[Server Maintenance Tonight] 6-21-2011 [COMPLETED]

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Mitchan - Raging Tide
    Mitchan - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I can't write on japanese language anymore too.. it all become ***... is this like a "speak only english please"? wtf...
  • Kuddadar - Sanctuary
    Kuddadar - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Considering that J a p is a racial slur that's been used since...World War II probably before that against the J a p a n e s e. So it's not really a failure on their part. They just need to tweek the system so it doesn't censor words that aren't offensive or just make it optional.

My point exactly. You used the 3 letters racial slur, while I did not in my comments about the failed filtering attempt. It seems like most people are seeing the differences between what it is and what is not. So PWI didn't see, or tested, when they did this? LOL
  • LadyTsuki - Harshlands
    LadyTsuki - Harshlands Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    My point exactly. You used the 3 letters racial slur, while I did not in my comments about the failed filtering attempt. It seems like most people are seeing the differences between what it is and what is not. So PWI didn't see, or tested, when they did this? LOL
    You're missing my point. The filter sees that 3 letter racial slur in the word Japanese :s Thus why I spaced out Japanese so you could see it.
    Formerly LadyTsukiyo: Nab cleric, and Harshlands biggest loudmouth. Annoying the living **** out of people, Self-Proclaimed Queen of Sarcasm and One-liners circa 1990.

Died as a cleric, reincarnated into a mystic.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    It's another clbuttic attempt.
  • Mustang_Roy - Archosaur
    Mustang_Roy - Archosaur Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    It would be nice if the dev's would spend some time on making at least 2 more TW setting we can choose from...for a fee of course. Having the ability to choose which 3 battle areas to fight in would be a plus. Example, the current TW map is on flat land..has got boring over time. We need another two TW maps created to select from. One map should be pure arials battles while the other should take place underwatter.

Imagine having a TW under water or in the air only...b:victory

Cant wait for packs to be taken off sale soon....gold prices are ridiculus. GM's tend to blame the game economy but it wouldn't get this way if you keep feeding it. Packs are nice and all but 2 months straight with packs sales? thats an overkill and whats worse, they know it.

oh well back to game lol.

true, and great idea. Underwater or air only lol. Melee classes are gonna hate it a bit, but its ok, it is psy wiz and archer as main DDs in tw anyhow
  • Mustang_Roy - Archosaur
    Mustang_Roy - Archosaur Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Fix the core connect pvp kills PLEASE...it still been showing zero for 2 weeks now QQ.

Also remove the comments at the bottom from the RANKINGS page "*Ranking statistics update every 24 hours." since it isn't true. You can add this back if it ever does start being updated every 24 hrs. Removing it at least doesnt give us false adverstisement. Is anyone also working on improving core connect?..its realy slow, you cant find factions using the search tool, and the list goes on. I know its beta but is it staying beta for the next 5 years?b:thanks

lol i like your comments
  • Krarenka - Raging Tide
    Krarenka - Raging Tide Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I can't write on japanese language anymore too.. it all become ***... is this like a "speak only english please"? wtf...

Better this way ! i hate people writing Japanese/ russian and even more in WC . Worl chat =you speak, every one around can read, so write in an understandable language .
    I hate this filter too, but i like this point
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Better this way ! i hate people writing Japanese/ russian and even more in WC . Worl chat =you speak, every one around can read, so write in an understandable language .
    I hate this filter too, but i like this point

It's Perferct world international, Not perfect world english :|
  • NOTREAL - Archosaur
    NOTREAL - Archosaur Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    It's Perferct world international, Not perfect world english :|

However, people like to speak in foreign langages to be complete dickholes to people and they wont know what they are talking about.

Srsly, ive been spammed with stuff I havent understood for ages until ive gone and translated it, and its turned out to be some creepy wierdo thinking A: female char = female player and B: I will accept money for cyber -_-''

~that said id rather the filter gone overall, its pathetic and idiotic, just explaining I can see why the languages may be blocked...
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    However, people like to speak in foreign langages to be complete dickholes to people and they wont know what they are talking about.

Srsly, ive been spammed with stuff I havent understood for ages until ive gone and translated it, and its turned out to be some creepy wierdo thinking A: female char = female player and B: I will accept money for cyber -_-''

~that said id rather the filter gone overall, its pathetic and idiotic, just explaining I can see why the languages may be blocked...

yes I have had fac members talk about me while I was right there in fac chat, they were speaking in a foreign language. I went and translated it and some of it was dirtyish but you know google translate sucks lol..I got this convo according to google translate:

Player 1: "My pants shut rent"
    Player 2: "Dont believe in a box"

Anyway I'm still against filtering out characters from other languages, I find it morally disturbing. The filter is stupid overall anyway and I am glad it is being reverted.
  • Sybarine - Sanctuary
    Sybarine - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

Agree with this, just want it gone.

I've been in squads where people have all communicated in some other language and it was frustrating but I don't think it's fair to block foreign languages at all. I have a bunch of friends whose native language isn't english - some of them are kinda self-conscious of this and tend to keep quiet in case others don't understand them or if they feel embarrassed (even though they can make themselves understood in english pretty well).

It's great when they can chat away to someone who speaks the same language they do. Allowing them to do this is far more important than whatever PWE is trying to achieve by blocking it, imo.