50 gold for 10*

Comments

• Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Just wanted to add... One 10* orb was almost just as expensive as the pre purchased game i bought which has a beta event this weekend. So ya... guess where i'll be... b:bye
    I'm going on vacation from 1. May so I will miss start. But at 15th I'm back and running to store to buy that game.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Weapon - You're not a metal mage

She might not be, but I sure am. b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    maocchi wrote: »
    Go ahead, leave silently and don't log in for a couple of months. PWE will send you a nice email with a coupon attached to it in effort to get you to log in again (they actually do) because they are more scared of silence than massive QQ fest.

Not for a large chunk of people, since they outsource those things and the company they outsource to broke the anti-spam headers like a year or so ago. So if your mail is with a provider which strictly follows the rules, you don't get PWE promotional email. For any of their games. Which ought to be unsurprising, PWE kinda-sorta breaks things all the time.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    PWI's marketing team should be shaved, shot, and sterilized....nuf sed
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • RedOrbit - Dreamweaver
    RedOrbit - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I find it amusing how some trolls here try to defend PWI and this **** sale even though the vast majority of the players agree that it's a **** sale.

News flash, if the vast majority of people who play this game have decided that the sale is ****, that makes it a **** sale. It really is that simple, no arguments.
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    maocchi wrote: »
    Go ahead, leave silently and don't log in for a couple of months. PWE will send you a nice email with a coupon attached to it in effort to get you to log in again (they actually do) because they are more scared of silence than massive QQ fest.

You know what scares them even more? Competition. They know it's out there and don't want us to talk about it, yet they keep doing stupid **** like this. It makes absolutely no sense at all.

That being said, decent sales or bonus zen offers wouldn't change my decision. They haven't done a damn thing to try and compete with the upcoming titles. It's beyond stupid for them to expect us to stay here instead of moving to muuuuuuuch greener pastures.

Their 20% bonus zen emails will be going to the junk folder. :D
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I find it amusing how some trolls here try to defend PWI and this **** sale

Just because you disagree with them doesn't make them trolls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    /lightbulb

I've got it.

They want to run off the portion of the playerbase who are well aware that this sale is ****. As these people leave, PWE will be left with a playerbase that

1. Knows the sale prices are ****, and doesn't care
    2. Are too new to know what the older sales were like, and considers sales like these to be the norm/good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I know someone who charged 300g to make a 12* orb today. PWE is doing it right! b:chuckle There's never a short supply of idiots!
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    a fool and his money shall soon part
    I know someone who charged 300g to make a 12* orb today. PWE is doing it right! b:chuckle There's never a short supply of idiots!

b:chuckle
  • Ariella_ - Lost City
    Ariella_ - Lost City Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I don't understand why they always have this **** **** up now, fix it later mentality. The damage has been done, jacking the prices up now just makes it to where new players will be EVEN LESS likely to join.

"So you're saying all these players got OP gear for half what I'd have to pay for it? Uhh no thanks, I'll just go play (Insert good quality game here)...
    <3 b:cute
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    ^

See if they actually have lower level content with no hyper FCC, new players would be completely oblivious to this.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    they used to be 70+$,and when u got idiots paying 18 gold for a 5star during some times...im sure people will pay 100 gold for a stinkin 10+.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • FlyRanger - Dreamweaver
    FlyRanger - Dreamweaver Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    u realy consuuiu thats too much i wont buy this carp.!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I upload a vid of a rank 9 3rd cast seeker fight, 90 views.
    I upload a vid of me in my boxers, 750 views.
    I know what the PWI community wants.

b:laugh
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Then dont buy it.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Another thread about this seriuslly???
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    they used to be 70+$,and when u got idiots paying 18 gold for a 5star during some times...im sure people will pay 100 gold for a stinkin 10+.

When you have people refining with orbs exclusively because they think PWI has messed up the mirage odds to force people to cash shop... I'm sure the Oceans will sell a bit.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I find it amusing how some trolls here try to defend PWI and this **** sale even though the vast majority of the players agree that it's a **** sale.

