Sanc, but I've never seen warsong held up waiting for a barb. I've never seen abba/SoT held up for barbs either. Hell, I can tank half of those bosses *on my sin*. Why are *you* having trouble? My gear's not *that* good!

Seen both happen. As for me, I can solo abaddon and seat so the only reason I'd go with squads on those would be to save trouble. As for Metal, I can tank that too but it's not a guaranteed thing, especially if the rest of the squad is below my own gear level. Which is pretty common. Oh and I'm this.
    Beyond the fac that OP is a whiner, while being a condescending &^$& at the same time, barb aggro improvement just helps everyone KILL THE THING FASTER.

What's the problem with that?

It's not a bad idea as a game mechanic. It's a bad idea because the PWI playerbase is ridiculously crappy, which is best showcased with Nirvana squads.

But QQ you're R9, you should have aggro anyway!
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Clearly some people here are too new to know what barbs used to do for instance runs.

To say "not all barbs took 1st pick" is like saying "not all wizards get excluded for instance runs"

You can try to claim how nice you are but in general what you claim would be bull **** as far as most random squads would be concerned.

Hey, at least tanking APS players are not taking first pick or charm money right? Buff on aggro skills actually wouldn't really matter. If you like to take hits that's cool. Making instances impossible so that only barbs can tank would be decidedly ****.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Clearly some people here are too new to know what barbs used to do for instance runs.

Ah... memories. b:chuckle
  • Lhirikoh_WB - Sanctuary
    Lhirikoh_WB - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    gooners been updated as to what will happen to them now could gm plz update as to what to do with barb old agro skill Fleash ream and devour wish was our main agro skill as to aps.

and before anybody start to open there mouth about aps cost this and that my r9 armor cost more then 5aps x3 so before acting like aps costed money think.

fleash ream and the whole barb need update so can gm tell me if anything will be changed.

i dont really agro we should have farming classes but a system that totally neglect the main tank of the game to there own role b:shocked

I don't think I got a word out of the OP. So you got r9 which is pretty nice, so do I and as a vit. barb Im lovin it b:pleased .

You want our aggro skills to get a boost? sadly that may not happen but the soulforce add on would be nice to flesh ream. Note: Stomp of The King aka. Crown of the King is on its way, new barb aggro AoE skill b:pleased .

Many will say its fine to share aggro and I Don't give an F, if the DD gets aggro and insist on tanking you can watch them drop like flies b:laugh .

If you want to whine to someone as of why we can't be a tank anymore, blame the obvious Dev's in China
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    When Real Tanks are Barbs then why the hell they can't tank it with only 2 skills its impossible to keep aggro even from a 5 aps Archer or Bm , Barb need a big skill update and i would like to see more barbs in game playing happily , when descent came out can't they put few good aggro keeping skills for barbs , but they choosed to give Sins to share the stealth damn skill which is rubbish god guys work sometime for the game and players , not for u wallet ."Barb we need you , and Game is nothing without you"!b:cuteb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Besides, aggro skills being tweaked to allow you to hold aggro from some permasparking person won't mean much if the permasparker can tank anyways since then the squad will just go for mass DDs to make it faster since that's how players nowadays are.

This is why spark burst needs a nerf or just removed... Taking away the healing ability, the purify / reduced damage taken / attack speed / channeling bonuses while putting a cool down for 5 minutes... Heck, make it 15 minutes (SHARED) or remove it and let's see how people will play without sparking. b:chuckle
    WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Options
    This is why spark burst needs a nerf or just removed... Taking away the healing ability, the purify / reduced damage taken / attack speed / channeling bonuses while putting a cool down for 5 minutes... Heck, make it 15 minutes (SHARED) or remove it and let's see how people will play without sparking. b:chuckle

Wouldn't change much. Even without sparking, sins have much more DPS than any other class. At best it would just make them more vulnerable, which would just suck more for the squad since the sins/BMs/Archers would need more healing.
  • Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Wouldn't change much. Even without sparking, sins have much more DPS than any other class. At best it would just make them more vulnerable, which would just suck more for the squad since the sins/BMs/Archers would need more healing.

