lolcensored.png

Nuff said b:laugh

Nice censoring xD seems even bosses are saying bad things ;3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    which really doesn't matter, because people will skirt any filter put in the game or on the forums

Shelly is just doing her job. I would love to get some word from Frankie on this though. :P I saw he posted earlier on the thread about the arena. Q_Q

edit: nevermind finally saw his post. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    well aware of that, just saying.
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
    edited June 2011
    lolcensored.png

Nuff Said B:laugh

Nice Censoring Xd Seems Even Bosses Are Saying Bad Things ;3

Roflcopter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    PWI never ceases to amaze me in the sheer number of ways they've come up with to /fail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Larkray - Dreamweaver
    Larkray - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Omg That Is ****ing Hilarious!
    There's more to making a judging than everything being in black and white. The decision making process is a puddle of grays.
    True friends aren't those who would bail you out of jail, they're the one sitting with you in the cell saying, "Well that was fun!"
    Proud Level 101 Heavy/Arcane Tanking Fox Venomancer of DW~

Family is the people you're with, not the roof over your head. Ty Kindrid for helping me see that again.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Shelly is just doing her job. I would love to get some word from Frankie on this though. :P I saw he posted earlier on the thread about the arena. Q_Q

Frankie posted here as well and is diligently working with the team to solve this issue.

b:thanks
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    lolcensored.png

Nuff said b:laugh

Nice censoring xD seems even bosses are saying bad things ;3

Best. Patch. Ever. For the lols.
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    Frankie posted here as well and is diligently working with the team to solve this issue.

b:thanks

ahhhh I can't believe I missed that. Been waiting to see a response from him. b:angry I wish we had more of an update than, "oops," but oh well...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Damn PW, you didn't break the game entirely as you were supposed to. Then people might flock to a game where developers are actually interested in developing content and fixing bugs, instead of trying to find new ways to censor their own players. I sure want to play a game where my name gets mysteriously censored and people can't message me because daddy developer wants to treat me and every other adult who plays this game like a ten year old.

Frankie, you should iterate to your dumb developers that if they played the game they develop they'd see the filter is circumvented practically on a per-minute basis, and just about nobody cares. What it is that they're trying to accomplish by breaking the game attempting to censor people further is beyond me. Nonetheless, try and break the "stupid" fortress if possible. They've got quite a mental block over there.
    edited June 2011
    Damn PW, you didn't break the game entirely as you were supposed to. Then people might flock to a game where developers are actually interested in developing content and fixing bugs, instead of trying to find new ways to censor their own players. I sure want to play a game where my name gets mysteriously censored and people can't message me because daddy developer wants to treat me and every other adult who plays this game like a ten year old.

Frankie, you should iterate to your dumb developers that if they played the game they develop they'd see the filter is circumvented practically on a per-minute basis, and just about nobody cares. What it is that they're trying to accomplish by breaking the game attempting to censor people further is beyond me. Nonetheless, try and break the "stupid" fortress if possible. They've got quite a mental block over there.

aww man did your name get censored? b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2011

...say, shelly, i've got some real estate investment opportunities you might be interested in. among other things, this bridge...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    aww man did your name get censored? b:sad

I bet a sadness card, that now in-game it shows as J****Zeal b:shutup
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I bet a sadness card, that now in-game it shows as J****Zeal b:shutup

i was thinking the same.

i haven't had a chance to test all my chars yet and see if any of them turned out to be offensive in any obscure dialect of some language i've never heard of, but i doubt it. well, my psychic's name is "thoughtcrime"... that might describe this whole new censorship feature, and might be banned on account of being too uncomfortably true of a description. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Sybarine - Sanctuary
    Sybarine - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    This is very poorly done... I feel really sorry for people whose completely innocent names/faction names have been censored.

Also... Can a sticky be put in general at least pointing to this thread? Who goes to the suggestion box when they're freaking out wondering why their name suddenly has asterisks in it?
  • Scuzeme - Dreamweaver
    Scuzeme - Dreamweaver Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Thanks for all the people who voted yes.

on the other hand....

how about having a BASIC dirty words filter (contains no more than lets say 50 words)

and have a GM to moderate worldchat?

