Tidal Protection Buffed

Comments

• SyntherosX - Harshlands
    SyntherosX - Harshlands Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Well even more typical of a seeker would be to blatantly ignore the fact that devs have "tweaked" their damage output. Obviously this has gone ignored by the seeker community but from a sins perspective I went from being a 2 shot vs a rank8 plus 10 seeker to now being a two shot with dew of star protection pot enabled -,- I don't know about you ... But to me there is something wrong there all togetherb:shocked

I've been playing pwi for about 5 years now in total. And before any sins skills came out the first thing I went for was sage as I read the translations for the skills. Yes I saw the sage tidal as something that could infact help if I had the gear to support having to take the extra hits. Yes 66% is just what it needs to be. I based my selection on the game itself and other skills that work better with an above 50% chance. So in effect if the community demands that this one skill be tweaked. Then as part of this community I would have to demand ALL skills with an above 50% chance rating be tweaked as well. Please understand the game mechanics before rage qqing about a certain skill.

But don't be fooled. I have infact been permanently stun locked by BM's on multiple occasions with sage tidal. It was a FML moment but as the skill says, "it's just a chance". The skill itself does not "work better" now after the expansion. You're just seeing a lot of new sage sins coming out of the woodwork and more chances to see the skill in action.

Being that 99.9% of all sins are super squishy I find it appauling that seekers in this thread have the gal to qq about a non-factorial skill such as tidal. I mean even the seeker in this thread Zeon from my server has found several ways around the skill. Which by proxy means he knows how to play this game. Which also means you "qqing seekers" need to learn the game mechanics or gtfo. Like the GM's always say "Adapt or uninstall".

I'm just throwing this out there. The seekers in my faction on my server have no problem taking r9 +12 sins ... why is that? When they are only r8 with +7 refines ? Because they know how to play. Take a page out of the book of harshlands and you'll have found you've learned something.

-End.b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    postimg.org/image/6u8f8sdtt/
  • jassyluv
    jassyluv Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Lol at sins playing the victim when someone else gets nerfed in their favor....
    ignore the fact that devs have "tweaked" their damage output.

Oh and seeker friend said nothng has changed in the descriptions of skills...or their physical attack numbers....and majority say in faction they feel no change... so you know somthing we all don't?
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    @SyntherosX: You think that being 2 shot is bad? A level 100 sin killed me using a 3*, level 1 dagger.... So, yeah...like you said for the seekers, I'm saying it to you as well now...something is wrong with that altogether.

66% chance to ignore a characters ability to kite, and debuff is a huge number. Being a cleric player myself, all of my kiting abilities are seals. Cyclone is the only other method, and you can ignore that as well.

Also, Tidal is not non-factorial. It is in fact, A HUGE factor. Having an antistun that resists nearly everything at anytime is not a non factor. It is in fact a huge factor, and one that every class needs to be aware of...and that's just one of the many OP skills/advantages that assassins have.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Haruzi - Lost City
    Haruzi - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    OMG!

66% tidal gonna be even more useful than I thought b:cute

Also, I think its fair... Seekers has a monstrous defense, monster defLvls and hit a quite hard on sins. Its fair enough.

Now, stop QQing.

The way its supposed to be is LA<HA even if you are the Sin class of the game.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The way its supposed to be is LA<HA even if you are the Sin class of the game.

Agreed.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Haruzi - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Well even more typical of a seeker would be to blatantly ignore the fact that devs have "tweaked" their damage output. Obviously this has gone ignored by the seeker community but from a sins perspective I went from being a 2 shot vs a rank8 plus 10 seeker to now being a two shot with dew of star protection pot enabled -,- I don't know about you ... But to me there is something wrong there all togetherb:shocked

I've been playing pwi for about 5 years now in total. And before any sins skills came out the first thing I went for was sage as I read the translations for the skills. Yes I saw the sage tidal as something that could infact help if I had the gear to support having to take the extra hits. Yes 66% is just what it needs to be. I based my selection on the game itself and other skills that work better with an above 50% chance. So in effect if the community demands that this one skill be tweaked. Then as part of this community I would have to demand ALL skills with an above 50% chance rating be tweaked as well. Please understand the game mechanics before rage qqing about a certain skill.