How would you know that it would not change much if you're not doing 500% of weapon damage permanently anymore? Of course they would need more healing but it definitely **** up your weapon which makes it a lot easier to get 0 durability b:laugh
    WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
  • Aquyla - Heavens Tear
    Aquyla - Heavens Tear Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    two things to suggest:
    first is: remove charms, spamming of crabmeat and heal/puri from spark. crabmeat cd on 30sec. that way the healer is needed.
    second thing is: bosses with higher attack, higher defense, berserk mode that can 2-3 hit anyone with small hp. if you wanna be OP do it the right way. kill boss in 2sec before it kills you. otherwise a tank with high hp pool is needed.
    sure aps and r9 people will still be able to kill some bosses but not tank their own fbs and bhs solo. sure you can deny it all you want but that only shows you don't know the meaning behind mmo games. but ofc i must say also: we can all cry but we all now they won't fix anything.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Options
    How would you know that it would not change much if you're not doing 500% of weapon damage permanently anymore? Of course they would need more healing but it definitely **** up your weapon which makes it a lot easier to get 0 durability b:laugh

How about because I used to play an archer and barbs had trouble keeping aggro from my normal attacks? And currently my sin has about 5 times the DPS that my archer had at the time.
  • Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Options
    How about because I used to play an archer and barbs had trouble keeping aggro from my normal attacks? And currently my sin has about 5 times the DPS that my archer had at the time.

I find it a tad weird because I never really had trouble keeping aggro from archers from my barb. Yet when I was playing archer back then, I always steal aggro with my chained jail b:laugh IDK what the barbs were doing but I never had aggro stolen from me when I tanked as a barb. I just had trouble keeping aggro from the toons that keeps on sparking.
  • truekossy
    edited May 2012
    Options
    two things to suggest:
    first is: remove charms, spamming of crabmeat and heal/puri from spark. crabmeat cd on 30sec. that way the healer is needed.
    second thing is: bosses with higher attack, higher defense, berserk mode that can 2-3 hit anyone with small hp. if you wanna be OP do it the right way. kill boss in 2sec before it kills you. otherwise a tank with high hp pool is needed.
    sure aps and r9 people will still be able to kill some bosses but not tank their own fbs and bhs solo. sure you can deny it all you want but that only shows you don't know the meaning behind mmo games. but ofc i must say also: we can all cry but we all now they won't fix anything.

All that does is harm those with lesser gear while giving the people with great gear a free pass. Making it impossible for a smart +10 archer to tank, for example, would also mean a smart +7 or so barb would also be unable to tank (just an example as I don't feel like getting precise on PWCalc atm). And reducing the ability for people to heal themselves again just makes it harder on everyone.

What you really want is to either downgrade gear+tweak skills to compensate.... or create an instance with the kind of high-end gear we have now in mind so that even with the OP gear you'll need an even more OP tank to handle it. As long as the rewards from that are useful without breaking the game more or being made available in packs, this would give those who want to be the tanks again without letting the DDs tank a way to do so.

@Cody I know how ya feel. I swear no matter which class I'm on (assuming I'm not healing) I somehow managed to always get aggro through the levels from pretty much everything and had to hold back all the time.... yet if I were a designated tank I'd never have any problems actually keeping the aggro.
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    Geshwur - Raging Tide Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

You sir, are either trolling or stupid.

Let's go back to every instance taking an hour or more to run =D
    3 hour Nirvy... Sounds legit.
    Not to mention, this would drive prices up to 3x-4x current just to keep up with repairs and lack of materials due to long runs...

Free to play/Pay to win isn't true as it is, though it does take months of farming to get anything of value without cashing.

Removing spark would certainly change that.

Farming would get to the point of impossibility for high level gears due to the lack of materials caused by long runs --> Less runs ---> Less mats.

Problem economy?

This would cause the free-to-play population to more than likely leave, which would make the community shrink by a fairly large amount, which would cause cashers to leave because the game would become under-populated and boring.

Cashers leaving = Less money for PWI

So, simply put, not going to happen, for a very VERY good reason.
    Current Gears
    pwcalc.com/90f636550cbd5beb
  • truekossy
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Lots of ponies but your last link got censored. b:laugh