GM when will you fix BARBs agro skills

Options

Comments

• Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    3 hour Nirvy... Sounds legit.

Not to mention, this would drive prices up to 3x-4x current just to keep up with repairs and lack of materials due to long runs...

I stopped reading there and about a 4 minute nirvana with perma spark would take you 3 hours without perma spark... What kind of fail squad runs are you running or are you soloing Nirvy? I already seen clawrchers QQ about repairs and sins right now. Also prices going up 3x-4x is legit, really. I'd love to sell all my stuff for higher because I have them! :D

You should look at yourself, you sound like you're trolling or stupid :P.
    WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I stopped reading there and about a 4 minute nirvana with perma spark would take you 3 hours without perma spark... What kind of fail squad runs are you running or are you soloing Nirvy? I already seen clawrchers QQ about repairs and sins right now. Also prices going up 3x-4x is legit, really. I'd love to sell all my stuff for higher because I have them! :D

Contrary to you're close minded full r9 +12 self, there are plenty of people in TT90 trying to farm their gear too..... they would become the 3 hour instances.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    Geshwur - Raging Tide Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

Yup, I'm stupid.

Let's break this down.

Current standards for a 3-4 minute run would not exist anymore.

Standard 5APS +10 squads would take 4x as long, which, for a standard squad starts at closer to 7-9 minutes, so removing spark would put it at 21-27, the problem with this is sin wouldn't be able to tank on BP alone, so a cleric would be needed, that puts it at around 25-32, that's OPTIMISTIC time. now immagine for a second that sins couldn't tank Nirvana even WITH a cleric at this point, after all, a sin's primary life support is BP, and without spark they get next to nothing, that means sins would have to chill and let the BM tank. that would undoubtably put it to 40-60 minutes/run or longer. factor in the time it would take to do last boss, losing one DD, it'll take longer than that even.

So sure, the 2-3 hours was an exaggeration, but an hour would still be long enough to discourage free to play people from farming Nirvy, let alone TT or anything else.
    Current Gears
    pwcalc.com/90f636550cbd5beb
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    Geshwur - Raging Tide Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Contrary to you're close minded full r9 +12 self, there are plenty of people in TT90 trying to farm their gear too..... they would become the 3 hour instances.

TT90-99 squads already take close to an hour and a half... If I'm not mistaken Nirvana resets after 4, the chances are high that it would reset before they could finish...
    Current Gears
    pwcalc.com/90f636550cbd5beb
  • Lhirikoh_WB - Sanctuary
    Lhirikoh_WB - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    two things to suggest:
    first is: remove charms, spamming of crabmeat and heal/puri from spark. crabmeat cd on 30sec. that way the healer is needed.
    second thing is: bosses with higher attack, higher defense, berserk mode that can 2-3 hit anyone with small hp. if you wanna be OP do it the right way. kill boss in 2sec before it kills you. otherwise a tank with high hp pool is needed.
    sure aps and r9 people will still be able to kill some bosses but not tank their own fbs and bhs solo. sure you can deny it all you want but that only shows you don't know the meaning behind mmo games. but ofc i must say also: we can all cry but we all now they won't fix anything.
    hmm I might have a better suggestion, why don't they make a PWI sequel? It won't happen I know, but its possible, it would be fresh with new quest, a story line, the removal of the so called things that ruined gameplay for many. (Example as nerfing and improving all classes, even barbs would get a boost). Suppose my suggestion revolves around why not just make a new PW, One where everyone can be happy, Even us barbs b:pleased . If you think about it a Sequel would have lots of changes over its predecessor. Apologies if not on topic.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Don't waste your typing calories on this one.

If you don't break things down, you'll just be looking at a problem and not at it's cause (unless you're particularly brilliant, which isn't the case of 99.99% of the ppl around). Thinking that increasing aggro effect of fleshream, or even making it an assured aggro, would change anything just makes me facepalm.

