[Server Maintenance Tonight] 6-21-2011 [COMPLETED]

Comments

• Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I see no problem with hypers...
    "last boss on FC, no heads for us"

PWI has become FC, culti, FB repeat

I see a problem with that, how do you not?
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Geminisica - Heavens Tear
    Geminisica - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    you may as well start filtering out the word "clap" since the whole unspoken joke behind saying something in world chat like "KooKooKachoo got the clap in 1-2 PM her grats!" is that yes, the hands in TT clap and one shot people but "the clap" is also slang for "gonorrhea", a sexually transmitted disease. it is called "the clap" because the treatment for men diagnosed with it decades ago was putting the um... affected member... in between the pages of a large, heavy book, shutting it, and slamming something very heavy on top of that forcefully.... b:cry yeah. not pretty.

I am a bit scared to know why you know this. b:shocked
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    I am a bit scared to know why you know this. b:shocked
    health class is fun isn't it? (I had to study an STD in mine years back..)
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    edited June 2011
    I must have missed that day cause I do not remember them talking or saying anything like that in my classes b:sweat
  • Ocean_Eyes - Harshlands
    Ocean_Eyes - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2011

because a lot including myself, want to start pvp as soon as possible, when you played a game for as long as I have, and I know I'm not the only one in this situation, doing quests alone to get to 9x even 10x is a real pain, def when you've done it over and over and over on many diff servers. it gets a bit repetitive, and annoying. and pvp becomes the only fun thing in the game. Pvp including TW ofc.
  • JeffProbst - Heavens Tear
    JeffProbst - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    you may as well start filtering out the word "clap" since the whole unspoken joke behind saying something in world chat like "KooKooKachoo got the clap in 1-2 PM her grats!" is that yes, the hands in TT clap and one shot people but "the clap" is also slang for "gonorrhea", a sexually transmitted disease. it is called "the clap" because the treatment for men diagnosed with it decades ago was putting the um... affected member... in between the pages of a large, heavy book, shutting it, and slamming something very heavy on top of that forcefully.... b:cry yeah. not pretty.

I can't tell you how much more fulfilling life is now that I know that information. I intend to use it as an icebreaker at classy dinners and parties.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2011

This game isn't about having one good toon anymore. Most of the community was getting into the nineties and they needed a boost to finish off their toons. The second part of the community that was changing got bored of same old dull stuff, so how can PWI keep them around longer spending money? Account stash stone and hypers. PWI has now opened up 8 toons with all sorts of different gear/skills/levels to achieve. If they didn't do that most of the old players would have quit by now.

The drawback to this? New players that hyper their first toon and learn nothing in the process, while the old players still have their years of knowledge to poor into new toons.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Wyndella - Dreamweaver
    Wyndella - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    "I can't tell you how much more fulfilling life is now that I know that information. I intend to use it as an icebreaker at classy dinners and parties."
    Hahahab:laugh
  • LinksCrosbow - Dreamweaver
    LinksCrosbow - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2011

Hmm...now it seems like i can't watch that CLAPPER commercial the same way ever again. b:surrender
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    This game isn't about having one good toon anymore. Most of the community was getting into the nineties and they needed a boost to finish off their toons. The second part of the community that was changing got bored of same old dull stuff, so how can PWI keep them around longer spending money? Account stash stone and hypers. PWI has now opened up 8 toons with all sorts of different gear/skills/levels to achieve. If they didn't do that most of the old players would have quit by now.

The drawback to this? New players that hyper their first toon and learn nothing in the process, while the old players still have their years of knowledge to poor into new toons.
    actually, it's 10

but I agree, OLD players, yes. but it's not old players doing it, is it?

yes, that's the bad part, new plaers can do it too, Oricle to 30 or 40 then FC the rest of the way through.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    actually, it's 10

You can't put 10 toons on 1 server 8 is the most.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    You can't put 10 toons on 1 server 8 is the most.
    "PWI has now opened up 8 toons with all sorts of different gear/skills/levels to achieve."

PWI has always allowed 8 toons per account per server, but there are 10 total is what I was getting at
    edited June 2011
    Hmm...now it seems like i can't watch that CLAPPER commercial the same way ever again. b:surrender

Well look at it this way you will always have the chia pet commercials! b:pleased
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Well look at it this way you will always have the chia pet commercials! b:pleased
    I'm sure there's something there too :P
  • Wertygvbhgb - Raging Tide
    Wertygvbhgb - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Hey all,

We will be having server maintenance tonight from 11:00pm PDT to 1:00am PDT!

Sorry about the late notice here - there was some last minute testing that had to be done before maintenance could be confirmed.

See you here tonight on the boards!

oh so thats what's happeningb:shocked
  • aszach
    aszach Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    So this is the reason why i always receive "Unable to Connect to Server" until now!!!sorry just new around here
  • ZetsumieXI - Dreamweaver
    ZetsumieXI - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    actually, it's 10

yes, that's the bad part, new plaers can do it too, Oricle to 30 or 40 then FC the rest of the way through.

If new players want to "Oricle to 30 or 40 then FC the rest of the way" then that's their business. Why should it matter to anyone else? It's just a game after all. I'm an old player and yes the new players are annoying when it comes to skill and knowledge but that is why I simply don't squad with people I know are like that. I'm just saying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    | Past/present character names from various servers:
    | ZetsumieXI - RaidenXI - AkutenshiXI - Rinjuu - Raiu - Ryuujin - Zenkai
    | Rei - Rai - Rui - Namonai - Rokushin - Cloud - Zokusei - Zainin
    | Raichu - Ninetales - Bulbasaur - Arcanine
  • ReiketsuXI - Dreamweaver
    ReiketsuXI - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    You can only do a quest so many times before you wanna kill yourself. After lvl 29 of course. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    If new players want to "Oricle to 30 or 40 then FC the rest of the way" then that's their business. Why should it matter to anyone else? It's just a game after all. I'm an old player and yes the new players are annoying when it comes to skill and knowledge but that is why I simply don't squad with people I know are like that. I'm just saying.
    you ever get tired of people bragging about their 3 and 4 lvl 100s?
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011

I agree, I didn't touch an FC until my barb was 95 and he has done ever single quest I can do in the game. There's no chance in hell I would do that on 7 more chars. I only care to get them to 100 as soon as I can to share gear/get few more pieces the new class requires and start collecting more nirvana keys. Hypering has allowed me to do this, otherwise there would be no way.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

edited June 2011

Blacklist FTW? best addition to the game ijs. if someone is annoying, mute their a** no sense QQing about it over forums or in game, since their is always going to be hypers, and noobs who can't play their toons. let um brag, that by no means, means they are good.
    edited June 2011

CH-CH-CH-CHIA!
    CH..CH...CHIA...
    CHI...........CH-............oh no IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN!! b:cry
  • Arjunro - Heavens Tear
    Arjunro - Heavens Tear Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    b:bored to much longer to go for servers back . <.< come on come on i want beanie!
  • ZetsumieXI - Dreamweaver
    ZetsumieXI - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2011

Not really. To be honest I don't care. I have 3 soon 4 lvl 100's yet I don't go telling everyone. Why am I telling you this then? To prove a point. Why should it matter to you if I have one or one hundred lvl 100 characters? It shouldn't. Reason I don't care about what other people have. [=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    | Past/present character names from various servers:
    | ZetsumieXI - RaidenXI - AkutenshiXI - Rinjuu - Raiu - Ryuujin - Zenkai
    | Rei - Rai - Rui - Namonai - Rokushin - Cloud - Zokusei - Zainin
    | Raichu - Ninetales - Bulbasaur - Arcanine
  • Wyndella - Dreamweaver
    Wyndella - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I've noticed a marked decline in available quests since lvl 70. I've done every available quest as well, up to my lvl of course...and as exciting as it is to sit and kill a billion mobs to lvl...yah no thanks. b:chuckle I'm hoping the quests will pick up soon, but this is my first toon on PWI so not sure b:surrender
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Blacklist FTW? best addition to the game ijs. if someone is annoying, mute their a** no sense QQing about it over forums or in game, since their is always going to be hypers, and noobs who can't play their toons. let um brag, that by no means, means they are good.
    Perhaps.. but more what I mean is that 100 is not an achievement these days. it's a footnote.

I took 1 year to hit 70 on my veno 6 months on my Psy, and just 9 or 10 weeks (of actual leveling. I stopped at 25 for a few months) on my sin
    granted some turn out to be cool people, but some are utter morons.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Not really. To be honest I don't care. I have 3 soon 4 lvl 100's yet I don't go telling everyone. Why am I telling you this then? To prove a point. Why should it matter to you if I have one or one hundred lvl 100 characters? It shouldn't. Reason I don't care about what other people have. [=
    "Join Date: Jun 2009"

you're also an old player like me (my original being Xeian - DW)

I know someone with 5 I think... he's a pretty cool guy, met him in FB69 on my lvl 21 cleric (don't ask)
    edited June 2011

I like the way this person thinks. RIGHT ON MAH BROTHA! RIGHT ON! b:cool
    edited June 2011
    Perhaps.. but more what I mean is that 100 is not an achievement these days. it's a footnote.

I took 1 year to hit 70 on my veno 6 months on my Psy, and just 9 or 10 weeks (of actual leveling. I stopped at 25 for a few months) on my sin
    granted some turn out to be cool people, but some are utter morons.

That I do understand, most people that do hyper brag about it. but i simply don't squad them, I hate ignorance, and annoying kids. So i simply wont help them, they will learn to shaddup and play the game sooner or later instead of trying to see who's Epenor is bigger xD
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    That I do understand, most people that do hyper brag about it. but i simply don't squad them, I hate ignorance, and annoying kids. So i simply wont help them, they will learn to shaddup and play the game sooner or later instead of trying to see who's Epenor is bigger xD
    that's the point I'm trying to make. I'm glad you see it now.