We Want PK in SP !! :D

need4pk
need4pk Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
Dear GM's,

You may not have noticed but I think you did.. how active Secret Passage is when available.

Don't take PK out of Secret Passage, the players want it. b:mischievous

Put a protection on the lowbies and give us Secret Passage back!

Let the fun begin.. b:sin
Post edited by need4pk on

Comments

• Zubi - Lothranis
    Zubi - Lothranis Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Or just bring PvP Arena back b:pleased SP will always be a problem...
  • Zalm - Dreamweaver
    Zalm - Dreamweaver Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    need4pk wrote: »
    Dear GM's,

You may not have noticed but I think you did.. how active Secret Passage is when available.

Let the fun begin.. b:sin

lol...noob
    I don't see people begging for Assassins to come save them.
    I don't see people spamming for BM or Archer buffs in Archosaur.
    I don't see people asking to be revived by Barbs, Seekers, or Psychics.
    You know what I do see?
    'OMG I NEED A CLERIC!'
    'Any clerics nearby that can buff me?'
    'Can you rez me? I need a rez.'
  • musine
    musine Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    lol seriously go play on a pvp server when you wanna do this **** b:fatb
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I get enough PK from TW b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2012

You have no idea what kind of flamewar you could kick up with that comment. XD

There was a biiiiig, long discussion on SP PK last time this happened, and there were plenty of people who swore up and down that "this is what the players want." Most of the people who said that, conveniently, were well-geared for PVP and simply enjoyed an opportunity to pick off Lv30s trying to do their quests and watch them get frustrated. They ignored the fact that SP is a completely inappropriate place for open PK. Between duels, TW, the Tournament, Dragon Temple, the Theater of Blood (I think? I've never been to that), many rooms in the Cube, and just good-old open world PK at West Gate or Silver Pool, there is no shortage of opportunities for any flavor of PK your heart may desire... except, of course, for ganking lowbies or people who are just trying to do their quests.

So you'd say put "protection" on the lowbies, yes? And at what point does that protection end? Lv30? How do you expect a Lv70 person to do, say, Silver Frost for his OHT culti? This is the kind of question we had to deal with last time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Sjuggs - Lost City
    Sjuggs - Lost City Posts: 617 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Lol PVE servers b:laugh
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    You have no idea what kind of flamewar you could kick up with that comment. XD

I'm pretty sure he knows exactly what he is doing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Winddagger - Harshlands
    Winddagger - Harshlands Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The main reason was the fact that a error in game coding by the DEVS.
    Gms do not have the ability to change the coding so they have enforced the rule of no pking.
    In the game it self it should not be a pk zone. Yet those who do pk are being banned for short periods of time as first warnings.

Consistent pking in SP = Longer duration of Ban.

So question for your self is, 1) Will you risk your self to being banned?
    2) If you think you can do a better job, then stop QQing and apply for the job at pw careers and see if you can fix the issue your self.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roar of the dragon, burning with my soul
    Shall hear the tremor and fear in the shadows
    Let my darkness of my heart consume you all
    Your insanity is my sanity, let it eat away at your soul
    The blitz of the firery night ...
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    ...and just good-old open world PK...

Pretty much this.

The only reason Fuzzy can see that people want an instance to PK in is so that they can have their cake and eat it too. They want to have all the benefits of being white named whithout actually having to go there.

Want to PK? Click that little button to get rid of your blue name and voila.. the entire map is now your "instance".

b:bye
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Belzeber - Raging Tide
    Belzeber - Raging Tide Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It would be nicer if they would open the old arena. b:surrender
    Why was it closed, again? I see no loss or gain from it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Awesome signature by Bellefleurs <3
    "Any tree can drop an apple. I'll drop the freakin' moon!"
    "Any voice can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart!"

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1335981

Bring Toonami back to Cartoon Network! Show your support!
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Want to PK? Click that little button to get rid of your blue name and voila.. the entire map is now your "instance".

I disagree. I think the fact that you're forgetting is that not everyone is a 'true PKer'.
    There are plently of lower leveld/geared people who would like to battle with others. However, this is PWI. There's r9 and +12 refines, that can just hand you behind to you in one shot.
    Can't blame people for wanting some fun without having to face the ridiculous gap between gears nowadays.

I'm not in favor of leaving SP a PK instance. However, I see no harm in PKing in there atm, as long as you don't kill anyone not in your squad or PK group.
    But since it's such a problem: Just give us an arena and have SP fixed for once and all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012

I disagree. I think the fact that you're forgetting is that not everyone is a 'true PKer'.
    There are plently of lower leveld/geared people who would like to battle with others. However, this is PWI. There's r9 and +12 refines, that can just hand you behind to you in one shot.
    Can't blame people for wanting some fun without having to face the ridiculous gap between gears nowadays.
    You... do understand that those +12 r9s can still get into SP and ruin everyone's day just as easily as they could in open-world, right? -_- Gear balance will always be the crippling factor in this game's PVP aspect. But as long as we can opt-out of it and play PVE, oh well, no problem. That's why PK SP is a problem, though - you can't opt-out of it without ignoring your quests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It would be nicer if they would open the old arena. b:surrender
    Why was it closed, again? I see no loss or gain from it.

it has something to do with the storyline, the quest you get at lv.40 from 1k elder.
    wonder when the next quest about that will come :B

it says about some kind of gang or cult or whatever owning all the arenas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    You... do understand that those +12 r9s can still get into SP and ruin everyone's day just as easily as they could in open-world, right?

Yes, I do. But that was less targeted at the SP PK, sorry if I was unclear.