For my personal situation, it all doesn't matter : I run instances mainly with friends and as long as we have what it takes to complete it decently, we don't care about specific classes or gear lvls. I do random wc squads from time to time, but they are just annoying really. Last seat bh with a vit barb in squad, they still took mobs 1 by 1. That is the state of most now : all what ppl care about is how to kill 1 target as fast as possible. I believe all the aps/dps **** is a large part of the bms 1 by 1 poking divine quests, and barbs equiping claws each mob instead of just gathering a few. Might seem off-topic, but for me it's related.
  • NirvShopz - Harshlands
    NirvShopz - Harshlands Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    as many other classes barbs need to think a little...

sure aps rule and bla bla bla.....but if u think about it a 5aps is an unusual build, yes they farm fast but in the end they are limited to crappy gear (pvp/tw regarding)....moreover when im doing gv or lunar i dont care about their aps...even ignore it
    (in this im reffering to the 90% bm's and fishies that consider +12 on weapon and +5 on int armor as end game...being too greedy to buy extra gear that doesnt have int)

u can say all u want but a spam flash stealing agro from time to time may very well save a fishie or a squishi (in my opinion stupid) la bm from taking the hard hits.

at this point tt is dropping like crazy in prices, nirvana is getting spammed by casters so canny/rap prices have dropped insanely, full ws is not a farmable instance (since they give the belts like cookies in packs), lunar is rarely farmed...

so my advice: get some friends and have fun. lunar/gv/eu are good choices for barbs...and if u really like nirvana start making the squad don't sit like a daisy and expect to be invited. thrust me if the aps is good, they'dd rather be with a devour spammer then a 6th aps (although at this point 6 man nirvana is overrated :D...but even in a 4 man 1 can be barb if u move those neurons)

in the end its all about fun...and if u so desperatly want farming 24/24 make a sin and put some more into the the 60/1 class ratio...and then start qqing about not getting into gv or lunar so u can have material for a new thread.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    as many other classes barbs need to think a little...

sure aps rule and bla bla bla.....but if u think about it a 5aps is an unusual build, yes they farm fast but in the end they are limited to crappy gear (pvp/tw regarding)....moreover when im doing gv or lunar i dont care about their aps...even ignore it
    (in this im reffering to the 90% bm's and fishies that consider +12 on weapon and +5 on int armor as end game...being too greedy to buy extra gear that doesnt have int)

u can say all u want but a spam flash stealing agro from time to time may very well save a fishie or a squishi (in my opinion stupid) la bm from taking the hard hits.

at this point tt is dropping like crazy in prices, nirvana is getting spammed by casters so canny/rap prices have dropped insanely, full ws is not a farmable instance (since they give the belts like cookies in packs), lunar is rarely farmed...

so my advice: get some friends and have fun. lunar/gv/eu are good choices for barbs...and if u really like nirvana start making the squad don't sit like a daisy and expect to be invited. thrust me if the aps is good, they'dd rather be with a devour spammer then a 6th aps (although at this point 6 man nirvana is overrated :D...but even in a 4 man 1 can be barb if u move those neurons)

in the end its all about fun...and if u so desperatly want farming 24/24 make a sin and put some more into the the 60/1 class ratio...and then start qqing about not getting into gv or lunar so u can have material for a new thread.

but can ppl make as MUCH coin from gv as from NV

what other place can make as much coin as nv as a str barb hmmm

GM plz give me a place i can farm better or as good as nv b:chuckle where barb can get rich from
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    Options
    b:bye wow so many fishies attacking my thread is this cos you would lose your fish status.

just looked at barb full skill set and i did not count them but they are less then 30

barb need un update we are so 2008
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Options
    b:bye wow so many fishies attacking my thread is this cos you would lose your fish status.

Interesting observation :
    The proportion of sins finding the class to OP is bigger then the proportion of overall players with the same opinion.

However, of the fish that posted in that way, you manage to misread just because you hate the fishrace so much. I want the game to need a tank, not just give barbs the possibility to hold aggro again. If you're really such an old time player, you must know how archers have always been able to grab aggro when they wanted (at least on non-lvl? bosses). The reason they didn't was because they would die.

