psychics are the REAL OP class, not sins.

Comments

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Sins? The two counters to sins are barbs and Psys, and they can gladly avoid us altogether or choose to attack when we're weak.

Not really barbs, pure vit barb with full +10 R9 sharded with JoSD gets killed in 8 seconds by a sin with +10 R9

Sin just pops out of stealth with headhunt, uses mire and extreme poison and auto attacks for 4k a hit at 3.33 aps

Psys aren't that OP, they're strong, and yea, a little OP, but they're nowhere near the level that sins are.

Major difference? If a psy is losing he can't run away from a fight, gaining 100 chi in the process.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    does ne1 but me find it strange he is posting from a lvl 1 barb

*checks his core connect profile*

account name is "trollfacee"

there is your answer guys....b:bye
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Tightend - Heavens Tear
    Tightend - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    psys are the most OP class when endgame end of story. there are so many things to counteract the class ur going up against. on my psy i have +5 gear and +10 wep, which is not all that amazing nowadays, but i still am able to take out people with gear 5x better than mine because i know how to play a psy. if u have actually learned ur psy and practiced at most classes are not so bad to kill in 1v1. i know sins are OP as well though but in most cases there are easy ways to kill people better geared than u. try fighting a good geared psy that actually knows how to play their class and see just how hard it is at times
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    which is not all that amazing nowadays, but i still am able to take out people with gear 5x better than mine because i know how to play a psy.
    which proves only that your know how to play better than them.

gear and lvl is important. but skill difference still plays a huge part. even more so than class does on occations.

i agree psychics have some pretty brutal skills, soulburn is completely imbalanced vs low hp chars. if you use soulburn on a char and they try to fight back then yeah thier screwed..

i know sage psy that purposely dont get sage soul of vengence so that they can cast it on thier opponents during fights.

but still there are ways to fight back if u know how.

if i get soulburn i usually holy path away till it wears off.

most things have counters you just need to think of them.

and winning just means that they cant find a way to defeat your counter.
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    psys are the most OP class when endgame end of story. there are so many things to counteract the class ur going up against. on my psy i have +5 gear and +10 wep, which is not all that amazing nowadays, but i still am able to take out people with gear 5x better than mine because i know how to play a psy. if u have actually learned ur psy and practiced at most classes are not so bad to kill in 1v1. i know sins are OP as well though but in most cases there are easy ways to kill people better geared than u. try fighting a good geared psy that actually knows how to play their class and see just how hard it is at times

But that has to do with the type of class Psy is: very high damage, very low defense. It's the high damage that allows us to kill better equipped players. What you fail to mention is that we can also die to people that aren't as well geared as us.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Soul of Vengeance reflects 0.4% of your Soulforce, not 8%..... Even Demon version doesn't reflect 8% rofl. It reflects 4%.

And to have 60k Soulforce, you would need to be full R9 with cube orns event helm, all +12. Correct me if I'm wrong, but any class that is full R9 +12 is OP.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You need to try playing a Psy, and that's all I'm saying. I could directly answer half of those skills with direct counters to them, but half a Psy's strength is that no one understands us, so I'd rather not sit here and give you a guide to fighting Psys. :P

But as I said in the last thread you posted this in: the thing that makes a sin OP where a Psy isn't is that a Psy has counters. 15 second stun sounds OP (btw, I believe it's actually capped at 10 seconds, though I'm not sure), but this won't work against anyone with an anti-stun. It's passive: the opponent has to set it off. And as I said, Psys struggle with anyone who can heal themselves, namely Clerics and Mystics. Yes we have all those incredible defense lines, but they're on a time limit, and Clerics and Mystics have the tools to simply outlast those time limits. If we're talking r9 +12 on everyone, then Clerics and Mystics will probably kill us 9 times out of 10. I also promise you that wizzies and archers can kill us, too. Wizzie damage just continues to go through the roof thanks to their 500% weapon damage skills, and a r9 archer can purge Psy will and white voodoo off completely: then we're just squishy and archers don't exactly deal mediocre damage.
    And for your comments on white voodoo, try playing a Psy. If you ever try and fight in White voodoo, you'll see how crippling it is. White voodoo is there for support and for fighting squishies in 1v1 fights: other than that, it's absolutely crippling. If you're talking about using white voodoo to fight another r9, yeah you'll take a while to go down, but so will he. But you're the one that's on a time limit when it comes to your best defenses.
    One type of fighter we will be an absolute pain for when we have end-game gear is 5aps fighters, and there is no way you can argue to me that they don't deserve a counter.

