Rank 8/9 Recasts

Comments

• Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    One gathering of items + your r8 and you have random stat G15 to reroll. There is no "stage 1."

Good to hear. Skipping the extra stage potentially should make this much easier to farm.
    What short end of the stick you get in fists you just got a blessing with adv purge axes for TW. >_>

Oh I'm sure those who TW will be grinning from ear to ear. But for those who PvE and 1 vs 1 Pk... no question Sins with their GoF R8 fists have now moved much further up the damage ladder while everyone else is pretty much stuck on the same rung.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Good to hear. Skipping the extra stage potentially should make this much easier to farm.

Oh I'm sure those who TW will be grinning from ear to ear. But for those who PvE and 1 vs 1 Pk... no question Sins with their GoF R8 fists have now moved much further up the damage ladder while everyone else is pretty much stuck on the same rung.

Sins with r8 fists we're all doomed. b:shocked

It will not be much easier to farm at all. I consider all the quest chains to be roughly delta length time wise. 1 run = 1 coin (90 coins = 1 token of 15 you need for weapon). You get 1 or 2 (depends on quest) "pack(s)" per completion of said quest chain with a .75% chance to get 3 of the tokens needed to get the weapon. This is the rarest of the mats, but as you can see that's THE ONLY 2 ways to get it and that's not going to be fun.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    BM's already 90% support. I don't think I can bare throwing away my last 10% of pew pew by using axes with adv purge instead of GoF. There's something about dropping a zerk HF and watch everything burn.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    BM's already 90% support. I don't think I can bare throwing away my last 10% of pew pew by using axes with adv purge instead of GoF. There's something about dropping a zerk HF and watch everything burn.

but think of the following hit with +12 2 drake's and everyone purged. b:chuckle
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Sins with r8 zerk fists we're all doomed. b:shocked

Fixed it for ya.

Meh... you already have R9 axes if I understand correctly ?

What's to stop you from having both R9 axe and R8 purge axe (unless you happened to have chosen R8 pole b:shocked ) on hot key ?

Purge with one and then kill with the other.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Fixed it for ya.

What's to stop you from having both R9 axe and R8 purge axe (unless you happened to have chosen R8 pole b:shocked ) on hot key ?

Because you'd be sacrificing your pew pew super hax zerk damage to purge people. HF zerk crits are sexy, HF purge hits are just "Hey thanks mister BM, now we take all the super awesome hits and you just keep purging buddy!"
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2011

Sadly, I have 2 pairs of GoF axes, Nirvana (made before R9 sale) and R9. I already chose pole =[.
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    thats what she said

They should implement a "like" button on this forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Still working on quests part to see how many you can do when it's activated 3 times a week. b:surrender
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Thank you Traz for all the info regarding r8/9 recasts you had compiled and is sharing with us/keeping us updated, and a few other people too. I very much appreciate it. b:thanks I think this is something that the gms should have done too, instead of keeping us in the dark until the very end. But, what ever.

Just saw the pictures you had linked in the first post, those recast weapons look pretty neat to own.

Is it just me who thinks that the recast claymore that the seeker has in this picture (scroll down to the very last) is a bit too huge? If the toon was standing on the ground, 1/3 of the claymore would be hidden in the ground.

b:laugh
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I'm gonna send the pwdatabase guy an email to see if he can fix it.
    Yep, it was error. Fixed now.
    If you have any otehr suggestions feel free to ask.

Well that was easy lol...

Now we have the missing percentages from nirvana gear: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25665

and
    the r8 recast weapons: http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/items/32263
    and the armor: http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/items/32276

How come no one emailed him before <_<

LA Chest -int = 1.47%
    HA Chest -int = 1.37%
    LA Boot -int = .15%
    HA Boot -int = .15%

With 3 stats per armor:
    LA Chest
    Chance of 1 x -.05 int = 4.28% : 1 in 23 chance
    Chance of 2 x -.05 int = .064% : 1 in 1566 chance
    Chance of 3 x -.05 int = .0003% : 1 in 314,810 chance

HA Chest
    Chance of 1 x -.05 int = 4.1% : 1 in 25 chance
    Chance of 2 x -.05 int = .055% : 1 in 1800 chance
    Chance of 3 x -.05 int = .000257% : 1 in 388,900 chance

LA/HA Boots
    Chance of 1 x -.05 int = .45% : 1 in 223 chance
    Chance of 2 x -.05 int = .0007% : 1 in 148,370 chance
    Chance of 3 x -.05 int = .00000034% : 1 in 296,296,296 chance

EDIT. Lol the chance for interval on daggers / fist isnt .6%.. its 0.13% have fun with that.. Really the only people that will be benefiting from more interval is going to be BMs with a 1 in 25 chance of interval on the chest. There's not going to be any other reasonable -int
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Thank you Traz for all the info regarding r8/9 recasts you had compiled and is sharing with us/keeping us updated, and a few other people too. I very much appreciate it. b:thanks I think this is something that the gms should have done too, instead of keeping us in the dark until the very end. But, what ever.

