DQ Rewards (resolved) / Facebook Connect Issue (resolved)

Options

Comments

• ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Wow really ? having trouble with these pages now? People have only been posting for over a month that there were issues. So lets get started an let you guys know the my wallet page is down. Maybe in about a month or so they will notice that isn't working either.
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    yakuzi wrote: »
    If the dev's arent the one that should be blamed for rubberbanding, then who is it?
    Should we blame ourselves that this game rubberbands like ****? Oh okay.

Gm's admitted banding was added as a feature a few months ago have a look here b:chuckle

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=886872&page=3
  • WritersBlock - Sanctuary
    WritersBlock - Sanctuary Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Thank you b:thanks

Edit: GAH! Why can't people play nice and NOT turn EVERY forum thread into a cash shoppers vs leeches agrument?!?!

Edit 2: *Looks at next post and sighs*

Btw: I'ma leech ;p
    b:angry why isn't there a thumbs up smiley?!?!?!
  • Shao_on_Fire - Heavens Tear
    Shao_on_Fire - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Any time we pay money for a service- drycleaning, dinner at a restaurant, or items in the PWI item mall- we are paying customers, and inherit the right to complain about poor service.

If my drycleaner shrank my suits for work, why would I suddenly lose the right to complain? I paid for the service, it didn't work.

PWI is no different. They are a business, and they have a financial income. Their interest should be in keeping their paying customers happy; because those of you who are 100% free to play are the only ones with no right to complain- you haven't contributed financially to the company, and have not assisted PWI in generating revenue. This is a business- we FUND this company. We pay for the lights, the employee's salaries, the servers, the facilities- all of that is funded through the various zen charges players make- and clearly, there are a LOT of players who charge zen.

PWI chooses not to fix issues, because in most cases, fixes don't generate cashflow. Example:
    This morning, the Zen page was down. It is now functional- why? Because that website generates funds.
    The rubberbanding issue has multiplied in severity 100 fold since the Genesis release, but there has still been no overall fix for this issue since its inception with the release of PWI's expansion that included the genies.

Players continue to bemoan this, but they are ignored, because fixing this major issue- be it server-side or software coding, etc.- has no revenue generating value. So they ignore it.

The fact that they ignore it doesn't mean that I don't have the right to complain- I pay money for the game, and PWI is providing poor service. If your waitress spills your drink on your table, and NEVER cleans it up, are you going to complain, or just ignore it?
  • dirtycar74
    dirtycar74 Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    all these arguments over this really aren't looking at the bigger picture.

That being:

If the game worked the way it should, without rubberbanding and other minor issues, there would be a happier player base and word of mouth would spread (the time and again proven best method of advertisement) and new players added to the player base. Of these new players, a certain percentage are going to be "investing" real cash into the game.

So...

If they fixed it right and customers were happy and recommend the game to new people, then wouldnt there be more money also going to charging zen, etc.? Why cant they see that?

So fix it already!
  • Din_Toran - Sanctuary
    Din_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ^+10^

/10-char
  • daslayer89
    daslayer89 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    just a side note for those claiming there aren't any "paying customers" pwi has the boutique and u dont have to buy from it.(true)

well in the real world i can walk into a store and choose not to buy anything. (more or less same thing as playing pw without using the boutique) yet once i do buy something i have become a what...... "paying customer"

so fail logic on ya leechers.. now have fun and thank the nice cash shoppers that u have a game to play.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    daslayer89 wrote: »
    just a side note for those claiming there aren't any "paying customers" pwi has the boutique and u dont have to buy from it.(true)

well in the real world i can walk into a store and choose not to buy anything. (more or less same thing as playing pw without using the boutique) yet once i do buy something i have become a what...... "paying customer"

so fail logic on ya leechers.. now have fun and thank the nice cash shoppers that u have a game to play.

This game would possibly exist without heavy cashshoppers. <unamused>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Cashshoppers keep the servers up, and f2p people are needed for the cashshoppers to phew phew. Without either the servers wouldn't exist.
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • LittIewg - Heavens Tear
    LittIewg - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    What are you guys arguing about? 2 Damn lazy to read all that text.
  • walldowench
    walldowench Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hows about slipping a blessing into everyones mailbox as a gesture of good will? :)
  • Secksman - Lost City
    Secksman - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Cashshoppers keep the servers up, and f2p people are needed for the cashshoppers to phew phew. Without either the servers wouldn't exist.

I disagree on the second part. Cash shoppers would still kill cash shoppers but still, your logic is more sound than the venomancers who apparently don't understand that you can charge money to this game.

And to all the idiots that are commenting "why do all threads get turned into CSer vs leecher"...That was not the arguement. Everyone needs to go back to school and learn to read.

The arguement was over the fact that there ARE in fact paying customers in this game. You don't have to pay...I don't give a shet. But the point is you have the ability to become a paying customer. People disagreed and stated that there are no paying customers because there is no monthly fee.

Buncha fking tards.
  • Amystinia - Archosaur
    Amystinia - Archosaur Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I couldn't have said it better myself, Secksman!
  • sethh
    sethh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Fix it now you got 2 days hurry up Morons.
    b:pleasedI'm ignorant :)
  • tude
    tude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Any news on when will the pages be back up?
  • Cyb_kairu - Sanctuary
    Cyb_kairu - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hey guys,

We are currently having an issue with the DQ rewards (Dragon Points) page as well as with the Facebook Connect tool.

We're working on them right now, but it may take a bit of time to get them back up and running. Just know that we're doing everything we can to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

One bit of good news is that your account will continue to accumulate Dragon Points as you vendor DQ items, so don't worry about that. You'll be able to spend them once we get the page back up.

Thank you, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

I CALL BULL****. 10 bucks says they just wanna keep it down so more people spend money for rank 9's attack lvl
  • DexionSlayer - Heavens Tear
    DexionSlayer - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Teehee its so funny to use the argument "its a free game you dont have to pay". Think about it this way..ever seen a store..thatll charge you to walk inside? I bet a lot less ppl would go in there to buy anything cus they might just want to look around first or summin. Wich applies to the free players in this game, they look around and they may or may not buy something, they are potential costumers. However the ppl that go inside and buy something are paying costumers. Ish simple!
    <3love you Fai's
  • ShapeShade - Lost City
    ShapeShade - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ppl, don't be so mad. it's normal to have some problems when new update comes and its just impossible o fix smth in a second by power of our will. We are not "Bruce Almighty" unfortunately =) so lets just relax and be glad, that the problem is resolving. ^^
  • WritersBlock - Sanctuary
    WritersBlock - Sanctuary Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I disagree on the second part. Cash shoppers would still kill cash shoppers but still, your logic is more sound than the venomancers who apparently don't understand that you can charge money to this game.

And to all the idiots that are commenting "why do all threads get turned into CSer vs leecher"...That was not the arguement. Everyone needs to go back to school and learn to read. The arguement was over the fact that there ARE in fact paying customers in this game. You don't have to pay...I don't give a shet. But the point is you have the ability to become a paying customer. People disagreed and stated that there are no paying customers because there is no monthly fee.

Buncha fking tards.

Wow, I do know how to read thank you very much. Read the red print and think about it. I'm not perfect myself, but I admit it. b:thanks

I understand perfectly well that you can charge money to the game. Yet you clearly state, "You don't have to pay...I don't give a shet." So uh *cough* venomancers *cough* don't apply? b:bye

Oh, and thank you for overall matureness and the "masked" personal attacks. b:chuckle If I did something to ignite your personal anger, I apologize, that was not my intention. I meant to leave a quick message, subscribe to the thread, and wait for the final response that topic issues have been resolved.

I'll take it you're asking me to elaborate and so I shall, since you so politely incited my desire to respond, though I perceived my earlier comment would be perfectly enough in expressing my opinion on the topic:

Of course there are costs for running and maintaining PWI, not to mention personnel costs. Somebody has to pay for it.

Thus, people who pay out real money are consumers (or customers if you like) continue to make demands and threaten their loyalty when something isn't working. Heck, I've seen threads about taking legal action.

However, consider the unsaid: People who pay out real money have this right while in contrast, those that do not *cough* leechers* have none. Of course some who are leechers will add their complaints to the tirade, but I personally feel grateful there is a game for me to play free.

Stuff happens, no system is 100% perfect. Rubberbanding, npc's that aren't there, DQ pages working only intermitently, rankings missing, Jones' Blessings not working, etc. etc., the list goes on and on. However, doesn't every game face problems?

To my lovely cash shoppers, who without I would not be able to continue playing for free:

Be thankful they are trying to fix them instead of becoming blinded by the missing greens in your pockets. They're gone. You've made the choice to invest in this game, full knowing there is no guarantee of the perfection you or any other person desires. No one desires glitches, but being accustomed to the problems in the game should have created an informed consumer in you had you stopped to ponder. You may have temporarily forgotten previous problems and situations, however the information is readily available to educate yourself before making an investment. Dig around a little. You decided to make those greens invisible. No one ripped them from your pockets.

Where are your rights now?

There's my "cash shoppers vs leechers." It is a philosophical attitude if you'd like a summary.

Happy now? b:thanks

All that said, why can't we hug, be friends, and wait for this issue to be fixed? b:sad
    b:angry why isn't there a thumbs up smiley?!?!?!
  • Jenguin - Heavens Tear
    Jenguin - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Im getting sick of this waiting game. Hurry and fix it...
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    It's fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Rocker_ - Harshlands
    Rocker_ - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The DQ points is Fixed but the Jones Blessing isnt b:angry and i want my jones blassings NOW
  • Jenguin - Heavens Tear
    Jenguin - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    really its fixed? soooo how come all the 600+ dq i npcd yesterday isnt accumilating?
  • _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver
    _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Google chrome cant use drop down box for server/char. IE can't send.. Is there some setting I'm missing? Never mind. I cleared history and I got it on google chrome.
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Still is not working for me but just on the part where it must send the reward to my account, it looks like loading but then page keeps on same DQ points and i don't have any mail in-game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I was able to select server and character and send with Firefox, though I had to do it mostly by feel - as usual, the buttons didn't display in Firefox. Also, the available DQ points didn't update until I refreshed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I still can't choose the character for the DQ page. I've tried with three different browsers and get the same results. But then again, I have had this same problem since the page was first published, and yes I have submitted ticket(s) before and we see where I am at currently.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Working for me on Chrome.
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    IDK what's causing it. I have tried IE, Chrome, and Firefox but get the same results with all of them. Tempted to just say **** it and ask for a Demon/Sage Event Card to compensate for the loss >.<
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Kayleigh - Raging Tide
    Kayleigh - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    DQ Rewards worked fine for me on IE9 RC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Started March 2010
    Characters
    Kayleigh - 102 Sage Cleric
    KayTheBarb - 100 Sage Barbarian
This discussion has been closed.