psychics are the REAL OP class, not sins.

Options
13»

Comments

• DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Because Psychics are specifically designed to bishslap assassins and by god you guys deserve to have a perfect counter.

/endthread

so what's the counter to a psy? Because I don't think it's the wizard or any of the other old classes.

And I certainly don't see how a mystic or seeker could kill a r9 psy...
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    so what's the counter to a psy? Because I don't think it's the wizard or any of the other old classes.

And I certainly don't see how a mystic oR seeker could kill a r9 psy...

I've already said. Any class that can heal itself is an absolute pain for Psys, i.e. Clerics and Mystics. Clerics can just heal up their HP as fast as we can bring it down, and stunning them won't solve that because Ironheart keeps working through the stun. They also just have to sleep us and viola: they have their chance to debuff, triple spark, and use a physical damage spell with 200% weapon damage. We Psys take 11% more damage than other classes and not many Psys bother to focus on their physical defense, for obvious reasons. Even if we soulburn them, that's when they sleep us (or Seal of God for level 100 clerics) and then they can just wait it out before triple sparking us.

A Mystic is far more dynamic and I doubt I can name all their possible strategies, but the point is that once I Psy is caught with none of his defenses up, he's in trouble. A Mystic can heal themselves as their pet attacks the Psy, and a Mystic has enough buffs to recover HP or absorb damage that, again, the stun won't cut it. Once they survive the stun, they have a VERY long silence spell they can cast and then we're just a free kill.
    Aside from that, an end-game archer is perfectly capable of beating us. Before end-game? Yes, archers struggle with Psys. We can resist their damage and then all they can do is run, and we have various ways to keep them from running. End game though? That bow freaking purges. One purge and we're an easy target. As for a wizard, their damage goes through the roof: I'm sure a wizard can one shot every single class at end-game.

The only people I see absolutely struggling with an end-game Psy are sins, BMs who refuse to put their fists down, barbs (though I see barbs struggling with just about every class...), and MAYBE venos (really not sure on venos. I'd have to fight them to know how that'd go.). Yeah that's four classes, but honestly I don't see barbs and venos as being that impressive end-game: I'd say they'd struggle with lots of players. So in the end, it's really only the 5aps dudes that would just get facerolled by Psys.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Endgame barbs do pretty good against psys, really any class capable of high damage single hits is a good match against a psy. Sins have great counters to DPS, not so much DPH. Barb with ancestral rage, armageddon, and beastial onslaught can do some pretty good DPH (zerk crit onslaught is pretty nasty, and amra and ancestral rage hurt no matter what)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Endgame barbs do pretty good against psys, really any class capable of high damage single hits is a good match against a psy. Sins have great counters to DPS, not so much DPH. Barb with ancestral rage, armageddon, and beastial onslaught can do some pretty good DPH (zerk crit onslaught is pretty nasty, and amra and ancestral rage hurt no matter what)

I agree with ancestral rage, but it's got such a long-*** cooldown that the barb can't count on it. Armageddon on a Psy isn't the best idea (whole thing might get resisted OR they might tank it with SoR or white voodoo), but demon Beastial onslaught is pretty good.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I think the skill that has saved me most vs psy is bestial rage.

the 4k magic absorb for demon (and likewise sage), really helps a lot.

getting a barb down to half health is easy.. killing him is whats hard
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i think of this song whenever i hear someone call a class op

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXnFhnpEgKY
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I agree with ancestral rage, but it's got such a long-*** cooldown that the barb can't count on it. Armageddon on a Psy isn't the best idea (whole thing might get resisted OR they might tank it with SoR or white voodoo), but demon Beastial onslaught is pretty good.
    Armageddon has to be timed well but it can do some pretty good damage. Obviously use it when psychic will is in cooldown.

If the barb is an idiot and just rushes up and uses arma then yea, it's not very good to use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."