What I meant is: It's stupid to say: 'Just hit that PK mode' button. You're stuck in that mode for 10 hours. That's 10 hours of the risk of getting harrassed by people that outgear you by far. Sure, you could sit it off in SZ, but not everyone can leave their computer on and running.

If there was a kind of arena however, you can end that PK state whenever you feel like it. Just leave the place. No r9 person will be able to touch you then.

And I agree with you there, Miugre. Gear balance is flowered up big time. That's why I think it's idiotic to expect people to go into PK mode, like Fuzzy said. It's fine if you got the gears to actually compete, but for flowers sake, accept that there are people that don't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It really wouldn't matter where they enabled a PK area from the existing instances. If they turned it off in SP and enabled it in Sadistic Glee.....you'd be shocked to see how many people would suddenly want to do the quests in there and are being hindered by the PK enabling.
  • starfever
    starfever Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Dear GM's,

b:sin

LOOOL ..No they don't - about 75% of players wanted it stopped last time and it wasnt just PWE people!

I'd guess its bad enough on a pvp server to endure rpkers in there but on PVE servers its just plain stupid, so well done PWI for stopping the madness.

PWE servers are for PWE players - if there are PKers on these then they need to re-roll and 'enjoy' their strange pursuits elsewhere.
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    starfever wrote: »
    LOOOL ..No they don't - about 75% of players wanted it stopped last time and it wasnt just PWE people!
    82.956% of statistics on the internet are pulled out of nowhere and based on nothing D:
  • Belzeber - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012

I'd guess its bad enough on a pvp server to endure rpkers in there but on PVE servers its just plain stupid, so well done PWI for stopping the madness.

PWE servers are for PWE players - if there are PKers on these then they need to re-roll and 'enjoy' their strange pursuits elsewhere.

I think you mean PVE but yeah, ignorant rant is ignorant.

There's people who enjoy pk all the time and there's people who enjoy pk some of the time. Then there's people who assume that it's black and white like you and say that if you like pk at all, you gotta play on a pk server. b:bye

People pk in SP just because there's no penalty, simple enough. We just need a place to do that-- just not SP. b:laugh

IF you ever get to endgame, you plan to just sit around on your *** all day doing the same instance for stuff you have absolutely no need for?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I get enough PK from TW b:bye

TW is about as far removed from PK as you can get.

That's like comparing a fist fight to WWII.

I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »

Splendid idea old bean, marvelous! But I do say old chap, there is a slight problem with your solution my friend! You see my dear fellow, there is quite the gap between the Rank 9 and LITERALLY EVERY PIECE OF ARMOR IN THE GAME, and so I do daresay the majority of the playerbase is finding such a smashing time of open map fighting to be a little bit of a rarity, eh?

It's not fun if you're going to simply run out there and be smacked around by some twelve year old with mummy's credit card. You should practice what you preach---go out there without Rank 9 on and see how well you fare against endgame.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • starfever
    edited February 2012
    I think you mean PVE but yeah, ignorant rant is ignorant.

There's people who enjoy pk all the time and there's people who enjoy pk some of the time. Then there's people who assume that it's black and white like you and say that if you like pk at all, you gotta play on a pk server. b:bye

People pk in SP just because there's no penalty, simple enough. We just need a place to do that-- just not SP. b:laugh

IF you ever get to endgame, you plan to just sit around on your *** all day doing the same instance for stuff you have absolutely no need for?

IF i ever get to endgame i certainly won't resort to killing other players for some kind of perverse pleasure, thats why i play on a PVE server.

IF i get to endgame i will simply play another character and get them to end-game too.

How YOU want to play is entirely up to you as indeed is the way i play, but i would still respectfully suggest you are on the wrong server b:worried
  • Belzeber - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    IF i ever get to endgame i certainly won't resort to killing other players for some kind of perverse pleasure, thats why i play on a PVE server.

IF i get to endgame i will simply play another character and get them to end-game too.

How YOU want to play is entirely up to you as indeed is the way i play, but i would still respectfully suggest you are on the wrong server b:worried

And I will respectfully suggest you're a bigot. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• starfever
    edited February 2012

Just because i don't like pking in any shape or form?

Way to be tolerant maaaaan b:chuckle
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    And I agree with you there, Miugre. Gear balance is flowered up big time. That's why I think it's idiotic to expect people to go into PK mode, like Fuzzy said. It's fine if you got the gears to actually compete, but for flowers sake, accept that there are people that don't.
    Nobody should expect people to go into PK mode at all. That's the problem with PK SP as it is. At least open-world PK mode HAS an opt-out option, and going into it to begin with is itself a choice. That's the difference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Or just bring PvP Arena back b:pleased SP will always be a problem...

^ +1 to dis
  • Belzeber - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012

Just because i don't like pking in any shape or form?

Way to be tolerant maaaaan b:chuckle

Suggesting to me that I'm playing on the wrong server and me telling you that you're a bigot could also mean that we're both wrong and just saying invalid nonsense. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Nobody should expect people to go into PK mode at all. That's the problem with PK SP as it is. At least open-world PK mode HAS an opt-out option, and going into it to begin with is itself a choice. That's the difference.

Yep. That's why I'm all for a separate, non-quest instance :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    TW is about as far removed from PK as you can get.

That's like comparing a fist fight to WWII.

b:laugh Well WWII sure is fun. LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • KushClouds - Lothranis
    KushClouds - Lothranis Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Or just bring back the PvP Arena. Or better yet if your on a PvE server go White named dont be a puss and just pk in a instance or just go to a PvP server since your so bad ***. Ijs b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Belzeber - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Keep my items from dropping when I go blood red and I'll do it! b:laugh

But yeah, guardian scrolls and the safety lock are pains in the ***.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]