Mmmm. Yummy link. *eats it*
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Really weird harmonies in that. ;-;
    Hehe <3
    I've had the page in my Favourites for a long time; it's always sounded the same but I was surprised to see it was green instead of.. white and blue or something I think it used to be.

Kossy you already had pie D:
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Q____Q - Dreamweaver
    Q____Q - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Really weird harmonies in that. ;-;
    when u said that i decided to turn the music on.. i like it ~! maybe that will be my nw music toda y 8D
  • Synta - Dreamweaver
    Synta - Dreamweaver Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Synta, you are only supposed to do one... It says it numerous places in the thread >.>

I only read the one post >:(
    Thriv linked it to me!

I changed font colour so you need to highlight to read it (hopefully), slightly better? It's still a bit visible but I dunno code for background and my colour blindness made it hard to work out what there was too much colour of :P
    b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
  • Q____Q - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I only read the one post >:(
    Thriv linked it to me!

I changed font colour so you need to highlight to read it (hopefully), slightly better? It's still a bit visible but I dunno code for background and my colour blindness made it hard to work out what there was too much colour of :P

this coloourrrr/?
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    Options
    this coloourrrr/?
    That's not one on the list is it/it's more of a custom colour right, 'cause I haven't ever seen it on that. xD

Eum we're off maths topic so D:

I have 7 bananas and 5 camels and the camels all eat half a banana how many bananas do I now have D:

Thrivvy you were making your maths right xD Or is Decus making the next ones/your thing before was just hypothetical?
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Stop stealing my color, both of you!
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Q____Q - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Stop stealing my color, both of you!

sorry D8
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Enough with the spam >:(

Thrivypoo is encouraged to submit three more. If not, I'll post more toughies next week.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Q____Q - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Enough with the spam >:(

Thrivypoo is encouraged to submit three more. If not, I'll post more toughies next week.

does that mean my problems were awesomely tough too?! 8D
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Yes, unimaginably hard.
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Seirina - Dreamweaver
    Seirina - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Mmmm. Yummy link. *eats it*

I don't think links taste to good...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Characters: Seirina (101 Sage Cleric)
    Server: Dreamweaver
    The Answer to the Universe: 42
  • Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    You may thank Thrivelia for the first problems of the new year!I edited them a bit so they weren't as hard to read :3 Enjoy!

Ena.

Waffy is an avid animal keeper.. collector? Nothing will stop him from collecting those animals even if they belong to someone else D8 .

He goes to the Dynasty Mansion with only 2 cats and 3 dogs with him. In the mansion he takes all 23 of Synta's cats, 13 of Synta's dogs, and 3 of his British goldfish. He sees Decus and takes 14 of his cats, 6 of his dogs, a dozen of his 14 hamsters, 3 of his lizards, and 4 of his mice. He also sees Miiko and takes only 3 of her 4 meeses, half of her 8 polar bears, and 17 of her sharks. Waffy leaves the mansion with his .. expanded collection..

How many animals does Waffy have now?

Dva.

Decus is having a cookie party. Decus bakes 43 cookies for all the guest. Kis, Waffy, Synta, and a bunch of other Dyna people come. Waffy decides to help decus with the.. food.. . Waffy bakes 3 cookies to bring to the party. (He only had.. not even half of the Pillsbury cookie dough roll thing. This dough from 23 years ago. It's from the last time he baked cookies... for his.. special someone). Miiko comes and takes 3 and a quarter of a cookie. Synta comes and takes 14 and the rest of the cookie that miiko took. Kis takes 5 cookies. Hea takes 1. EX takes 3. Teri takes 4. Waffy comes and takes 4 (he want's to profit from this!!!).

How many cookies does Decus have left?

Tri.

Synta is buying watermelons for a ... family.. reunition. He plans to buy 34 watermelons so each person gets two (one for lunch and one for dinner) . Each watermelon weighs 50 kg. 1 lb of watermelon costs $0.17, but if you buy more than a dozen watermelons, the ones after the dozen will cost you $0.16/kg.

How much does Synta pay for the watermelons? :D
    1) Waffy now has 105 animals with him :D

2) Decus has 11 cookies left!

3) Synta paid 637.1062 for the watermelons? if rounded 637.11:?

tell me which ones i got right!
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    Options
    No one solves the banana and llama one >: That's the only unsolved one so far.
    Thrivvypoo should have a key/Decus is all Decusy and knows already by his squid magic abilities so..
    I actually don't think I"ve seen affirmations of correct-ness much o.o
  • Q____Q - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    Options
    No one solves the banana and llama one >: That's the only unsolved one so far.
    Thrivvypoo should have a key/Decus is all Decusy and knows already by his squid magic abilities so..
    I actually don't think I"ve seen affirmations of correct-ness much o.o

actually i don't know the answers o.o
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    Options
    actually i don't know the answers o.o
    Yeah I actually kinda figured that too but was offering comfort... I never actually solve my problems before posting them. Like the camel one, I have no idea 'cause I never mentally did the problem. xD
    So just Decus does then D:
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I am finally giving in to my passion for maths....I HAVE ARRIVED b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Options
    It's been ages, but I don't care >:o
    Number 2 is for people like me that lack creativity.

Edit: As a reminder, show your work and don't stop to searching around or using online solvers. That's not really in the spirit of the thread.

1-

Given a triangle ABC and a point S inside. Show that, if the areas of triangles ABS, BCS, CAS are equal, then S is the centroid of ABC.

2-

Evaluate this purty integral.

3-

Suppose a mass moves smoothly enough along the x-axis. It starts at x = 0 with zero velocity and zero acceleration. At time t = 2, it reaches x = a > 0 with zero velocity and zero acceleration. Show that, at some time between 0 and 2, the rate of change of acceleration is >= 3a.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    *looks at thread*
    *closes thread*
    im following extra math classes with a lot of paiin :O !
    so jelly your knowing this all so easily
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Options
    so jelly your knowing this all so easily

It doesn't come easily to me at all. My degree was in music, I just really like mathematics. I've never once claimed to even be any good, and many of my old peers far surpassed me very early on. At best, I am an amateur enthusiast.

I hope you do well in your classes, and feel free to drop in and post questions if you think anyone here can help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    would be nice but i have a block of math questions all in dutch b:chuckle
    would take a while to get it translated :p
    and meh for math classes >.< terrified for my math exam friday
    8 pages of formulas and questions tht leave a question mark with me lol D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • quillhogking05
    quillhogking05 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Hello, is there someone who can answer this:

Give an example of a completely regular space X whose Stone-Cech compactification is not homeomorphic to its one-point compactification.

I cant think of a space...

Also:

Prove that every locally compact, second countable Hausdorff space is metrizable.

I can use that every regular second countable space is metrizable.

Thank you!
  • ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver
    ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Decus, you've never told me that your degree is in music. I must admit I'm a little bit disappointed by that; If I knew earlier I'd ask you to teach me the piano, I've had that dream for quite a long time, but I think I'm a bit too old for it now ;)

You might consider creating a thread about lessons in music b:chuckle

Nice to still see you around, buddy, keep up the good work.
    ColdAsLife, 90, Proud Sage Archer
    ArchRaziel, 5x, Cleric
    XBushidoX, xbushidox.guildportal.com
    Rectitude, Courage, Benelovence, Respect, Honesty, Honor, Loyalty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yorkin - Dreamweaver
    Yorkin - Dreamweaver Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    This thread is eternal, hehe. Very good. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A small tribute to elven mathematician from a human physicist. b:pleased

Yorkin - The Retired Wizard
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Decus, you've never told me that your degree is in music. I must admit I'm a little bit disappointed by that; If I knew earlier I'd ask you to teach me the piano, I've had that dream for quite a long time, but I think I'm a bit too old for it now ;)

You might consider creating a thread about lessons in music b:chuckle

Nice to still see you around, buddy, keep up the good work.

Hey Grim, nice to see you around here too. Thanks again for the pass at the thread! I'm a pretty poor pianist so you'd want a better teacher, trust me.

Hope you are well!

This thread is eternal, hehe. Very good. :D

Yorkin! Hello again, my friend! Why aren't you solving problems? I keep including special ones for you? D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Q____Q - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I'm a pretty poor pianist so you'd want a better teacher, trust me.

decus lies!!!!!
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    *makes an equation with cats*
    1/Hanging kitty+1/yawning kitty
    LCD= Hanging, yawning kitty
    1 hanging, yawning kitty+1hanging, yawning kitty= 2 hanging, yawning kitties

o_o Aw Decus I'm sure your nimble piano playing skills are exceptionalily Decusy.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options

o_o Aw Decus I'm sure your nimble piano playing skills are exceptionalily Decusy.

They're not. Trust me on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    They're not. Trust me on it.
    Decus. There is no way your piano playing skills can not be Decusy.
    I rest my case.
    xD
  • Bezdna - Dreamweaver
    Bezdna - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    SweetieBot give 1 point to Decus - Dreamweaver for making this thread.
    SweetieBot take 2 points from Decus - Dreamweaver for making this thread >:[
This discussion has been closed.