But don't be fooled. I have infact been permanently stun locked by BM's on multiple occasions with sage tidal. It was a FML moment but as the skill says, "it's just a chance". The skill itself does not "work better" now after the expansion. You're just seeing a lot of new sage sins coming out of the woodwork and more chances to see the skill in action.

Being that 99.9% of all sins are super squishy I find it appauling that seekers in this thread have the gal to qq about a non-factorial skill such as tidal. I mean even the seeker in this thread Zeon from my server has found several ways around the skill. Which by proxy means he knows how to play this game. Which also means you "qqing seekers" need to learn the game mechanics or gtfo. Like the GM's always say "Adapt or uninstall".

I'm just throwing this out there. The seekers in my faction on my server have no problem taking r9 +12 sins ... why is that? When they are only r8 with +7 refines ? Because they know how to play. Take a page out of the book of harshlands and you'll have found you've learned something.

I find this extremely funny. How can you get two shot by a seeker when my ep (average refine +7) gets three shot (more if they don't use gemeni)? Yes, this is post expansion. Also, I'm one of those supporters for nerfing/aboloshing tidal protection. How is it that a sin w/o their three spark can dispatch most arcane classes in seconds (fair comparison between sin and seeker)? I also think you're failing to mention that those r8+10 seeker probably have grade15 or r9 armor. r8 armor makes seekers squishy if they don't have the right refines.
  • LilWolfy - Heavens Tear
    LilWolfy - Heavens Tear Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Apparently, my faction leader and I have discovered that tidal protection has been buffed a little since pre-expansion. We're not sure if it's been applied to just the two examples we found, but we are sure that these occurrences were not possible before expansion.

Transferred statuses from Quid Pro Quo, the Seeker debuff transfer skill, were unblockable to ANYTHING before expansion. Now the entire move can be blocked by tidal, which results not only in the debuff not going through, but the debuff not leaving the Seeker either.

If anyone else has something to add to this list, please let me know.

Edit: Apparently diminished vigor was blockable before expansion, so it has been removed from the list.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/26674 what more do you want from tidal protection, i mean its already a free plat charm
  • Haruzi - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/26674 what more do you want from tidal protection, i mean its already a free plat charm

I lol'd. Forgot about that free plat charm.
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    XXZeonXx - Harshlands Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Question... in the past (or present) when you tried to QPQ a negative debuff onto someone who had AD immunity on them... would you still be purified once QPQ triggered... even if it wasn't possible to transfer the negative debuff on to them ?

I think the answer to this question would go a long way in understanding out how QPQ really is supposed to work, ijs.
    Pre-expansion, QPQ would still transfer debuffs to AD/IG'd targets, but the silence wouldn't go through. Pre-expansion, tidal could block the silence from QPQ, but not the transferred debuffs. In all situations, no matter what QPQ was used on, the debuff always left the Seeker and ended up on the target, no matter what the target had on them.

One of my questions is, if I can still transfer immobilize to a Sin who's using a vacuity or anti-stun, why is tidal able to block the debuff AND keep it from leaving me?

