How much Money Have you Wasted On Pwi

Comments

• Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    At the time I spent it I was enjoying the game somewhat so it didnt seem like a waste.

Now, if I could travel back in time knowing what I do, I'd slap myself upside the head before I could buy the first zen card.
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Lost City
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I have spent like $200 or so total.
    What I find REALLY funny is people that CS a ton on PVE servers lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Facebook.com/tangyfox
    EX Legendary on Sanctuary
    Moved to LC to PK
  • Malkomod - Harshlands
    Malkomod - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    whats the matter? i cash shop a lot but the time i spent on the game is under 500 hours. for those that spends 10,000+ hour in the game to "farm" or "merchant", u could be using those time to take on a part time or even a full time job and earn much more $ than u can farm in game. not understanding the logic here...

Or just play normally and still have fun? Seriously, I will not spend a lot on this game. When this game will bring me fun content I will. But.... No.... I will not spend over 5k on this game. It is not reasonnable for me. Well not for that kind of game. Other MMOs with better graphics, sound, and cinematics are less than 200$ per year....

And anyway, I get online in my free time... Personnally I do not care being the better. I just want to have fun. I do not need to pay to have fun here yet. XDb:pleased
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    csed a little in the beginning, realized i could never charge enough to get what i would like, so i learned to merch, and now i can afford most stuff

probably spent less then $100

that being said, please go cash shop, keep the game going 0.o
    just dont rub you R9 +12 in our face 24/7
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Wizzie - Raging Tide
    Wizzie - Raging Tide Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    2$ from my phone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    lol eh got a point on tht, i dun consider myself a major cser, most of the charged money
    over 2yrs+ was either for ingame friends or fash ==" lets say .. i charged somewhere in the range of
    $2 000,00 b:surrender tbhs i do regret i didnt make better use of it for gear, if i did back then it might of been lesser, curse tht damn fash =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Kanetsidohi - Archosaur
    Kanetsidohi - Archosaur Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I have spent 0, not because I don't want but, because I can't. b:cry If they'd sell prepaid cards in my country, I'll buy some because I really want a horse mount for each of my chars, and maybe some fash too. b:laugh

The gifts received (b:thanks you're so nice!), should count I think.

Thinking of it, I wish all online games sell prepaid cards on my country! b:sad
  • Gammaburst - Harshlands
    Gammaburst - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    $600

For about 2 years of actual playing time dicounting the few breaks i took. That comes out to about $25 a month. Not terrible for a form of entertainment.

And now i have my characters to play around with whenever I want, for hopefully, another 2 years.

Its like a pyrimid scheme now. Just got to hope there are many bigger suckers than me out there to pay for server upkeep and keep game going. When you run out of suckers, than the pyrimid collaspes. So, GO GO GO guys spend that money on your awesome R8 and R9 toons. Don't let these jealous, bad attitde guys try to make you think your wasting your money.

I have a Theory. Whats the chance of game owners waiting till they feel most of the ZEN for R9 equipment is spent? Then raise the level cap so level 100 R9 gear is not that great. Then make them do it all over agian to get R10 level 150 gear?
  • ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
    ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Cashshoppers need us, we need cashshoppers. rpgs require no skill. It requires time and patience to be good, or if on a p2w game a credit card.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ULMOS - Archosaur
    ULMOS - Archosaur Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Better question, how much time did you waste on this game? How much time are you still wasting?

Everyone should watch the South Park episode of 'Make Love Not W.ar craft"
  • Naime/ - Sanctuary
    Naime/ - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    At least $150
    ~rank 2 gear though -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Life is like a pie...
    Sometimes you want to enjoy it, and other times you want to shove it into someone's face. -.-

I LOVE YOU ALLEN!!!! ^.^
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    $160. First $100 on random stuff and the last $60 on r8.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear
    Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'm almost embarrassed to find out that I actually spent over $1000 in the 2+ years I have been playing (I thought I had spent less).

Most of it was front end loaded for my Veno(s) Herc/Nix. One on PvE one on PvP. It was also partly for my family members too.

Nowadays I limit it to a reasonable amount of about $10-20 a month (when I'm playing and not mad with PWI for some stupid action) An amount which I consider reasonable considering the cost of other forms of entertainment.

This is one thing that the Bean Counters at PWE/PWCN need to consider --targeting mid level spenders, casual players. Without them the game will die. (or die faster than it is now)

The game now is heavily targeted at the few people who will spend a ridiculous amount of money (a very short sighted management view). These players are in the minority and when they suddenly wake up and stop or switch to another game, the impact on PWI will be huge.

