Descent - Official Skills and Information

Options

Comments

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Does the Saturday Public Event have any prizes beyond Prestige / Influence? Does it have a ranking like the Tiger Event?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Does the Saturday Public Event have any prizes beyond Prestige / Influence? Does it have a ranking like the Tiger Event?

It has a rank but everyone above 100 contrib gets same reward (just prestige + influence).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I've made a video recording of the new instance inside Morai, Endless Universe;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae7W4SX6lsk

Its not a walkthrough just a run-through of what we did inside and such there's links to the guide made by Suaver too b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    Zanir - Lothranis Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I know it's impossible for anyone to know on PWI servers as there's no possible way to have 2k+ Prestige yet, but I was wondering if those of you who also play on PWCN could confirm some stuff about the armor and weapons available from the different orders. When viewing the item from either of the two NPCs that sell them it shows not only a cost in regards to Influence, but also a price. Boots for example have an Influence cost of 250 points and a Price of 5,250,000.

My question here is (and yes the answer seems obvious, but I'd like some confirmation anyways): Is the Price listed an amount of coins that also need to be paid to obtain the armor or is it only the Influence that we have to pay to obtain these items? As I said, the obvious answer would be that it costs not only the 250 Influence but also 5,250,000 coin as well, but again, confirmation would be great. Thanks.
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I know it's impossible for anyone to know on PWI servers as there's no possible way to have 2k+ Prestige yet, but I was wondering if those of you who also play on PWCN could confirm some stuff about the armor and weapons available from the different orders. When viewing the item from either of the two NPCs that sell them it shows not only a cost in regards to Influence, but also a price. Boots for example have an Influence cost of 250 points and a Price of 5,250,000.

My question here is (and yes the answer seems obvious, but I'd like some confirmation anyways): Is the Price listed an amount of coins that also need to be paid to obtain the armor or is it only the Influence that we have to pay to obtain these items? As I said, the obvious answer would be that it costs not only the 250 Influence but also 5,250,000 coin as well, but again, confirmation would be great. Thanks.

You have to pay the coin as well. You can tell if you buy the easy-books, they cost 105k each (Or for multiple book classes, total approximately that.).
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    Zanir - Lothranis Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Ah, ok. Didn't even think of that. Should have thought of that. Thank you.
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Thanks (;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • GilgamCly - Raging Tide
    GilgamCly - Raging Tide Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Nice info, but I always wonder why game information guides are posted here instead of in the PW WIKI where they should be. I think of the forumas a Discussion medium not an information medium. Anyway check out the Morai page in the PW WIKI and add information if you want.
    Rise to Become Mighty so on the Wings of the Leviathan We will Soar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Nice info, but I always wonder why game information guides are posted here instead of in the PW WIKI where they should be. I think of the forumas a Discussion medium not an information medium. Anyway check out the Morai page in the PW WIKI and add information if you want.

Very true. Unfortunately very few people go to the wiki first. Plenty of people ask questions on the forums directly answered by the wiki.

Putting the guide on the forums was to hedge off the dozens of threads people would otherwise start asking the same questions. Eventually I expect the information to be transferred to the wiki like many forum guides are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Namike - Heavens Tear
    Namike - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Treasure Hunter

There is a new Treasure Hunter chinmei NPC that has appeared in South Archosaur and other cities. Pay him 88k and he will give you a treasure map. Click the map to see a spot somewhere in the world with a red X. If you find this spot a chest will appear that you can dig and summon a mob. If you are having trouble finding the spot in-game you can try looking for it on this large map: http://ecatomb.net/carte/world2-hd.jpg

The summoned mob has a chance to drop a higher level map or rare materials for g12 / g14 ornaments (crafted at the Treasure Hunter). The mob gets progressively harder with higher and higher level treasure maps up to map level 5. The 5th mob is difficult and you may need a squad to help you kill him but he drops the rarest and most expensive mats.
    I've been trying this out on multiple chars, and one observation I've made is if you keep at this every day, you get to go to the next map on the next day. However, if you skip a day, you don't get anything and have to start from map 1 again. I'm not sure if this is 100% accurate, but it's what I've observed so far.
  • Lnferno - Dreamweaver
    Lnferno - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    bump this thread needs a sticky since its falling so far down on the pages.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    "1000 prestige - a 2 hour blessing for 5 influence
    Corona - +10 Slaying Level
    Shroud - +10% XP
    Luminance - +10 Warding Level"

I'm at 1060 Prestige and I can't find this D: Is it somewhere unobvious?
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Bump because I can.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    "1000 prestige - a 2 hour blessing for 5 influence
    Corona - +10 Slaying Level
    Shroud - +10% XP
    Luminance - +10 Warding Level"

I'm at 1060 Prestige and I can't find this D: Is it somewhere unobvious?

Bah nevermind about that.. that is another thing that they had in the chinese version that was removed from our version :(

Removed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Bah nevermind about that.. that is another thing that they had in the chinese version that was removed from our version :(

Removed.

It'll make it to the cash shop soon enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It'll make it to the cash shop soon enough.

Yah, they'll probably put the Seals of Longevity that refresh the emissary quests or the Order Tokens that increase the rate at which you gain prestige in the boutique.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I was wondering..

Do chinese have the upgraded Violet Dance, Sword Cyclone etc ? And if yeah, why didn't we get those here ?
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Namike - Heavens Tear
    Namike - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Bumpage, because this guide is epic!
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    This is a good guide helped me with a lot of info. Btw anyone else think the new werewolf models look almost exactly like Worgen from wow?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Urenna - Heavens Tear
    Urenna - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Hello everyone. I got a question about the Order Jades (exp,sp,rep). I searched and couldnt find it although I may have missed it.

Can these be acct stashed?

I am assuming not since the skills and armor cant be. It would be nice though. b:thanks I would check in game myself but I'm at work. b:sad

Btw, ty Asterelle for compiling the info. Good stuff!
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The only tradeable stuff from orders are the level 80 books and the exclusive shards.
    Nothing else can be traded or even stashed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SeverusSnape - Raging Tide
    SeverusSnape - Raging Tide Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Changes to Existing Skills
    - Seeker squad buffs will no longer consume a mirage
    - Quid Pro Quo can no longer transfer the "Decrease Maximum HP" debuff
    - Absolute Domain genie skill is no longer an AOE
    - 5% damage decrease to 4aps and 5aps (confirmed), "20% accuracy decrease" (unobserved)

I just noticed today that my 'Demon Shadow Escape' now dispels all negative status, same as sage version. Even the description is changed. I only checked this vs slow status. If others might further confirm this and tell if our sage version is changed or not ?

Don't know if anyone else mentioned this b:surrender

Edit - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221/1111ox.jpg/
  • Driude - Heavens Tear
    Driude - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I really like the lvl 100 skills...
    unfortunately the lvl 80 skill for some of the classes (especially archer) really arent that great...

Why not make Galvanic Charge a buff for like +5 increase to range and +5% crit rate that lasts about 5 mins? (with cooldown of 5 mins too)

I mean it is great of PWI to release new skills but i would've preferred more selection or better skills...

Thank You If You Listened b:thanks
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I really like the lvl 100 skills...
    unfortunately the lvl 80 skill for some of the classes (especially archer) really arent that great...

Why not make Galvanic Charge a buff for like +5 increase to range and +5% crit rate that lasts about 5 mins? (with cooldown of 5 mins too)

I mean it is great of PWI to release new skills but i would've preferred more selection or better skills...

Thank You If You Listened b:thanks

The level 80 skills weren't meant to be that great. It's a teaser. Most of the lvl 80 skills have an upgraded version at 100, in addition to the other skills. They tease the level 80's with a new, yet lackluster, skill. Thus increasing the chances they will charge to hyper up to lvl 100.

The level 80 versions were nothing more than an attention grabber/sales gimmick.

Make the low levels charge more. Give the current 95+'s a taste of something new so they stick around longer.
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I just noticed today that my 'Demon Shadow Escape' now dispels all negative status, same as sage version. Even the description is changed. I only checked this vs slow status. If others might further confirm this and tell if our sage version is changed or not ?

Don't know if anyone else mentioned this b:surrender

Edit - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221/1111ox.jpg/

I wouldn't listen to it. Lv10 said that for literally a year (And still might, I don't know cos I have Sage) and it was never true.

Hell I wish some of these descriptions weren't wrong however, my Demon Gush says it Reduces Atk Speed by 40% b:dirty
  • Short_Cirkit - Archosaur
    Short_Cirkit - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Hello everyone. I got a question about the Order Jades (exp,sp,rep). I searched and couldnt find it although I may have missed it.

Can these be acct stashed?

I am assuming not since the skills and armor cant be. It would be nice though. b:thanks I would check in game myself but I'm at work. b:sad

Btw, ty Asterelle for compiling the info. Good stuff!
    Now that Descent has finally reached us we can start using official information for our version.

New Features Added in the Descent Expansion

New Map - Morai

http://i.imgur.com/CWeJp.jpg
    A new world of Morai is now accessible from the Spirit Loyan NPC in Elysium village. You have to be level 95+ to enter. The new map is roughly the size of the Earthguard lands added in the Genesis Expansion. After you complete the discovery quest you can enter Morai through the Morai Guide found in major cities.

Joining an Order
    There are 3 orders headquartered in the new map you can align yourself with to gain access to new equipment, items, and skills.

Order of Corona - http://i.imgur.com/zOfBK.png
    Located in Corona Sanctuary in the South East of Morai. To join talk to Corona King Kisian and pay a 200k fee.

Order of Shroud - http://i.imgur.com/EeifG.png
    Located in Shrouded Temple in the North East of Morai. To join talk to Shroud Prophet Mogo and pay a 200k fee.

Order of Luminance - http://i.imgur.com/8v7mu.png
    Located in the Nexus of Luminance mid North of Morai. To join talk to Luminance Lord Gugg and pay a 200k fee.

Once you join an order you gain a new title above your name and the sigil of your order appears next to your portrait.

Acquiring Prestige and Influence
    Joining an order is the first step to acquiring new gears and skills. Each order has their own Prestige and Influence that is particular to that order. Both are acquired through daily and weekly quests.

Gaining prestige with an order unlocks access to new items and equipment which you acquire by spending influence and coins.

Divine Quests
    Each Order has their own divine emissary. Before talking to the Emissary you have to pick up a Divine Order of Longevity from your Order's leader. This is what lets you get quests from the Emissary. You can pick up 2 white Divine Quests per day or 1 purple Divine Quest (same total prestige either way).

White Quest = 20 Prestige / 10 influence
    Purple Quest = 40 Prestige / 20 influence

Hour Quest
    Once a day you can pick up a timed quest from the Lieutenant of your Order. This quest must be completed in one hour and awards 25 prestige and 10 influence.

Wraith Slayer Missive
    The leader of your order will offer you a Wraith Slayer Missive. For a squad with at least 1 member from each of the other orders and the squad leader can pick up a Wraith Slaying quest from the order leader.

Completing this quests gives 60 Prestige and no influence. This can be done once per week and resets early Monday at midnight server time.

Saturday Public Event
    There is a weekly public event every Saturday at 6:30 PM server time available from your Order's Lieutenant. Collectively 300 mobs have to be killed followed by a boss. Every order has their own separate public quest.

You need a minimum of 100 contribution points to get the award of 80 prestige and 30 influence. Everyone that does this minimum or better will receive the same reward regardless of rank.

If you perform all of your daily's and the weekly's you will be acquiring 595 Prestige and 240 influence a week.

Leaving an Order
    To leave an Order you have to talk to the leader of that order. Once you leave you sacrifice 5% of your accumulated prestige and influence with that order and can not join another Order for 1 day. You cannot leave another Order for 7 days after you leave an order.

New Instance - Endless Universe (Thanks go to Suaver - RT for this section)
    http://i.imgur.com/NHWwz.jpg
    A new instance is accessible in Morai called Endless Universe accessible from the Altar of Shades. You can enter this instance with a 10 person squad! This is a ONCE a day instance.

Requirements:
    You must enter Morai, and complete the complete list of YELLOW Legendary quests. If you're having problems finding them, check your Available Quests section of your Quest Log.