>.> less complains..........
    I thought there used to be GM's on the servers moderating.....

scuzeme for having such a dirty nameb:surrender
  • nothingtosaynow
    nothingtosaynow Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I think all the ppl that able to play the game and that able to read words so that they can read and write words are old enough for any words... Its just stupid to make any filters in... My opinion so far... I accept when there is a filter like it was before, but not more... Why im against any filter? Well PWI ist INTERNATIONAL ... see thats one of the reasons... We may have ppl from all over the world here on the servers and they have all their own language... Serverlanguage is english... thats ok... to speak most time in english in WC... should be... Fac Recruitings for a Fac that recruite just in one language ... like russions, polish, germans, nederlands and so on and so on... its ok to make it in their language... some rare words here and there in their language is accepted so far by the most... but in their factions... that chats, sometimes in squads or in lil discussions in all chat anyhwere on the map... why not use the language that can be written and read easy cause its for all there just their mother language? ... So thats the point... if u filter a word that is in one language anywhere on the world a badword... well in another country it isnt... its used there in another form and maybe it mean anything nice? Or parts of the filtered word destroy words in some language... thats bad as well... so far it already destroyed THINGS IN THE GAME ... think of that... Item-Names, Descriptions... hell people can that be? I think thats a bad joke guys... Outfiltered Itemwords roflmao rlly

A next reason is... when a girl or a boy is 12 years or older... In which world u all live? They know all the bad words and they use them all day most time in school... Its not nice and they all have to learn to dont use badwords true... but will they learn it cause they are not able to use? No they need to use them some times here and there and see what happend... and later they will learn its not good... and some others that dont have good parents for that kind of education (means not bad education in all, just in this case) they wont learn it. But still no filter will do that education... guys what do u think can ur filter do lol.... its not possible to get any success by that... In other words again... its a part of getting adult to use bad words here and there... Btw. on that place in text... im mother of 2 lil girls, one is already in kindergarden and she learn already her badwords there... i cant stop it... i can just say her its not nice, i can just try to make best education that she understand what it does but it will need much more time... time while she will learn more and more... i know that, im not happy of it... but i can just do my best... so i know what i talk about.... and hell she cant read and know already badwords... so the ppl that are able to play need to be older and so they know much more.

A next reason is... if ppl want to use bad words... they will do it anyways. No filter will stop them... forget it... so that younger ppl u said u want protect their eyes... (something like that) lol they will need to read it anyways if u do a filter or not and best is... they read it and its still nothing new for them cause they use bad words all day...lol A filter make just that a guy that try to insult just use a point in it or use a spacehit in it... the word will be written with or without filter if a guy rlly want to... thats it

so what the hell do a filter help? nothing.... the only what it help is what u see here... ppl get angry cause of the filter... i wasnt till now cause like i said at start i just accept... but the new filter is that much harder, that it cencored names from ppl, names from factions, names from Items, Descriptions, make unable to talk in any language in a made chatroom, squad, faction or something and that hard filter i wont accept..

Think of it and solve it - thats all

Greets
  • RobertDutu - Lost City
    RobertDutu - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I understand the game needs to filter out certain undesirable words. I agree with that. However, this new level of censorship is beyond ridiculous. I voted yes.
    I am Jack's raging bile duct.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    What a stupid filter...

Forgive my language, but "****" is acceptable, but "kum" is censored?! My faction, Kakumau, is now censored. =_=

So I, too, voted yes. Glad to know it wasn't something the GMs intended, though, and I hope they get it fixed asap.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Please fix the censoring in this new patch. I'm currently unable to whisper many of my friends due to the censoring of their names. Because of this, I must chat box them. Many people on world chat are unable to be whispered as well, unless they are on your FL.

Thanks.
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1119741

Yeah I know, hard to find when its on Suggestion Box

/InBeforeItGetsMergedWithThatThreadAnyway

Edit: I knew it!

And back into General Discussion now XD
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    Jay_Dubbz - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    why cant we say japan, or japanese in the game anymore without it being censored LOL WTF
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    China game offended by Japan.

DX China one true ruler!.
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • BeingSpencer - Raging Tide
    BeingSpencer - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Sensitive subject to some of us, I think this should be closed. :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Unchallenged, Cool Story Bro.
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1119741

This might get merged with it soon anyway...
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NOTREAL - Archosaur
    NOTREAL - Archosaur Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Sensitive subject to some of us, I think this should be closed. :/

Why? Because we cant type japan in game anymore?

Stupid post was stupid.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Topic is now back in GD, please post about the issue in this topic only. Thanks!
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Like I said (and got deleted), fire whoever the **** that was keep throwing threads in "Suggestion". If anything, throw that 362647th APS thread in there instead.
  • Ezehc - Lost City
    Ezehc - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    It's pretty obvious that pwi does not test anything before rolling it out. rofl.

They just go like "ok finished coding, lets hope for the best. update"
    Lost City Cheze Refining Service. Save up to 40% of orb cost for refines up to +9.

tinyurl.com/chezerefine
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I'm going to put it this way, the words on the list should be censored, but ...the code for the censoring SUCKS BALLS.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute