Rank 8/9 Recasts

Comments

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    So for sins, does the set bonus only apply to wrists,chest,boots and legs?

Armor Recast Set Bonus
    The weapon will not count towards the set bonus, so it would be the top, bottoms, boots and sleeves.

how about we try reading next time hmmm?
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • OObircheyOo - Lost City
    OObircheyOo - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Armor Recast Set Bonus
    The weapon will not count towards the set bonus, so it would be the top, bottoms, boots and sleeves.

how about we try reading next time hmmm?

Just read yours, very helpful thanks xD
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I went through the physical weapons to see what can get what... as a key:

God of Frenzy = better version of sacrificial strike (seen on R9 axes)
    Spirit Blackhole = advanced purge (seen on R9 bow)
    ThunderStrike = Freeze + phys/mag defense debuff (seen on Guild Base bow)
    Advanced Darken = Freeze + Seal

Sin Dagger = God of Frenzy
    Seeker Sword = God of Frenzy, Advanced Darken, ThunderStrike
    Archer Bow = Advanced Darken, ThunderStrike, Spirit Blackhole
    Barb Polehammer = God of Frenzy, Advanced Darken, ThunderStrike, Spirit Blackhole
    BM Pole = God of Frenzy, Advanced Darken, ThunderStrike
    BM Dual Sword = God of Frenzy, Advanced Darken, ThunderStrike, Spirit Blackhole
    BM Pole Axe = God of Frenzy, Advanced Darken, ThunderStrike, Spirit Blackhole
    BM Fist = NOTHING

Thoughts: WTF is with so many melee weapons getting spirit blackhole but the bow can't get GoF b:angry
    I can definitely see a lot of BMs switching to a spirit blackhole axe in TW to purge with their AOEs. I'm not sure how popular the new BM fist would be since it can't get revenge like the Nirv g15 claw. There is no set bonus with these weapons so people can choose R9 / Nirvana weapons over these.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011

Barb Polehammer = God of Frenzy, Advanced Darken, ThunderStrike, Spirit Blackhole
    BM Fist = NOTHING

Thoughts: WTF is with so many melee weapons getting spirit blackhole but the bow can't get GoF b:angry
    I can definitely see a lot of BMs switching to a spirit blackhole axe in TW to purge with their AOEs. I'm not sure how popular the new BM fist would be since it can't get revenge like the Nirv g15 claw. There is no set bonus with these weapons so people can choose R9 / Nirvana weapons over these.

That's pretty much what I said. The fists for bm yet again get absolutely trash. Well, 25 atk lvl and -int on the fists that have a max atk of 1728 (which is like 25 less then g15 claws) is probably the highest damage fist/claws you can get.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

edited October 2011
    That's pretty much what I said. The fists for bm yet again get absolutely trash. Well, 25 atk lvl and -int on the fists that have a max atk of 1728 (which is like 25 less then g15 claws) is probably the highest damage fist/claws you can get.

Ohh didn't see your updated post heh. I'm thinking the only real "game changers" with these new R8 weapons are purify spell on the mag weapons and spirit blackhole on BM / Barb weapons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Ohh didn't see your updated post heh. I'm thinking the only real "game changers" with these new R8 weapons are purify spell on the mag weapons and spirit blackhole on BM / Barb weapons.

I've been keeping up with it the best I can b:sad

The only thing I've been trying to work out are % chances of items. Right now the only percentages I have worked out are the daggers. The 6.2 and the 2 extra magic adds don't total up to 100 but the 3 extra melee ones with the common group do. I'm also not sure what GoF is going to be for all weapons. For nirvana GoF was 2.5% for everything, but it seems as each item has a different amount of unique adds (daggers only extra is GoF so it HAS to be 11.2% for that one) the percentage will obviously have to change to compensate for having more adds.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

edited October 2011
    Im not sure why pwdatabase doesn't show the percentages since you can see them already for low level gear and the percentages are easily visible in sELedit (though manually looking up the stat ids is painful). I'm gonna send the pwdatabase guy an email to see if he can fix it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • monkydluffy
    monkydluffy Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2011

Lol i cant imagine that r8 bow with GOF > every all weap on the game, Tw 1 archer vs 1 faction xD our current state of game dont need this b:laugh, anyway its sad that r8 fist dont get any special effect but im still happy, i want to get some nice new fist with not bad status effect over me

if some 1 can buy mats (lets say they are traddeable) for r8 recast weaps and armor what would be the fair price to buy each?
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Question concerning advanced darken... does anyone have any idea of the % proc rate for freeze and seal ?

Is it the same or higher than the freeze/seal we currently have on Nirv blades ?

I was initially gunning for GoF for my Seeker's R8 sword but if the freeze + seal proc rate is even half decent I may have to change my mind. b:chuckle

And as for the BM's fists... b:sad

In a way it's sad but its also obvious now that the Devs are more determined than ever that there be only one true "melee" class in PW (fishies). Everyone else... play the support role or GTFO.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Question concerning advanced darken... does anyone have any idea of the % proc rate for freeze and seal ?