I'd definitely say a +12 Psy is a force to be reckoned with and I wouldn't be opposed to a nerf to Soul of Silence, but as I said before: we have counters. Lawbreaker on a genie, anti-stun, purge, high damage, the ability to heal yourself: all of those can mess up Psys. Sins? The two counters to sins are barbs and Psys, and they can gladly avoid us altogether or choose to attack when we're weak. Nothing is keeping them in check, and that's what makes a class OP. I'd love to hear how a r9 veno, cleric, wizzie, barb, or archer is supposed to beat a r9 sin.

Your actually not trolling(fail trolling to be specific) this timeb:shocked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Risingson - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Some people (and by people I mean Psychics) don't seem to realize Voodoos are situational and meant to be used at a different time in a fight b:shutup
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Sthenith - Dreamweaver
    Sthenith - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I always gotta laugh when i see people discussing the "OP"ness of classes.

1. Fact : Psy's are tough. There is NO discussing that.

2. Fact : Sins are fast. No discussing that either.

3. Fact : Psy's have their soulskills which can make any class that attacks them cry.

4. Fact : Sins can stealth and can stun.

BUT :

EVERY situation and player is different. No 2 are alike or have the same gear/setup or skills facing eachother.

When you have a sin like this : http://pwcalc.com/c62c97b6d11d7e50 , which is imo a real good build/setup, i know, everyone thinks differently but bear with me for a second, chances are that that sin "should" know what he/she is doing.

(The build link doesn't include a Jones blessing : thats 60 atk lvls and 17 def total)

A sin that sees a psy and knows their skills, should be smart enough to wait in stealth until that same psy is either attacked and down in HP/def or sealed, and then take that psy out fast.

And a psy that sees a sin (IF he sees it), should be fully aware that one mistake takes em down fast.

While ranged classes like a psy have the advantage that they do loads of dmg and can be tough, all it takes is 1 (one) mistake to go down in the blink of an eye.

And when you're concentrating on staying alive in a TW while you're being attacked from different sides...THAT is when a sin truly shines : he pops up and takes you down in a matter of 2 seconds. Sure, he'll be damaged by your soulskills, but for sure, you'll be dead. And any sin that gets taken down by a psy will be fast on the battlefield again only to take down another unsuspecting caster.

Point is : you can never defend against someone that has the high ground in a battle. Meaning : patience is a virtue. and while a sin can go stealth and wait patiently for his/her chance, a caster will need to keep all his defences up ...constantly. All it takes is 1 second.

But i won't go up against a R9 psy. I just wait till they're ...at their weakest. Or avoid em alltogether and go after all the rest that is out there.

p.s. : as for PvE, i have yet to see a lvl 100+ psy tank the things a lvl 100+ sin can do without breaking into a sweat. (solo i mean). And rank 9 doesn't change that.
  • Wolfixxxx - Lost City
    Wolfixxxx - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Soul of Vengeance reflects 0.4% of your Soulforce, not 8%..... Even Demon version doesn't reflect 8% rofl. It reflects 4%.

And to have 60k Soulforce, you would need to be full R9 with cube orns event helm, all +12. Correct me if I'm wrong, but any class that is full R9 +12 is OP.

roflolol wut? did u hyper ur lvls to 101 or something? read the descriptions to ur own skill please and stop looking like a idiot. its 8% reflection demon increase it by 4%.

the 0.4% of soulforce is the MANA it drains each reflection. big /facepalm moment right here. sage version doesnt drain mana at all.

just to clarify:
    Make the target reflect a physical damage to the attacker.
    The damage is equal to 8% of the caster's Soulforce.

this is why ppl that hyper FF/oracle there way to 10x shouldnt be allowed to post.
  • Risingson - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Ah my bad. I never really paid attention I guess.