Just saw the pictures you had linked in the first post, those recast weapons look pretty neat to own.

Is it just me who thinks that the recast claymore that the seeker has in this picture (scroll down to the very last) is a bit too huge? If the toon was standing on the ground, 1/3 of the claymore would be hidden in the ground.

b:laugh

No need for a plow now, just hire a seeker b:chuckle
  • hiddenmonkey
    hiddenmonkey Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Not sure I understand your recasting costs for r9.

Wines are only 10 tokens not 20, and tokens only average about 10-11k per. So I'm not sure how you get 400 mill for a 40m calculation.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Not sure I understand your recasting costs for r9.

Wines are only 10 tokens not 20, and tokens only average about 10-11k per. So I'm not sure how you get 400 mill for a 40m calculation.

I think you have one 0 missing from your calculation.

Recasting Costs
    You will need wedding candies which are only available if you get married or through tokens. This put the cost around 100m per armor piece and 400m for the weapon. Chienkuns will not be required in the recasting process for rank 9 pieces.

Weapon Recast Cost
    2,000 wedding candies (20 Tokens = 2 Wedding Wines = 1 Wedding Candy)
    2,000 candies * 20 tokens * 10,000 coins = 400,000,000

Armor Recast Cost
    500 wedding candies (20 Tokens = 2 Wedding Wines = 1 Wedding Candy)

• PhantomThief - Archosaur
    PhantomThief - Archosaur Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    2,000 = 3 zeros
    20 = 1 zero
    10,000 = 4 zeros

Total zeros = 8

40,000,000 = 7 zeros
    400,000,000 = 8 zeros

You tell me which is the right answer =D
    A sword can cut a man in twain, but words can shake a fortress to the ground.
  • OObircheyOo - Lost City
    OObircheyOo - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    So I am still a little confused? So as soon as we upgrade R8 Sin chest we lose -0.10 b:shocked
    edited October 2011
    So I am still a little confused? So as soon as we upgrade R8 Sin chest we lose -0.10 b:shocked

Since the adds are listed like on Nirvana gear, I'm going to say yes. You will lose the -0.1 already on the armor. However, the recasted R8 has a set bonus of that, so you could add boots, wrists, and top with a total of -0.15, which could but you exactly where you were before with Ashura pieces. You'd be out the pants -int, unless you got it on your R8 pants as well.
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I'm getting less and less excited about r8 recast all the time. The cost and the chances mean I'm better off sticking with r8/nirvana for my aps then spending so much to get right where i was in the first place
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • superfeng
    superfeng Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    LA Chest -int = 1.47%
    HA Chest -int = 1.37%

With 3 stats per armor:
    LA Chest
    HA Chest

How exactly did you get the 4.28% and 4.1% from the 1.47% and 1.37%??
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    I'm getting less and less excited about r8 recast all the time. The cost and the chances mean I'm better off sticking with r8/nirvana for my aps then spending so much to get right where i was in the first place

For r8 recast, I think it would still cost less than a piece of nirvana equipment (1 for 1). You are upgrading it to G15, and can have better stats on weapon and the set bonus is almost as good as nirvana.

Unfortunately, I think this might kill the game (even more). During 2x, all people do is spam nirvana, lunar and TTs for the mats. With this r8 recast, it will diminish the need for the mats from those instances. TT set, Nirvana set, Lunar set...all will be obsolete (in terms of gears for the middle class). When their demand goes down, so will their value. Then more people will just stop farming those instances as a way to obtain coins.

b:shedtear
    edited October 2011
    For r8 recast, I think it would still cost less than a piece of nirvana equipment (1 for 1). You are upgrading it to G15, and can have better stats on weapon and the set bonus is almost as good as nirvana.

Unfortunately, I think this might kill the game (even more). During 2x, all people do is spam nirvana, lunar and TTs for the mats. With this r8 recast, it will diminish the need for the mats from those instances. TT set, Nirvana set, Lunar set...all will be obsolete (in terms of gears for the middle class). When their demand goes down, so will their value. Then more people will just stop farming those instances as a way to obtain coins.

I think the Guild base instance can only be run 3 times a week apparently and most of the mats I see on pwdb are from quest rewards and not drops I think.

The only real game changers I see alot of people going for are BMs going for a -.05 R8 recast chest to get 5.0 unsparked and for Clerics / Venos / maybe Psychics getting R8 recast Purify-Spell weapon. There isn't anything really that special for anyone else that you can't get from nirvana.

