Archer > ?

Options

Comments

• KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    It was about PvP but since someone asked nicely for feedback, why not answer the questions?

Meh Pve has no real challenge in this game.

Everything has a way to get glitch or bug.

b:chuckle HH3-2 With 3-3 Bosses same time

Lunar bug so the last boss is Eazy (In the water)

Nirvana bosses are no challenge.

World bosses = easy

I think harpy and Swamp boss are the only bosses that need a little bit of work.. (Even though you can kill the harpy with guards)

Frost / stealth all until big room, Bring your lowbie leecher and get to 105 in a month or 100 in 3-4 days

FB = bh enough said

Warsong.. "Whats the point, I heard the reward still bugged out."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I share your opinion that the PvE content of this game is mostly dull and inconsequential, but there are many players out there navigating the PvE universe, and it would make sense for us to give our advice to them if they ask, since we find it so "easy." :)

@Ast: I'll keep that in mind if EVER I find myself bored enough to be up for that :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I seem to remember Aesthor being more troll-like before. What is this...this...
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I seem to remember Aesthor being more troll-like before. What is this...this...

I am still troll-like, but I must help the archerlings ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Archers > BM in mass PvP, but I consider BM > Archers in 1v1 self buffed ofc, unless the BM doesn't know how to stun-lock and is a 1 weapon path BM (which isn't end-game).
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Archers > BM in mass PvP, but I consider BM > Archers in 1v1 self buffed ofc, unless the BM doesn't know how to stun-lock and is a 1 weapon path BM (which isn't end-game).

Actually archers are just bottom of the food chain 1v1. Their usefulness goes up when there's more people, because they make GREAT distractions if focused and are deadly when being overlooked/ignored b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    How come Aes is coming back all of a sudden? LoL got repetitive?
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    How come Aes is coming back all of a sudden? LoL got repetitive?

I never played LoL @_@ I've been on HoN and a certain other game I cannot name because it's an MMO but it is made by Blizzard.

I am on the forums a lot because class is boring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    b:shocked how can you have time to play 2 MMORPGs
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I never played LoL @_@ I've been on HoN and a certain other game I cannot name because it's an MMO but it is made by Blizzard.

I am on the forums a lot because class is boring.

I enjoy LoL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    b:shocked how can you have time to play 2 MMORPGs

I sit in front of the AH in both games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • altweina
    altweina Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lol....I don't mind "archerling:)" and I too sit and watch AH waiting for something interesting to show up in WC. Agreed PvE is sorta boring but its what I have to do to level....I am also on a PvE server, which if I was to start over I would probably play on a PvP server just so there was more to the game....

At this point I do run after run in fc just to try and level......Or TT run after TT run so I can try and make money or gear. So the PvE is boring but its a means to an end. I wish I could do it easy but without spending lots of real world money its a slow and often frustrating challenge. I haven't seen people make those bosses look easy, normally they die over and over:)

I am learning a lot thank you for all the feedback and banter its good to hear all your opinions. I would not consider myself a complete newb but I definitely am still not a master of any of it. I hate the idea of buying tokens to make the skills because I see some of the sage archer skills in AH all the time for like 200k.......It would be my luck to spend 8mil and get 2 skills that I can't give away:) I have noticed in the game market that lots of people want to sell but few people are actually buying...atleast not for the inflated prices being asked.

I realize that until it shows up in AH that is my only option but hate that I see so many mor e demon skills for less....Makes me think about switching my culti:)
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Well no, I didn't consider you a "noob." What I wanted to say was archers are falling out of favor because of the newer classes and there's no reason not to help the few fellow archers who have questions. Even though I've practically been around since the game's launch I still don't know everything myself (as you can tell by me having to ask Ast how to solo FC :P I just never liked FC...). I still troll a lot (heck I derailed a Elayne's 105 thread with soft **** LOL) but that doesn't mean I can't be helpful at all b:laugh

Demon skills aren't necessarily easier to get. Demon quickshot for example is an expensive skill, and Winged Blessing isn't any easier to get. The only plus about it is since there are more demon archers there will be more people gambling on them. I got lucky and got two demon quickshots out of the only two books I ever made xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    altweina wrote: »
    lol....I don't mind "archerling:)" and I too sit and watch AH waiting for something interesting to show up in WC. Agreed PvE is sorta boring but its what I have to do to level....I am also on a PvE server, which if I was to start over I would probably play on a PvP server just so there was more to the game....

At this point I do run after run in fc just to try and level......Or TT run after TT run so I can try and make money or gear. So the PvE is boring but its a means to an end. I wish I could do it easy but without spending lots of real world money its a slow and often frustrating challenge. I haven't seen people make those bosses look easy, normally they die over and over:)

I am learning a lot thank you for all the feedback and banter its good to hear all your opinions. I would not consider myself a complete newb but I definitely am still not a master of any of it. I hate the idea of buying tokens to make the skills because I see some of the sage archer skills in AH all the time for like 200k.......It would be my luck to spend 8mil and get 2 skills that I can't give away:) I have noticed in the game market that lots of people want to sell but few people are actually buying...atleast not for the inflated prices being asked.

I realize that until it shows up in AH that is my only option but hate that I see so many mor e demon skills for less....Makes me think about switching my culti:)

Wait... switching your culti? So you could find no books in AH at all? b:chuckle
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
    edited April 2011
    Options
    l I hate the idea of buying tokens to make the skills because I see some of the sage archer skills in AH all the time for like 200k.......It would be my luck to spend 8mil and get 2 skills that I can't give away:) I have noticed in the game market that lots of people want to sell but few people are actually buying...atleast not for the inflated prices being asked.

Its only worth opening skills if you have/need 4-5 out of the 10 (Example)

Since you can still have a 50%/40% or 30% chance to get a skill that you need.

If your only lacking of 1 skill.. It probably gonna be better off buying it from someone.

I opened LOTS of books to get the 3 Mage ultis, Ice dragon was a pain in the *** =_=

I finally got like 90% of the skills that you can get from that book.. so i finally found someone that sold it to me at like 20mill. It was probably worth since i had all the other ones.

Sometimes the books paid themselves and other times.. It was a waste of $ :S
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Aes plays DoTA? or just HoN ><
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Aes plays DoTA? or just HoN ><

Just HoN. Too spoiled by HoN to play DotA.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Well no, I didn't consider you a "noob."

But I consider him a noob.

If you really can't afford to buy or pack the books... then by all means... do switch to demon. Since on the budget that you are operating on... you won't be a decent sage.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    But I consider him a noob.

You consider everyone a noob, so that's pretty much a given :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • altweina
    altweina Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I am sorry sometimes things I say are not clear.....I don't mind being called a noob cause compared to someone i vary much am. I also agree when you comment on my budget. I bought 20 gold the other day to buy packs. This is a rarity for me.....I don't spend real money on game except once in awhile....I have saved enough "game gold" from drops and stuff to buy enough tokens to rank 8 a toon. I think this is pretty good...but do I have lunar this and that....No I don't. Will I +10 my weapon, probably not unless I learn how to make some money better than I am which I why I am nervous about archer......Sins can do so much more it seems, thus easier to make money on my own not relying on others.

It might surprise you but I have played for awhile.....but I tend to not focus on one toon. Arch is my first server but I have two toons over 90 and a few 70's I tend to get bored with one.

I think of 450 tokens (4.5 mil) as alot at my current experience level. When you figure that I am making money off tt drops from the random pick up squads it is from my perspective. I really do appreciate all the kind help:) I wish you people were on my server:)
  • Dpicic - Harshlands
    Dpicic - Harshlands Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Just HoN. Too spoiled by HoN to play DotA.

who agrees that pwi copied few Juggernaut skills on seeker??b:chuckle
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Well played archer > everything b:cool b:avoid
  • GlottalStop - Raging Tide
    GlottalStop - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Actually archers are just bottom of the food chain 1v1. Their usefulness goes up when there's more people, because they make GREAT distractions if focused and are deadly when being overlooked/ignored b:victory

I totally disagree; venos are, even with their nixes. I know, I've played one. Maybe a few random players managed to frighten a few players but as a whole, venos are better for farming. And they've even been surpassed in that. b:sad
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I totally disagree; venos are, even with their nixes. I know, I've played one. Maybe a few random players managed to frighten a few players but as a whole, venos are better for farming. And they've even been surpassed in that. b:sad

That is true. Venos were always weak and when nixes became obsolete that became all too obvious. I did forget about venos lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    That is true. Venos were always weak and when nixes became obsolete that became all too obvious. I did forget about venos lol.

A well played veno can make things go very smoothly, and not just in nirvana.

Well played venos are easy to overlook, however, because they make things faster for everyone.

Edit: but I can agree that venos could use some luster -- earthflame stole a lot of their sparkle, and the lack of gear support for pets hurts their endgame (where people build up their gear). So... they struggle?
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You know venos can be permanent immune.. Who needs a nix if people cant hit you for 20ish seconds.

b:surrender Should see Korren hacks.. He is always immune.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i kill tons of csers fun when they drop but i kill rank 8 barbs, sins, and archers all the time and even killed a few rank 9 sins cash shopping doesnt make you good
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    A well played veno can make things go very smoothly, and not just in nirvana.

Well played venos are easy to overlook, however, because they make things faster for everyone.

Edit: but I can agree that venos could use some luster -- earthflame stole a lot of their sparkle, and the lack of gear support for pets hurts their endgame (where people build up their gear). So... they struggle?

I was talking about pvp?

Debuffs are great but my opinion at the time nixes were killing everyone was to fix the bleed and buff venos.

Well okay, I understand that not everyone reads all the posts before they reply, so before the discussion about venos goes any further, this was the train of thought:

Which means I was talking about the state of venos in a 1v1, PvP situation. Feel free to add your opinions about venos in other situations, but please be aware that I have not addressed those "other situations" in my posts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Venos are decent in group PvP for sure. I'd imagine demon venos to be able to put up quite a fight solo, but seriously how many venos on your server do open world PK?
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Venos are decent in group PvP for sure. I'd imagine demon venos to be able to put up quite a fight solo, but seriously how many venos on your server do open world PK?

This is a similar situation archers are in. They're still highly useful in groups, like in TW, but the skill curve is much steeper for 1v1. There are only handful of real archer PKers (and by real I mean I see them outside of SZ, not standing around Arch white named) left on HT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.