Harpy Wraith Solo

Options
Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Archer
By the way archers totally suck in PVE!
http://youtu.be/MDy3uVZYgIs

Doing this as an archer is pretty difficult though even with 20K HP. Harpy has very dangerous debuffs that can easily kill you if you aren't careful. I studied other attempts and found that Harpy has an entirely predictable behavior broken up into 3 stages. Within each stage she has a set attack pattern. If you see any mistakes it's probably because I am constantly looking at my stopwatch to keep track of the attack timings. I think I did a pretty good job and avoided almost all of the debuffs by timing Fortify and Evil Ward and my immunity skills.

This is actually the first time anyone in Sanctuary has PROPERLY soloed Harpy. Dan has a vid of an attempt but a friend of his in the air was acting as second aggro to soak up the dangerous debuffs. I think Kirby also did a 'solo' but had a Psychic there spamming healing buffs on him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
Post edited by Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 on

Comments

• Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Congratulations.

Playing your own cleric is solo too b:avoid
  • CrusherJam - Dreamweaver
    CrusherJam - Dreamweaver Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    What was your repair bill ?
    19k Hp and rising my goal is 20k unbuffed (would love 25k )
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    edited March 2012
    Options
    What was your repair bill ?
    Just the charm usage.

I was worried this video was too long to be interesting so I added a director's commentary as a bunch of annotations. Hopefully that makes it more entertaining.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Congratulations.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Amazing! I think you have to be the first archer to ever solo harpy, congrats!
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Grats good vid and about shining pill's to bad they don't last 30mins like it says they should.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • MareAssassin - Lost City
    MareAssassin - Lost City Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Congratulations.

Great stratagies you got there :p.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Congratulations!

Glad to see the first non-sin solo Harpy out there. This is a real treat to watch.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Nice video. Like the annotations to point out your methods, makes it more interesting to watch for sure. Slightly curious what your gear looks like though.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Nice video. Like the annotations to point out your methods, makes it more interesting to watch for sure. Slightly curious what your gear looks like though.

Full R9 JoSD +12
    Sky Cover +12
    TMLG +11 4x vit stones
    LuaD
    Nirvana LA 4s +12 JoSD

Assuming +10 Deicides, +10 TT99 orns for 5APS.
  • Belzeber - Raging Tide
    Belzeber - Raging Tide Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    By the way archers totally suck in PVE!
    http://youtu.be/MDy3uVZYgIs

Doing this as an archer is pretty difficult though even with 20K HP. Harpy has very dangerous debuffs that can easily kill you if you aren't careful. I studied other attempts and found that Harpy has an entirely predictable behavior broken up into 3 stages. Within each stage she has a set attack pattern. If you see any mistakes it's probably because I am constantly looking at my stopwatch to keep track of the attack timings. I think I did a pretty good job and avoided almost all of the debuffs by timing Fortify and Evil Ward and my immunity skills.

This is actually the first time anyone in Sanctuary has PROPERLY soloed Harpy. Dan has a vid of an attempt but a friend of his in the air was acting as second aggro to soak up the dangerous debuffs. I think Kirby also did a 'solo' but had a Psychic there spamming healing buffs on him.

http://www.wordans.com/wordansfiles/images/2011/3/9/69623/69623_340.jpg?1299706033
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Awesome signature by Bellefleurs <3
    "Any tree can drop an apple. I'll drop the freakin' moon!"
    "Any voice can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart!"

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1335981

Bring Toonami back to Cartoon Network! Show your support!
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Just imagine if you used some not-outdated claws xD

Wonder how much easier it would be for you if you used G15's with revenge and interval o.o
  • Ambisagrus - Lost City
    Ambisagrus - Lost City Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Gratz Ast :)

Glad to see we now have an archer who can solo harpy!

So so far we have:

Cheze - 105 Assassin (Solo from what I know)
    TheDan - 105 Blademaster (Not sure if solo or duo ._., the vid was too long @_@)
    and Astrelle - 105 Archer

Correct me if I missed somebody :)
    Going for on sin: pwcalc.com/d916f4e82a02e4dd

Currently saved: 0

Total cost: 5 bil

My time: Lulz.
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Aster already explained why TheDan's video was a failed attempt at trying to "solo" harpy.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Just imagine if you used some not-outdated claws xD

Wonder how much easier it would be for you if you used G15's with revenge and interval o.o

Bah I'm not going to use g15 claws until I find a pair with revenge + 2x -.05 interval. The main thing I like about my current 5.0 setup is that I can wear r9 chest for 4/6 R9 set bonus while wearing tt99 belt which has +str on it. That gets me to 500 dex which is a nice round number.

I had pretty low damage in this fight really since I was using Omalley blessing and not using the r9 ring. I also forgot to use the white wings for 2% more crit <_<

I don't really need more healing since crab meat and triple spark is a lot of healing. I actually did a breakdown though of how much healing I would have gotten from them in this fight:

Revenge Claws - 200k hp
    Triple Spark Heal - 225k hp
    Spamming Crab Meat - 315k hp
    Blood paint - 300k hp
    Actual Charm usage - 600k hp
    So so far we have:

Cheze - 105 Assassin (Solo from what I know)
    TheDan - 105 Blademaster (Not sure if solo or duo ._., the vid was too long @_@)
    and Asterelle - 105 Archer

Correct me if I missed somebody :)

I'm not counting Dan, he was sharing aggro with someone in the air b:angry

In my research I saw that ***_***_IN on lost city also soloed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx6Zq_a077w
    Of course sins can just pretty much faceroll harpy in 5 mins and not have to worry about the debuffs or damage much. I used a more slow and steady strategy.

This video is pretty much a walkthrough on how most people can do it. It's the first to show how much you can exploit the predictability of harpy's attacks.

For this I had 20K hp, 22k pdef, 68 defense levels. My tt99 ornaments and deicides are +10.
    I had nearly full buffs but didn't have sage bell or any rune buff (forgot).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anfisa - Lost City
    Anfisa - Lost City Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    In my research I saw that ***_***_IN on lost city also soloed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx6Zq_a077w
    Of course sins can just pretty much faceroll harpy in 5 mins and not have to worry about the debuffs or damage much. I used a more slow and steady strategy.
    Looks like he didn't know all the timings like you did, he got stunned so many times. Mostly just relied on tidal protection. So this was much much more impressive.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Looks like he didn't know all the timings like you did, he got stunned so many times. Mostly just relied on tidal protection. So this was much much more impressive.

Indeed. Still ironic that Sins still try to post Epeen pvp and solo videos, as if there is anything impressive about it >.>

That's what I really like about Asterelle's video, the strategy required and informative annotations.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    That gets me to 500 dex which is a nice round number.

I agree, that's an important consideration.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Good work i'm impresssed

but this is like showing the wizard behind the curtain, now one of the scariest bosses in the game isn't so scary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FlyRanger - Dreamweaver
    FlyRanger - Dreamweaver Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    sorry to disapoint u but ur solo is not impressive at all, i tanked a Increased atack harpy spawn by a drunk Gm b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I upload a vid of a rank 9 3rd cast seeker fight, 90 views.
    I upload a vid of me in my boxers, 750 views.
    I know what the PWI community wants.

b:laugh
  • Reninz - Dreamweaver
    Reninz - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    sorry to disapoint u but ur solo is not impressive at all, i tanked a Increased atack harpy spawn by a drunk Gm b:victory

dont lie fly, everyone knows that you were trying to merch stuff to the poor harpy and it just commited suicide so that it wouldnt have to listen to your advertising ever again D=
    b:chuckle
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Indeed. Still ironic that Sins still try to post Epeen pvp and solo videos, as if there is anything impressive about it >.>

That's what I really like about Asterelle's video, the strategy required and informative annotations.

I only make sin videos because people actually want to see it. b:surrender

Also mainly because some of my videos are the first of its type on YT. I remember a while ago before I started making vids constantly and was still in the process of leveling and gearing my sin, everytime I searched for something related to a sin on YT, nothing but mostly horrible PvP came up. The only video that actually kept me going was the damage done in this video. I don't like PKing on a sin because it's sometimes simply too easy, but also because I'm not really a PvP person. I don't like killing other people, unless it's required, such as defending your area in DT, Cube, TW, tourney, etc.

To today's standards, that's nothing XD But back then I have never seen/experienced anything over 2 aps, and certainly nothing over 20k damage, it was quite a sight.

But in terms of soloing Harpy Wraith, this is the best one hands down. That much tactical timing and observation gives for not only a very educational/informational video, but an entertaining one.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

But in terms of soloing Harpy Wraith, this is the best one hands down. That much tactical timing and observation gives for not only a very educational/informational video, but an entertaining one.

+1

It`s simply so rare to see that sort of notes and I rather go by numbers than "Gut feeling". This gives a nice image of bout the point where I should try the same with my sin - Should cut down the amount of time I need to spend farming by going with sin rather than with archer, even if they will share most of the gear. Even doing it that way will likely take ~year of farming with how time consuming rl should soon be for me. Best of all is, if I ever manage to do that with sin - I can easily turn the "hard mode"(archer) on as most of the gear is rdy due account stash.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Noveriot - Heavens Tear
    Noveriot - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Dayum. Just... dayum. Congratulations :D
  • Demon_troll - Harshlands
    Demon_troll - Harshlands Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    i happy to see an archer do something good finally, but u use boutique? well i maybe thinking about boutique too... archers are weak without it i guess ;/ ... ugh... 3k damage on you... that's more than my own hp here... it would hit me possibly 40k or something... idk or want to know
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    What happened to you saying fist is fail?
  • Demon_troll - Harshlands
    Demon_troll - Harshlands Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    What happened to you saying fist is fail?

she spent money on the game -.- big difference...
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Not really.
  • ZackMystic - Harshlands
    ZackMystic - Harshlands Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    she spent money on the game -.- big difference...

Yeah but they are still pro for many years
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    95 BM ZackBlade
    Retired in March 2012, thx DarkNova for the fun.
    Exiirah made this purely awesome signature b:pleased Many thanks to her
    edited March 2012
    Options
    That fight was fun zack :P
This discussion has been closed.