Upon completion of the last quest on the chain, you will be asked to visit the Elder of 1000 Streams. When you do, be sure to pick up the Purple quest from him. Reenter Morai and follow its chain. It will bring you to the entrance npc of the new instance. Be sure to have "[Tuc Su Toxin]" in your inventory. Do NOT enter the instance until you have assembled a squad for this. It's once per day, and you will not be allowed back in if you leave after entering once. You're ready to find a squad. You MUST have at LEAST 8 people in order to start this new instance.

Click here for a walkthrough of the new instance

At the end you are rewarded with either 360k xp or a chest with a chance of holding the new G13 PVE gear.

New Equipment
    The new equipment available in Descent has two new stats not seen in other equipment
    Slaying Level - Increases damage done to monsters (but not players)
    Warding Level - Reduces damage taken from monsters (but not players)

The benefit from these do not simply add with normal attack levels. The benefit multiplies. So if you get +30% damage from normal attack levels and +40% damage from slaying levels, together you won't have +70% damage (addition) but instead you will have +82% more damage since 1.3 * 1.4 = 1.82.

In general this gear comes with low base stats but the Slaying Levels and Warding Levels make them pretty good for PVE. The refinement bonus is pretty good but due to the low base stats these are probably unsuitable for PVP.

The new equipment comes in 3 grades, this gear can not be traded or account stashed..

G12 - You get this set for free from the yellow discovery quest. The weapon comes with +45 Slaying Level.

G13 - Obtainable from the final Chest in the Endless Universe instance
    G13 weapon = 3% chance, G13 armor = 17% chance. The weapon comes with +50 Slaying Level.

G15 - You can get this gear from your order. The full set is unlocked after obtaining 5,000 prestige. This gear comes with random stats that you can reroll by buying reroll mats with influence. The quality of the random adds is pretty high, it's on par with Nirvana G15 but don't expect to see any -interval anywhere. All of the weapons come with +60 Slaying Level.

The G15 gear is spread out across the 3 Orders. (credit to Korren for information here)
    You unlock more and more of this gear as you accumulate Prestige.

G15 Boots = 2000 prestige requirement + 250 influence cost + 5.25m coin
    G15 Wrist = 2500 prestige requirement + 250 influence cost + 5.25m coin
    G15 Helm = 4000 prestige requirement + 340 influence cost + 7.14m coin
    G15 Pants = 4500 prestige requirement + 340 influence cost + 7.14m coin
    G15 Chest = 5000 prestige requirement + 340 influence cost + 7.14m coin
    G15 Weapon = 5000 prestige requirement + 900 influence cost + 17.64m coin

Order of Corona
    G15 Arcane Armors
    G15 Daggers, Bow

Order of the Shroud
    G15 Heavy Armors
    G15 Arcane Weapons

Order of Luminance
    G15 Light Armors
    G15 Pole/Sword/Axes (No Fists / Claws)

This should be sticky
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    This should be sticky

Nobody reads stickies
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Don't know if it's been mentioned with the wraithslayer missive, but apparently people can be turned into the little mole rats. XD I just found that humorous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • StreamElf - Sanctuary
    StreamElf - Sanctuary Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Thx for the info, there's just some thing that i don't get.

You have to be lvl 95 to enter Morai. In Morai you can join an order. You need to join an order before you can get the skills. So basically the skills require lvl 95? Even though they say that it requires lvl 80? Or did i read it wrong?
    8x Cleric (Sanctuary)
    6x Veno (Sanctuary)
    5x Assasin (Harshlands)
    3x Archer (Sanctuary)
  • Grushdeva - Dreamweaver
    Grushdeva - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Thx for the info, there's just some thing that i don't get.

You have to be lvl 95 to enter Morai. In Morai you can join an order. You need to join an order before you can get the skills. So basically the skills require lvl 95? Even though they say that it requires lvl 80? Or did i read it wrong?

The level 80 skill books are trade-able. which means you can get them with a higher toon or buy them from someone else. if you dont have a higher toon and cant afford to buy the book, then yes you will need to be 95.
This discussion has been closed.