Make the LA and AA geared characters get 1~2 shot by bosses (without scr*wing over those who can't afford +10 r9 gear) and your aggro problems will be solved b:bye

Some options to do that : have bosses deal 3x damage on LA and AA, turn bp in a blood defect like buff (15% chance to heal 10% of max hp or something like that), give spark a 30sec or 1min cd for everyone, have bosses hit proportionally harder if the targets soulforce goes up, ...
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Interesting observation :
    The proportion of sins finding the class to OP is bigger then the proportion of overall players with the same opinion.

However, of the fish that posted in that way, you manage to misread just because you hate the fishrace so much. I want the game to need a tank, not just give barbs the possibility to hold aggro again. If you're really such an old time player, you must know how archers have always been able to grab aggro when they wanted (at least on non-lvl? bosses). The reason they didn't was because they would die.

Make the LA and AA geared characters get 1~2 shot by bosses (without scr*wing over those who can't afford +10 r9 gear) and your aggro problems will be solved b:bye

Some options to do that : have bosses deal 3x damage on LA and AA, turn bp in a blood defect like buff (15% chance to heal 10% of max hp or something like that), give spark a 30sec or 1min cd for everyone, have bosses hit proportionally harder if the targets soulforce goes up, ...

have you not figured the game been done easy mode to let the LA classes tank
    like the fameus ff

TT been made more mmo balanced and need to be Op a bit more maybe on the hits not in the hp issue

and if agro was boosted 500% more agro from ream it would let barb agro lol

stop with saying the barb will ask for charm cos non is forcing you and like wise instead now ppl want aps instead of when barb tanked and was asking for charm so it not much better now then before.

if you dont want barb to be tank make them more dd and give us more dd power and rewrite the class description cos it does state tank.

so as it does state tank make them tank again
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    The barbs in Sanc seem to have no problem tanking all sorts of things, from what I see in most of my random squads. Perhaps you're just doing it wrong? b:chuckle

Also you're really hard to understand. <_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    Options
    The barbs in Sanc seem to have no problem tanking all sorts of things, from what I see in most of my random squads. Perhaps you're just doing it wrong? b:chuckle

Also you're really hard to understand. <_<

yes i bet its cos no one is sparking apsing ofc they could i have good agro i am not vit barb
    neither am i dex i am str barb but that dosent meant barb could use a big update
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Options
    have you not figured the game been done easy mode to let the LA classes tank
    like the fameus ff

TT been made more mmo balanced and need to be Op a bit more maybe on the hits not in the hp issue

and if agro was boosted 500% more agro from ream it would let barb agro lol

Imo, the game is put on easy mode to have ppl lvl faster and spend more. They never rebalanced pve content to the inevitable gear improvement. Instead, they just artificially boosted gear improvement with packs.

Just a question, assuming they do your 500% aggro boost :
    Someone asks me to come on TT, and I got a barb and a sin that can both tank from 1-1 to 3-3. The only exceptions are that the sin can do it without healer and will do 5x the damage. What class do you think they ask me to come with ?
    stop with saying the barb will ask for charm cos non is forcing you and like wise instead now ppl want aps instead of when barb tanked and was asking for charm so it not much better now then before.

b:question Quote to wrong person ? I never said that. Imo, the barbs/clerics that asked for money/mirages/1st pick are the same ppl that now ask for 5.0 aps squads. I dispise that attitude, no matter what class we're talking about.
    if you dont want barb to be tank make them more dd and give us more dd power and rewrite the class description cos it does state tank.

so as it does state tank make them tank again

Isn't that exactly what I want and what I'm saying all the time ? I just don't agree on your solution. A barb being able to hold aggro won't bring the tank role back. Having bosses squish LA and AA players like in the old days, will create a need for a tank in a squad (at least, I think it will).

But this isn't easy to accomplish when r9 archers/wizzies/mystics run around with more survivability (hp, defences, defence lvls) then a (imo already decent enough) barb with mold 90s gear.
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    let it be known that barbs suck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    Options
    fine but then make skill worth it lol with bp if my skill did get a rebalance i would get hp back using my skill contrary to using normal skill 5aps.

make skill 5x stronger enough to do decent damage to the 5aps so ppl can make more varirity.

dont come here and say about wiz archer they are dds i am talking about barb

do you see any skill aside from arma with a 300% boost spamming said skill

but not a 300% make it liek 400% as a str barb spammin said skill would take back agro i know it.

anyways no gm or mod is saying anything becouse they know barb need update
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Solution: 5.0 class restricted axes with +50 atk levels.
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Imo, the game is put on easy mode to have ppl lvl faster and spend more. They never rebalanced pve content to the inevitable gear improvement. Instead, they just artificially boosted gear improvement with packs.

Just a question, assuming they do your 500% aggro boost :
    Someone asks me to come on TT, and I got a barb and a sin that can both tank from 1-1 to 3-3. The only exceptions are that the sin can do it without healer and will do 5x the damage. What class do you think they ask me to come with ?

b:question Quote to wrong person ? I never said that. Imo, the barbs/clerics that asked for money/mirages/1st pick are the same ppl that now ask for 5.0 aps squads. I dispise that attitude, no matter what class we're talking about.

Isn't that exactly what I want and what I'm saying all the time ? I just don't agree on your solution. A barb being able to hold aggro won't bring the tank role back. Having bosses squish LA and AA players like in the old days, will create a need for a tank in a squad (at least, I think it will).

But this isn't easy to accomplish when r9 archers/wizzies/mystics run around with more survivability (hp, defences, defence lvls) then a (imo already decent enough) barb with mold 90s gear.

What you're saying makes perfect sense but it is wasted on ghoul, as he doesn't have the ability to understand anything other people say. He doesn't even notice when people agree with him.
  • XLawBreakerX - Sanctuary
    XLawBreakerX - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Having a barb as main I know what u mean but part of life just gotta accept certain things, if they do make changes it would be good if not then live with it ...
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    Options
    b:laugh then make bosses much harder making them 1 or 2 shoot sqieshy dd

make a need for tradional barbs

A) make agro stronger - but dd alredy tank much better and faster.

B)make bosses hit harder make a need for barb- but then the free player base will run from the 3 hour runs.

c)sell some stronger book from cash shop wish are boost to skill each give 100% more boost to any skill sell a total of 5 such books to conteract aps b:laugh me buy those booksb:victory.

all win win
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    b:laugh then make bosses much harder making them 1 or 2 shoot sqieshy dd

make a need for tradional barbs

A) make agro stronger - but dd alredy tank much better and faster.

B)make bosses hit harder make a need for barb- but then the free player base will run from the 3 hour runs.

c)sell some stronger book from cash shop wish are boost to skill each give 100% more boost to any skill sell a total of 5 such books to conteract aps b:laugh me buy those booksb:victory.

all win win

What?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    Options
    A and B i explained the two solution wish ppl have countered them.

c would we making skill stronger via a boost from cash shop much like int based gear

so the devs make money and we player who liek to spamm our skill can catch up with int based population in killing and agro.

it also mean it goes just as fast if not faster

based on gear stats and new boost skill wish boost said skill who ps also are spamable
    and dont need chi.
  • Aquyla - Heavens Tear
    Aquyla - Heavens Tear Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    All that does is harm those with lesser gear while giving the people with great gear a free pass. Making it impossible for a smart +10 archer to tank, for example, would also mean a smart +7 or so barb would also be unable to tank (just an example as I don't feel like getting precise on PWCalc atm). And reducing the ability for people to heal themselves again just makes it harder on everyone.

Not true. you forgot SKILLS like solid shield, invoke, barbs passive def skill on true form, barbs hp etc. why would dd need heal if barb is holding aggro and get all hits except on aoes. barb on +7 can surely withstand more than archer on +10 on direct physical attack and reducing ability to heal themselves only put healers to work. oh and don't forget legendary blue bubble also. it's not everything about gear. it's about skill mi m8.
    sure the dmg is done. r9 is too op but with stronger bosses and reduced selfheal they are not gods. and pls don't try to compare players with tt70 gear with archers with nirv gear. don't you see that all these selfheal abilities make game too freakin easy?
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Not true. you forgot SKILLS like solid shield, invoke, barbs passive def skill on true form, barbs hp etc. why would dd need heal if barb is holding aggro and get all hits except on aoes. barb on +7 can surely withstand more than archer on +10 on direct physical attack and reducing ability to heal themselves only put healers to work. oh and don't forget legendary blue bubble also. it's not everything about gear. it's about skill mi m8.
    sure the dmg is done. r9 is too op but with stronger bosses and reduced selfheal they are not gods. and pls don't try to compare players with tt70 gear with archers with nirv gear. don't you see that all these selfheal abilities make game too freakin easy?

A current generation R9 LA has defenses far superior to an old school cata barb skills included. Making something to the point where one of them COULDN'T tank a boss does nothing more than harm any new and upcoming Barbs that are working towards getting their gears up. How many people in their upper 80s/low 90s do you see that can do the new 3-1 completely with an average refine of +5, no TT90 stuff, no cube/warsong stuff, no Warsoul helms, etc? Yet these are the same people that need to get their TT90s to begin with.

Meanwhile a killed sin (again an example) can basically solo it with the typical APS setup. Now what happens when you make that sin UNABLE to do it by the stupidest idea possible (increasing damage done period instead of using something like the soulforce idea presented or the like)? You make it even worse on the people who are supposed to be doing that instance for their gear in the first place.

The damage was done long ago and it's not the ability to heal that's at fault. Archers have no self-heals and yet it was a sage archer that was the first to make Harpy Wraith look like a complete wuss... and that was BEFORE rank 9. It's how fast our gear has advanced from being just good enough to manage if we were skilled to being so powerful we can do things designed for an entire squad on our own.

As I've said before, simply making it o Barbs have intant aggro doesn't change anything. In fact that would just allow DDs to go for +12 weapons +2 armors with zero consequence and let them use even less skill. Increasing boss damage so that only endgame uberbarbs can tank again has the problem of **** everyone that isn't in that gear range. Oh and your idea of making it harder to heal? Still just hurts everyone else that's at a point where they still need those heals. Trying to destroy one aspect of things isn't any more useful than the current state the game is in. You have to address the source issue or you'll simply end up making things worse.
  • Aquyla - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2012
    Options
    ah i will not argue with you since i see you like this easy way. and again you compare r9 archers gear with average barbs gear. put na r9 archer and r9 barb and turn on your stopwatch to see who will die faster. and why the **** would r9 archer wanted to farm tt60-70 anyway? and have you heard about aoe heal term? you know... when healer can heal all 6 pt members? sure leave everything like it is. i pay 1000s of $s on this game. i want to solo everything. well so be it. you can have it m8.
  • truekossy
    edited May 2012
    Options
    At first I thought you may have had a clue and responded to you as I would with someone who had a brain.

With my second post, I was a tad worried but gave you the benefit of the doubt and attempted to clarify myself.

With that third post, you've made it tremendously clear that you are a complete idiot who hasn't the faintest clue what in the hell you're talking about. Which is a pity as I was hoping to continue this discussion and perhaps see if you'd wind up coming up with any sort of a new idea that had some potential to help deal with the problems without breaking the game more.

I especially enjoyed you talking about R9 this and TT70 that when one of my examples specifically pointed out what an an archer WITHOUT R9 did and I've made absolutely ZERO examples or references to TT70. However, seeing as you are an ignorant moron who probably doesn't have a clue what this game is actually like beyond level 70, I shall leave you to wallow in your own stupidity since continuing to try to speak with you reasonably is clearly a wasted effort.

By the way, the name of the skill you're talking about is Chromatic healing beam... which has little use for most against very powerful AoEs since odds are the cleric would be in BB if that was a major concern due to the damage reduction. It's also incredibly stupid to spam it against the weaker AoEs since it's unnecessary to do so and would simply reduce the amount of healing the actual tank would be getting... thus forcing said tank to use those "OP self-heals" you seem so against players having.
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    At first I thought you may have had a clue and responded to you as I would with someone who had a brain.

With my second post, I was a tad worried but gave you the benefit of the doubt and attempted to clarify myself.

With that third post, you've made it tremendously clear that you are a complete idiot who hasn't the faintest clue what in the hell you're talking about. Which is a pity as I was hoping to continue this discussion and perhaps see if you'd wind up coming up with any sort of a new idea that had some potential to help deal with the problems without breaking the game more.

I especially enjoyed you talking about R9 this and TT70 that when one of my examples specifically pointed out what an an archer WITHOUT R9 did and I've made absolutely ZERO examples or references to TT70. However, seeing as you are an ignorant moron who probably doesn't have a clue what this game is actually like beyond level 70, I shall leave you to wallow in your own stupidity since continuing to try to speak with you reasonably is clearly a wasted effort.

a mmo need his standard tank class role and why should it take 5 sec to kill a boss duh

farming should take time not something you do for laugh

look back on those 3 hour tt and tell me if those time hade maybe 100% more active ppl compare to now wish is easy mode.

a real mmo need its tank
  • Aquyla - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2012
    Options
    sure you just continue to insult m8. as i said if you wanna solo be my guest. i found myself good mmo where you need tanks in order to complete endgame instances where bosses hit like a truck and there are no easy mode self heals. let's be honest you are right in some points but this game is already too broken to continue to make some mmo effort out of it. and btw if you keep telling me that dds are main tankers and don't need healers cuz they can keep healing themselves you don't have any right calling me an idiot. thx b:pleased
  • truekossy
    edited May 2012
    Options
    a mmo need his standard tank class role and why should it take 5 sec to kill a boss duh

farming should take time not something you do for laugh

look back on those 3 hour tt and tell me if those time hade maybe 100% more active ppl compare to now wish is easy mode.

a real mmo need its tank
    Someone's completely missing my point. I'm all for barbs having both the capability to tank (actually holding aggro if DDs hold back but not to the point of crippling the run's speed) as well as the need to do so (bosses dealing larger amounts of damage to those who aren't considered tanks or having it scale with gear for bosses that are supposed to be the most elite or whatever so that the tank role classes are still needed even when the DD/Support is using the best of the best).

However the suggestions being thrown out here would make it a nightmare for everyone that isn't ALREADY the top 1% elite in terms of gear or bring things to a point where a certain pair of classes dominate the game. A real MMO has multiple classes able to tank (as well as the same for healing) though potnetially in different ways so that the game doesn't stagnate or become a case of "X LF Barb + Cleric will pay charm + repairs! + for you to go on the run you need as much as the rest of us!". Every class shouldn't be a tank, though each class should have the ability to survive long enough for a tank to get back on its feet if something happens IF the other classes are played well.

By the way, you used a lousy comparison. The TTs alone weren't the only reason there were more players back then and everyone knows it. Trying to cite that as your big reasoning is stupid and if it weren't for the fact that I agree on the principle, I'd have torn that down in an instant.

@Aquyla: I didn't call you an idiot until you had proven yourself as one. Your recent post simply supports it as you continue to bring up things that were never mentioned in the first place and keep acting like one. If you enjoy your new MMO so much then go there and stop trying to make this worse, as well as ay things that anyone with real experience here can tel you is a load of bull. Until you actually prove yourself, I'll continue to have full right to call you an idiot and will do so.
  • XLawBreakerX - Sanctuary
    XLawBreakerX - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Well just to add my 2 cents , the damage has already been done,

1. they didnt punish the goon glitchers why on earth would you think they would nerf aps so much considering the fact that if they do so the richest spenders would leave.. So nerfing aps is prolly not gonna happen even if it happens wont be that significant..

2. The thing is people already have got r9, if you make an instance challenging enough for your average tt99+5, r9s would roll it, if you make an instance challenging for r9+10 average tt99+5 dont get a chance to survive it.

3. Regarding barbs getting aggro, The mindset of people now is to make runs fast. Even suppose they gave barb a skill which lets barb take aggro, 95% people in this game would prefer a 5aps+10 sin in Vana squad than a barb. It will make run go faster and sin can tank better than barb neways, barb would need cleric also thats another 5aps+10 sin u can have. Why would anyone do a run in 20 mins which takes them 5mins?

4. Giving barbs Aggro skills is no solution.. IF you wanna give Barb aggro skills u got to make sure that u make changes to game so that Barbs would be NEEDED in squads to USE those aggro skills WITHOUT pissing off the majority of the current player base.

Tough ask dont think they would do nething about that neways, dont have any hopes of anything changing..