Database issues: Facebook Connect + Other website features

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
Hey all,

We've been receiving reports regarding players being unable to select certain characters in the FB Connect pull-down menus. We believe it to be a database issue on our end, and we're working on it now to resolve the issue.

Thank you for your patience :)
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Here we go again.

Taking bets on duration of disruption
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I haven't had such an issue

but plus 1 for fixing something b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Hey all,

We've been receiving reports regarding players being unable to select certain characters in the FB Connect pull-down menus. We believe it to be a database issue on our end, and we're working on it now to resolve the issue as soooooooooooooooon as possible.

^fixed
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Semis_Inferi - Archosaur
    Semis_Inferi - Archosaur Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Hey all,

We've been receiving reports regarding players being unable to select certain characters in the FB Connect pull-down menus. We believe it to be a database issue on our end, and we're working on it (as soon as the zombie apocalypse happens and your brains are eaten) to resolve the issue.

^fixed
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I haven't had such an issue

but plus 1 for fixing something b:victory

Totally agree with this. b:chuckle
  • Breathe - Lost City
    Breathe - Lost City Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Again?
  • ladyskysong
    ladyskysong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Thanks for the update!b:laugh I wanna be able to put my OP sin as my avatar.b:chuckle
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I am going to get another blessing before they shut it downb:sweat
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    WTF is going on everyday problems problems ,sometimes Jones is down ,Sometimes PvP page ,grrrrrrrrr now database gone with wind.b:angryb:beatenup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Boohoo...

Poor little lazy folks who have gotten too used to the game being easy mode because of Jones/O'Malley's are all busy raging and QQing about this.

All while I giggle.

The world is fun like that.

b:cute
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Boohoo...

Poor little lazy folks who have gotten too used to the game being easy mode because of Jones/O'Malley's are all busy raging and QQing about this.

All while I giggle.

The world is fun like that.

b:cute

Dont agree. I dont have the prob (ive bunches stacked on my accounts) but i understand that it gives players a huuuge advantage over other when they use it. A R8 hits almost like a R9 when using it... the attack (and dev lvls) r worth a view hundred millions. It has NOTHING to do with lazyness.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Not all of us have same problems.

I had 1 blessing in my mailbox for about a month may be, then sent yesterday yet one to other mailbox.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    How the HELL do you guys manage to break this thing every month?
    I <3 AGOREY
  • LunaLuna - Dreamweaver
    LunaLuna - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    For me, in 2 different browsers, (firefox and IE) the facebook login button is gone, instead of that i get a "Like" button, after i click that, i get a half loaded square, which dissapears when i click it.

So far this has been going on in Firefox since the last update, on IE it started yesterday.
  • bookofra45
    bookofra45 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    ok thanks for given message....
    Book of Ra
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2012
    Wow. It's been a problem since last summer and they are finally noticing it?

No wonder the web sites suck so bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryan91790
    ryan91790 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    here's an image of my 4 char's
    help me GM i need jone's so bad b:cry

http://imageshack.us/f/196/error2go.jpg/
    i have total of 4 characters..

Lost City :
    Remuranun LVL 54 sin (Main)
    Ob/ivion LVL 22 sin (experiment)
    RemMys LVL 3 mys (experiment)

Harsland:
    Morpheuz LVL 1 <---- this is the only server & char that has been recognize by the jones blessing and can only be recognize in changing Avatar.
  • LunaLuna - Dreamweaver
    LunaLuna - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/reward is not working either for me
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Hey all,

We've been receiving reports regarding players being unable to select certain characters in the FB Connect pull-down menus. We believe it to be a database issue.

Anyway, I'm still trying to work out the freaking snowmen!!!!

SO LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

fixed

b:chuckle sorry frankieraye
  • trollalert
    trollalert Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    What he really means is we've forwarded it to china and well it'll get fixed when it gets fixed. could be an hr from now or 2 years or 1000 years. My theory the game will be long shut down before they anything properly fixed and not just a duct tape fix. franky what you need to do is fire the monkey coders you got over there and hire some fresh people that can code. issues like this shouldnt arise or last as long as they do. when you do updates create a new test account to test it. its not that hard.

But hey atleast the company trying right? Hey one good thing atleast franky admitted there was a problem.
  • sstamm
    sstamm Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    heyzz

i got a little problem here on the forum. my friend plays this game also and he told me we can save tokens and DQ reward....
    well i've tried this on my pc but....i can't find my char? i've chosed the server(lost city) then clicked on character but he just found my other char (wich i just use for bank)

donno if it's serverbug or if it's me but i just wanna see my maincharacter (well the DQ and token stuff from it)

PS sry if i wrote some words wrong (belgium <dutch and french well and a bit german>

hope i get some help
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    friend of mine got the same prob..shes new to the game (like lv 17 or so) and i told her how she can get blessings, but only message she gets after logging in to pwi site + facebook is "you dont have any character in pwi, heres the DL link"
  • Khallie - Sanctuary
    Khallie - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I just tried to get a blessing, clicked on the facebook connect button, it went through the process but just sits on that page.
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    man that FB page is more down than up and running.

PWI Programmers office
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    FB connect? I can't even log into the game period....get the to the character select window and it disconnects
  • Nout - Sanctuary
    Nout - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    images-cdn.perfectworld.com gives 400 (bad request) for some of the requests, different ones each time. Most likely one of the webservers is broken and others are working ok.

The javascript files come from this location; if one of those (probably jquery) cannot be loaded the dropdown will not function.

I just got a blessing by refreshing the page a few times till it worked.
  • sarahhowells
    sarahhowells Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    My bm isn't listed. :(
  • ladyskysong
    ladyskysong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Still can't get blessing b:cry and it x2..
  • Shadow_Tail - Lost City
    Shadow_Tail - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    My current character cannot be found in the DQ rewards page yet 2 characters i have already deleted is in the list.

Tried all the fix suggestions but nothing.
  • devilslawyer
    devilslawyer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Sorry for double post but thanks to a random post in the general section i changed my forum avatar to my missing character and now it works like a charm. b:pleased