For those who think spending $0 is something to brag about, remember this is a business and someone has to pay PWEs bills.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    This is one thing that the Bean Counters at PWE/PWCN need to consider --targeting mid level spenders, casual players. Without them the game will die. (or die faster than it is now)

The game now is heavily targeted at the few people who will spend a ridiculous amount of money (a very short sighted management view). These players are in the minority and when they suddenly wake up and stop or switch to another game, the impact on PWI will be huge.

I think the first time I charged zen was when they had that promotion where, if you charged at least $10, you would get a Cerberus Pup. I think more small promotions like that would be great for getting some casual players to spend a little money. Not like $50+ for a ******n recolored mount. .___.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • ANoob - Lothranis
    ANoob - Lothranis Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    this survey has a non response bias :ob:shocked
  • God_Loki - Raging Tide
    God_Loki - Raging Tide Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    around maybe 50$ not sure haven't pay anything in a while
    I am Loki...God of Mischief...If you see me, you better hide or you'll be my next target... b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I got Warsoul and full g16 gears all +12 and I didn't even spend a dime

on a ps
  • Starsteel - Heavens Tear
    Starsteel - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I've known of people paying the max amount chargeable per day for the last 3 years. b:chuckle
    ★★★ DEMON VIT BARBARIAN +46K
    b:dirty
  • Starsteel - Heavens Tear
    Starsteel - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Better question, how much time did you waste on this game? How much time are you still wasting?

Everyone should watch the South Park episode of 'Make Love Not W.ar craft"
    Even thought its true, that **** is funny!
    ★★★ DEMON VIT BARBARIAN +46K
    b:dirty
  • TrueHarmony - Archosaur
    TrueHarmony - Archosaur Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I think over all im up to 300+ and though its not the best use of money, i wouldn't say i regret it. This is in its simplest terms a hobby and if i can throw a little bit of money into my hobby every now and then to make it more enjoyable then why not? People saying "omg money on pixels? lawlalalalala" really need to broaden their view point. If you go to the store and buy a copy of halo or whatever you kids are playing now a days, what are you really paying for? Well, physically its nothing more than a plastic box and a shiny little disk, what makes it worth it is the amount of enjoyment that little disk brings you. *Shrug* I like my fashion and MQ and occasionally indulging my gambling tooth with packs.

People spend lots of money on way worse things than pixels anyway, like cancer in smoke-able stick form lol.
    Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Finally decided to post. $0. b:victory

I did get a couple of pwi cards as gifts, though, 2 years ago. Still, that's free since it wasn't my money I was spending. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Bearish - Sanctuary
    Bearish - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    OMG thats too funny @ watching the screen when u merchanting b:laugh

so funny... leaving ur computer on to merchant 24/7 to increase ur electric bill by 25-50 dollars a month b:laugh
  • AngelsPoet - Archosaur
    AngelsPoet - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    In all honestly i spent 12350$.. and yet i still dont have any toons rank 9
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    1.2k ish over 2.5 years b:shutup
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear
    Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    so funny... leaving ur computer on to merchant 24/7 to increase ur electric bill by 25-50 dollars a month b:laugh
    That's why I do it on an old laptop with energy savings optimized. b:victory
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    lol $200, thats nothing. Put it in console game terms, thats like 2 games, over how long have you been playing?

I've spent about $1000 over 2 years. Thats not even close to being a heavy cash shopper.
    In terms on console games, its 5 games per year.

There are people that have warsoul weapons. They cost something like $10k, (probly more, forget what the end number was), and they don't even play any more.

I've been playing almost 3 years, and I've spent $250.

Most of that was this past year alone, taking advantage of high gold prices.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Bolloseriul - Lost City
    Bolloseriul - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Over a time of around two years, I have wasted a grand total of 0$. How much time I have wasted is a whole different story.
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I've known of people paying the max amount chargeable per day for the last 3 years. b:chuckle

I find this extremely sad. The game could fold tomorrow, and they could've put the money to some better use.. for tangible things I think. (my own opinion of course) Yes, I realize its their money to do what they want with. But it reminds me of a certain celebrity that had over 400 pair of shoes. There is a point that it passes "entertainment" and becomes a problem like "gambling". If you are going to throw money away, there are much better causes.
  • cobalt1
    cobalt1 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Between 2 & 3 hundred, been playing for several years though.
  • Bearish - Sanctuary
    Bearish - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Over a time of around two years, I have wasted a grand total of 0$. How much time I have wasted is a whole different story.

time = $