One problem is the failure to recognize that it's because of the cry babies in the first place that it is how it is. PWI CS sucks, but put some blame for this where it belongs: on the ignorant whine-donkey community. Hopefully PW learns from this and stops pandering to ignorant whine-donkeys.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    I agree. Cry babies ruined this game. There are people worth listening to, and then there are people who should just be silent. Learn to make coins, buy gold, and wait for sales like everyone else. I am very certain that should a major sale come around, half of you people won't be ready for it. You'd be complaining about how high gold got and how you don't have enough gold.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • blondie2000
    blondie2000 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Dear Pwi ur game was something awsome till the asian hackers so you said killed the game. Now when they did that you said you were gonna make things right like x2 drops sprirt and exp untill this problem is Fixed. Well after that you said you would keep us upto date of this problem but yet im inserting more cash, Past x2 sucked felt like i wasnt making anything and yet your charging 50 gold for a +10 orb. People are tired now alot wont logg back inn they had Enough of the Game politics. Do the Right thing make a change or loose more folks that spend there whole wage packet in game b:surrender
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    another moron crying about this b:laugh
  • HerbShopper - Dreamweaver
    HerbShopper - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    50 is to high.

LOWER THIS PRICE

b:angry
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited April 2012

Heh heh, very nice xD
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I'm guessing your server has some pretty fail Pkers.

I only see about 10% of the clerics on DW as I used to. I hardly see many clerics out PKing at all. The ones in PK outside west are usually ressing and buffing. I don"t frequent PK myself. However, I am massively skilled in TW. I am r9 cleric, only 4 JoSD's and some Vits and Garnet gems. My gear is not finished, but I can tell you, cleric is not a great pk toon. I have 12k pdef fully buffed and 11.7k hp buffed. It is mainly support. No one says they want to make a cleric for PK. Show me one that did. That is not to say there aren't some good pk clerics. Smash and Aristo come to mind. There are! But many of them rolled other toons!
  • Seeperd - Heavens Tear
    Seeperd - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    If memory serves, last year June/July about, there was a Orb sale as well. In this orb sale, last year, I bought 3 x 10* orbs at 65 gold or you could buy singles at 25 gold each.

Ok , ok , ok I know inflasion increases, so does cost of living, the stock prices, the gasoline prices etc etc etc

BUT DOUBLE for 1 orb?

I think this is the proverbial "last straw" for a number of players.

Goodbye PWI b:bye

Minecraft here i come !!
    I went to bed last night, lying on my back, looking up at the millions and millions of stars. During this time 2 thoughts crossed my mind:

1 - Do we really believe that we are alone in this vast universe...
    2 - If only I knew who stole my roof....
  • XKISSx - Dreamweaver
    XKISSx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I like this sell because it will make you all quit. b:bye
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I only see about 10% of the clerics on DW as I used to. I hardly see many clerics out PKing at all. The ones in PK outside west are usually ressing and buffing. I don"t frequent PK myself. However, I am massively skilled in TW. I am r9 cleric, only 4 JoSD's and some Vits and Garnet gems. My gear is not finished, but I can tell you, cleric is not a great pk toon. I have 12k pdef fully buffed and 11.7k hp buffed. It is mainly support. No one says they want to make a cleric for PK. Show me one that did. That is not to say there aren't some good pk clerics. Smash and Aristo come to mind. There are! But many of them rolled other toons!

I think she was reffering to the archer that claimed that he eats clerics like chocolates, which in our case does not happen due to the fact we know how to survive.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Clerics get eaten like chocolate when they are in TW busy healing. As soon as the plume shell comes off they are very vulnerable because they have an ally targeted, so it takes time for them to defend with sleep or seal of god. These are perfect times for an archer to assassinate the cleric. More devoted clerics these days have good pdef and a purify weapon, which makes them a lot harder to kill.

In 1v1 PK it's obviously different.