For the record I did not oracle to 10x, and I started frost at level 8x. From level 1 to 8x, I leveled the old fashion way... Same thing from 100 to 101 pretty much, I stopped Frost when I dinged 100. I'm not really a noob I do know my class trust me, I'm just silly sometimes b:cute

ps : you're one abrasive fella.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It isnt really "classes" per se that are OP, but rather the person behind it and how well geared the character is. any class can kill any other class given proper circumstances. Barbs can armageddon one shot equivalently geared LA and AA classes. Archers can pwn from a distance, etc etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Hl/ - Harshlands37
    Hl/ - Harshlands37 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Oh wow....OP makes me laugh.
    now hear me out for a second... i mentioned this in another thread but psys are honestly way up there in the OP chain. they have pretty much the same ammount of control skills as a sin and they are used in such a way that makes it impossible to even touch/dmg a psy.
    Name three. Name THREE skills that are even REMOTELY like an Assassin's. Please.

on top of that some of there skills are effected by soul force which in tern is effected by gear. the higher your gear is the more effective a psys skills are. so if used correctly a psy is a extremely OP class.
    That goes for any class. Dur dee dur.

why are they not acknowledged as such tho? simple, they are out shadowed by sins. a sin is a "simple" OP class where as psys are a "complicated" OP class. in other words sins require no brain power at all to be OP. just get 5 aps, stealth, F2 for demon spark, F1 for auto atk. profit.
    Or maybe it's because, like Wizards, nobody plays Psychics. Wizards could be considered OP too, if you played them correctly and geared them ri-- Oh wait, that sounds familiar...

psys actually require brain power to use. you need to plan out your atk/combos/skills your gonna use in a match up. this turns ppl off cuz why think when you can just pick sin, faceroll the keyboard, and win?
    Hence why, in Harshlands alone, there are only 14 Psychics over level 100.

now lets look at the skills for psy that makes them OP;

white voodoo and black voodoo:
    your not gonna have more defense levels then a psy. period. i dont care what you do, you will not even get close. ya sure it decreases atk level by 99 points, but with rank 9, jones blessings, tiger stones, etc etc you can actually get 0 atk levels or more with white voodoo and 71+ defense levels. making the atk decrease void. the vice versa also applies to black voodoo. of course with black voodoo the only class in game that will have more atk levels is sin. but thats not the main problem. the main problem with white and black voodoo is it gives psys amazing flexibility of DDing and atking. no other class can adjust BOTH atk level and defense levels on the fly so dramatically.

Goody, we get +22 attack levels with level 10 Black Voodoo. Our defense gets drecreased by an INSANE amount. Do you even know how much damage we take in Black? It's not even funny. The only countermeasure to that would be +Defense Level Stones....and they're not exactly cheap.

So your "OP" combo is only available to those selling their mother's kidneys in order to spend money on pixels.

Have you EVER seen a Psychic's Pdef without a cleric buff OR Garnet shards. IT'S PATHETICALLY SAD.
    My Psychic, completely ungeared, has only 650 Pdef.

....you were saying something? Are you implying we don't NEED those defense levels? Heads up...yeah we do.

And White Voodoo? For rizzle? You're going to QQ about that? We hit like a two year old wearing mittens in white voodoo. What ARE you smoking sir?

Diminised Vigor and Empowered Vigor:
    these skills are just superb skills to have in PvP. diminished vigor reduces healing items by 30%, skill healing by 20%, and decreases charm cooldown by 3 seconds. empowered vigor does the exact opposite and instead increases the effects of these items. the demon version increases/decreases it by even more.

[/facepalm]
    Make a note that it lasts only 90 seconds.....GJ. YOU try killing a charmed barb/BM/sin without it. ......I didn't think so either.

Soul of Stunning:
    simple. this skill stuns u for 1 second if ur attked. doesnt seem so OP at first glance right? well take another look. its effected by soul force and soul force is effected by the refines of your gear if im not mistaken. so lets assume you have a total of 60k soul force. if you atk the psy you are looking at a automatic 12 second stun. 12 seconds is a LONG time to be stuned. LONG time. if its demon vesion then the stun is 13 seconds. sage version the stun is 15 (FIFTEEN) seconds long! this means you better be damned carefull when atking a psy that has high refines and high soulforce.

LMAO.....60k soulforce?
    Quick, is there any Psychic here with 60k soulforce? (Who HASN'T cashshopped?)
    b:chuckle

You might as well tatoo "I don't know what I'm talking about" on your forehead. I'm at level 82, and I have just over 11k soulforce. Genius.

Soul of silence:
    this skill is usually used either before or after or even in conjunction with soul of stunning. it silences you for 3 seconds. sage version silences you for 5 seconds. so if you atked a psy and got hit with soul of stunning and your miraculously not dead yet, then you have to go through a 5 second silence effect as well if you atk them again. this is a very effective stun lock.