Is it the same or higher than the freeze/seal we currently have on Nirv blades ?

I was initially gunning for GoF for my Seeker's R8 sword but if the freeze + seal proc rate is even half decent I may have to change my mind. b:chuckle

And as for the BM's fists... b:sad

In a way it's sad but its also obvious now that the Devs are more determined than ever that there be only one true "melee" class in PW (fishies). Everyone else... play the support role or GTFO.

How many (prob 1% of the bm r8 population) do you know that went fists for their weapon choice? And no you wont be able to go back and repick so does it really matter what the fists got?
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    How many (prob 1% of the bm r8 population) do you know that went fists for their weapon choice? And no you wont be able to go back and repick so does it really matter what the fists got?

Nonsense.

A good 80-90% of the BM population who had already picked another weapon choice would have still seriously considered leveling another BM on the same account (yeah like leveling to 100 takes any great length of time in this era of Goons b:lipcurl ) just to get another shot at some R8 GoF fists.

Edit... there also many many BMs out there who never even went the Rank route but rather just went straight for Striking Dragons/G13/Lunar claws or fists and would have now had incentive to invest in R8 had the add-ons been decent.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Nonsense.

A good 80-90% of the BM population who had already picked another weapon choice would have still seriously considered leveling another BM on the same account (yeah like leveling to 100 takes any great length of time in this era of Goons b:lipcurl ) just to get another shot at some R8 GoF fists.

Edit... there also many many BMs out there who never even went the Rank route but rather just went straight for Striking Dragons/G13/Lunar claws or fists and would have now had incentive to invest in R8 had the add-ons been decent.

Damage wise I don't see any other fist/claw that will out DD them despite the lack of superhaxwtfbbqsauce add, so they are still well worth it. I know countless BMs that since rank sale have went and gotten their poleaxes.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Damage wise I don't see any other fist/claw that will out DD them despite the lack of superhaxwtfbbqsauce add, so they are still well worth it. I know countless BMs that since rank sale have went and gotten their poleaxes.

Meh... unless you literally pull the luck of winning a lottery and get the .05 int add-on to your R8 fists, then this most certainly isn't so. G15 fists with revenge will still be tops as far as claw/fist damage goes.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Meh... unless you literally pull the luck of winning a lottery and get the .05 int add-on to your R8 fists, then this most certainly isn't so. G15 fists with revenge will still be tops as far as claw/fist damage goes.

Ummmm it's not THAT omfg hard to get just 1 -int, and you meant claws, fists get ..... beserk. *shutters*
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Ummmm it's not THAT omfg hard to get just 1 -int, and you meant claws, fists get ..... beserk. *shutters*

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't someone post early on that the % chance for 0.05 int. was something like 0.06% ? b:shutup

As for Berserk... there is a reason the aps classes don't like this proc. It may do double damage but its attack speed increase overrides your triple spark.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't someone post early on that the % chance for 0.05 int. was something like 0.06% ? b:shutup

As for Berserk... there is a reason the aps classes don't like this proc. It may do double damage but its attack speed increase overrides your triple spark.

Interval is 0.62% not 0.062% (I don't know if this changes from item to item but it's 100% confirmed for daggers). Beserk doesn't double damage, frenzied rage (adv proc) doubles damage. It's a complete **** skill that will kill you with the mini HF you keep putting on yourself.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

edited October 2011

It doesnt actually do 'double damage'. It does +100% weapon attack (1/5 of what you get with demon spark). It used to be nearly impossible to be 5.0 with these fists since BMs would need full int gear and double -.05 adds to be 5.0.

With R8 recast though a BM can get a -.05 on chest or boot which opens up 3 new builds if they have full int:
    -5.0 unsparked with -.1 fist (sage or demon)
    -5.0 under berserk proc with -.05 g15 fist (sage or demon)
    -5.0 demon sparked with any fist weapon in the game (just demon)

EDIT: I thought Frenzied rage is the same as berserk but procs more often but I don't have experience with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    It doesnt actually do 'double damage'. It does +100% weapon attack (1/5 of what you get with demon spark). It used to be nearly impossible to be 5.0 with these fists since BMs would need full int gear and double -.05 adds to be 5.0.

With R8 recast though a BM can get a -.05 on chest or boot which opens up 3 new builds if they have full int:
    -5.0 unsparked with -.1 fist (sage or demon)
    -5.0 under berserk proc with -.05 g15 fist (sage or demon)
    -5.0 demon sparked with any fist weapon in the game (just demon)

EDIT: I thought Frenzied rage is the same as berserk but procs more often but I don't have experience with it.

Frenzied Rage: Has a higher chance to become frenzied.
    Doubles physical damage, increases attack speed, and increases damage taken.

tis what it says, someone go reroll G15 fists 50 times and check for me :P
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

edited October 2011
    Frenzied Rage: Has a higher chance to become frenzied.
    Doubles physical damage, increases attack speed, and increases damage taken.

tis what it says, someone go reroll G15 fists 50 times and check for me :P

Ehh I assume the translator doesn't know the difference between +100% weapon attack and "doubles physical damage". I've never seen a buff in the game that gives "double damage" so I don't even know what icon that could be...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Interval is 0.62% not 0.062% (I don't know if this changes from item to item but it's 100% confirmed for daggers). Beserk doesn't double damage, frenzied rage (adv proc) doubles damage. It's a complete **** skill that will kill you with the mini HF you keep putting on yourself.