Other people like me are just gonna buy up tokens to spam wedding candies for R9 recast only for PWE to come out with a massive wedding candy sale later just to troll us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    edited October 2011

Thus ending the game...

But, it does add the opportunity for people to sell the recast mats. Also, TT won't be completely done for. People will still need gear from 60-90, unless they plvl from lvl 1 <,<

And who knows, maybe they will have a 3rd cast Nirvana.

On a side note, I'm interested to see how this will play out in PWC. They don't get rank gear very often. Its mostly about Nirvana over there. What will they end up doing when people over there start getting this stuff?
  • Deteriorate - Harshlands
    Deteriorate - Harshlands Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    superfeng wrote: »
    How exactly did you get the 4.28% and 4.1% from the 1.47% and 1.37%??

3 tries a chest, so the actual chance of getting one -.05 is higher unlike the chance to get it per add-slot.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    I think the Guild base instance can only be run 3 times a week apparently and most of the mats I see on pwdb are from quest rewards and not drops I think.

The only real game changers I see alot of people going for are BMs going for a -.05 R8 recast chest to get 5.0 unsparked and for Clerics / Venos / maybe Psychics getting R8 recast Purify-Spell weapon. There isn't anything really that special for anyone else that you can't get from nirvana.

Other people like me are just gonna buy up tokens to spam wedding candies for R9 recast only for PWE to come out with a massive wedding candy sale later just to troll us.

Unless it was a mistake in the 1st posting, HA pieces can obtain -1~3% channeling too. Good for seekers b:dirty
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Well that was easy lol...

Now we have the missing percentages from nirvana gear: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25665

and
    the r8 recast weapons: http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/items/32263
    and the armor: http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/items/32276

How come no one emailed him before <_<

LA Chest -int = 1.47%
    HA Chest -int = 1.37%
    LA Boot -int = .15%
    HA Boot -int = .15%

With 3 stats per armor:
    LA Chest
    Chance of 2 x -.05 int = .064% : 1 in 1566 chance
    Chance of 3 x -.05 int = .0003% : 1 in 314,810 chance

HA Chest
    Chance of 2 x -.05 int = .055% : 1 in 1800 chance
    Chance of 3 x -.05 int = .000257% : 1 in 388,900 chance

LA/HA Boots
    Chance of 1 x -.05 int = .45% : 1 in 223 chance
    Chance of 2 x -.05 int = .0007% : 1 in 148,370 chance
    Chance of 3 x -.05 int = .00000034% : 1 in 296,296,296 chance

EDIT. Lol the chance for interval on daggers / fist isnt .6%.. its 0.13% have fun with that.. Really the only people that will be benefiting from more interval is going to be BMs with a 1 in 25 chance of interval on the chest. There's not going to be any other reasonable -int

DAMN IT AST giving me more work to do QQ. I'll update first posts soon, oh and so much for all those kiddies that thought getting r8 gof -int was going to be a walk in the park. b:laugh

I'd probably still go for the bow / axes / sword though. You forgot barbs really benefit too. My barb will now be going for chestplate as first priority and I'll be 5.0 sage (then G15 claws 4.0 base with revenge and 5.0 with revenge sage bp with windshield). :D
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• X\_Tegus_/X - Harshlands
    X\_Tegus_/X - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Thus ending the game...

But, it does add the opportunity for people to sell the recast mats. Also, TT won't be completely done for. People will still need gear from 60-90, unless they plvl from lvl 1 <,<

On a side note, I'm interested to see how this will play out in PWC. They don't get rank gear very often. Its mostly about Nirvana over there. What will they end up doing when people over there start getting this stuff?

welcome to perfect world...
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Thus ending the game...

PWC does have a 3rd cast vana, they just have not or much more likely will not release it here, hell PW Brazil and Australia the newest of all the servers already have all of this stuff, and PW Russia got the EG, bases the rank recast and EG r9 in one giant update not too long ago if and when we get this stuff will be when the China devs deam us worthy, when ever the hell that will be
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
    edited October 2011
    PWC does have a 3rd cast vana, they just have not or much more likely will not release it here

Now that we can easily see PW-CN gear in PWDB it's easy to squash rumors like this.

Compare these:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25665
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/items/25665

There is no 3rd cast in the chinese version.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Now that we can easily see PW-CN gear in PWDB it's easy to squash rumors like this.

Compare these:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25665
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/items/25665

There is no 3rd cast in the chinese version.

It might come out soon who knows.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Thus ending the game...

Its a proven scientific fact that any large update (and many of the smaller ones) spells the end of the world, in every MMO ever, ever. Read patch speculation threads on any MMO out there if you don't believe me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.