Yes, because a 5% chance to silence your enemies is EXTREMELY OP....amiright? xD

Soul of Retaliation:
    this skill basicaly throws your own debuff back at you. a "taste of your own medicine" kind of skill. it also reduces the dmg you take by .5 of your soulforce. it also REFLECTS dmg back at your atker by .5 of your soulforce. so guess what? using Heavens flame or Bids? it will get thrown back at you. and the reflection/reduction is all dependent on your soulforce as well. so the higher the soulforce the better. sage version heals u for 15% HP and demon increases the effect of the reflection to .6.

OBJECTION!
    The effect is only thrown back if it causes damage. Your argument is void. Maybe if people didn't faceroll the keyboard, they'd know better than attacking someone while their buffs are up....hurp durp durp.

Soulburn:
    another skill that makes you terrified to even touch a psy. soulburn reflect dmg equal to your soulforce. so again, lets assume the psy has 60k soulforce. just poking them will reflect 60k worth of dmg back at you. this utterly DESTROYS any kind of APS atker. DESTROYS them like i destroy the toilet when i get diarrhea. use this at the right moment and time and profit.

OH NO! A class that can beat up APS! What ARE WE TO DO!?
    Here, lemme feel sorry for the APS classes.

....no.

Let's not mention how useful Soulburn can be in certain boss instances when the enemy attacks several times a second...

Psychics are a class that, if you want to kill them, you have to OUTSMART them first. Soulburning on lowbies isn't OP, it's a Lesson. The lesson is: "Watch your status before you do something idiotic."

Psychic will:
    all casters WISH they had this skill. first of all not only does it purify you, but it ALSO makes you immune to all physical dmg. great skill and it goes with the "i dare you to atk me *****" theme psys have going.

It's called "Apothicary Pots." One Dew of Star Protection can save your *** easily. Try again. :<

Disturbed soul:
    pretty much a anti caster skill. it increases your channeling time by 80% demon vesion increases it by 100%. so if your a wizzard/cleric using those long channeling skills then i think you know what this means for you.

Will any Psychic who actually USES this skill please raise their hand?

Sage bubble of life: purifies all negative status effects and costs 0 chi to do so. do i honestly need to say more?

OH NO! That's HORRIBLE! Obvious this skill needs to be nurfed! NOBODY wants an AoE purify in instances! OH THE HUMANITY! [/sarcasm]

Once again....APOTHICARY POTS. Not hard to make. Stop WHINING.

soul of vengence:
    this skill is again dependant on your soulforce. it reflect 8% of your soul force and demon version reflects 12% of your soulforce. so if you have a insanely high soul force, your reflected dmg will also be insanely high.

[/headdesks]
    Do you even know how much mana that takes up? Most Psychics don't even cast it in instances due to the sucking of MP. MOSTLY, we wait until Sage, beg and plead for the book, AND THEN it's OP.

those were just the main debuffs/buffs for a psy. psys also get some of the best level 100 and 79 skills in the game. sandball clash does 300% weapon dmg and 5.4k additonal dmg AND has a chance to silence AND its semi spammable with a cooldown of only 10 seconds.

...how many 100+ Psychics do you know with that skill?
    Here's a hint: There are only 14 10x Psychics in Harshlands. YOU do the math.

they also get stone smasher which is 400% weapon dmg +10.2k add dmg + 30% reduction in speed. probaly among the best if not the best lvl 100 skills among all the other 100 skills for other classes.

Yes, because clearly it's more OP than the 100 Sin skills. [/sarcasm]

so with all this, if used CORRECTLY and the psy has high enough refines to push his soulforce over the limit, a psy can be the most OP class in the game. more OP then sins.

if used correctly and if the psy has high refines, any class that touches them will be jacked in the ***.

^^ That's the situation with EVERY class. We just have a higher advantage at endgame.

So what are you suggesting OP? Nurf the Psychics? Get rid of those OP Soulforce skills? Do you even know what that leaves our class with?

Probably not.

If you did, we'd be pretty much quick casting Wizards with only two elements. GJ.

Quick question, OP.

.....Do you even PLAY a Psychic? How the hell do you know about us at endgame?
    If you actually went on a PvP server, and actually went out and got to around, let's say level 60, I can assure you from the depths of my black heart, you will be slaughtered compared to the amount of people you kill.

But you know the good news?

Psychics actually take brainpower to play....so there aren't too damn many in the game. You can't just hyper or oracle your Psychic to endgame....because if you do, you will FAIL. HARD.

The bad news? We hit like a truck.
    The good news? There's not too many of us. Worry about the more populated area of the fishes....

....and hell, at least we don't twitch, faceroll, telestun, and then force stealth on you.
    QQ moar.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I got to the enormous green OBJECTION and loled. time for bed. b:laugh

I don't think Psy's are really that OP. I think Sins are though. b:shutup
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • _UnGodly_ - Lost City
    _UnGodly_ - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    HAHA! Hl/ just made my night, I couldn't stop laughing. Though it seems like a pointless argument, I find amusement in this thread.b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2011

those were just the main debuffs/buffs for a psy. psys also get some of the best level 100 and 79 skills in the game. sandball clash does 300% weapon dmg and 5.4k additonal dmg AND has a chance to silence AND its semi spammable with a cooldown of only 10 seconds.

I would like to add that just like assassins, 99% of Psychics are ret@rded. I have no idea why, but they are.

As such, I agree with you that that skill is facking awsum and homg I want it (if I can ever get a full GV). However, for some reason, EVERY friggin' Psychic I know completely passes up that skill and gets the level 100 ultimate AOE. Y'know, the one that casts like a wizzie spell and costs two sparks? Sparks we NEED for defensive purposes?

So yeah, I don't think you have to worry about Psys since the same tards playing assassins are also playing Psychics.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Avriel - Harshlands
    Avriel - Harshlands Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You need to try playing a Psy, and that's all I'm saying. I could directly answer half of those skills with direct counters to them, but half a Psy's strength is that no one understands us, so I'd rather not sit here and give you a guide to fighting Psys. :P

But as I said in the last thread you posted this in: the thing that makes a sin OP where a Psy isn't is that a Psy has counters. 15 second stun sounds OP (btw, I believe it's actually capped at 10 seconds, though I'm not sure), but this won't work against anyone with an anti-stun. It's passive: the opponent has to set it off. And as I said, Psys struggle with anyone who can heal themselves, namely Clerics and Mystics. Yes we have all those incredible defense lines, but they're on a time limit, and Clerics and Mystics have the tools to simply outlast those time limits. If we're talking r9 +12 on everyone, then Clerics and Mystics will probably kill us 9 times out of 10. I also promise you that wizzies and archers can kill us, too. Wizzie damage just continues to go through the roof thanks to their 500% weapon damage skills, and a r9 archer can purge Psy will and white voodoo off completely: then we're just squishy and archers don't exactly deal mediocre damage.
    And for your comments on white voodoo, try playing a Psy. If you ever try and fight in White voodoo, you'll see how crippling it is. White voodoo is there for support and for fighting squishies in 1v1 fights: other than that, it's absolutely crippling. If you're talking about using white voodoo to fight another r9, yeah you'll take a while to go down, but so will he. But you're the one that's on a time limit when it comes to your best defenses.
    One type of fighter we will be an absolute pain for when we have end-game gear is 5aps fighters, and there is no way you can argue to me that they don't deserve a counter.

I'd definitely say a +12 Psy is a force to be reckoned with and I wouldn't be opposed to a nerf to Soul of Silence, but as I said before: we have counters. Lawbreaker on a genie, anti-stun, purge, high damage, the ability to heal yourself: all of those can mess up Psys. Sins? The two counters to sins are barbs and Psys, and they can gladly avoid us altogether or choose to attack when we're weak. Nothing is keeping them in check, and that's what makes a class OP. I'd love to hear how a r9 veno, cleric, wizzie, barb, or archer is supposed to beat a r9 sin.

I just thought I'd say that I love reading your walls of text..
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I would like to add that just like assassins, 99% of Psychics are ret@rded. I have no idea why, but they are.

As such, I agree with you that that skill is facking awsum and homg I want it (if I can ever get a full GV). However, for some reason, EVERY friggin' Psychic I know completely passes up that skill and gets the level 100 ultimate AOE. Y'know, the one that casts like a wizzie spell and costs two sparks? Sparks we NEED for defensive purposes?

So yeah, I don't think you have to worry about Psys since the same tards playing assassins are also playing Psychics.
    That's the main difference between a sin and a psy. A psy that doesn't know how to play his class is an easy kill. A sin that doesn't know how to play his class will still **** you anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Avriel - Harshlands
    Avriel - Harshlands Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Oh wow....OP makes me laugh.

^^ That's the situation with EVERY class. We just have a higher advantage at endgame.

So what are you suggesting OP? Nurf the Psychics? Get rid of those OP Soulforce skills? Do you even know what that leaves our class with?

Probably not.

If you did, we'd be pretty much quick casting Wizards with only two elements. GJ.

Quick question, OP.

.....Do you even PLAY a Psychic? How the hell do you know about us at endgame?
    If you actually went on a PvP server, and actually went out and got to around, let's say level 60, I can assure you from the depths of my black heart, you will be slaughtered compared to the amount of people you kill.

But you know the good news?

Psychics actually take brainpower to play....so there aren't too damn many in the game. You can't just hyper or oracle your Psychic to endgame....because if you do, you will FAIL. HARD.

The bad news? We hit like a truck.
    The good news? There's not too many of us. Worry about the more populated area of the fishes....

....and hell, at least we don't twitch, faceroll, telestun, and then force stealth on you.
    QQ moar.

Thank you good sir for making me laugh so hard. :)
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I LOVE this thread. There, I said it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Other than Longknife, who here ACTUALLY plays a Psychic to a high enough level to call them OP?
    *raises hand*
    I have to agree with some of the points OP made...but Lol....Voodoo's OP? Who does THAT remind you of?

...Oh wait....now I remember.
    black voodoo with white voodoo does not cost chi, which is pretty OP TBH. 8 second cooldown. :x So yeah, its like you can easily own anything.

As for w/e that psy reflect that costs MP per reflect is a fail skill. I never use it. I barely get hit anyway, I think I can buff the common 3.33 APS with it since they never really use skills, blah blah, other than that, useless.

Point: OP shouldn't be QQing because he doesn't even have a Psychic to a semi-decent level. Your argument is invalid. Have a nice day.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Wolfixxx = yulk. In case you didn't realize after reading the first few sentences of his post.

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Gargorx - Raging Tide
    Gargorx - Raging Tide Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    somebody said that there isn't many psys... i disagree.. i see so many of them... atleast in RT..

and for one brilliant thing, somebody also said that psy can speed up their channel, wiz can too. not gonna start telling wiz is op just saying facts, oh yeah reading this thread is fun :D
    non-cs
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    somebody said that there isn't many psys... i disagree.. i see so many of them... atleast in RT..

and for one brilliant thing, somebody also said that psy can speed up their channel, wiz can too. not gonna start telling wiz is op just saying facts, oh yeah reading this thread is fun :D

Someone in this thread actually called out Tide f@$%ing Spirit as being OP? TIDE F/&%ING SPIRT???

Dude, just look up our channeling times. Tide Spirit costs TWO SPARKS and only saves us like .5-.8 seconds of channeling time. That's a joke for us. Just because one skill might be amazing when used by a certain class doesn't mean another class gains the same benefit. I'd love to see someone argue that Essential Sutra on a BM is OP. Tide Spirit is a late-bloomer that's really only worth a darn once your weapon kicks ***. Once you have a good weapon, then it's decent to use: it saves you a spark compared to triple sparking (which no Psy should ever do) and allows you to take down enemies that might otherwise be too annoying to fight with kiting and physical resistance (such as a r9 STR barb or an Occult Ice-spamming BM). But even then? I'd argue it's the 100% weapon damage that's more key to that skill even being worth a darn, with the 0 channeling only being a neat bonus at the start.

And yeah, I've seen a fair amount of Psys popping up lately, though only very briefly. It feels like it's just players hypering them up thinking they can r8 or r9 it, thinking it'll kick *** (similar to how people do this with archers), but then they have no idea wtf they're doing, get frustrated with dying so easily and quit.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • HeavensRage - Raging Tide
    HeavensRage - Raging Tide Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Posting in a Yulk thread, oh boy.
  • Risingson - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Oh oh I'm about to get Sandball Clash myself b:dirtyb:dirty I think Imma love it.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    meet blood.. full +12 R9 psy. kill her alone and i give you a cookie.

once psy's get full +10'ish or more then psy waay more OP than sin :X
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'm an assassin, and the ONLY people I have trouble killing, as in, having the capability to do enough dmg, *period*, are end-game psychics. Heartstone mentioned a particular psychic on our server, who pretty much has the best gear you can possibly get for a psychic. Another psychic who I've actually pked against also comes to mind; lots of +10s. Now let me say this; ANY other class with the same gear would, yes, be very hard to kill, but I can do enough damage. Triple spark and tangling mire is enough to take out the best of the best barbs, so in terms of being able to do enough damage, I *should* be able to kill any class solo. But not the best psychics... not without a really long hard struggle. Why?