I would be completely satisfied, at this point, if they just made it so that when tidal blocked QPQ's transfer, the debuffs didn't end up on the Sin but still left the Seeker.
    Badge of courage, find it use it love it....as a seeker trying to defend against tackling slash solely with qpq is impossible, tackling slash has 15 sec cd, while sage qpq cd is 45 sec, you really do need something else anyways.
    I obviously don't JUST use QPQ. I obviously don't get hit by tackling slash once every fifteen seconds. My genie's just fine the way it is in order to combat Sins, and it's very easy to avoid getting tackling slash/APS'd before QPQ's cooldown runs out.
    Kiting, find it use it love it....
    jassyluv wrote: »

Oh and seeker friend said nothng has changed in the descriptions of skills...or their physical attack numbers....and majority say in faction they feel no change... so you know somthing we all don't?
    There has been a significant change in our damage, although it does not show up in the skill descriptions. As someone who PvPs almost every day, I can easily vouch for this.
    Of course, if your Seeker friends weren't doing much damage before, they won't see as much of a change now as those who deal more damage.
    Donate towards my endgame build, please. <3
    pwcalc.com/400d2e22e4b852e2
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    edited February 2012

Just fyi, I've never seen one Seeker out of your faction PvP before except Remed, and he's terrible.

And tidal sure as hell isn't non-factorial.

Regardless, I don't mind tidal typically. When it's on is able to be dealt with, when it's off Sins are hella easy to kill. I don't want it keeping me from purifying myself.
  • Savor - Lost City
    Savor - Lost City Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Can it at least be purged by a veno now?

NO. I rage everyday about failing purge on Sage sins.
    My main was Susamajii The Lost City Barbarian.
  • Deadlife - Lost City
    Deadlife - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2012

If that's really true then the only thing I've learned about HL is that you have an abundance of really crappy cashshopping sins
  • deathrider35
    deathrider35 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    jassyluv wrote: »

Did you even read the patch? AOE buffs no longer cost a mirage, which HAD been updated on skills description...and their increase in damage. I play a seeker and I have felt the damage increase. Learn the play a seeker without relying on only 1 skill...
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    If that's really true then the only thing I've learned about HL is that you have an abundance of really crappy cashshopping sins

It's actually not that hard to do if it's a squishy R9 +12 Sin.
  • jassyluv
    jassyluv Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Did you even read the patch? AOE buffs no longer cost a mirage, which HAD been updated on skills description...and their increase in damage. I play a seeker and I have felt the damage increase. Learn the play a seeker without relying on only 1 skill...

Perhaps you fail at reading, I never said I played seeker?....
    There has been a significant change in our damage, although it does not show up in the skill descriptions. As someone who PvPs almost every day, I can easily vouch for this.
    Of course, if your Seeker friends weren't doing much damage before, they won't see as much of a change now as those who deal more damage.

seeing you level 100... I think I can speculate that you are @ best r8 or some recraft...but doubt over all you do more damage than the r9 seekers that are saying they don't see doodoo for improvement in damage....

speculations are funz yo!....
  • ZackMystic - Harshlands
    ZackMystic - Harshlands Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited February 2012

our server does have alot of idiots though, im a lvl 80 bm and managed to beat a 97 mystic and 101 r8 sin in open pvp, stupid sin thought auto attack and drinkin a latte relaxin would kill meh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    95 BM ZackBlade
    Retired in March 2012, thx DarkNova for the fun.
    Exiirah made this purely awesome signature b:pleased Many thanks to her
  • X\_Tegus_/X - Harshlands
    X\_Tegus_/X - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Bullsh!t . You insisted that it can be seen whether or not someone is wearing a charm when you ''player info'' them , and now we're supposed to believe this ?
  • Haruzi - Lost City
    edited February 2012

Veno in our guild was saying the same thing about Rico's tidalb:chuckle
  • Deadlife - Lost City
    edited February 2012

Again I disagree.

Few reasons, first reason is that I dont beleive Ive ever seen a squishy r9 +12 sin, so again my comment about HL sins sucking must hold true. how is it that a r9 +12 sin is squishy? Of all the r9 sins Ive come across that even just tote only the ring and weapon have +10 everything else including ornaments, and most of them have DoTs or vit stones sharded and sitting with 12K + hp. I wont even comment on the ones that are full r9 +10-12...

Now I am a rank 8 seeker, my wep is +7 and my armor and ornaments are all +5-6 I wear NV helm/cape, have 95% of my skills saged including mastery and adrenal numbness and I play it as my main, and have since EG expansion. I leveled up my character quite thoroughly. never touching frosts til my 80s. I consider myself to be quite knowledgable playing my class. and I have yet, even with pots, genie skills and your so called kiting been able to even put a dent on a r9 +12 sin before they just destroy me.

most r9 sins can kill me in 2 crits, or one shot me if they zerk crit 2 sparked out of stealth which as we know most fail people do. now I know I have a modest 7.8k hp which is not the best. but 8k+ zerk crits from r9 +12 sins against HA even with 38 defense levels is not unheard of. and while they carry that kind of firepower, while I will take on average 3-4 shots of critting while they are amped to get through their tidal protection, charm, deaden nerves, IG, domains, and even then I dont see a r8 +7 seeker doing enough damage to get through all of that before a r9 sin laughs, goes afk for a sec to tell his buddies on skype just how OP he is and then facerolls his KB for yet another victory.

I dont care what you will say at this point to be honest cause I just dont beleive it.
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited February 2012

It's not like all the sage sins aren't in your faction anyway...
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited February 2012

I can count the number of people in your faction who actually solo PvP on one hand. You can't seriously be trying to justify tidal of all the unrealistic advantages sins have in PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    Again I disagree.

Few reasons, first reason is that I dont beleive Ive ever seen a squishy r9 +12 sin, so again my comment about HL sins sucking must hold true. how is it that a r9 +12 sin is squishy? Of all the r9 sins Ive come across that even just tote only the ring and weapon have +10 everything else including ornaments, and most of them have DoTs or vit stones sharded and sitting with 12K + hp. I wont even comment on the ones that are full r9 +10-12...

Now I am a rank 8 seeker, my wep is +7 and my armor and ornaments are all +5-6 I wear NV helm/cape, have 95% of my skills saged including mastery and adrenal numbness and I play it as my main, and have since EG expansion. I leveled up my character quite thoroughly. never touching frosts til my 80s. I consider myself to be quite knowledgable playing my class. and I have yet, even with pots, genie skills and your so called kiting been able to even put a dent on a r9 +12 sin before they just destroy me.

most r9 sins can kill me in 2 crits, or one shot me if they zerk crit 2 sparked out of stealth which as we know most fail people do. now I know I have a modest 7.8k hp which is not the best. but 8k+ zerk crits from r9 +12 sins against HA even with 38 defense levels is not unheard of. and while they carry that kind of firepower, while I will take on average 3-4 shots of critting while they are amped to get through their tidal protection, charm, deaden nerves, IG, domains, and even then I dont see a r8 +7 seeker doing enough damage to get through all of that before a r9 sin laughs, goes afk for a sec to tell his buddies on skype just how OP he is and then facerolls his KB for yet another victory.

I dont care what you will say at this point to be honest cause I just dont beleive it.

lulz
    I'm not R8 + 7. I wouldn't expect an R8 +7 Seeker to kill a full +10 armor Sin. I don't doubt that you're good at your class. I'm just making you aware of the fact that it's not impossible to kill well refined R9 +12/10 dagger Sins as a non-R9 Seeker, and that it has been done many times before.

There are plenty of Sins on our server who don't completely +10 their APS gear before +12ing their R9 dagger. I have a +10 first cast NV dual blade, so my DPH is a bit higher than yours. But I also use O'Malley's and Krav Maga, so I have 55 defense levels and 7.6k HP. Most of my gear is +5/+4 TT90/95 molds, and I have 55 base vit. I'm also nearly always charmed during PvP.

I'm sure you know this, but the primary goal is to survive their initial attack, and not to take much damage after without having your genie ready to save you (don't get caught.) Part of the reason I do so well against Sins is because I have an OP genie. 85 LP fully geared with 114 vit and some large amount of magic. Expel, AD, fortify, holy path, elemental immunes, etc.

I normally have a chance at killing R9 Sins unless they're fully +10 AND sharded with vit stones/JoSD. Fully buffed ones are also quite difficult. But ones who don't have a large amount of refines are just as squishy as the average Sins.

I'm not going to try to tell you how to play your class. I'm sure you know how.

I'm not going to try to convince you of anything I said. It's not that important to me whether you believe or not.

Just be aware that with R8 +10, or NV +10, or maybe a little less, it's possible.
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    I can count the number of people in your faction who actually solo PvP on one hand. You can't seriously be trying to justify tidal of all the unrealistic advantages sins have in PvP.

Where in the world did you get so many posts from?
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    a non-factorial skill such as tidal.

yes because that makes perfect sense
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Where in the world did you get so many posts from?
    you should see the guy with the 9k post count
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited February 2012

learn the game mechanics or gtfo
    Because they know how to play.

Lol, this coming from a goon-glitched 105 sin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Also, I think its fair

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

good one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Deadlife - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    lulz
    I'm not R8 + 7. I wouldn't expect an R8 +7 Seeker to kill a full +10 armor Sin.

I'm not going to try to convince you of anything I said. It's not that important to me whether you believe or not.

Just be aware that with R8 +10, or NV +10, or maybe a little less, it's possible.

But the only reason I quoted you was cause you quoted me stating it was possible for a r8 +7 to kill a r9 +12 sin. or at least thats what you implied cause when I said it was impossible it was me quoting syntherosx post stating that there r8+7 seekers in there faction kill r9 +12 sins all the time.

hence my comment to yours and etcetera and so on and so forth. but i got ya.
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'm going to go ahead and say this thread is just another QQ Sin OP attempt, Tidal Protection remains as it was before expansion with no alters, and Quid Pro Quo has been tweaked to only not bounce Max HP Debuffs (thanks to me o.-)

I ran numerous tests with an Assassin friend who Tidal Protected and Tackling Slashed three times in a row and i was still able to Quid Pro Quo the debuff and the seal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCrApgFaZ-s

I also ran tests earlier in the day and debuffs can still be transferred to otherwise resisted targets (Anti-stun on assassin didn't stop paralyze reflect) and Ironguard and AD both still were debuffed with the Paralyze and seal even whilst in the immune states.

Also from my new speed run nirvana video they can still be transferred to otherwise immune bosses and NPCs.

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    I'm going to go ahead and say this thread is just another QQ Sin OP attempt, Tidal Protection remains as it was before expansion with no alters, and Quid Pro Quo has been tweaked to only not bounce Max HP Debuffs (thanks to me o.-)

I ran numerous tests with an Assassin friend who Tidal Protected and Tackling Slashed three times in a row and i was still able to Quid Pro Quo the debuff and the seal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCrApgFaZ-s

I also ran tests earlier in the day and debuffs can still be transferred to otherwise resisted targets (Anti-stun on assassin didn't stop paralyze reflect) and Ironguard and AD both still were debuffed with the Paralyze and seal even whilst in the immune states.

Also from my new speed run nirvana video they can still be transferred to otherwise immune bosses and NPCs.

b:surrender

I would urge you to do more than three tests with your Assassin friend. Everyone knows that the typical chance of tidal working is 50%, so three tries is not accurate at all.
    I personally tested this with a Sin last night, and it has been proven that tidal can block the entire move. I'll make a video when I can.

As for AD/IG, I wasn't sure if they changed that aspect, but I doubted they did. Thanks for confirming that they didn't.

And yes, anti-stun still can't block anything, and neither can immune bosses, etc. Nobody was questioning this in this topic.

The only thing that has changed is that tidal protection can now block QPQ from transferring at all.

Edit: Also, both pre-expansion and post expansion, when tidal has blocked QPQ, the seal has NEVER gone through. You may need to delete your video, because tidal never proc'd during it. When it does, you'll see my point.