Thanks for the correction but just moving the percentage up one decimal point still doesn't sound like many BMs are gonna be rolling with this add-on anytime soon.

Also... the 5% HP loss from frenzy can easily be neutralized with the blood paint buff (which most BMs get from a Sin in squad or from an alt anyway).
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2011

BM Fist = NOTHING

WTF, why the **** would they put adv purge on axes but not pole? Is it really THAT MUCH to ask for an adv purge pole? FFS give me a R9 pole with adv purge then.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Ehh I assume the translator doesn't know the difference between +100% weapon attack and "doubles physical damage". I've never seen a buff in the game that gives "double damage" so I don't even know what icon that could be...

Both Sacrificial strike and God of Frenzy literally doubles your physical damage output as far as I know.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Thanks for the correction but just moving the percentage up one decimal point still doesn't sound like many BMs are gonna be rolling with this add-on anytime soon.

Also... the 5% HP loss from frenzy can easily neutralized with the blood paint buff (which most BMs get from a Sin in squad or from an alt anyway).

I never said it had the highest survivability, I was talking pure DD (for tiger event / CoA as an example). From the quest I looked up re-rolling is cake to do on these items, but getting the rare items is going to take a long time. So as long as you get the reforged item you can be re-rolling it pretty consistently.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

edited October 2011
    Both Sacrificial strike and God of Frenzy literally doubles your physical damage output as far as I know.

Well ya but those are just for one attack and not buffs, Frenzied Rage makes it sound like it gives a buff since it says "Has a higher chance to become frenzied." So it has to put you into a "frenzied" state.

Just from that part I assume its same as Berserk but with "higher chance".
    WTF, why the **** would they put adv purge on axes but not pole? Is it really THAT MUCH to ask for an adv purge pole? FFS give me a R9 pole with adv purge then.
    Isn't it better to have on axes anyway?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    I never said it had the highest survivability, I was talking pure DD (for tiger event / CoA as an example). From the quest I looked up re-rolling is cake to do on these items, but getting the rare items is going to take a long time. So as long as you get the reforged item you can be re-rolling it pretty consistently.

Ok then, fair enough. I still think BMs got the extremely short end of the stick as far as their fists are concerned but whatever... mine is pretty much moth balled right now.

Another question by the way. For Rank 8 recast... is it just one cast to get weapon to G15 stats and then you can reroll ?

Or is it a case like Nirvana where you further have to "quench" the gear/weapon before you can reforge ?

I know that for Rank 8 you still need to transfer your refines and sockets with Chienkens.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Well ya but those are just for one attack and not buffs, Frenzied Rage makes it sound like it gives a buff since it says "Has a higher chance to become frenzied." So it has to put you into a "frenzied" state.

Just from that part I assume its same as Berserk but with "higher chance".

Stronger "frienzy" as we have seen and reported that snake doesn't stack his frienzy buff but simply puts on a stronger one. Maybe it's something along those lines?

Ok then, fair enough. I still think BMs got the extremely short end of the stick as far as their fists are concerned but whatever... mine is pretty much moth balled right now.

Another question by the way. For Rank 8 recast... is it just one cast to get weapon to G15 stats and then you can reroll ?

Or is it a case like Nirvana where you further have to "quench" the gear/weapon before you can reforge ?

I know that for Rank 8 you still need to transfer your refines and sockets with Chienkens.

One gathering of items + your r8 and you have random stat G15 to reroll. There is no "stage 1."

What short end of the stick you get in fists you just got a blessing with adv purge axes for TW. >_>
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited October 2011

What about the G16 Warsoul Claws with 50+ attack lvls, and lots of max attack modifiers?

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/20852

or this special gear for PWIC:

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/32143

I know these are way way more expensive to obtain compared to r8 recast fists, but the claws is an alternative for those billionaires where coins/cost is not an issue for them.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Isn't it better to have on axes anyway?

Maybe. But at least give some incentive to use pole.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    What about the G16 Warsoul Claws with 50+ attack lvls, and lots of max attack modifiers?

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/20852

or this special gear for PWIC:

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/32143

I know these are way way more expensive to obtain compared to r8 recast fists, but the claws is an alternative for those billionaires where coins/cost is not an issue for them.

Well seems you got me G16 warsoul claws would be the best now (personally wouldn't be if you factor in cost of both said items) but damage is damage, no matter the cost, and the warsouls are the best. With every piece -int gear (2 LA, 2 HA, chest -0.05, nirvy pants, robe, tome) you would have 3.33/5.0 with no -int on the claws.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Bale - Heavens Tear
    Bale - Heavens Tear Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Maybe. But at least give some incentive to use pole.

thats what she said
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." ~ Thomas Jefferson
This discussion has been closed.