Turns out the troll isn't so far out there this time. Any psychics who are complaining about squishness just don't have the proper gear yet. Once your soulforce surpasses 25% chance to silence via use of 'soul of silence' it becomes very very difficult to kill a psychic. As a dps assassin, if I want to do any damage period, I have to use a genie skill to make immune to seal (will surge) or use an apoth that makes one immune to damage. Thats just to be able to attack w/out getting sealed. And that means I have to fit the bulk of my damage with the time constraints of the genie skill/apoth in question. Have to use a genie/apoth just to HIT the psychic in the first place.

Some other problems. Voodoos are SITUATIONAL. If a psychic knows you are there, of course he/she will be using white voodoo to start with.That means, yeah, they can take a hellufalot of hits. To be able to do enough damage, you pretty much have to spark at some point, and even that might not cut it. Later on, if your attack failed and you gotta run, a psychic can pop black voodoo and suddenly you are a 1 shot wonder.

And lets not forget, you are taking a ton of reflect damage every time you hit a psychic with good gear. In fact, against the best psychic on the server, if I don't use a jiazio pot, the reflect alone kills me. Now, in TW, add bramble into the mix. Kill yourself before even half the psychic's hp is gone. This means, if you want to survive, you either have to be immune to damage while hitting the psychic, or you have to recover a whole lot of hp. And no, the 100 lvl sin skill blood frenzy just doesn't cut it.

Oh, don't forget soul of retaliation (or soul of stunning... a tricky psychic will switch em up hoping to catch you short handed). If the psychic has soul of retaliation in, if your first hit against the psychic is big, then expect to one-shot yourself. And if you were foolish enough to use a status effecting attack as first attack, the status effect gets thrown back in your face while psychic waltzes away. And if they switched to soul of stunning, and you forgot to put maze steps in... if a 10s stun lands on you, ya, yur toast. Psychic switches to black voodoo, bam bam (sometimes just takes 1; random hits from r9 psychics often pre-maturely tick deaden nerves), and gg.

Alright, alright. Say you work out how to get past these problems. A psychic can still expel... still has a skill to become immune to phy dmg for 8 whole seconds... can still use apoths JUST LIKE YOU... has skills to immoblize you, stun you, skill that do enough freakin damage to bypass your charm even if they have white voodoo on. And lets not forget, any psychic with more than 2 ounces for a brain is NOT gonna just stand there and let you double spark in stealth, lock them down with immoblize, etc etc... they gonna keep moving. That means to hold them down you have to lock them with tackling slash, or use genie for occult ice (meaning you have to then use apoth to hit, cuz won't have enough genie energy for will surge), or a tele stun which any sin can tell you will land a few meters behind a target if that target keeps moving (which loses you valuable time). Combine that with all the problems listed above, and a well geared psychic is very very very hard to kill.

In comparison, a well geared assassin is still an easy kill. EAAAAASY kill. Everybody knows that, sins included. The best geared assassin on my server can be killed by me if simply double spark & get off a headhunt.

So in conclusion, yeah top geared psychics are relatively OP compared to other top geared r9 characters. Assassins with equally good gear don't get the same OP-boost as psychics get; their OP-ness starts earlier and increases less drastically. For all around surviveability and deadliness, a smart, well geared psychic will beat the **** out of other smart, well geared people of other classes.

Azzazin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    I'm an assassin, and the ONLY people I have trouble killing, as in, having the capability to do enough dmg, *period*, are end-game psychics. Heartstone mentioned a particular psychic on our server, who pretty much has the best gear you can possibly get for a psychic. Another psychic who I've actually pked against also comes to mind; lots of +10s. Now let me say this; ANY other class with the same gear would, yes, be very hard to kill, but I can do enough damage. Triple spark and tangling mire is enough to take out the best of the best barbs, so in terms of being able to do enough damage, I *should* be able to kill any class solo. But not the best psychics... not without a really long hard struggle. Why?

Because Psychics are specifically designed to bishslap assassins and by god you guys deserve to have a perfect counter.

/endthread
    I <3 AGOREY
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Because Psychics are specifically designed to bishslap assassins and by god you guys deserve to have a perfect counter.

/endthread
    Agreed

/endquote
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool