Is this it?!

PinkyMe - Sanctuary
PinkyMe - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
As a 102 with pretty decent gear, there isnt much left to do in this game. b:surrender Pretty much only thing i need is a "good" orb sale, but im foolish to think that will ever happen.

Im sure ALOT of u guys have noticed the recent release of one of the top three games this year. It really surprised me that there was no great sale this maintenance to actually "try" keep their players here. IF there is some new content coming out, NOW is the best time to tell us.

So my question/reason for this thread goes out to the staff of PWI/PWE ....... Is this it? Is it over? b:sad
Post edited by PinkyMe - Sanctuary on

Comments

• MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I'm in a big guild in on Lost City and normally there's 30 something people on, 70/80 for TW.

This week it's been in the low to high teens.

In my smaller guild for my alts the normal population dropped (during peek evening hours) form the low teens to 3 or 5 others besides me. That's like a 50% drop off.

I tried to sell big room tonight and two people replied, normally I got to turn them away.

HH mats are getting rarer in the AH and shops are smaller in number.

Not a good week for this game. Maybe they wrote this week off and plan on something big for Memorial Day week (2x drops/big sales). I hope so. The fat lady might be clearing her throat if something doesn't happen to turn it around.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    It was over a long time ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    It really surprised me that there was no great sale this maintenance to actually "try" keep their players here.

i wasnt really surprised. if someone wanted to try the new games no sale would have kept him; why invest in the game you already know instead of trying first the other and then deciding? I expect a big sale after a few weeks of the release of the games
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    They can try to keep their players if they want, but a lot of people have already made up their minds and either left already or have one foot out the door. A 90% off r9 sale wouldn't even make me want to stay.

Be honest! Would you really want to stay here if you could be fighting stuff like this with your friends? (Edit: I'd like to add that I was somewhere between level 10-14 in this picture. That's content you find early in the game! Can you imagine what you could stumble upon later?)
  • So_Wet - Sanctuary
    So_Wet - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    i loved the beta and will definatly play the game instead of pw but i always come back to it eventually, get a new job get a new life move to a different country all that stuff i eventually think to myself hmm pwi wonder if thats changed and download it again to try it, i guess thats how it will always be with this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hello World!
    Complete your First quest. July 30th 2009 b:victory
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    It was over a long time ago.

Wow, evict is back b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    the only thing thats over is you guys lool
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • RageKill - Lost City
    RageKill - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    This often happens to MMORPGs when shiny new games come out. Then people play for a couple weeks to see if they like it or not. Most of the time people end up going back to their original game and continuing to play.

In june there is a game that's coming out i will want to try and play :) But i'm sure to come back here lol
    edited May 2012
    Ummmmmmm...

You don't think the games people have been talking about will keep people interested for more than 2 weeks? You really think people will want to come back to PWI? Have we been playing the same game?
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    You don't think the games people have been talking about will keep people interested for more than 2 weeks? You really think people will want to come back to PWI? Have we playing the same game?

Let's see who can afford that computer upgrade. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Ummmmmmm...

You don't think the games people have been talking about will keep people interested for more than 2 weeks? You really think people will want to come back to PWI? Have we been playing the same game?

You seriously expect people to only play 1 and the same game all day long, day in day out?
    Maybe the first few weeks yes, but variety is a good thing.
    I'll be playing a different game as well, but i'm not leaving PWI.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    games arent mutually exclusive. still, a lot of people will return and play only pwi. people always talk about how awesome something will be but after a few days (if it's not a huge disappointment) they dont find it so awesome anymore.

a friend of mine was super excited about SW, talked about nothing else for months before the release...turns out he quit after a few weeks.

people raged about google wave and google plus, "facebook is dead".
    well, google is closing wave, hardly anyone on g+ and fb is still around.

never underestimate inertia; and the (sad?) truth is that people may hope and be willing to believe for some time that that new shiny game has developers that dont care just for the profit
    you only purge once #yopo
    edited May 2012

I have an 8800 GTS and everything else in my computer needs upgrading before it could be considered "decent" by today's standards. The game I showed is still in beta and runs better on medium/high settings than PWI does on low. Think about that one for a minute.

The company that made that game knows what they are doing. They want to make a beautiful game that a lot of people can enjoy. b:chuckle

Are you people still on PCs that use Windows 98 or something? Nevermind. Don't answer that. It's depressing enough to know that you guys consider this a decent game. The graphics made me want to vomit when I logged in to do my dailies after the beta was over.

Edit: It's actually sort of pathetic that PWI is the ONLY game that I have to pretty much always run on low settings for some reason. Every recent game I have is played on medium or high with no problems and looks way better than this game. WTF? Nobody needs a $3000 PC to play awesome games.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Are you people still on PCs that use Windows 98 or something?

Gotta love assumptions made up from thin air.

And I was just saying, I checked out a few videos before I decided it's nothing for me. And most people I saw just lagged. And seeing the screenshots of some people here playing on lowest settings, well...

It's sad you have to stay around here just to trash talk PWI and insult other players. Move on to your oh so awesome game already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MrMelvin - Heavens Tear
    MrMelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    It's sad you have to stay around here just to trash talk PWI and insult other players. Move on to your oh so awesome game already.

Exactly this.

Why waste time crying that you don't like the game? Go away then! You won't be missed. And if you have nothing to do until its released, try going outside, do some voluntary work in your community, go on an adventure of your own. We don't want you here b:bye
  • PheosNyx - Sanctuary
    PheosNyx - Sanctuary Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Admittedly, the game looks great - but! I have a faction here full of people I love and cherish and I'm not about to abandon them. As someone who works full time I really can't split my time between two games and still take care of family responsibilities and have a social life. I'd rather stick to a game I know I still enjoy that all my friends still play, too.
    Ling__Tong 101 bm ~ PheosNyx 103 wiz ~ Arande 100 HArcher ~ xXxKuro 100 barb ~ AnselTyme 101 cleric ~ lukeFONfabre 96 seeker ~ Tori_Anzu 90 mystic ~ KateiiHimura 95 veno ~ Artemaeus 58 psy. Playing since April 2009.
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Real gamers will move on, the nostalgic type, and the handful that love this game for the pure ability to always buy a winning tittle will stick around.
    re
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Gotta love assumptions made up from thin air.

You know what they say, assuming just makes an *** out of you and me...

Well anyway, I've been looking at other games lately and while I might play them, I will always have room in my heart and I will always have time to play PWI as well. The game in itself is a great game- storyline, customization, etc. The only thing that drove it downhill was the administration on the game, if that's the word I'm looking for :o But that doesn't stop me from having a good time killing mobs or running a BH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
    edited May 2012
    I have an 8800 GTS and everything else in my computer needs upgrading before it could be considered "decent" by today's standards. The game I showed is still in beta and runs better on medium/high settings than PWI does on low. Think about that one for a minute.
    That's a pure lie, it does not.
    A lot of people have been reporting that the beta was running on low FPS for them on the settings you mentioned, I experienced that as well and my computer has a higher end card than you named.

Don't make up stuff to protect yourself, it just makes you look stupid.
    Yes the game you mention is good and will probably be good.
    But no it's not running any better than PWI with the settings you mentioned.
    I play both on high, and PWI runs even better when im in west archo than the other game.
    Soon™
    edited May 2012
    They haven't done much in the optimization department yet. There were people with better hardware that had issues with lag while people like me didn't really experience too many problems unless there were nearly 50+ people with pets, minions and whatever else trying to kill a boss. That's not unusual since the game is still in beta.

I don't see how I would be lying if that was exactly what I experienced over the weekend. I don't lie. I definitely saw the people complaining about their FPS and lag, but everybody didn't have that problem... obviously. It's something that WILL be fixed before the game goes live.

You guys can keep dumping money into this sinking ship and try to justify it however you want, but the reality is that this game is old and the company that runs it couldn't care less about the players. If that's the sort of company you want to support, whatever. It's your money.
    edited May 2012
    They haven't done much in the optimization department yet. There were people with better hardware that had issues with lag while people like me didn't really experience too many problems unless there were nearly 50+ people with pets, minions and whatever else trying to kill a boss. That's not unusual since the game is still in beta.

You guys can keep dumping money into this sinking ship and try to justify it however you want, but the reality is that this game is old and the company that runs it couldn't care less about the players. If that's the sort of company you want to support, whatever. It's your money.
    I'm not justifying anything for anyone, problem with the most players in here is that they keep asking for "better sales"
    read: "we want cheap orbs so I can be rediculously OP and then cry about the lack of stuff to do for me because i'm so OP".
    It's all about how one looks at it.

Apart from that yes lots of games are to be released soon, and factional conflicts part deux doesn't even have a definite date yet.

Still that does not mean another game dies, yes players will leave, some will be missed others probably couldn't be care less about.

But as I said before people don't just play 1 game all day long every day, maybe some do so exceptions aside.

People have been saying this game is dead or is dying for years now but it's still here isn't it?
    Soon™
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012

I haven't charged a single euro in months, ijs.

But anyway, who cares? It has been a 'waste from money' from the start. It's pixels. But the same goes for a visit to the cinema. You gain nothing permanent but memories, yet it's entertainment. If people want to pay for it, let them. It's their fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited May 2012

Same can be said to your new game :P
    You dont know how well they will handle their work yet, and oh, considering there will be tons on fap-ulous MMO in 2015+ all of us will say the same thing, you wasted ur time and money for that 2012 MMO by the we reached the year of 2015.

Ppl had been spewing PWE has died and sinking since 2009 anyway, but the fact the company is still here, hell, you're still here, even tho u maybe just lurking on forum and dont play anymore, that indicates that there are still ppl who thinks and visit the forum.

You want to see dead forum? Go visit Pw-My forum.

Eiter spewing positive feedback or negative ones, you are still a customer.
    Just look at several ppl here who say they dont play anymore or whatsoever but gets mad when they got banned or something happened in-game.

Last, the ones that made MMO good and bad (besides from the company itself) is the players, so I'm guessing if those players had moved to other MMO, those who still love PWI will screams "yay finally".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Just a question for anyone, if you put in loads of effort/cash into your character(s), would it be harder for you to quit this game if the thought ever came up?

For example, if you were a cashshopper and had full r9+12 gears, the moment you do quit, would it actually be hard for you to quit 100% because you invested loads of time and money?

If you were a hardcore F2P player, and merched/farmed the funds for your gears, like r9+12, would it be hard on you when the moment to quit comes, knowing that ultimately, all the time you put into the game, will no longer have anything significant in the future?

Only using r9+12 gears as an example by the way, I'm talking about any significant effort over time made as a player.

I'm just wondering if people are emotionally attach to their characters and effort so much, that they will play PW, regardless of anything happening, because you might think that potentially years of work would ultimately end and mean very little for you in the future.

Just a random thought.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • PorkLoMein - Lost City
    PorkLoMein - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    i want something more then new monster
    i want something more then new gear and items
    If PWI can come up with something different then I'm will stay
  • RandomDent - Dreamweaver
    RandomDent - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    the only reason I'll continue playing pwi is friends. sure, I put a lot of effort into getting gear, but my gear is hardly the best in game despite years of effort. the friends I have here who will continue to play are the only reason I'll come back. it's just gotten too hard to "keep up with the joneses" as the value of farmable materials has fallen while cash shop prices have risen, making both virtual and real currencies lose so much value that it takes 2-3x the effort to upgrade gear than it did 6-12 months ago.

wordswordswordswords
    See, I can hyper a nub up like the rest of yas!
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    It's also finals week at a lot for a lot of college students here in the United States. So I suspect that there will be a boost in players in the next couple of weeks. Both from people who tried that game and didn't like it, tried it and decided to play both, and from players who never actually left just got busier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    Geshwur - Raging Tide Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited May 2012

Trust me xD If my laptop could run ToR, or I could afford to buy a new laptop just because I want to play a game, I wouldn't look back xD
    Current Gears
    pwcalc.com/90f636550cbd5beb
  • tientiensuser
    tientiensuser Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Raiderz and NeverWinter Nights are also next gen games if you are interested in something new. PW does have new releases if you are looking for something young and fresh. b:laugh
  • oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Raiderz and NeverWinter Nights are also next gen games if you are interested in something new. PW does have new releases if you are looking for something young and fresh. b:laugh

Excuse me , i just threw up in my mouth a little bit .
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".